Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-03-18, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
Saquon Barkley is a freak. Faster 40 than Devin Hester, benched more reps than Joe Thomas, jumped higher than Julio Jones.
That says it all.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-18, 02:17 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Pointing out the flaws of and the Browns' failures with the "value pick" philosophy is stupid I guess drafting the best player in the draft is stupid as well.

I'm sure the Browns thought the 2011 draft was deep at WR too.

What you're advocating for qualifies as "doing the same thing over and over expecting different results" dumbazsery. It's just a retread of what the Browns always do. Solid plan Cabe.

On the contrary, after yesterday, the Browns taking him is growing in popularity, not that it really matters.
The world is full of "prisoner of the moment" morons, and you at least are correct in that they don't matter. You'll find yourself some agreement among them for the next few weeks. Go watch the Underwear Olympics and join them in getting jacked up over workouts. So awesome!!

I was referring to those that understand how to look at the draft and apply it to a particular football team. They continue to move away from Barkley even at 4.

The first 5 lines of your post are just childish and irrelevant. You even contradict yourself in that your chosen direction forces the Browns into a "value QB" by default - the most important position on the field. None of the current talent evaluators in a position of authority aside from Andrew Berry have ever been here before, and DePo is more of a stats consultant than ever before. To claim that this crew might do something that 'qualifies as "doing the same thing over and over expecting different results" dumbazsery.' is stupid even for you when you're dug in on a point.
Old 03-03-18, 02:42 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
That is possible, all things considered. People make stupid mistakes all the time.

Remember how Ditka's CTE problems first presented, in the 1999 draft, or Holmgren's errors in trading up to select Trent Richardson ahead of yet another value QB pick in Weeden ? Magic #22.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/browns-...ry?id=53446525

Yeah, Barkley could go #1. It's possible.
Taking any of these QBs #1 is the mistake. Take the best player available...

Supposedly a deep QB draft so you'll still get a good one at 4.
Old 03-03-18, 02:48 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Funny, Jackson completes 57% in a real conference and he has accuracy issues and should work out as a WR. Allen completes 56%. Should he work out at TE?
His style doesn't translate to the NFL.
Old 03-03-18, 03:27 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
His style doesn't translate to the NFL.
You want to expand on that?
Old 03-03-18, 03:36 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The world is full of "prisoner of the moment" morons, and you at least are correct in that they don't matter. You'll find yourself some agreement among them for the next few weeks. Go watch the Underwear Olympics and join them in getting jacked up over workouts. So awesome!!
I guess you're just a prisoner of your own stupidity then?

Quote:
I was referring to those that understand how to look at the draft and apply it to a particular football team. They continue to move away from Barkley even at 4.
"People who agree with me know football. Everyone else is an idiot!"

Quote:
The first 5 lines of your post are just childish and irrelevant.
Of course. Everything that makes you look foolish is "childish"

Quote:
You even contradict yourself in that your chosen direction forces the Browns into a "value QB" by default - the most important position on the field.
It's a talent evaluation coupled with draft positioning. This is not the same as saying "skip the more talented player because you can get a less talented player at the same position later at value." How do you possibly confuse this?

I'll try to make it simpler for you: Barkley is the best player in the draft. There are AT LEAST 3 QBs who are rated as possible Top 5 picks (Darnold, Rosen, and Allen). Given the Browns position of holding the #1 and #4 pick, they are GUARANTEED 1 of those 3 QBs, but are not guaranteed the best player in the draft. Therefore, it makes the most sense to take the best player first then add the QB at #4.

Quote:
None of the current talent evaluators in a position of authority aside from Andrew Berry have ever been here before, and DePo is more of a stats consultant than ever before. To claim that this crew might do something that 'qualifies as "doing the same thing over and over expecting different results" dumbazsery.' is stupid even for you when you're dug in on a point.
Solid, classic nonsense Cabe melt
Old 03-03-18, 04:44 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
It obviously bothers you

What is innaccuate here is your statement. His small frame has always been a big concern for NFL teams. Getting up to 216 doesn't change that because it's not so much about weigh as it is his body type.

Teams have durability concerns on top of skills concerns. This isn't hard.
White simply wasn’t big enough, Jackson clearly is.
Old 03-03-18, 05:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Taking any of these QBs #1 is the mistake. Take the best player available...

Supposedly a deep QB draft so you'll still get a good one at 4.
Because you think they are all the same, and that men that have forgotten more than you will ever know about judging NFL talent shouldn't be able to single out one of these QBs most worthy of being the first QB selected. Got it.

You and 'saders are both Stark Co born and bred - are you also a Stillers' fan ?
Old 03-03-18, 05:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I guess you're just a prisoner of your own stupidity then?

"People who agree with me know football. Everyone else is an idiot!"

Of course. Everything that makes you look foolish is "childish"

It's a talent evaluation coupled with draft positioning. This is not the same as saying "skip the more talented player because you can get a less talented player at the same position later at value." How do you possibly confuse this?

I'll try to make it simpler for you: Barkley is the best player in the draft. There are AT LEAST 3 QBs who are rated as possible Top 5 picks (Darnold, Rosen, and Allen). Given the Browns position of holding the #1 and #4 pick, they are GUARANTEED 1 of those 3 QBs, but are not guaranteed the best player in the draft. Therefore, it makes the most sense to take the best player first then add the QB at #4.

Solid, classic nonsense Cabe melt
Pretty funny that you would take a post that calmly spells out your own personal stupidity, call it a melt, and then proceed to melt down as you sort of respond to it. Classic 'saders desperate attempt to flip the field.

You really need a new shtick, Boy Wonder. You should have outgrown this by now.
Old 03-03-18, 05:08 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
If the Browns don't take a QB #1, will you concede that the "men who have forgotten more about football than you'll ever know" disagreed with your assessment and you were therefore wrong? Or will they be idiots then as well?
Old 03-03-18, 05:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Because you think they are all the same, and that men that have forgotten more than you will ever know about judging NFL talent shouldn't be able to single out one of these QBs most worthy of being the first QB selected. Got it.

You and 'saders are both Stark Co born and bred - are you also a Stillers' fan ?
If they choose Barkley, are they still smart guys, weirdo?
Old 03-03-18, 05:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
White simply wasn’t big enough, Jackson clearly is.
You're basing that simply on his weight. That's honestly stupid. He has a slender frame; he appears to have an ectomorph body type. Meaning smaller bones, joints, muscle mass, etc. That creates the issue of durability. Guys built like that generally play outside at WR, CB, sometimes S, but not typically QB. Especially not with a running style at QB.
Old 03-03-18, 05:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Pretty funny that you would take a post that calmly spells out your own personal stupidity, call it a melt, and then proceed to melt down as you sort of respond to it. Classic 'saders desperate attempt to flip the field.

You really need a new shtick, Boy Wonder. You should have outgrown this by now.
Way to completely dodge the post cabe. The melt continues
Old 03-03-18, 05:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
If they choose Barkley, are they still smart guys, weirdo?
If they take Barkley #1, then they feel that there are too many issues working against any of the QBs or they are gambling on what other teams will do. I don't see it happening.

My issue, obviously, is with someone with the limited knowledge, talent evaluation acumen, and access to personal player info like a yappi poster saying unequivocally that Barkley makes more sense for the Browns to select than one of these QBs. Don't be stupid.
Old 03-03-18, 05:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You're basing that simply on his weight. That's honestly stupid. He has a slender frame; he appears to have an ectomorph body type. Meaning smaller bones, joints, muscle mass, etc. That creates the issue of durability. Guys built like that generally play outside at WR, CB, sometimes S, but not typically QB. Especially not with a running style at QB.
He’s got 3” and 30# on White. You sound stupid. Smaller bones, joints and muscle mass than who?
Old 03-03-18, 05:18 PM
All World

Quote:
My issue, obviously, is with someone with the limited knowledge, talent evaluation acumen, and access to personal player info like a yappi poster saying unequivocally that Barkley makes more sense for the Browns to select than one of these QBs. Don't be stupid.
You seem just as committed to the opposite stance as anyone is to taking Barkley at #1.
Old 03-03-18, 05:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
If they take Barkley #1, then they feel that there are too many issues working against any of the QBs or they are gambling on what other teams will do. I don't see it happening.

You’ve been saying unequivocally that Barkley would be a terrible pick for like two months now.
Old 03-03-18, 05:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
He’s got 3” and 30# on White.
Factually incorrect.

Quote:
You sound stupid.
Irony.

Quote:
Smaller bones, joints and muscle mass than who?
Mesomorphs and endomorphs.
Old 03-03-18, 05:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Factually incorrect.

Irony.

Mesomorphs and endomorphs.
It’s not factually incorrect. Both Darnold and Rosen are listed ~ 6’3-6’4 ~220; Jackson is an inch shorter and about the same weight.

Last edited by eastside_purple; 03-03-18 at 05:40 PM..
Old 03-03-18, 05:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
You seem just as committed to the opposite stance as anyone is to taking Barkley at #1.
I am committed to the notion that it's foolish to take an RB #1 in a draft replete with RB talent. Absolutely. That is not claiming that I personally know whether Barkley is of a greater or lesser value to the Browns than a given QB. I'd go as far as to say that I personally think Fitzpatrick is so much better than the next FS/CB that I'd be ticked off if they didn't get him with their second selection.

I would rather see them trade down a little bit if they could still get their QB of choice and Fitzpatrick than see them take Barkley #1. I'd assume there was no deal both adequate in preserving position and safely predictable to be made if they took Barkley over a QB at #1.
Old 03-03-18, 05:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
It’s not factually incorrect. Both Darnold and Rosen are listed ~ 6’3-6’4 ~220; Jackson is an inch shorter and about the same weight.
Yes, it is. Jackson is 6'2" 216. White was 6'0" 205. That's a 2 in, 11 lbs difference. If you want to calculate pounds per inch, it's 2.91 for Jackson and 2.85 for White. For comparative purposes, the stockier built JT Barrett is 6'1" 220; 3.01 pounds per inch.

Again, it's not so much the height and weight as it is body type. I'm done repeating myself.
Old 03-03-18, 05:47 PM
All World

How does what you said below.

Quote:
My issue, obviously, is with someone with the limited knowledge, talent evaluation acumen, and access to personal player info like a yappi poster saying unequivocally that Barkley makes more sense for the Browns to select than one of these QB's
Not apply equally to this

Quote:
I am committed to the notion that it's foolish to take an RB #1
Old 03-03-18, 05:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yes, it is. Jackson is 6'2" 216. White was 6'0" 205. That's a 2 in, 11 lbs difference. If you want to calculate pounds per inch, it's 2.91 for Jackson and 2.85 for White. For comparative purposes, the stockier built JT Barrett is 6'1" 220; 3.01 pounds per inch.

Again, it's not so much the height and weight as it is body type. I'm done repeating myself.
White’s combine weight was about 10# less than that.

You keep saying body type, but your height and weight dictate your body type to a large degree and Jackson’s H/W are more comparable to his QB draft class, especially Darnold.

Btw, Bridgewater measured in at 6’2 215# at the combine. Ectomorph?
Old 03-03-18, 05:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
How does what you said below.

Not apply equally to this
Weirdo logic.
Old 03-03-18, 05:59 PM
All Yappi

Randall Cunningham’s combine H/W was 6’4 215#, was he ectomorph?
Old 03-03-18, 06:01 PM
All Yappi

Bernie Kosar played at 6’5 214#.
Old 03-03-18, 06:13 PM
All Yappi

Darnold and Rosen’s pounds per inch are under 3.0, only fractionally higher than Jackson.
Old 03-03-18, 06:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
White’s combine weight was about 10# less than that.

You keep saying body type, but your height and weight dictate your body type to a large degree and Jackson’s H/W are more comparable to his QB draft class, especially Darnold.

Btw, Bridgewater measured in at 6’2 215# at the combine. Ectomorph?
White's playing weight was 205 lbs.

Height and weight alone to do not dictate body type. Body type is about bone size, joint size, metabolism, the ability to add weight/muscle, etc. Ectomorph's biggest problem is adding muscle, and that's been the concern for Jackson.

How many times now have I said it's not strictly about height and weight? 3? 4?
Old 03-03-18, 06:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
White's playing weight was 205 lbs.

Height and weight alone to do not dictate body type. Body type is about bone size, joint size, metabolism, the ability to add weight/muscle, etc. Ectomorph's biggest problem is adding muscle, and that's been the concern for Jackson.

How many times now have I said it's not strictly about height and weight? 3? 4?
He threw 5 NFL passes, wgaf what his weight was for those 5 passes? His playing weight was probably closer to 190# anyway. His combine weight was 195.

You’ve supplied zero data to support this, so who cares how many times you’ve said it? Based on what measurable is his “body type” an concern? Have you seen him naked or something?

Last edited by eastside_purple; 03-03-18 at 06:50 PM..
Old 03-03-18, 06:52 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Threadeffingpainfultoreadomorph.