Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-26-18, 01:15 PM
Moderated User

Dee Lou Chanel is on a distinguished road
Head coach at Jefferson Area

Does anyone know if coach Henson resigned? I overheard a wrestling coach in Geauga county saying he is moving on from Jefferson. Just curious if this is true. I did not see an opening in OHSAA's website yet.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-18, 01:22 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Henson is a great plaucaller. Has no talent there. Would be surprised if he left though.
Old 02-26-18, 02:06 PM
All District

DCoach47 is on a distinguished road
I heard rumors of this back in October as the regular season was winding down, but have yet to see anything official
Old 02-27-18, 12:56 AM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Good for him if he does, the talent level has diminished tremendously in the last couple years
Old 02-27-18, 06:59 AM
All Region

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Wow, never realized how bad of shape Jefferson was in.
Old 02-27-18, 07:42 AM
Moderated User

Westgbooster is on a distinguished road
Football out Ashtabula way has been terrible since I can remember. Kids out there would rather hunt and dirt bike ride or snowmobile. Different environment
Old 02-27-18, 10:45 PM
All World

Theor hoops team got bounced by 40 to edgewood in the playoffs tonight as well, honestly not sure why Jefferson and edgewood don’t combine
Old 03-22-18, 07:57 AM
Freshman

HCFootball2010 is on a distinguished road
Any word on this job??
Old 03-22-18, 11:32 AM
Junior Varsity

50Hybrid is on a distinguished road
On footballscoop.com it says that he resigned.
Old 03-23-18, 03:38 AM
All World

Does anyone actually want that job?
Old 03-23-18, 09:54 AM
All District

Fballfan10 is on a distinguished road
Head coach at Jefferson Area

Hearing Gresko from Kenston might get the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Fballfan10; 03-23-18 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-24-18, 01:07 PM
All District

The only two names Iíve herd was George Gresko from Kenston and John Phillips, Phillips is from one of the Ashtabula schools I believe. But I heard its down to them two guys.

Old 03-24-18, 02:30 PM
Varsity

Lex Luger is an unknown quantity at this point
Fballfan you really have the in on gresco! I just read All your insight on gresco on a West Geauga thread. I hope fballfan (errrr) gresco gets this job. From what I read he’s a great football mind and made it to the finals in West Geauga hire.
Old 03-24-18, 02:40 PM
Varsity

Maybe gresco can lift the level of football out east. One new creative mind might be able to light a fire under other coaches into pushing the envelope.
Old 03-25-18, 12:46 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luger View Post
Maybe gresco can lift the level of football out east. One new creative mind might be able to light a fire under other coaches into pushing the envelope.

I donít personally know him, but my friends kids go to his youth football camps that he runs and my friends say that he is a stand up guy. I was hoping he was hired at West G over that dope Sopkovich.. but now I hope Jefferson gets Gresko. My cousin actually went to Jefferson. I heard Jefferson has wonderful facilities.

Old 03-25-18, 06:59 AM
All World

They have a pretty nice setup with nice turf, as usual they will have weather advantage playing so close to Erie
Old 03-25-18, 07:15 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballfan10 View Post
I don’t personally know him, but my friends kids go to his youth football camps that he runs and my friends say that he is a stand up guy. I was hoping he was hired at West G over that dope Sopkovich.. but now I hope Jefferson gets Gresko. My cousin actually went to Jefferson. I heard Jefferson has wonderful facilities.

What I’m told is “that dope Sopkovich “. That fballfan errr I mean gresco! Errr I mean fballfan called Sopkovich. During the interview process Sopkovich Made gresco look like an 8 year old boy trying
To get his mom to buy him a new toy.
I don’t know if gresco will get this job but for gresco sake I hope Sopkovich doesn’t apply for the Jefferson job as well, other wise gresco won’t get this job either!
Old 03-25-18, 09:32 AM
Varsity

therock02 is on a distinguished road
Jefferson has had a good coach...gotta imagine he is better than some junior high coach who runs a camp for k-8 kids. Not knocking this guy you are speaking of but it is very arrogant to assume he will bring some huge revelations to Jefferson. Jefferson is down on talent and plays a brutal schedule of Hubbard, Poland, Struthers, etc...
The problem with being an up and coming QB guru is if you take a job and fail then your stock falls. It also takes an awful lot more to run a program then to be a QB whisperer.
Jim Henson will leave some big shoes to fill at Jefferson with not a whole lot of talent and athleticism left on roster.
Old 03-25-18, 09:51 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock02 View Post
Jefferson has had a good coach...gotta imagine he is better than some junior high coach who runs a camp for k-8 kids. Not knocking this guy you are speaking of but it is very arrogant to assume he will bring some huge revelations to Jefferson. Jefferson is down on talent and plays a brutal schedule of Hubbard, Poland, Struthers, etc...

The problem with being an up and coming QB guru is if you take a job and fail then your stock falls. It also takes an awful lot more to run a program then to be a QB whisperer.

Jim Henson will leave some big shoes to fill at Jefferson with not a whole lot of talent and athleticism left on roster.

Gresko isnít a junior high coach, from what the West G people have told me heís the Quarterbacks Coach and offensive coordinator over at Kenston High School. And that he runs Motivational youth sports camps for not only youth kids but high school kids..
Old 03-25-18, 09:55 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
They have a pretty nice setup with nice turf, as usual they will have weather advantage playing so close to Erie

Very nice set up! And youíre 100% correct about the weather issue

Old 03-25-18, 10:02 AM
Varsity

therock02 is on a distinguished road
Football Ė ATHLETICS http://kenstonlocal.org/klimkowski/8th-grade-football/

I dont know anyone from west g or kenston but that's what it says on the kenston webpage. Listen I dont care one way or the other...the job is a dog because of the league they are in. They will not be very good.
My point is that they had an above average coach already and struggled so lets not pretend someone with no experience of being a head coach will make a world of difference. If they don't play Edgewood than there isn't a game on that schedule they will win in 2018.

Also on livethelion.com, Mr Gresko offers a QB coach for kids in grades k-8. I dont just throw stuff out there I heard from some person, I looked it up. Maybe he does more than one camp, but my info is correct.
Old 03-25-18, 11:24 AM
Varsity

I looked it up Jefferson does have a brutal schedule, but my point stands, out east the football is not the greatest. Lakeside, conneut, jefferson, Geneva, St. John, Edgewood all have been bottom feeders. Maybe a fresh young face that runs a innovative offense, a tempo driven offense like fballfan (errr I mean Gresco) . Can steer Jefferson back up again.
The coach that retired from Jefferson was a legend out there along with his father. But sometimes a program can use change. Light a fire under kids butts. Enthusiasm can help motivate. That’s my point. I hope fballfan gets the job. I think he will do well. At least it will be a fun offense to watch.
Old 03-25-18, 03:02 PM
All Region

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Fballfan10 you comedy bro!

Dee Lou Chanel thanks for pointing that out! I went back and looked at his post and he is definitely Gresko. In that other thread, he post about 5 times that Gresko is a finalist, then bashes the hire. He also seems to be up on Kenston, posting their offensive stats and all.

Now in this thread, he doesn't know him personally, but his friends take their sons to his youth camp and they tell him that Gresko's a stand up guy. They know that how? He's really good with little kids??

For someone that has stressed he doesn't know the guy personally, he sure is all in on him. I could buy that he might have some inside scoop on one school, but not two. So coming at us with "I've heard" Gresko is a finalist is a little sketchy.
Old 03-25-18, 03:57 PM
Moderated User

Dee Lou Chanel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post

Dee Lou Chanel thanks for pointing that out! I went back and looked at his post and he is definitely Gresko. In that other thread, he post about 5 times that Gresko is a finalist, then bashes the hire. He also seems to be up on Kenston, posting their offensive stats and all.

Now in this thread, he doesn't know him personally, but his friends take their sons to his youth camp and they tell him that Gresko's a stand up guy. They know that how? He's really good with little kids??

For someone that has stressed he doesn't know the guy personally, he sure is all in on him. I could buy that he might have some inside scoop on one school, but not two. So coming at us with "I've heard" Gresko is a finalist is a little sketchy.
Jefferson people will see this too...heís only hurting himself with these pathetic narratives. It shows immaturity, not what they need in a head coach, especially considering who just left that job. Or maybe heís not smart enough to see how transparent these posts are...kinda sad.
Old 03-25-18, 04:26 PM
All Ohio

fbrox is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Lex Luger;7018388]I looked it up Jefferson does have a brutal schedule, but my point stands, out east the football is not the greatest. Lakeside, conneut, jefferson, Geneva, St. John, Edgewood all have been bottom feeders. Maybe a fresh young face that runs a innovative offense, a tempo driven offense like fballfan (errr I mean Gresco) . Can steer Jefferson back up again.
The coach that retired from Jefferson was a legend out there along with his father. But sometimes a program can use change. Light a fire under kids butts. Enthusiasm can help motivate. That’s my point. I hope fballfan gets the job. I think he will do well. At least it will be a fun offense to

Tough to win in Ashtabula.
Old 03-25-18, 06:16 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock02 View Post
Football Ė ATHLETICS http://kenstonlocal.org/klimkowski/8th-grade-football/

I dont know anyone from west g or kenston but that's what it says on the kenston webpage. Listen I dont care one way or the other...the job is a dog because of the league they are in. They will not be very good.

My point is that they had an above average coach already and struggled so lets not pretend someone with no experience of being a head coach will make a world of difference. If they don't play Edgewood than there isn't a game on that schedule they will win in 2018.

Also on livethelion.com, Mr Gresko offers a QB coach for kids in grades k-8. I dont just throw stuff out there I heard from some person, I looked it up. Maybe he does more than one camp, but my info is correct.

You did see that the kenston article was from 2015 correct?

And your absolute correct itís a very tough schedule. But they have been successful before that passed two years. They have won games.

Old 03-25-18, 06:18 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luger View Post
I looked it up Jefferson does have a brutal schedule, but my point stands, out east the football is not the greatest. Lakeside, conneut, jefferson, Geneva, St. John, Edgewood all have been bottom feeders. Maybe a fresh young face that runs a innovative offense, a tempo driven offense like fballfan (errr I mean Gresco) . Can steer Jefferson back up again.
The coach that retired from Jefferson was a legend out there along with his father. But sometimes a program can use change. Light a fire under kids butts. Enthusiasm can help motivate. Thatís my point. I hope fballfan gets the job. I think he will do well. At least it will be a fun offense to watch.

I really hope you guys are messing me with me and donít actually think Iím Gresko talking
Old 03-25-18, 06:27 PM
All District

Quote:

Never once have I said Iíve known him. Iím a football fan that absolutely loves high school football. You guys are nuts haha Alls I said in the West G thread was pretty much why hire a guy that hasnít ever won? Iíd much rather hire a coach who has been a part of winning tradition like Kenston has been. I was at the Kenston West G game last year and kenston destroyed us... They were fast at running plays and had a tough defense.. Thatís why I liked Gresko to get the job. And yes I did bash Sopkovich a little because as a parent I was unhappy about it.

And based of Greskoís camps, my friends kids go to his camps and they are supposedly very motivational and have good speakers talk to the youth. Thatís all I really know about his camps.
Old 03-25-18, 06:48 PM
All Region

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballfan10 View Post
Never once have I said Iíve known him. Iím a football fan that absolutely loves high school football. You guys are nuts haha Alls I said in the West G thread was pretty much why hire a guy that hasnít ever won? Iíd much rather hire a coach who has been a part of winning tradition like Kenston has been. I was at the Kenston West G game last year and kenston destroyed us... They were fast at running plays and had a tough defense.. Thatís why I liked Gresko to get the job. And yes I did bash Sopkovich a little because as a parent I was unhappy about it.

And based of Greskoís camps, my friends kids go to his camps and they are supposedly very motivational and have good speakers talk to the youth. Thatís all I really know about his camps.
No one said you know him, we say you ARE HIM!

I can understand "if" you do in fact have a son at West G, wanting a certain coach, but you are now in another thread about another job opening hyping this same coach. You don't find that odd? And the only name you ever hear as a finalist is this coach?
Old 03-25-18, 07:07 PM
All District

Quote:
No one said you know him, we say you ARE HIM!

I can understand "if" you do in fact have a son at West G, wanting a certain coach, but you are now in another thread about another job opening hyping this same coach. You don't find that odd? And the only name you ever hear as a finalist is this coach?

Iím pretty sure I named two coaches were finalist for the Jefferson job. The only reason I know anything about Gresko is because I wanted him to coach at West G so kind of been following what he was going to do after he didnít get the West G job.