Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #331  
Old 04-10-18, 12:52 PM
thereckoning thereckoning is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-30-17
Posts: 133
thereckoning is on a distinguished road
Not particularly a guru of anything. Jumped in on a few topics on here as I have interests in area schools specifically, but love NW Ohio and Midwest Ohio athletics. Apparently you can easily piss off minster fans. No offense to them as I think minster has been phenomenal in recent years. Have had fun with the Marion Local fans and their run to state in basketball, among others. Anyway. take care.
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 04-10-18, 02:35 PM
big medicine big medicine is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 364
big medicine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
This guys sounds like quite a guru of things happening on Friday nights.


I wonder if he has any theories about local field conditions, or playoff site selections ? Or what am I forgetting ?
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 04-10-18, 07:15 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,323
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
The MAC should expand and add Lehman and Covington split into two divisions. Crossovers would help scheduling.
nope...pretty good the way it is
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 04-10-18, 07:23 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,323
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereckoning View Post
Ehh.....wanna tick a minster fan off? Remind them of the days when they were the joke of the MAC. The article I posted clearly states that Lehman and Loramie were talked about as serious considerations in 2010. It is common knowledge that Minster was whining about a 9 game league schedule. Its common knowledge that the MAC in general had options outside of some of the schools complaining....including Minster.

And I have given all due props to Minster for turning it around. But, its funny to see the defensive comments come back as soon as I posted something. Geez guys. You know Minster was in the dumps. One of the laughing stocks of the MAC in football (and most sports) if you will. They are great in many many sports now. Enjoy your rise from the ashes.
please show me when we were down in the DUMPS in MOST sports? and we had a couple bad years in football( in the last 20 years we have had 4 losing seasons), so the statement for the past two decades, that is just BS....heck even Marion local had a few down years...

and for you to TROLL that there was talk to add Fort Loramie and Lehman and drop Minster and New Bremen....that is laughable, but then most TROLLS statement are.....by the way what school are you a fan of?
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 04-11-18, 08:40 AM
MACNation MACNation is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-28-16
Posts: 11
MACNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
please show me when we were down in the DUMPS in MOST sports? and we had a couple bad years in football( in the last 20 years we have had 4 losing seasons), so the statement for the past two decades, that is just BS....heck even Marion local had a few down years...

and for you to TROLL that there was talk to add Fort Loramie and Lehman and drop Minster and New Bremen....that is laughable, but then most TROLLS statement are.....by the way what school are you a fan of?
Totally agree with you BigKat! Reckoning's lack of "common knowledge" or actual facts shows his ignorance to the MAC or Minster's success (current or past). 33 and counting.
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 04-11-18, 08:44 AM
MACNation MACNation is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-28-16
Posts: 11
MACNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereckoning View Post
Not particularly a guru of anything. Jumped in on a few topics on here as I have interests in area schools specifically, but love NW Ohio and Midwest Ohio athletics. Apparently you can easily piss off minster fans. No offense to them as I think minster has been phenomenal in recent years. Have had fun with the Marion Local fans and their run to state in basketball, among others. Anyway. take care.
Minster's been phenomenal more than recently. You just turn a blind eye to "common knowledge" or actual facts. The next time in Scudzy's take your SCL participation trophy and raise it proudly while singing "We are the champions!"
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 04-11-18, 08:45 AM
thereckoning thereckoning is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-30-17
Posts: 133
thereckoning is on a distinguished road
I personally don't get into the name calling or bite on the "online arguments". In fact, I shouldn't have called MACNation a kid. My apologies. I do enjoy a good discussion. I have looked over bigkat's posts and find that he is detrimental on many discussion boards because he attacks anyone that doesn't agree with him or his school. However, I find the name calling childish and uncalled for, but will respond. Teaming up to try to squash a poster on this board is really kind of sad, in my opinion. With all due respect:

First, I never said that there was talks to "drop" Minster and Bremen. I said that there was talks that Loramie and Lehman were comparable inclusions if Minster and Bremen (or anyone else) wanted to leave. Their gripes were well heard for having a 9 game conference schedule. If they left, and as the article I posted states, its common knowledge that these two schools were eligible and willing replacements and/or they could be willing inclusions if no one left. These talks were public and common knowledge throughout the late 90s and early 2000s. I didn't post school officials, AD names or any such thing as a backup. Public outcry. I piggybacked on thevoice's comments. I guess we are both liars?

Secondly, Minster went 52-80 through the mid to late 90s and most of the 2000s in football. Maybe one winning season? The boys basketball team had much of the same posting losing season after losing season in much of the 2000s. To clarify, the girls running teams were great over these two decades. The girls basketball team was really good for a few years. The boys teams....dumps.

Those are the two biggest boys sports in Ohio and Minster did not show well for the better part of those two decades.

In comes Coach Moore, whom I have great respect for. He turned around the program. Coach Stokes is doing PHENOMENAL for them now as well.

As for my school.....I have roots in the Rockford and Delphos communities. I had coached youth sports for years and into Jr. High sports. I started officiating in mid and northwest Ohio for a few decades, and do some part time scouting for various teams. I have to remain fairly impartial in my lines of hobby/work.

I have had the opportunity to work for/with or officiate for/with some of the greats. Arnzen, Etzler, Seggerson, Welch, Simpson, in basketball. Kyle, Mauk, Cooper, Moore in football (just to name a few in these sports).

I currently travel and enjoy games or scout in many communities. I have recently (past 10 years) taken a liking to soccer as well, as I see communities such as the PCL teams and surrounding areas (Ottoville, Ottowa Glandorf, Fort Jennings) having success on the hardwood with soccer players and no football program. Its an interesting dynamic following these young men.

I have nothing but respect for all area schools and have endured much worse than being called a "troll" as an official. May you have a good day and I hope these message boards are just an outlet to blow off steam, and don't get you that worked up, bigkat. Its no way to live. High School sports are some of the most rewarding things to watch and to see these young men become great citizens, I just hope that I have played a very minor role, being involved in their lives.

Good luck and good success to your teams, gentlemen. I guess outsiders aren't welcome on this board.
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 04-11-18, 12:11 PM
stripedwarrior stripedwarrior is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 132
stripedwarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereckoning View Post
First, I never said that there was talks to "drop" Minster and Bremen. I said that there was talks that Loramie and Lehman were comparable inclusions if Minster and Bremen (or anyone else) wanted to leave. Their gripes were well heard for having a 9 game conference schedule. If they left, and as the article I posted states, its common knowledge that these two schools were eligible and willing replacements and/or they could be willing inclusions if no one left. These talks were public and common knowledge throughout the late 90s and early 2000s. I didn't post school officials, AD names or any such thing as a backup. Public outcry. I piggybacked on thevoice's comments. I guess we are both liars?

Secondly, Minster went 52-80 through the mid to late 90s and most of the 2000s in football. Maybe one winning season? The boys basketball team had much of the same posting losing season after losing season in much of the 2000s. To clarify, the girls running teams were great over these two decades. The girls basketball team was really good for a few years. The boys teams....dumps.
The manner in which you expressed your thoughts was easily construed as you knowing for a fact, that Minster and New Bremen were threatening to leave if the schedules were not changed. That is just not true.
The article that you provided as your proof about Lehman and Loramie, was just a guest writer's opinion. So not much more than an OpEd piece. As someone else noted. LCC, and Lehman both were brought up for discussion when Versailles was added. However, LCC was never under serious consideration, and Lehman was nothing more than a potential fallback if Versailles backed out. Loramie, has never been considered for expansion, and likely never will be. I have been told by more than 1 AD that they will never approve another school to join for just 1 sport.

Minster's football record that you point to is not as you would make it seem.
Were they 52-80 over the 13 seasons that comprised the regimes of Hay, Parks, and Belcher? Yes, that is a fact. But again, you make it sound like Minster was a dumpster fire for that entire period, when in fact there were really only 4 bad seasons(2 under Belcher, 1 ea for Hay and Parks). Those four add up to a 6-34 record. The other 9 seasons in your time frame account for a .500 record (46-46), with 2 playoff appearances. Was Minster contending for MAC titles, or state titles? No, but they were far from the image that you suggested.
I can remember, though I do not have any season records to go off of, several years in that time frame when the boys basketball team was rather good as well. It seemed that many years they made it out of sectionals, and played in the district round. Like with football, I'm certain that there were some lean years, but it would surprise me if the team record during that time frame wasn't to far away from .500.
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 04-11-18, 01:32 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,323
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedwarrior View Post
The manner in which you expressed your thoughts was easily construed as you knowing for a fact, that Minster and New Bremen were threatening to leave if the schedules were not changed. That is just not true.
The article that you provided as your proof about Lehman and Loramie, was just a guest writer's opinion. So not much more than an OpEd piece. As someone else noted. LCC, and Lehman both were brought up for discussion when Versailles was added. However, LCC was never under serious consideration, and Lehman was nothing more than a potential fallback if Versailles backed out. Loramie, has never been considered for expansion, and likely never will be. I have been told by more than 1 AD that they will never approve another school to join for just 1 sport.

Minster's football record that you point to is not as you would make it seem.
Were they 52-80 over the 13 seasons that comprised the regimes of Hay, Parks, and Belcher? Yes, that is a fact. But again, you make it sound like Minster was a dumpster fire for that entire period, when in fact there were really only 4 bad seasons(2 under Belcher, 1 ea for Hay and Parks). Those four add up to a 6-34 record. The other 9 seasons in your time frame account for a .500 record (46-46), with 2 playoff appearances. Was Minster contending for MAC titles, or state titles? No, but they were far from the image that you suggested.
I can remember, though I do not have any season records to go off of, several years in that time frame when the boys basketball team was rather good as well. It seemed that many years they made it out of sectionals, and played in the district round. Like with football, I'm certain that there were some lean years, but it would surprise me if the team record during that time frame wasn't to far away from .500.
reckoning....I am kinda tired of your posts, so I will go with what striped warrior just posted, 4 losing seasons over 20 years is not that bad in the MAC, no matter what you say. Minster NEVER considered dropping from the MAC, so you are wrong there, I know the administrators and board members at Minster and also the commissioners of the MAC over that time period and that SUbJECT NEVER came up. If you don't think you were TROLLING, well that's your opinion....to each his own, but there were several people on here not associated with Minster, who thought the same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 04-12-18, 09:48 AM
thereckoning thereckoning is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-30-17
Posts: 133
thereckoning is on a distinguished road
Striped, with all due respect, I think you read into what your fellow minster fans said and thought the "manner I expressed myself" was something other than what I wrote. I believe I used the terms Rumor, Rumor Mill, and spoke of not quoting ADs or administrators, but rather people, fans, etc.. I didn't express in any manner anything but the truth.

As far as the article goes....an op ed piece? Written by Dean Eversole, the author of Tigerball and a long time assistant to a legend in Hetrick? No. Obviously this MAC INSIDER knew much more than anyone on this board. And believe me. I've known Coach Moore for years. He knew exactly the situation he walked into....a restless fan base. One that had seen the "dumpster fire" of 13 years and two playoff appearances and one winning season.

Bigkat. Nothing but respect for Coach Moore and Coach Stokes. I would never "troll" Minster. If I wanted to do that, I would ask why it has been 30 years since their last MAC football championship, 43 years since their last MAC basketball championship, and why grown men on a football message board tout 33 state champions, when only 7 of them have come from the men (with the majority being baseball).

BUT, I wouldn't do that because I know the hard work and effort these coaches, young men, and young women put into making these championships possible. I will take nothing away from them. Again, it is about the kids. What a wonderful run they have had at Minster.

FYI, bigkat, you are the reason many of us old timers got out of officiating. We would point guys like you out in the crowd before games. No skin off my back. You win. You are right. Whatever. Think about that next time you are in the crowd yelling at a young official that is struggling because all of us old timers are gone.

I came on this board for good MAC discussion/banter. What a wonderful conference full of rich talent. Not for trash talk and petty arguments.
Reply With Quote
  #341  
Old 04-13-18, 05:36 AM
MACNation MACNation is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-28-16
Posts: 11
MACNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereckoning View Post
Striped, with all due respect, I think you read into what your fellow minster fans said and thought the "manner I expressed myself" was something other than what I wrote. I believe I used the terms Rumor, Rumor Mill, and spoke of not quoting ADs or administrators, but rather people, fans, etc.. I didn't express in any manner anything but the truth.

As far as the article goes....an op ed piece? Written by Dean Eversole, the author of Tigerball and a long time assistant to a legend in Hetrick? No. Obviously this MAC INSIDER knew much more than anyone on this board. And believe me. I've known Coach Moore for years. He knew exactly the situation he walked into....a restless fan base. One that had seen the "dumpster fire" of 13 years and two playoff appearances and one winning season.

Bigkat. Nothing but respect for Coach Moore and Coach Stokes. I would never "troll" Minster. If I wanted to do that, I would ask why it has been 30 years since their last MAC football championship, 43 years since their last MAC basketball championship, and why grown men on a football message board tout 33 state champions, when only 7 of them have come from the men (with the majority being baseball).

BUT, I wouldn't do that because I know the hard work and effort these coaches, young men, and young women put into making these championships possible. I will take nothing away from them. Again, it is about the kids. What a wonderful run they have had at Minster.

FYI, bigkat, you are the reason many of us old timers got out of officiating. We would point guys like you out in the crowd before games. No skin off my back. You win. You are right. Whatever. Think about that next time you are in the crowd yelling at a young official that is struggling because all of us old timers are gone.

I came on this board for good MAC discussion/banter. What a wonderful conference full of rich talent. Not for trash talk and petty arguments.
The only pettiness has came from what you initiated. Your "common knowledge" from an article not based on true facts has no merit. Look back to what Ranger Fan stated earlier. He definitely knows the true happenings within the MAC. Again, look over past history. Know and back up your facts before making comments that simply are not true.
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 04-13-18, 07:47 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,323
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereckoning View Post
My sentiments exactly. Many fans, parents, teams from other schools, etc. spoke of them leaving and didn't care either way.

No AD or school resource knowledge. People talked.

Glad they stayed but would be neat to see where they would be, sports-wise, if they had left.
it was never a thought....so maybe in your mind , why don't you tell us your thoughts
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 04-13-18, 08:27 AM
thereckoning thereckoning is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-30-17
Posts: 133
thereckoning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACNation View Post
The only pettiness has came from what you initiated. Your "common knowledge" from an article not based on true facts has no merit. Look back to what Ranger Fan stated earlier. He definitely knows the true happenings within the MAC. Again, look over past history. Know and back up your facts before making comments that simply are not true.
Maybe you don't know who Dean Eversole or Al Hetrick are? 334 wins. 18 conference championships. Six state titles. Dean was the author of Tigerball and the author of the article I posted. It can't get anymore common knowledge than that. While he didn't point to Minster directly (good for him to stay above that as a coach in the conference), he knew what was going on.

Therefore, quoting the legendary coaches and their thoughts are not petty. Those are what I would call concrete facts or common knowledge. And these men are some of the best to grace our local fields.

Regardless, big fan of your coaches. Big fan of the Mac. And by the way, big fan of Otten and Goodwin as well. If you have ever sat in on coaching conferences with these guys, you can learn a lot just listening to them. You gentlemen have a great weekend. I look forward to hearing from you on your conference and what the kids are accomplishing. Baseball and Football. I believe the MAC is well prepped for more titles in the coming months/year. Your communities are doing a fantastic job in raising these kids the right way and it is a pleasure seeing their success on the highest levels.
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 04-13-18, 09:09 AM
serpico serpico is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,619
serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereckoning View Post
Written by Dean Eversole, the author of Tigerball and a long time assistant to a legend in Hetrick? No. Obviously this MAC INSIDER knew much more than anyone on this board.
Can you please share why you think Mr. Eversole was an assistant to Mr. Hetrick? I mean, you know so many coaches and are clearly more informed than the rest of us. I'm sure it's 'common knowledge', but if just like to see some proof.
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 04-13-18, 09:46 AM
thereckoning thereckoning is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-30-17
Posts: 133
thereckoning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Can you please share why you think Mr. Eversole was an assistant to Mr. Hetrick? I mean, you know so many coaches and are clearly more informed than the rest of us. I'm sure it's 'common knowledge', but if just like to see some proof.
Can you share where he is not? He is a Columbus Grove guy that got his start there and moved onto coaching and then covering all things Versailles. Wrote a 300 page book on their dynasty/history. I believe he referred to it in his book. I'll look up the excerpt sometime.

He covered more MAC sports and probably seen more MAC games than anyone on this board combined. Not taking your bait serpico to get into another argument.

As far as the coaches I know, it comes from a long time in high school sports. I don't personally know Dean Eversole. I don't keep track of all assistants. I do know Coach Hetrick. Great Coach. Keep me informed on your team. My days of being around the floor and field are over. A spectator of sorts now. I look forward to hearing about ML or whomever you root for in the coming months. Thanks.

Last edited by thereckoning; 04-13-18 at 10:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 04-13-18, 04:36 PM
serpico serpico is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,619
serpico will become famous soon enough
So you say that he was a 'longtime' assistant but I need to prove that he wasn't? Nah, it was your assertion - just own it.

As for ML, Goodwin is reportedly checking out potential alternative sites for first round playoff games (assuming the Flyers make the playoffs) in order to maximize any advantages he can further down the line. Some pinhead was complaining about that practice on Yappi last year and got put on moderated status - in fact that was shortly before you joined this board, as coincidence would have it - but it worked for ML so he'll likely try it again this year.
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 04-14-18, 04:57 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,323
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
So you say that he was a 'longtime' assistant but I need to prove that he wasn't? Nah, it was your assertion - just own it.

As for ML, Goodwin is reportedly checking out potential alternative sites for first round playoff games (assuming the Flyers make the playoffs) in order to maximize any advantages he can further down the line. Some pinhead was complaining about that practice on Yappi last year and got put on moderated status - in fact that was shortly before you joined this board, as coincidence would have it - but it worked for ML so he'll likely try it again this year.
are THE Steiners all set on their football schedule?
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 04-14-18, 09:36 PM
Rangerfan Rangerfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-07-02
Location: New Knoxville
Posts: 467
Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
are THE Steiners all set on their football schedule?
From what I hear, yes. Woodlan (IN) in week one and Patrick Henry is still on the schedule for week two.
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 04-23-18, 09:11 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,883
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Was Rob Rutledge ever formally introduced or confirmed to be Parkway's coach? Havent heard anything in awhile

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 04-23-18 at 11:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 04-24-18, 06:06 AM
OCLWarrior OCLWarrior is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-15-18
Posts: 71
OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
No News

I thought there would be some thing in last week's school board meeting, but the only thing of note was Shane Wellman's resignation of teaching effective at the end of this week. Hell, he can't even finish out the school year, only three more weeks!!
Reply With Quote
  #351  
Old 04-24-18, 08:11 AM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,883
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCLWarrior View Post
I thought there would be some thing in last week's school board meeting, but the only thing of note was Shane Wellman's resignation of teaching effective at the end of this week. Hell, he can't even finish out the school year, only three more weeks!!
That's pretty pathetic
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old 04-24-18, 09:18 AM
quake591 quake591 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-15
Posts: 20
quake591 is on a distinguished road
Know the info before you run your mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
That's pretty pathetic
What is pathetic is guys that get on here and run there mouth about things that they don't have the facts about. Coach Wellman Resigned his coaching position in Feb when he found out his wife got a job in Toledo as a Nurse practitioner. He resigned his teaching position when he got hired by another district that wanted him to start earlier. By the way when their was no head coach, Wellman ran the weight room for kids after school. Know your facts before running your mouth StateChampion2012 !
Reply With Quote
  #353  
Old 04-24-18, 11:02 AM
OCLWarrior OCLWarrior is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-15-18
Posts: 71
OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by quake591 View Post
What is pathetic is guys that get on here and run there mouth about things that they don't have the facts about. Coach Wellman Resigned his coaching position in Feb when he found out his wife got a job in Toledo as a Nurse practitioner. He resigned his teaching position when he got hired by another district that wanted him to start earlier. By the way when their was no head coach, Wellman ran the weight room for kids after school. Know your facts before running your mouth StateChampion2012 !
It would have been better if Wellman did a clean break in February resigned altogether, rather than stick around until almost the end of the school year until another offer came around.
The football team is not the only sport that uses the weight room. All sports, boys and girls use it year round. I think Parkway could have found some one to supervise the weight room from February, they'll have to have have someone do it after this weekend.
He has a history of leaving abruptly, just ask Vinton County Schools for one.
Reply With Quote
  #354  
Old 04-24-18, 01:46 PM
quake591 quake591 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-15
Posts: 20
quake591 is on a distinguished road
Yes could have done that but kids asked him to stay. OCLWArrior sounds like you have a personal problem becuase the coach didn't throw the ball to your boy enough. The Vinton County situation was once agian something you don't know about about. Don't slander someone until you know the facts.
Reply With Quote
  #355  
Old 04-24-18, 03:12 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,883
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by quake591 View Post
What is pathetic is guys that get on here and run there mouth about things that they don't have the facts about. Coach Wellman Resigned his coaching position in Feb when he found out his wife got a job in Toledo as a Nurse practitioner. He resigned his teaching position when he got hired by another district that wanted him to start earlier. By the way when their was no head coach, Wellman ran the weight room for kids after school. Know your facts before running your mouth StateChampion2012 !
My bad. Now since you seem to know the situation, who have they interviewed? Is OCL's rumor right and Rob Rutledge is the next coach or are they still in the interview process? Also, what school district hired Shane Wellman?
Reply With Quote
  #356  
Old 04-24-18, 03:17 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,883
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCLWarrior View Post
It would have been better if Wellman did a clean break in February resigned altogether, rather than stick around until almost the end of the school year until another offer came around.
The football team is not the only sport that uses the weight room. All sports, boys and girls use it year round. I think Parkway could have found some one to supervise the weight room from February, they'll have to have have someone do it after this weekend.
He has a history of leaving abruptly, just ask Vinton County Schools for one.
I do agree that resigning both at the same time would've been better.
Reply With Quote
  #357  
Old 04-24-18, 05:35 PM
OCLWarrior OCLWarrior is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-15-18
Posts: 71
OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by quake591 View Post
Yes could have done that but kids asked him to stay. OCLWArrior sounds like you have a personal problem becuase the coach didn't throw the ball to your boy enough. The Vinton County situation was once agian something you don't know about about. Don't slander someone until you know the facts.
As you can see from my moniker, I did not attend Parkway nor do I have any kids playing football there either. The kids asked him to stay for two months but he could not stick it out for three more weeks? What school district hires someone for next year requiring them to work the last month of the previous year? Stating the facts is not slander just because you don't like to read about it. I don't know what story you were told, but I got my info on Well man by googling his name and reading newspaper stories of his career. I guess you are right and all the papers printed lies. You sound like you are the one with a personal problem.
Reply With Quote
  #358  
Old 04-24-18, 11:08 PM
serpico serpico is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,619
serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
I do agree that resigning both at the same time would've been better.
You want him to resign a teaching position - his main source of income - simply because he decided he wasn’t going to coach football next year?
Reply With Quote
  #359  
Old 04-24-18, 11:28 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,883
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Read a few posts ago. Quake said he resigned his coaching position because his wife took a new job in Toledo. Knowing this, I would resign both and start looking for teaching jobs near Toledo instead of waiting until 3 weeks or so before the school year ends. I would've preferred he finish out the school year but if that wasn't an option then it isn't an option. Why am I getting picked on OCL said this first.
Reply With Quote
  #360  
Old 04-25-18, 07:00 AM
quake591 quake591 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-15
Posts: 20
quake591 is on a distinguished road
Do people resign their jobs when looking for another job in the business world? That would be a scary proposition. Resigning is not easy on anyone especially the kids. Things have to be done in order for people to move on with their lives. This was dealt with in a professional matter. Those that do not understand the facts on this situation should clearly keep their opinions to themselves.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC) cchs1983 Football 268 11-12-18 06:42 PM
2018 Best of the Midwest (Formerly Philo) - Saturday JANUARY 6, 2018 ptrsn Wrestling 103 01-07-18 09:39 PM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
Midwest Athletic Conference 2017 StateChampion2012 Football 1450 12-09-17 02:06 PM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz