Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-09-18, 01:16 PM
All Ohio

Crabs is on a distinguished road
6th Grade Scrimmage Jamboree

Coaches and Team Administrators,
Perkins Youth Football Program will be hosting a 6 team scrimmage Jamboree. Perkins has a 3.7 million dollar stadium with a turf field in Sandusky, OH. Saturday August 25, 2018. Round 1 - 2:00 pm

I have included an attachment with the details. But the basics are:
2 scrimmages with 30 plays
Team A Offense - 15 plays vs Team B Defense (1st team vs 1st team)
Team B Offense - 15 plays vs Team A Defense (1st team vs 1st team)
Team A Offense - 15 plays vs Team B Defense (2nd/3rd team vs 2nd/3rd team)
Team B Offense - 15 plays vs Team A Defense (2nd/3rd team vs 2nd/3rd team)

3rd Scrimmage is a 12 minute Quarter (1 timeout each team)

$150 entry fee to cover OHSAA Certified Referee's.

WE WILL TAKE THE FIRST 5 TEAMS THAT RESPOND.

We may add a couple 4th/5th or all 5th grade teams if interested to play starting at 5:00 pm. Contact me if they are interested too.

Travis Crabtree
419-656-2666
tcrabtree@perkinsschools.org
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2018 Jambree 6th grade.pdf (189.6 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by Crabs; 04-10-18 at 02:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-18, 01:51 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
6th grade football scrimmage jamboree my ***.

No offense, sorry. Good luck.
Old 04-09-18, 08:13 PM
All Ohio

fbrox is on a distinguished road
6th grade tackle football is a really bad idea. Kids at that age lack the coordination to wear the equipment and maintain coordination. As a result technique in tackling is very poor. Dont believe me, check the data that is readily available. As far as I'm concerned, it should be flag football until 9th grade.
Old 04-10-18, 12:45 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
According to your post these kids graduated in 2014.
Old 04-10-18, 01:05 PM
All District

LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
6th grade tackle football is a really bad idea. Kids at that age lack the coordination to wear the equipment and maintain coordination. As a result technique in tackling is very poor. Dont believe me, check the data that is readily available. As far as I'm concerned, it should be flag football until 9th grade.
Can't agree with you, after watching 5th and 6th graders for the last 4 years they are perfectly fine with wearing the equipment. Now if you said wait until 5the grade I would agree. Can you imagine 7th thru 8th graders playing flag football. There would be more injuries doing that than tackling football.

In my opinion the problem with football is the rules of not being able to practice tackling everyday. Now I wouldn't go back to the 90's and before but the rules are causing more injuries, espically in pee wee football. We had 5th and 6th graders the last two year going into scrimmages that have barely practiced tackling. Again because of the rule that took effect two years ago.
Old 04-10-18, 01:53 PM
All District

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
Middle school kids playing "flag football" with no pads? Are you kidding me? It would be a rugby scrum every play and even more kids would get hurt. At middle school levels and below, nobody runs hard enough or hits hard enough to warrant severe danger. It's people like you that are the reason the NFL won't exist in 25 years.
Old 04-10-18, 02:21 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan23 View Post
Middle school kids playing "flag football" with no pads? Are you kidding me? It would be a rugby scrum every play and even more kids would get hurt. At middle school levels and below, nobody runs hard enough or hits hard enough to warrant severe danger. It's people like you that are the reason the NFL won't exist in 25 years.
I've seen Utah grade flag......no such plays as you describe.

I always laugh at thos who push pre JH football. Ourcounties 23 state titles by teams who start football in 7th grade trumps the 0 by those schools who start at the youth level.
Old 04-10-18, 03:03 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
seriously?
Old 04-11-18, 12:46 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I've seen Utah grade flag......no such plays as you describe.

I always laugh at thos who push pre JH football. Ourcounties 23 state titles by teams who start football in 7th grade trumps the 0 by those schools who start at the youth level.
I understand what your saying but have your son grow up around a big town where mostly everyone who is going to play Jr high football plays pee wee football. He better be one hell of a stud to come out for 7th grade football and everyone else has been playing for 4, 5 or 6 years. I've seen it happen and the kids are shell shocked when the hitting starts. I didn't let my son start until 3rd grade and he still had a couple of weeks to get use to the hitting. Who are the teams that start pee wee first in god's country? Also who are the teams in your division that have pee wee football that you have beat going for those state titles? I know kirtland has pee wee football so that's working for them right? I
Old 04-11-18, 07:12 PM
All Ohio

Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
The whole midget/pee wee football thing has been discussed to death. There is no correlation with varsity success or failure, varsity coaches are the reason varsity teams win or lose. And the quality of athletes at the school probably have a bigger hand in the success, too.
St. Marys Memorial has had midget football for many years. Their varsity success ebbed and flowed with the change of head coaches. Skip Baughman had great success despite having midget football.
Delphos has had midget football for many years. DSJ's success only came after we hired a good varsity coach. We had midget football during our 57 game winning streak and during the time we won six state titles.
There are undoubtedly numerous towns across Ohio with no midget football and no varsity success.
It's not as big an issue as many try to make it out to be.
Old 04-11-18, 09:17 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
I understand what your saying but have your son grow up around a big town where mostly everyone who is going to play Jr high football plays pee wee football. He better be one hell of a stud to come out for 7th grade football and everyone else has been playing for 4, 5 or 6 years. I've seen it happen and the kids are shell shocked when the hitting starts. I didn't let my son start until 3rd grade and he still had a couple of weeks to get use to the hitting. Who are the teams that start pee wee first in god's country? Also who are the teams in your division that have pee wee football that you have beat going for those state titles? I know kirtland has pee wee football so that's working for them right? I
The only teams in the MAC that I can think of with youth football are Delphos St. Johns and Parkway.
Old 04-12-18, 06:23 AM
All District

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Pee Wee football is the same as any other sport in younger grades (little league, etc): it's about getting kids to learn the rules of the game, getting them used to the equipment, starting to develop those sport specific skills and learning teamwork with other kids of the same age, not about winning state titles 8 years later. Does it help grow a high school program long term? Sure why not. But that's not the reason that dad is signing little Johnny up for football or little league in the 5th grade.
Old 04-12-18, 07:13 AM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
The Voice was referring to Mercer county as you correctly called god's country, where 4 schools who do not have pee-wee football have won 23 state titles compared to 0 by the two school districts that do have pee-wee football. Can a school district win state with pee-wee football certainly, but IMO it is totally unnecessary.
Old 04-12-18, 09:15 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
The Voice was referring to Mercer county as you correctly called god's country, where 4 schools who do not have pee-wee football have won 23 state titles compared to 0 by the two school districts that do have pee-wee football. Can a school district win state with pee-wee football certainly, but IMO it is totally unnecessary.
I certainly don't think it has helped either Parkway or Celina. Heck 2 years ago Celina had 35 on their football team which was the lowest in the entire county. Their successful soccer team also doesn't help.
Old 04-12-18, 09:41 PM
All Ohio

Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
I certainly don't think it has helped either Parkway or Celina. Heck 2 years ago Celina had 35 on their football team which was the lowest in the entire county. Their successful soccer team also doesn't help.
From 1988-1994 Coldwater football was not good. One winning season and never more than .500 in the MAC. No midget football. In 1995 they got very good and still are. No midget football. What changed in 1995? John Reed was hired? Lack of midget football had no effect, positive or negative, on Coldwater football. But a good head coach had a total effect.

From 1990-1998 Marion Local football was average at best. No midget football. In 1999 they started to become a power with numerous state titles. That was the year Tim Goodwin was hired. No midget football. Again, lack of midget football had zero effect on Marion Local football. A good head coach had all the effect.

Midget football has no effect on varsity success or failure. A good varsity coach does.
Old 04-13-18, 12:48 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan View Post
From 1988-1994 Coldwater football was not good. One winning season and never more than .500 in the MAC. No midget football. In 1995 they got very good and still are. No midget football. What changed in 1995? John Reed was hired? Lack of midget football had no effect, positive or negative, on Coldwater football. But a good head coach had a total effect.

From 1990-1998 Marion Local football was average at best. No midget football. In 1999 they started to become a power with numerous state titles. That was the year Tim Goodwin was hired. No midget football. Again, lack of midget football had zero effect on Marion Local football. A good head coach had all the effect.

Midget football has no effect on varsity success or failure. A good varsity coach does.
You're 100% correct. Good example is my high school Sidney and my kids high school Little Miami. LM has k-6 pee wee and Sidney has 5 and 6, nothing has helped them. Now LM might be headed in the right direction with this coach, well see when we start playing a better schedule. I do think Sidney 5th and 6th had helped Anna and Ft. Loramie more than it has helped Sidney.