Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-08-18, 12:42 PM
All District

TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeCoach View Post
Any word on the situation at Aiken? Still havent heard anything about a new head coach.
Harry McCall (Duka) was named head coach. Has relationship w/ little falcon program so that may be helpful. Interested to see how he rounds out his staff.
Old 04-11-18, 10:09 AM
All Region

JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
Who are the top 3 returning players in the conference?

I'd say say Kievaughn Sanks from Aiken, De'Zion Coleman from Hughes and, Chris'Seon Stringer from Taft.
Old 04-11-18, 10:10 PM
All American

cphslFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Who are the top 3 returning players in the conference?

I'd say say Kievaughn Sanks from Aiken, De'Zion Coleman from Hughes and, Chris'Seon Stringer from Taft.
What about Britten from Western Hills
Old 04-12-18, 12:27 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphslFan View Post
What about Britten from Western Hills
Good call. Heís a very good player. Also Tafts QB.
Old 07-22-18, 04:04 PM
All Region

Early Week One Predictions:

Woodward @ Withrow
Thurgood Marshall @ Taft
Shroder @ St.Bernard
West Hi @ Middlewtown
Hughes @ Deer Park
Aiken @ North College Hill
National Trail @ Riverview East
Gamble @ New Miami
Old 07-23-18, 11:09 AM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
How are the numbers looking for each school?
Old 07-24-18, 11:08 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by natihsfan View Post
How are the numbers looking for each school?
I would say in the teens for the smaller schools and 30s for the bigger ones. I'm assuming Taft has the biggest roster.
Old 08-20-18, 12:49 PM
All Region

Anyone check out any of the scrimmages?
Old 08-26-18, 07:42 AM
All District

after first week, Woodward, Aiken, and Taft look to be the leaders of the league. Woodward looks drastically different and should compete for the league crown, they beat the brakes off Withrow. Aiken looked good but NCH is so bad not sure if thats a fair gauge, their next two games should tell the story of how Aiken's season will unfold. Taft is still Taft, people count them out but they manage to reload and get it done. Not sure of the score of the gamble game, I know they had some weather issues. Shroder took a big L to st. bernard, and that hughes loss to deer park was surprising. West Hi has the roughest go, since they are D1, but only have teams the size of say Aiken, that has to be a tough job. How much longer do you all think they allow Withrow to stay in ECC?
Old 08-26-18, 03:03 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
after first week, Woodward, Aiken, and Taft look to be the leaders of the league. Woodward looks drastically different and should compete for the league crown, they beat the brakes off Withrow. Aiken looked good but NCH is so bad not sure if thats a fair gauge, their next two games should tell the story of how Aiken's season will unfold. Taft is still Taft, people count them out but they manage to reload and get it done. Not sure of the score of the gamble game, I know they had some weather issues. Shroder took a big L to st. bernard, and that hughes loss to deer park was surprising. West Hi has the roughest go, since they are D1, but only have teams the size of say Aiken, that has to be a tough job. How much longer do you all think they allow Withrow to stay in ECC?
The woodward win was impressive, they are headed in the right direction. I think its time for withrow to come back to the CMAC. The Aiken blowout was no surprise, much more talent than NCH. The taft blowout was impressive, Thurgood Marshall is usually solid.....As of today it looks like it will come down to Taft vs Aiken for the league Title. Wouldn't be surprised if West Hi made some noise this year as well.

Week 2 There are some very good games.

Taft vs Wyoming
Aiken vs Walnut Hills
Roger Bacon vs West Hi (Two of the areas best RBs)
Old 08-26-18, 03:49 PM
All Region

tiger56dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Maybe horrible is the wrong word overall for CPS FOOTBALL. Although I have seen some terrible games at Woodsard, Hughes Riverview East etc. I just think it's not very good football. I'm rooting for them though. It's a hard battle.

As the father of a former CPS coach who has spent countless hours on the Stargel sidelines at CPS games, what I see is good football considering the constraints of non-neighborhood schools, bus rides to practice making 2-a-days nearly impossible, no middle school football and countless other difficulties that WW or other burb coaches never deal with. Iíve seen many great athletes go into the college level from CPS. Being a part of the Shroder playoff season was almost as thrilling as winning state at Loveland. It looks different from burb football but itís a great thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-18, 03:26 AM
All American

Quote:
The woodward win was impressive, they are headed in the right direction. I think its time for withrow to come back to the CMAC. The Aiken blowout was no surprise, much more talent than NCH. The taft blowout was impressive, Thurgood Marshall is usually solid.....As of today it looks like it will come down to Taft vs Aiken for the league Title. Wouldn't be surprised if West Hi made some noise this year as well.

Week 2 There are some very good games.

Taft vs Wyoming
Aiken vs Walnut Hills
Roger Bacon vs West Hi (Two of the areas best RBs)
Biggest disappointment Shroder getting shut out by St. Bernard. If it wasn't for Withrow track they'll be back in the CMAC. Too early to tell on the league champ, but i'll add Woodward to the mix.
Old 08-28-18, 06:52 AM
All Region

Quote:
Biggest disappointment Shroder getting shut out by St. Bernard. If it wasn't for Withrow track they'll be back in the CMAC. Too early to tell on the league champ, but i'll add Woodward to the mix.
The Shroder game was very surprising for sure. It will be interesting to see what teams in the league win games this week. There is a good chance everyone that is 1-0 will lose this week. It'd be awesome if Taft upset Wyoming though!
Old 08-28-18, 09:32 AM
All American

Quote:
The Shroder game was very surprising for sure. It will be interesting to see what teams in the league win games this week. There is a good chance everyone that is 1-0 will lose this week. It'd be awesome if Taft upset Wyoming though!
Huge playoff implications between Taft/Wyoming in week 2. Going to be a great game. Must win game for Gamble
Old 08-28-18, 09:38 AM
All District

Quote:
Not gonna happen Wyoming brings back their RB that is tough as nails, and The QB that played lights out is back with another year under his belt. I don't think this one will even be close. I would love Taft to Win this week, and Aiken to win against IH next week so CMAC will own the CHL for the year...but those are tall mountains to climb.
Old 08-28-18, 09:39 AM
All Region

tiger56dad is on a distinguished road
Withrow needs to go

Quote:
Girls volleyball 0-14
Boys soccer 0-7
Girls soccer 0-7
Boys CC no times listed in top 258 runners, Girls CC same
Boys golf 0-6
Girls golf did not compete
Girls tennis did not compete
Boys BB 11-3
Girls BB 0-14
Wrestling 7 th of 8 in conference meet
Boys and girls swimming - did not compete
Boys and girls bowling - did not compete
Academic team 1-12
Baseball 0-14
Softball 0-14
Boys track #1
Girls track #7
Boys tennis - did not compete
Boys and girls LAX - no teams

Jeez
Old 08-28-18, 09:46 AM
All Ohio

playboi12 is on a distinguished road
Wait a minute! They have golf!!?! Heck that is an accomplishment on itís own. However going back to the CMAC may not be the ultimate answer for the Tigers. Short term, they need to run the football coach out on a rail.

Last edited by playboi12; 08-28-18 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-28-18, 10:43 AM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by playboi12 View Post
Wait a minute! They have golf!!?! Heck that is an accomplishment on itís own. However going back to the CMAC may not be the ultimate answer for the Tigers. Short term, they need to run Nate Davis out on a rail!
Golf?? News to me. Cross Country?? Again they don't have teams.

Who is Nate Davis??
Old 08-28-18, 11:32 AM
All Ohio

playboi12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Golf?? News to me. Cross Country?? Again they don't have teams.

Who is Nate Davis??
I meant withrowís football coach. Iím at work and Davis is a co worker I was trying to cc on an email! Hahah needless to say Iím out of it for a Tuesday. I will make the edit.
Old 09-04-18, 11:57 AM
All Region

This week should tell us a lot about teams. Taft vs Mcnick, Woodward vs Madeira, and Aiken vs Indian Hill.
Old 09-04-18, 01:51 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger56dad View Post
As the father of a former CPS coach who has spent countless hours on the Stargel sidelines at CPS games, what I see is good football considering the constraints of non-neighborhood schools, bus rides to practice making 2-a-days nearly impossible, no middle school football and countless other difficulties that WW or other burb coaches never deal with. Iíve seen many great athletes go into the college level from CPS. Being a part of the Shroder playoff season was almost as thrilling as winning state at Loveland. It looks different from burb football but itís a great thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My brother coached in cps many years before he went out to the burbs. We know how bad it is. My hats go off to the men that coach in the city. Some just get burned out. My brother was one of the ones who gor burned out.
Old 09-05-18, 01:08 PM
All District

Quote:
This week should tell us a lot about teams. Taft vs Mcnick, Woodward vs Madeira, and Aiken vs Indian Hill.
Taft should take this one, they played Wyoming tough, and honestly if they had a kicker they probably would have won. Woodward vs. Madeira...Where do they play? I think that could have an impact on the game. When Aiken played at Madeira they couldn't get a call, but when they played at taft the game was actually called straight down the middle and Aiken prevailed. Aiken vs. IH, If they don't stop number 1 and 20 for IH and get Sanks involved more its going to be a long night.
Old 09-08-18, 07:58 PM
All District

Taft and Aiken with big wins. Woodward played Madeira tough but couldn't put it away. Solid showing this week.
Old 09-09-18, 12:28 AM
All American

League play starts this week My top 3 Taft,Aiken and Woodward Sleeper: Gamble
Old 09-11-18, 07:31 AM
All Region

Quote:
Taft and Aiken with big wins. Woodward played Madeira tough but couldn't put it away. Solid showing this week.
Congrats to Taft and Aiken. Two huge wins for sure. Taftís blowout win came a week after a very close game vs Wyoming. No one in D4 wants to see them in the playoffs first round. Woodward could possibly be the 3rd best team in the cmac.
Old 09-11-18, 07:34 AM
All Region

Quote:
League play starts this week My top 3 Taft,Aiken and Woodward Sleeper: Gamble
I agree with your top 3.

Iíll say:
1.Taft
2.Aiken

3.Woodward
4.West Hi
5. Hughes

6.Gamble
7.Shroder
8.Riverview East
Old 09-16-18, 08:39 AM
All District

catstix is on a distinguished road
West High over Aiken

Anybody on site for this one? 1)How did WH pull off the upset and 2)do it by shutting out Aiken 19-0. After the Middletown and Bacon scores, I was shocked to see a goose egg on the board for the Falcons in this one. What happened???
Old 09-16-18, 09:40 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by catstix View Post
Anybody on site for this one? 1)How did WH pull off the upset and 2)do it by shutting out Aiken 19-0. After the Middletown and Bacon scores, I was shocked to see a goose egg on the board for the Falcons in this one. What happened???
Against Middletown and Bacon West High was just physically outmatched. Now that they are in conference play they will be able to compete with anyone. Very tough, disciplined and well coached team. Not as much talent as Aiken and Taft but they grind it out and don't beat themselves. They scored on offense, defense and special teams Friday. The big surprise was them holding Aiken to 0 points.

Aiken will bounce back and make a playoff push.
Old 09-16-18, 09:46 AM
All Region

Week 5 Schedule:

Taft (3-1) at Hughes (3-1)
Shroder(0-4) at Aiken (2-2)
Western Hills (2-2) at Gamble Montessori (2-2)
Riverview East (0-4) at Cincinnati College Prep (0-3)
Woodward(2-2) at Dunbar (1-3)
Old 09-16-18, 10:05 PM
All Ohio

93 red ls is on a distinguished road
WH was playing with a TON of emotion in the game vs Aiken. I guess a "trap" game for the Falcons.

Leaves not alot of room for any hiccups the rest of the season ....