Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-21-18, 01:31 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
And we all know that the Oakwood-Milton game isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I like Valley View, Brookville and Carlisle's scheduling. Madison is even stepping up. Milton added Northwestern, big football juggernaut, in place of Tipp. Meanwhile, Valley View schedules a MAC school. Hmmm.
Milton needs to scrap that schedule and quit being so conservative. I'm hoping Lane will get creative with the schedule.
Milton should be playing Miami East, Covington and a MAC school every year. They get Valley View next year in place of Brookville, who they lost to quite often.
Just something to think about Bless....
that Northwestern game you're down on is in week 3. The MAC, OHC, and CCC are all in conference play. it's a CBC school, another SWBL school, or alot of travel for Milton in week 3. Most of the CBC is a division bigger (like Northwestern). I don't think it's too terrible.

Now...Moving Oakwood to week 3 to make room for Covington in 2? I'd be for that! or just dropping Oakwood for Covington. I'd love to see that game! Things could be done! I'm just not as down on the Northwestern game. I think Shane Carter will do well there!
Old 02-21-18, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Just something to think about Bless....
that Northwestern game you're down on is in week 3. The MAC, OHC, and CCC are all in conference play. it's a CBC school, another SWBL school, or alot of travel for Milton in week 3. Most of the CBC is a division bigger (like Northwestern). I don't think it's too terrible.

Now...Moving Oakwood to week 3 to make room for Covington in 2? I'd be for that! or just dropping Oakwood for Covington. I'd love to see that game! Things could be done! I'm just not as down on the Northwestern game. I think Shane Carter will do well there!
I'm in agreement with that. But travel is not something Milton will get away from. The travel to Northwestern would be the same as travel to say Minster. Use the SWBL for that week 3. Totally agree there.
It's fun to think about Covington vs MU. Obviously the MAC is a measuring stick game. I have no doubt that Pearce will have that program back to 2011 level. I think Lane did a fantastic job but the numbers hurt him. Adding Valley View this year is a boost. Madison is being talked about for Canton in December. Ouch.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-18, 01:47 PM
All Yappi

Bump

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-18, 06:11 PM
All American

alk4474 is on a distinguished road
Ttt
Old 03-26-18, 03:29 PM
All Yappi

So I see that Waynesville, Dixie and Eaton all have open dates? Any word on those dates?
Old 04-09-18, 07:47 AM
Freshman

SWOH2032 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So I see that Waynesville, Dixie and Eaton all have open dates? Any word on those dates?
As far as I know Waynesvilles schedule is filled and have no open dates.
Old 04-09-18, 02:30 PM
All Yappi

Good. Most be bad info.
Old 04-11-18, 07:37 PM
All District

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklincats02 View Post
I thought it made sense for Carlisle and Franklin to combine. A name for the combined schools would have been the biggest issue. But with Carlisle building new schools I would say it's highly unlikely. Franklin is looking into building new schools as well.
A combined team would be no better than the two teams separated.
Old 04-17-18, 11:44 AM
All Yappi

2018 swbl

I have a name for Franklin-Carlisle combined... Frankcarl. The Mascot... The Zombies.

Last edited by BlessEmAll; 04-24-18 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-17-18, 01:31 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
I see a Franklin-Carlisle merger highly unlikely. However, there is a lot of housing developments in the Hunter-Red Lion-Greentree area. I wonder if 10-20 years from now a new school district is created. I know that Lebanon/Franklin/Springboro all have territory within these housing developments. Maybe Hunter splits from Franklin??
Old 04-17-18, 07:55 PM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
You never know, I hope not. The growth going on in Hunter is going to spur Franklin to build new schools. Last time they tried to build new schools it was close to hunter. I assume that will be the same this time.
Old 04-25-18, 09:09 AM
All Region

Spartan119 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
A combined team would be no better than the two teams separated.
Of course they would be better they would be a monster. Carlisle has had 5 all state players and franklin has had 3 the last couple years. No way they could stay SWBL. If farmersville has their own school we couldnít compete on the level we do. Canít imagine how you came up with it not making those teams better.
Old 04-30-18, 07:15 AM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
If they combined they would be D2 in football, they wouldn't jump up to D1 so I think they could be competitive, not gonna beat the heavy hitters in D2 but couild have a solid team, Franklin has beat Edgewood the last few years and they are a solid D2 team.
Old 04-30-18, 11:24 AM
All Ohio

the Warren North Rivercats
Old 04-30-18, 11:52 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan119 View Post
Of course they would be better they would be a monster. Carlisle has had 5 all state players and franklin has had 3 the last couple years. No way they could stay SWBL. If farmersville has their own school we couldn’t compete on the level we do. Can’t imagine how you came up with it not making those teams better.
Seriously, how often is Carlisle good? Franklin has been pretty good the past couple of years. Sure, they would be good for the swbl. After that, one and done or maybe two. Goodness knows they would not want Massie.

Last edited by HardCorps; 04-30-18 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-30-18, 03:42 PM
All District

Quote:
the Warren North Rivercats
Do you think that people will call them the RiverCats, DogRat?

Last edited by HardCorps; 04-30-18 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-01-18, 06:37 AM
All Ohio

Ha! No. That post was made in jest. If they consolidated I assume they would keep one schools mascot and the others colors, like many have done.
Old 05-01-18, 11:44 AM
All District

Quote:
Ha! No. That post was made in jest. If they consolidated I assume they would keep one schools mascot and the others colors, like many have done.
Lol lol lol. You got me.

I recall one year in the playoffs VV had beat a couple of teams from down by the river (nobody local). So, I went to watch them play Ironton. There were signs all over, beat the river rats, rolling down the river etc etc. That was one of the worst officiated games. VV was having their way with Strayer at QB. Ironton had a couple of big time hitters and they just kept drilling Strayer before/after the whistle. They finally knocked him out of the game and the wheels completely flew off on offense and defense.
Old 05-01-18, 12:02 PM
All Ohio

I was trying to think of some mix between Indians and Wildcats, but I'm not creative enough! However, a logo of a wildcat in headdress and war paint canoeing would be awesome! (not remotely PC, but cool!).
Old 05-06-18, 04:41 PM
Freshman

NewBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I was trying to think of some mix between Indians and Wildcats, but I'm not creative enough! However, a logo of a wildcat in headdress and war paint canoeing would be awesome! (not remotely PC, but cool!).
WildIndians...lol...
Old 05-06-18, 06:41 PM
Freshman

NewBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
Valley View- Not sure what they return but I expect a competitive team, program is in great shape.

Franklin-I believe they return a stud linebacker (centers?) and the QB Woods.

Bellbrook- I think Bellbrook is loaded with 2-3 year starters, could be the team to beat.

Oakwood- Don't they lose the QB who could sling it?

Brookville- Not sure what they have, they lose Wallen. I think they return a good amount of starters.

Eaton- I think they are steadily getting better, not sure who they have.

Monroe- New Coach, New attitude. They return the QB and a good wide out and I believe a handful of starters elsewhere. The coaches kid transferred from Mason and should be a stud on the DL. I don't expect much this season but they may surprise people.
Anyone know the status of the Bowermaster twins that transferred in ??? Are they eligible now...???
Old 05-07-18, 05:03 AM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
Anyone know the status of the Bowermaster twins that transferred in ??? Are they eligible now...???
They were eligible last season after 5 games. One got some playing time in the secondary last year, the other will have to win the QB spot this year if he wants to play.
Old 05-07-18, 06:59 AM
Junior Varsity

Feral_Felines is on a distinguished road
Anyone know or have a link to Franklin's schedule this year? Interested in knowing other teams changes to their schedule as well.
Old 05-07-18, 07:15 AM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
FRANKLIN'S 2018 SCHEDULE:
HOME VS MADISON
AWAY VS EDGEWOOD
AWAY VS XENIA
HOME VS MONROE
AWAY VS BELLBROOK (league title in week 5?)
HOME VS PREBLE SHAWNEE
HOME VS VALLEY VIEW
AWAY VS EATON
AWAY VS BROOKVILLE
HOME VS OAKWOOD

Lose Carlisle, Piqua and Waynesville, pick up Madison, Xenia and Preble Shawnee.

Braden Woods will be the QB the next two years and look for him to be the center of the offense if I had to guess. Franklin returns plenty of skill players on offense all comes down to how line play is.
Old 05-09-18, 05:22 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
HOME VS MADISON
AWAY VS EDGEWOOD
AWAY VS XENIA
HOME VS MONROE
HOME VS PREBLE SHAWNEE
HOME VS VALLEY VIEW
AWAY VS EATON
AWAY VS BROOKVILLE
HOME VS OAKWOOD

Lose Carlisle, Piqua and Waynesville, pick up Madison, Xenia and Preble Shawnee.

Braden Woods will be the QB the next two years and look for him to be the center of the offense if I had to guess. Franklin returns plenty of skill players on offense all comes down to how line play is.

A little cocky here? Donít count out valley view and oakwood
Old 05-09-18, 05:25 PM
All American

Quote:
I have a name for Franklin-Carlisle combined... Frankcarl. The Mascot... The Zombies.
Yea I see zombies in Franklin all the time by the speedway Their mascot could be a 5 foot guy with a wife beater on with a pack cigs rolled up and holding a mt dew in one hand and dip cup in the other
Old 05-10-18, 05:48 AM
All Ohio

alk
Oakwood was mostly seniors. Will be interesting to see what they do without Erbe.

How much does VV have returning?
Old 05-10-18, 07:18 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk4474 View Post
Yea I see zombies in Franklin all the time by the speedway Their mascot could be a 5 foot guy with a wife beater on with a pack cigs rolled up and holding a mt dew in one hand and dip cup in the other
Sad thing is alk, so many SWBL schools could say the same thing...including Milton.
SWBL is country, white-bread, and we are proud of it. No offense to Northridge. 😂😂😂
Old 05-10-18, 07:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
alk
Oakwood was mostly seniors. Will be interesting to see what they do without Erbe.

How much does VV have returning?
dograt, I hear they will be very good again. MU just had to get that draw. We couldnít beat Brookville. Good thing Pearce is back. The current 8th graders might be historic for Milton.
Old 05-10-18, 07:56 AM
Junior Varsity

Feral_Felines is on a distinguished road
Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
HOME VS MADISON
AWAY VS EDGEWOOD
AWAY VS XENIA
HOME VS MONROE
HOME VS PREBLE SHAWNEE
HOME VS VALLEY VIEW
AWAY VS EATON
AWAY VS BROOKVILLE
HOME VS OAKWOOD

Man I am so happy to see them go back to 5 home and 5 away games. That alternating 6-4 stuff stunk. That's definitely an interesting schedule.I'm surprised they're playing Edgewood again. Is this the 5th year in a row they've played? Franklin played Xenia in the late 90's and won but that just feels like a random game. But then again, so did Piqua. I agree that I think the winner of Bellbrook and Franklin wins league. Preble Shawnee is a little strange too. Played them in 06-07 but it wasn't very close. Would've liked to have seen Milton Union in that spot. Or Northridge since they're the only SWBL team Franklin has yet to play.