Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: With the first pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select:
Sam Darnold, quarterback, University of Southern California 17 58.62%
Saquon Barkley, running back, Penn State University 3 10.34%
Josh Allen, quarterback, University of Wyoming 7 24.14%
Bradley Chubb, Defensive End, North Carolina State University 0 0%
Josh Rosen, Quarterback, UCLA 1 3.45%
Baker Mayfield, Quarterback, University of Oklahoma 0 0%
Other or trade 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-18, 05:10 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Browns' Number 1 Pick Poll

I'm not looking to shut down the discussion in the Browns thread, but I wanted to see the numbers on what people think will actually happen in the 26th.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-18, 02:55 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
There are only two players that can start in the NFL on that list.
Old 04-18-18, 04:25 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
There are only two players that can start in the NFL on that list.
Mayfield and Rosen could likely learn on the fly, but you don't mean them, do you ?
Old 04-18-18, 04:26 AM
All Yappi

Is it that poor Raymo doesn't get it, or does he want to be 8-8 every year ?
Old 04-18-18, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
voted saquon but baker deserves one vote. groupthink is for stupid people
Old 04-19-18, 02:55 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Groupthink can be for stupid people, but so can reflexively going against the consensus.

You know, like thinking there's a chance in hell Mayfield goes #1, or shorting the market before a historical run up.
Old 04-19-18, 02:59 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Or going all in on Nokia in 2008. Lol.
Old 04-20-18, 05:32 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcatFan06 View Post
voted saquon but baker deserves one vote. groupthink is for stupid people
If they feel there is a franchise QB in this draft, they must take him at #1 without question. No RB can ever be as valuable as a great QB. The only way I would even consider Barkley at #1, or even #4, is if I thought he was at least as good as Zeke. He isnít, though, and never was. Chubb is worth the #1, and is a steal at #4. Ideally, the Browns get the QB and Chubb, and get Guice or Penny later in the early part of the draft.
Old 04-20-18, 07:49 AM
All District

BobcatQB is on a distinguished road
Trade and build..same thing they should have done when this whole fiasco started again in 1999! When Ditka offers to trade all draft picks for the #1 and you don't do it, you really are an idiot.
Old 04-20-18, 08:14 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
If they feel there is a franchise QB in this draft, they must take him at #1 without question. No RB can ever be as valuable as a great QB. The only way I would even consider Barkley at #1, or even #4, is if I thought he was at least as good as Zeke. He isnít, though, and never was. Chubb is worth the #1, and is a steal at #4. Ideally, the Browns get the QB and Chubb, and get Guice or Penny later in the early part of the draft.
It really is that simple. Too much noise from the peanut gallery.

If the NYG keep their #2 pick and take Chubb after the Browns have taken a QB at #1, it's safe to assume that the Jets didn't trade up for a non-QB. Even then there will only be two off the board. Dorsey's phone will be blowing up for that #4 in that case. How far back are you willing to trade if it's your choice ?
Old 04-20-18, 08:15 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Or going all in on Nokia in 2008. Lol.

Such a mean person.
Old 04-20-18, 10:23 AM
All Yappi

MontetheCarlo is on a distinguished road
http://www.businessinsider.com/cleve...l-draft-2018-4

Heard some discussion on this yesterday on the radio. I hope this happens and I hope it works, just to watch NFL execs turn into zombies.
Old 04-20-18, 10:36 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
That's a pretty bold claim since there's a lot out there from scouts and NFL folks claiming the opposite.
Old 04-20-18, 10:47 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontetheCarlo View Post
http://www.businessinsider.com/cleve...l-draft-2018-4

Heard some discussion on this yesterday on the radio. I hope this happens and I hope it works, just to watch NFL execs turn into zombies.
Once the ensuing chaos wears off, the entertainment value of that move diminishes considerably. Kind of funny that the article has photos of the two QBs that will never make it to #4 even if the Browns are dumb enough to take Allen at #1.

If the Browns take dual clipboard jockeys with 1 and 4 to sit out 2018, both will be negatively impacted in that there will be at least one less high-quality 2nd year guy supporting them as they compete for primacy in 2019. No Chubb or Minkah getting the ball back, no Barkley lighting it up and putting defenses on their heels...... OR maybe even TWO or even THREE less quality young players if the Browns pass on an opportunity to trade that 4 and drop down a few spots for a few extra draft picks.

There is a reason it bucks conventional wisdom, as the author admits, Monte. It's dumb. I hate it.
Old 04-20-18, 10:59 AM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
It really is that simple. Too much noise from the peanut gallery.

If the NYG keep their #2 pick and take Chubb after the Browns have taken a QB at #1, it's safe to assume that the Jets didn't trade up for a non-QB. Even then there will only be two off the board. Dorsey's phone will be blowing up for that #4 in that case. How far back are you willing to trade if it's your choice ?
If it does go QB - Chubb - QB, then I take Saquon #4 so fast the commish won't know what hit him. He will be a difference-maker like Gurley. Why trade back?
Old 04-20-18, 11:16 AM
All Yappi

MontetheCarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Once the ensuing chaos wears off, the entertainment value of that move diminishes considerably. Kind of funny that the article has photos of the two QBs that will never make it to #4 even if the Browns are dumb enough to take Allen at #1.

If the Browns take dual clipboard jockeys with 1 and 4 to sit out 2018, both will be negatively impacted in that there will be at least one less high-quality 2nd year guy supporting them as they compete for primacy in 2019. No Chubb or Minkah getting the ball back, no Barkley lighting it up and putting defenses on their heels...... OR maybe even TWO or even THREE less quality young players if the Browns pass on an opportunity to trade that 4 and drop down a few spots for a few extra draft picks.

There is a reason it bucks conventional wisdom, as the author admits, Monte. It's dumb. I hate it.
Its all a result of the boredom from the "experts" boiling the same water over and over.
Look at the bright side.....if whoever they draft throws for 13 yards and doesn't fumble, he'll have a better year than that pretzel the Bengals got in the first round last year.
Old 04-20-18, 12:57 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Its all a result of the boredom from the "experts" boiling the same water over and over.
Look at the bright side.....if whoever they draft throws for 13 yards and doesn't fumble, he'll have a better year than that pretzel the Bengals got in the first round last year.
But he can run really fast in a straight line.
Old 04-20-18, 02:04 PM
All Yappi

I think the browns should be happy with “just a bit better” than John Ross.
Old 04-20-18, 07:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

I just saw this proof of your post this morning - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...e-with-browns/

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 04-21-18 at 05:43 AM..
Old 04-24-18, 11:29 AM
All Yappi

Fox Sports giving Josh Rosen mic time with both Patrick and Cowherd today.

If he walks 90% of the talk, with that arm talent, he is well worth the gamble on the concussion and shoulder histories.
Old 04-24-18, 12:18 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
One of the more historic drafts>

Old 04-24-18, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
One of the more historic drafts>

Best draft ever. The Asians taking the Wu Tang Clan was the steal of the draft.
Old 04-24-18, 02:34 PM
All Yappi

Never saw that before. That was funny.
Old 04-24-18, 06:42 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
I believe it will be Darnold, but again...the organizational silence about Rosen is speaking loudly to me. I won’t be surprised if he’s the pick, though I would take Darnold.
Old 04-25-18, 03:37 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
There’s really people out there who think they should draft 2 QBs with these picks. I can’t even comprehend that kind of stupidity.
Old 04-25-18, 05:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
There’s really people out there who think they should draft 2 QBs with these picks. I can’t even comprehend that kind of stupidity.
Do you have a buddy that hits on every girl at the bar <200lbs - beauty queens, butter-faces, hossas, whatever - until he pulls one ?

Same thing.
Old 04-25-18, 07:17 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Do you have a buddy that hits on every girl at the bar <200lbs - beauty queens, butter-faces, hossas, whatever - until he pulls one ?

Same thing.
No. And you only get 2 chances in this scenario and you better make it worthwhile bc taking another dud will just continue the misery.
Old 04-25-18, 07:22 PM
All Yappi

Darnold is still the safe pick. He may not have the highest potential ceiling but I think he has the highest floor. Rosen's too fragile, Allen too risky and Mayfield could get killed my an angry teammate as he just seems to be a d**k.
Old 04-25-18, 07:35 PM
All Yappi

Mary Kay Cabot is reporting-

A day before the draft, it could be down to Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield at No. 1 overall for the Browns, league sources tell cleveland.com.

The Browns have given strong consideration to all of the four top quarterbacks in the draft -- Allen, Mayfield, Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen -- but the choices seem to be narrowing to the cannon-armed passer from Wyoming and the Heisman Trophy winner from Oklahoma, the sources say.
Old 04-25-18, 07:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Mary Kay Cabot is reporting-

A day before the draft, it could be down to Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield at No. 1 overall for the Browns, league sources tell cleveland.com.

The Browns have given strong consideration to all of the four top quarterbacks in the draft -- Allen, Mayfield, Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen -- but the choices seem to be narrowing to the cannon-armed passer from Wyoming and the Heisman Trophy winner from Oklahoma, the sources say.
Think about this a moment........she is the Browns' beat reporter for the PD, she can probably fob herself into the building, and she is citing league sources ? Hmmm...

I doubt Dorsey has told anyone beyond Highsmith and Wolf, and maybe not even them. No way he's told Hue, unless it's a red herring. Hue is likely a strategic leaker at other times. League sources.....

Dorsey must find this all very entertaining.
Closed Thread