Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-13-17, 07:20 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Unequivocal statements based upon zero knowledge, neither reported nor first hand knowledge.....and expecting drastic action to be taken based upon these blind guesses........hmmm........ Yes. That is always dumb.
Yea, I made the stuff up completely out of the blue ... just because ... so how do you explain the tweets from Britt's agent ... I guess he just randomly made those up too ... cab, please get you head out of the sand ... if it looks like a duck, if it walks like a duct, and if quacks like a duck ... do you really need really need DNA evidence to know it's a duck??????????????

Second, I am not expecting drastic changes based on just that ... it might also have something to do with a 1-28 record and watching stupid call after stupid call ... or no clue on clock management ... I know, I know ... it's not his fault ... just ask him ... it Sashi's ... it's the players' ... it's the media ... ... it's the ref's ... it's joesport's fault. Hue is a great coach and great human being ... a wonderful friend and co-worker that I am making up stuff about.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-17, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Kenny Britt's agent?! Great place to place your trust. The guy should be charged as an accessory to grand larceny. Congratulations on your trifecta of stupid posts
Old 12-13-17, 09:38 AM
All Yappi

Speaking of agents, LaCanfora yesterday said that one of the best yet unheralded things about the Dorsey hire is the fact that the Browns front office will once again be trusted by player agents. Does anyone remember one of Sashi's early moves - pulling Schwartz's deal off the table when the tackle wanted to stay ? LaCanfora cited this to the McCarron snafu and a few crappy Sashi maneuvers in between those as worse than a losing record for discouraging free agents. I guess that's Hue's fault, too ?
Old 12-13-17, 10:12 AM
All World

Quote:
Speaking of agents, LaCanfora yesterday said that one of the best yet unheralded things about the Dorsey hire is the fact that the Browns front office will once again be trusted by player agents. Does anyone remember one of Sashi's early moves - pulling Schwartz's deal off the table when the tackle wanted to stay ? LaCanfora cited this to the McCarron snafu and a few crappy Sashi maneuvers in between those as worse than a losing record for discouraging free agents. I guess that's Hue's fault, too ?
let me get this straight ... things you see and read are absolutely true ... you have media that you can trust ... but mine is fake news ... got it!!!

http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/20...d-hue-jackson/

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/1...r-browns-woes/

http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/20...-in-cleveland/

Last edited by joesports; 12-13-17 at 11:56 AM..
Old 12-13-17, 12:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
let me get this straight ... things you see and read are absolutely true ... you have media that you can trust ... but mine is fake news ... got it!!!

I'll have to hit your links when I'm not just on my phone, but odds are good I've read those already.

I'm going to make a few guesses, though. None of them deny the fact that here was an agreement on the table for us to sign Schwartz, and he yanked it while it as being considered. None of them say that a trade for McCarron went smoothly. LaCanfora was talking about facts, not conjecture, Miss Marple. So, do you disagree that agents wouldn't appreciate having deals back-tracked and ditched ?

I plainly said I don't see Hue as a top head coach. I've been pretty disappointed in his game management and play calling at times. I just said that your posts saying Hue should be fired because he's a no good back-stabber are pretty damn silly.
Old 12-13-17, 01:31 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
I understand ... I am fan when my team is winning ... not so much when they are losing ... wait, they are good again, so I am a fan again ... to me this is not how it works ... real fans are fans, good or bad ... if you try to have it both ways ... you're not a real fan ... losing makes it better when they win ... and believe me it will be really good when (if) the Browns turn it around.
This isn't at all close to what the actual situation the Browns are in. There are no ups and downs for them, it's literally all downs. So it's not as simple as "rooting for them when they're good, but not when they're bad". It's decades of complete incompetence and the franchise has shown no inkling of even trying to be competitive. So I ask again, why would any sane fan continue to support it?
Old 12-13-17, 01:51 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
So I ask again, why would any sane fan continue to support it?
Great question. Beginning two years ago, I decided to abstain from Browns fandom until it's demonstrated that it is a real franchise and not a parody. Call it an indefinite suspension.

Since that time, they've won 1 game
Old 12-13-17, 02:01 PM
All World

Quote:
I'll have to hit your links when I'm not just on my phone, but odds are good I've read those already.

I'm going to make a few guesses, though. None of them deny the fact that here was an agreement on the table for us to sign Schwartz, and he yanked it while it as being considered. None of them say that a trade for McCarron went smoothly. LaCanfora was talking about facts, not conjecture, Miss Marple. So, do you disagree that agents wouldn't appreciate having deals back-tracked and ditched ?

I plainly said I don't see Hue as a top head coach. I've been pretty disappointed in his game management and play calling at times. I just said that your posts saying Hue should be fired because he's a no good back-stabber are pretty damn silly.
Good thing yours are "fact" ... were you in the room when this happened to verify the exact story? ... LaCanfora was talking about facts ... as he heard them ... I really doubt he was in the room either ... I doubt if the reporters I read or heard were in the room ... but they reported them as they heard them ... what is the difference?

Your facts about Schwartz is not what has been reported ... it was reported that the Browns made an offer to Schwartz ... he turned them down and went to get other offers ... when none of the other offers were better they went back to the Browns and wanted to take the offer, but the Browns said that offer was no longer on the table because they had spent some of the money on other free agents ... that is when Schwartz left ... not exactly the "facts" you are saying ... I do agree that it was a mistake ... they should have kept him ... but teams do give timelines on offers, you can't always wait around for a player or you may miss out on all the players.

As far as Hue goes ... I was in favor of bringing all of them back for a third year ... with minor changes ... that was before the entire finger pointing started ... and yes, I was willing to live with the mistakes of Hue's ... but once he showed himself as NOT a team player and incompetent ... now I am willing to move on ... I can live with one of those, not both.

You may think that being a backstabber or finger pointer is OK ... but that was not acceptable in any locker room I have been in ... you can make mistakes ... your teammates are willing to forgive ... but, backstabbing is not forgivable ... trusting your teammates is one of the most important elements in a successful team ... I have played/coached a lot of successful teams ... none of them had backstabbers on them ... the ones with backstabbers were always unsuccessful.
Old 12-13-17, 05:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

So Colangelo has nothing of substance on the Hue is a rat fascination of yours. May as well be a gossip columnist. His next installment - your third link - is even more fluff.

Joke.

Next one is Nick Wilson. All this has been said by Nick on 92.3, the in-game is pretty accurate, but yet none of it says Hue is a rat. Wilson concedes personnel and execution problems.

You've got nothing.
Old 12-13-17, 05:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Good thing yours are "fact" ... were you in the room when this happened to verify the exact story? ... LaCanfora was talking about facts ... as he heard them ... I really doubt he was in the room either ... I doubt if the reporters I read or heard were in the room ... but they reported them as they heard them ... what is the difference?

Your facts about Schwartz is not what has been reported ... it was reported that the Browns made an offer to Schwartz ... he turned them down and went to get other offers ... when none of the other offers were better they went back to the Browns and wanted to take the offer, but the Browns said that offer was no longer on the table because they had spent some of the money on other free agents ... that is when Schwartz left ... not exactly the "facts" you are saying ... I do agree that it was a mistake ... they should have kept him ... but teams do give timelines on offers, you can't always wait around for a player or you may miss out on all the players.

As far as Hue goes ... I was in favor of bringing all of them back for a third year ... with minor changes ... that was before the entire finger pointing started ... and yes, I was willing to live with the mistakes of Hue's ... but once he showed himself as NOT a team player and incompetent ... now I am willing to move on ... I can live with one of those, not both.

You may think that being a backstabber or finger pointer is OK ... but that was not acceptable in any locker room I have been in ... you can make mistakes ... your teammates are willing to forgive ... but, backstabbing is not forgivable ... trusting your teammates is one of the most important elements in a successful team ... I have played/coached a lot of successful teams ... none of them had backstabbers on them ... the ones with backstabbers were always unsuccessful.
Time will tell, and Sashi likely won't be another Ray Farmer because he will probably be doing contracts somewhere, but I'd guess his player personnel days are over. If you want to believe it's because of some made up nonsense, I guess that's your problem
Old 12-13-17, 08:51 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Britt signs with Pats
Old 12-14-17, 08:25 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
This isn't at all close to what the actual situation the Browns are in. There are no ups and downs for them, it's literally all downs. So it's not as simple as "rooting for them when they're good, but not when they're bad". It's decades of complete incompetence and the franchise has shown no inkling of even trying to be competitive. So I ask again, why would any sane fan continue to support it?
TB was an incompetent franchise for decades...then won a SB. Guess you would have sat that one out.

Cincinnati was an incompetent franchise for decades....then became a regular playoff qualifier...but I'm sure that's irrelevant.

Heck GB was pretty awful from Bart Start to Brett Farve...why is there a waiting list for tickets. Those fools.

Yeah the Browns are bad now but you never know where the turn around starts. I've got more respect for the fans that are there through the bad times than the ones who hop on the bandwagon when times are good. They are either your team or they aren't.

As for not trying to be competitive how do you explain the changes in coaches and front offices...heck all the QBs? You can argue the competency of the moves but they aren't bad by intent. If that were the case they would just ride out the status quo.
Old 12-14-17, 05:24 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
TB was an incompetent franchise for decades...then won a SB. Guess you would have sat that one out.

Cincinnati was an incompetent franchise for decades....then became a regular playoff qualifier...but I'm sure that's irrelevant.

Heck GB was pretty awful from Bart Start to Brett Farve...why is there a waiting list for tickets. Those fools.

Yeah the Browns are bad now but you never know where the turn around starts. I've got more respect for the fans that are there through the bad times than the ones who hop on the bandwagon when times are good. They are either your team or they aren't.

As for not trying to be competitive how do you explain the changes in coaches and front offices...heck all the QBs? You can argue the competency of the moves but they aren't bad by intent. If that were the case they would just ride out the status quo.
Old 12-16-17, 08:05 AM
All World

Found this funny.... Pats ALLEGEDELY didn't want to trade Garoppolo to the Browns

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patriot...06.html?exp=vv
Old 12-16-17, 11:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Found this funny.... Pats ALLEGEDELY didn't want to trade Garoppolo to the Browns

Regardless, I'm sure they preferred to see him in the NFC above all else.
Old 12-16-17, 04:11 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post

This is one of the least believable things I've read in a while. Bellichik giving a shi* about Jimmy G to the point he'd take a worse return to "do right" by him is downright hilarious.
Old 12-16-17, 05:09 PM
All Yappi

indeed
Old 12-16-17, 05:29 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Great question. Beginning two years ago, I decided to abstain from Browns fandom until it's demonstrated that it is a real franchise and not a parody. Call it an indefinite suspension.

Since that time, they've won 1 game
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcvnjV6g0sk/?hl=en
Old 12-16-17, 05:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
You suck.

I hope Marvin keeps his job.
Old 12-16-17, 06:40 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
You suck.

Blame The Browns ownership.
Old 12-17-17, 12:00 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You suck.

Hope Marvin loses his job...then Hue will be Cincinnati's problem.
Old 12-17-17, 02:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Blame The Browns ownership.
The succession of owners since and including Modell are responsible for an inability to ignore the stupid Cleveland sports media, that is for sure. Being swayed by them is the single greatest source of dysfunction since Schottenheimer's dismissal. Two separate Chains of Fools, acting in concert.
Old 12-17-17, 02:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Hope Marvin loses his job...then Hue will be Cincinnati's problem.
You are like an evil genius. I like it!!
Old 12-17-17, 05:51 AM
All World

Did some math ... here is what I came up with;

Kizer's stats

1st 6 games --- 93/179 52% - 965 yards - 3TD - 11 INT
last 6 games --- 108/194 56% - 1287 yards - 6TD - 6 INT

The kid was not ready to play, but Huey played him anyway ... the last 6 games are not bad for a rookie ... they need to give him more time.
Old 12-17-17, 07:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Did some math ... here is what I came up with;

Kizer's stats

1st 6 games --- 93/179 52% - 965 yards - 3TD - 11 INT
last 6 games --- 108/194 56% - 1287 yards - 6TD - 6 INT

The kid was not ready to play, but Huey played him anyway ... the last 6 games are not bad for a rookie ... they need to give him more time.
Of course they played him. They had to see if they had gotten lucky on Sashi's flyer of drafting him at all in the first place. Would you have preferred that they had sat him and then based the decision of whether to take a QB #1 this year on a 6 game sample size at the end of the year, or from a Kizer that had never started ?

Sashi dumped McCown. He left the coach with a competition between Kessler, Kizer, and Hogan. Kizer won the job. They were tanking anyway.
Old 12-17-17, 12:45 PM
All World

Quote:
Of course they played him. They had to see if they had gotten lucky on Sashi's flyer of drafting him at all in the first place. Would you have preferred that they had sat him and then based the decision of whether to take a QB #1 this year on a 6 game sample size at the end of the year, or from a Kizer that had never started ?

Sashi dumped McCown. He left the coach with a competition between Kessler, Kizer, and Hogan. Kizer won the job. They were tanking anyway.
They also had Osweiler ... If Hue had kept him #1 they would not have cut him. Second, they still have 3 games left, so they would have had 9 games to judge him on ... I think Kizer is going to have throw the ball a lot today ... could be the game that helps decide his fate ... could make it tough on the Browns if he looks good.
Old 12-17-17, 04:13 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
This is one of the least believable things I've read in a while. Bellichik giving a shi* about Jimmy G to the point he'd take a worse return to "do right" by him is downright hilarious.
Yeah that's why I typed allegedly. It's not even allegedly it's a made up theory by Adam
Old 12-18-17, 05:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
They also had Osweiler ... If Hue had kept him #1 they would not have cut him. Second, they still have 3 games left, so they would have had 9 games to judge him on ... I think Kizer is going to have throw the ball a lot today ... could be the game that helps decide his fate ... could make it tough on the Browns if he looks good.
How frigging stupid would that^ have been ? Unbelieveable. This is a second round "flyer" QB-gamble pick when the overall #1 pick is coming down the pipe.

Do you read what you type before you hit "Submit Reply"?
Old 12-18-17, 09:49 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
There is no way Dorsey is enamored, or even intrigued enough, with Kizer to believe he is not going to draft a QB with the #1 pick in the draft.

I still like the idea of Cousins, not because he’s the best QB of all time, but because he is a very good QB that can allow the Browns to win now...which I believe is important to salvaging what’s left of the fanbase.

I’m sure Dorsey will not agree with that, though, and will draft his guy.
Old 12-18-17, 01:28 PM
All World

Quote:
How frigging stupid would that^ have been ? Unbelieveable. This is a second round "flyer" QB-gamble pick when the overall #1 pick is coming down the pipe.

Do you read what you type before you hit "Submit Reply"?
cab ... you continue to amuse me ... the guy with over 28,000 post in 5 years asking the guy with just over 2,000 post in ten years if he reads his post ...

After watching the game Sunday ... and realizing the Browns do seem to give good effort ... I was thinking about Huey ... he may be a good communicator with the players .. but still a horrible offensive coordinator ... so, maybe keeping him but forcing him to take an offensive coordinator might not be terrible ... as long as it is a real OC and not one in name only ... second, him and Dorsey seem like a perfect fit together ... both seems to like throwing Sashi under the bus.