Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #931  
Old 12-13-17, 07:20 AM
joesports joesports is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,785
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Unequivocal statements based upon zero knowledge, neither reported nor first hand knowledge.....and expecting drastic action to be taken based upon these blind guesses........hmmm........ Yes. That is always dumb.
Yea, I made the stuff up completely out of the blue ... just because ... so how do you explain the tweets from Britt's agent ... I guess he just randomly made those up too ... cab, please get you head out of the sand ... if it looks like a duck, if it walks like a duct, and if quacks like a duck ... do you really need really need DNA evidence to know it's a duck??????????????

Second, I am not expecting drastic changes based on just that ... it might also have something to do with a 1-28 record and watching stupid call after stupid call ... or no clue on clock management ... I know, I know ... it's not his fault ... just ask him ... it Sashi's ... it's the players' ... it's the media ... ... it's the ref's ... it's joesport's fault. Hue is a great coach and great human being ... a wonderful friend and co-worker that I am making up stuff about.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #932  
Old 12-13-17, 09:27 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,725
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Kenny Britt's agent?! Great place to place your trust. The guy should be charged as an accessory to grand larceny. Congratulations on your trifecta of stupid posts
Reply With Quote
  #933  
Old 12-13-17, 09:38 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,725
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Speaking of agents, LaCanfora yesterday said that one of the best yet unheralded things about the Dorsey hire is the fact that the Browns front office will once again be trusted by player agents. Does anyone remember one of Sashi's early moves - pulling Schwartz's deal off the table when the tackle wanted to stay ? LaCanfora cited this to the McCarron snafu and a few crappy Sashi maneuvers in between those as worse than a losing record for discouraging free agents. I guess that's Hue's fault, too ?
Reply With Quote
  #934  
Old 12-13-17, 10:12 AM
joesports joesports is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,785
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Speaking of agents, LaCanfora yesterday said that one of the best yet unheralded things about the Dorsey hire is the fact that the Browns front office will once again be trusted by player agents. Does anyone remember one of Sashi's early moves - pulling Schwartz's deal off the table when the tackle wanted to stay ? LaCanfora cited this to the McCarron snafu and a few crappy Sashi maneuvers in between those as worse than a losing record for discouraging free agents. I guess that's Hue's fault, too ?
let me get this straight ... things you see and read are absolutely true ... you have media that you can trust ... but mine is fake news ... got it!!!

http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/20...d-hue-jackson/

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/1...r-browns-woes/

http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/20...-in-cleveland/

Last edited by joesports; 12-13-17 at 11:56 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #935  
Old 12-13-17, 12:28 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,725
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
let me get this straight ... things you see and read are absolutely true ... you have media that you can trust ... but mine is fake news ... got it!!!

http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/20...d-hue-jackson/

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/1...r-browns-woes/

http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/20...-in-cleveland/
I'll have to hit your links when I'm not just on my phone, but odds are good I've read those already.

I'm going to make a few guesses, though. None of them deny the fact that here was an agreement on the table for us to sign Schwartz, and he yanked it while it as being considered. None of them say that a trade for McCarron went smoothly. LaCanfora was talking about facts, not conjecture, Miss Marple. So, do you disagree that agents wouldn't appreciate having deals back-tracked and ditched ?

I plainly said I don't see Hue as a top head coach. I've been pretty disappointed in his game management and play calling at times. I just said that your posts saying Hue should be fired because he's a no good back-stabber are pretty damn silly.
Reply With Quote
  #936  
Old 12-13-17, 01:31 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 7,137
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
I understand ... I am fan when my team is winning ... not so much when they are losing ... wait, they are good again, so I am a fan again ... to me this is not how it works ... real fans are fans, good or bad ... if you try to have it both ways ... you're not a real fan ... losing makes it better when they win ... and believe me it will be really good when (if) the Browns turn it around.
This isn't at all close to what the actual situation the Browns are in. There are no ups and downs for them, it's literally all downs. So it's not as simple as "rooting for them when they're good, but not when they're bad". It's decades of complete incompetence and the franchise has shown no inkling of even trying to be competitive. So I ask again, why would any sane fan continue to support it?
Reply With Quote
  #937  
Old 12-13-17, 01:51 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,568
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
So I ask again, why would any sane fan continue to support it?
Great question. Beginning two years ago, I decided to abstain from Browns fandom until it's demonstrated that it is a real franchise and not a parody. Call it an indefinite suspension.

Since that time, they've won 1 game
Reply With Quote
  #938  
Old 12-13-17, 02:01 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,785
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I'll have to hit your links when I'm not just on my phone, but odds are good I've read those already.

I'm going to make a few guesses, though. None of them deny the fact that here was an agreement on the table for us to sign Schwartz, and he yanked it while it as being considered. None of them say that a trade for McCarron went smoothly. LaCanfora was talking about facts, not conjecture, Miss Marple. So, do you disagree that agents wouldn't appreciate having deals back-tracked and ditched ?

I plainly said I don't see Hue as a top head coach. I've been pretty disappointed in his game management and play calling at times. I just said that your posts saying Hue should be fired because he's a no good back-stabber are pretty damn silly.
Good thing yours are "fact" ... were you in the room when this happened to verify the exact story? ... LaCanfora was talking about facts ... as he heard them ... I really doubt he was in the room either ... I doubt if the reporters I read or heard were in the room ... but they reported them as they heard them ... what is the difference?

Your facts about Schwartz is not what has been reported ... it was reported that the Browns made an offer to Schwartz ... he turned them down and went to get other offers ... when none of the other offers were better they went back to the Browns and wanted to take the offer, but the Browns said that offer was no longer on the table because they had spent some of the money on other free agents ... that is when Schwartz left ... not exactly the "facts" you are saying ... I do agree that it was a mistake ... they should have kept him ... but teams do give timelines on offers, you can't always wait around for a player or you may miss out on all the players.

As far as Hue goes ... I was in favor of bringing all of them back for a third year ... with minor changes ... that was before the entire finger pointing started ... and yes, I was willing to live with the mistakes of Hue's ... but once he showed himself as NOT a team player and incompetent ... now I am willing to move on ... I can live with one of those, not both.

You may think that being a backstabber or finger pointer is OK ... but that was not acceptable in any locker room I have been in ... you can make mistakes ... your teammates are willing to forgive ... but, backstabbing is not forgivable ... trusting your teammates is one of the most important elements in a successful team ... I have played/coached a lot of successful teams ... none of them had backstabbers on them ... the ones with backstabbers were always unsuccessful.
Reply With Quote
  #939  
Old 12-13-17, 05:42 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,725
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
let me get this straight ... things you see and read are absolutely true ... you have media that you can trust ... but mine is fake news ... got it!!!

http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/20...d-hue-jackson/

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/1...r-browns-woes/

http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/20...-in-cleveland/
So Colangelo has nothing of substance on the Hue is a rat fascination of yours. May as well be a gossip columnist. His next installment - your third link - is even more fluff.

Joke.

Next one is Nick Wilson. All this has been said by Nick on 92.3, the in-game is pretty accurate, but yet none of it says Hue is a rat. Wilson concedes personnel and execution problems.


You've got nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #940  
Old 12-13-17, 05:44 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,725
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
Good thing yours are "fact" ... were you in the room when this happened to verify the exact story? ... LaCanfora was talking about facts ... as he heard them ... I really doubt he was in the room either ... I doubt if the reporters I read or heard were in the room ... but they reported them as they heard them ... what is the difference?

Your facts about Schwartz is not what has been reported ... it was reported that the Browns made an offer to Schwartz ... he turned them down and went to get other offers ... when none of the other offers were better they went back to the Browns and wanted to take the offer, but the Browns said that offer was no longer on the table because they had spent some of the money on other free agents ... that is when Schwartz left ... not exactly the "facts" you are saying ... I do agree that it was a mistake ... they should have kept him ... but teams do give timelines on offers, you can't always wait around for a player or you may miss out on all the players.

As far as Hue goes ... I was in favor of bringing all of them back for a third year ... with minor changes ... that was before the entire finger pointing started ... and yes, I was willing to live with the mistakes of Hue's ... but once he showed himself as NOT a team player and incompetent ... now I am willing to move on ... I can live with one of those, not both.

You may think that being a backstabber or finger pointer is OK ... but that was not acceptable in any locker room I have been in ... you can make mistakes ... your teammates are willing to forgive ... but, backstabbing is not forgivable ... trusting your teammates is one of the most important elements in a successful team ... I have played/coached a lot of successful teams ... none of them had backstabbers on them ... the ones with backstabbers were always unsuccessful.
Time will tell, and Sashi likely won't be another Ray Farmer because he will probably be doing contracts somewhere, but I'd guess his player personnel days are over. If you want to believe it's because of some made up nonsense, I guess that's your problem
Reply With Quote
  #941  
Old 12-13-17, 08:51 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,586
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Britt signs with Pats
Reply With Quote
  #942  
Old 12-14-17, 08:25 AM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 12,848
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
This isn't at all close to what the actual situation the Browns are in. There are no ups and downs for them, it's literally all downs. So it's not as simple as "rooting for them when they're good, but not when they're bad". It's decades of complete incompetence and the franchise has shown no inkling of even trying to be competitive. So I ask again, why would any sane fan continue to support it?
TB was an incompetent franchise for decades...then won a SB. Guess you would have sat that one out.

Cincinnati was an incompetent franchise for decades....then became a regular playoff qualifier...but I'm sure that's irrelevant.

Heck GB was pretty awful from Bart Start to Brett Farve...why is there a waiting list for tickets. Those fools.

Yeah the Browns are bad now but you never know where the turn around starts. I've got more respect for the fans that are there through the bad times than the ones who hop on the bandwagon when times are good. They are either your team or they aren't.

As for not trying to be competitive how do you explain the changes in coaches and front offices...heck all the QBs? You can argue the competency of the moves but they aren't bad by intent. If that were the case they would just ride out the status quo.
Reply With Quote
  #943  
Old 12-14-17, 05:24 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,785
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
TB was an incompetent franchise for decades...then won a SB. Guess you would have sat that one out.

Cincinnati was an incompetent franchise for decades....then became a regular playoff qualifier...but I'm sure that's irrelevant.

Heck GB was pretty awful from Bart Start to Brett Farve...why is there a waiting list for tickets. Those fools.

Yeah the Browns are bad now but you never know where the turn around starts. I've got more respect for the fans that are there through the bad times than the ones who hop on the bandwagon when times are good. They are either your team or they aren't.

As for not trying to be competitive how do you explain the changes in coaches and front offices...heck all the QBs? You can argue the competency of the moves but they aren't bad by intent. If that were the case they would just ride out the status quo.
Reply With Quote
  #944  
Old 12-16-17, 08:05 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,586
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Found this funny.... Pats ALLEGEDELY didn't want to trade Garoppolo to the Browns

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patriot...06.html?exp=vv
Reply With Quote
  #945  
Old 12-16-17, 11:42 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,725
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Found this funny.... Pats ALLEGEDELY didn't want to trade Garoppolo to the Browns

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patriot...06.html?exp=vv
Regardless, I'm sure they preferred to see him in the NFC above all else.
Reply With Quote
  #946  
Old 12-16-17, 04:11 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 4,759
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Found this funny.... Pats ALLEGEDELY didn't want to trade Garoppolo to the Browns

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patriot...06.html?exp=vv
This is one of the least believable things I've read in a while. Bellichik giving a shi* about Jimmy G to the point he'd take a worse return to "do right" by him is downright hilarious.
Reply With Quote
  #947  
Old 12-16-17, 05:09 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,725
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
indeed
Reply With Quote
  #948  
Old 12-16-17, 05:29 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Great question. Beginning two years ago, I decided to abstain from Browns fandom until it's demonstrated that it is a real franchise and not a parody. Call it an indefinite suspension.

Since that time, they've won 1 game
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcvnjV6g0sk/?hl=en
Reply With Quote
  #949  
Old 12-16-17, 05:52 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,725
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
You suck.


I hope Marvin keeps his job.
Reply With Quote
  #950  
Old 12-16-17, 06:40 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
You suck.


I hope Marvin keeps his job.
Blame The Browns ownership.
Reply With Quote
  #951  
Old 12-17-17, 12:00 AM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 12,848
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
You suck.


I hope Marvin keeps his job.
Hope Marvin loses his job...then Hue will be Cincinnati's problem.
Reply With Quote
  #952  
Old 12-17-17, 02:39 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,725
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Blame The Browns ownership.
The succession of owners since and including Modell are responsible for an inability to ignore the stupid Cleveland sports media, that is for sure. Being swayed by them is the single greatest source of dysfunction since Schottenheimer's dismissal. Two separate Chains of Fools, acting in concert.
Reply With Quote
  #953  
Old 12-17-17, 02:41 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,725
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Hope Marvin loses his job...then Hue will be Cincinnati's problem.
You are like an evil genius. I like it!!
Reply With Quote
  #954  
Old 12-17-17, 05:51 AM
joesports joesports is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,785
joesports is on a distinguished road
Did some math ... here is what I came up with;

Kizer's stats

1st 6 games --- 93/179 52% - 965 yards - 3TD - 11 INT
last 6 games --- 108/194 56% - 1287 yards - 6TD - 6 INT

The kid was not ready to play, but Huey played him anyway ... the last 6 games are not bad for a rookie ... they need to give him more time.
Reply With Quote
  #955  
Old 12-17-17, 07:48 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,725
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
Did some math ... here is what I came up with;

Kizer's stats

1st 6 games --- 93/179 52% - 965 yards - 3TD - 11 INT
last 6 games --- 108/194 56% - 1287 yards - 6TD - 6 INT

The kid was not ready to play, but Huey played him anyway ... the last 6 games are not bad for a rookie ... they need to give him more time.
Of course they played him. They had to see if they had gotten lucky on Sashi's flyer of drafting him at all in the first place. Would you have preferred that they had sat him and then based the decision of whether to take a QB #1 this year on a 6 game sample size at the end of the year, or from a Kizer that had never started ?

Sashi dumped McCown. He left the coach with a competition between Kessler, Kizer, and Hogan. Kizer won the job. They were tanking anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #956  
Old 12-17-17, 12:45 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,785
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Of course they played him. They had to see if they had gotten lucky on Sashi's flyer of drafting him at all in the first place. Would you have preferred that they had sat him and then based the decision of whether to take a QB #1 this year on a 6 game sample size at the end of the year, or from a Kizer that had never started ?

Sashi dumped McCown. He left the coach with a competition between Kessler, Kizer, and Hogan. Kizer won the job. They were tanking anyway.
They also had Osweiler ... If Hue had kept him #1 they would not have cut him. Second, they still have 3 games left, so they would have had 9 games to judge him on ... I think Kizer is going to have throw the ball a lot today ... could be the game that helps decide his fate ... could make it tough on the Browns if he looks good.
Reply With Quote
  #957  
Old 12-17-17, 04:13 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,586
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
This is one of the least believable things I've read in a while. Bellichik giving a shi* about Jimmy G to the point he'd take a worse return to "do right" by him is downright hilarious.
Yeah that's why I typed allegedly. It's not even allegedly it's a made up theory by Adam
Reply With Quote
  #958  
Old 12-18-17, 05:57 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,725
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
They also had Osweiler ... If Hue had kept him #1 they would not have cut him. Second, they still have 3 games left, so they would have had 9 games to judge him on ... I think Kizer is going to have throw the ball a lot today ... could be the game that helps decide his fate ... could make it tough on the Browns if he looks good.
How frigging stupid would that^ have been ? Unbelieveable. This is a second round "flyer" QB-gamble pick when the overall #1 pick is coming down the pipe.

Do you read what you type before you hit "Submit Reply"?
Reply With Quote
  #959  
Old 12-18-17, 09:49 AM
cjb56 cjb56 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-15-04
Location: Avon, OH
Posts: 13,901
cjb56 is on a distinguished road
There is no way Dorsey is enamored, or even intrigued enough, with Kizer to believe he is not going to draft a QB with the #1 pick in the draft.

I still like the idea of Cousins, not because he’s the best QB of all time, but because he is a very good QB that can allow the Browns to win now...which I believe is important to salvaging what’s left of the fanbase.

I’m sure Dorsey will not agree with that, though, and will draft his guy.
Reply With Quote
  #960  
Old 12-18-17, 01:28 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,785
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
How frigging stupid would that^ have been ? Unbelieveable. This is a second round "flyer" QB-gamble pick when the overall #1 pick is coming down the pipe.

Do you read what you type before you hit "Submit Reply"?
cab ... you continue to amuse me ... the guy with over 28,000 post in 5 years asking the guy with just over 2,000 post in ten years if he reads his post ...

After watching the game Sunday ... and realizing the Browns do seem to give good effort ... I was thinking about Huey ... he may be a good communicator with the players .. but still a horrible offensive coordinator ... so, maybe keeping him but forcing him to take an offensive coordinator might not be terrible ... as long as it is a real OC and not one in name only ... second, him and Dorsey seem like a perfect fit together ... both seems to like throwing Sashi under the bus.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Walsh Ironman "at capacity" - teams in the field ... bucksman Wrestling 48 09-16-17 03:37 PM
2017 Massillon Tiger Baseball DB135 Massillon Tigers 14 05-19-17 05:12 AM
2017 Middies and Xavier Peters M86 Football 7 05-05-17 02:35 PM
2017 Phil Portuese NE Regional - FS HiC Wrestling 1 04-29-17 08:38 PM
2017 GMVWA Teams CoachPeck Wrestling 2 04-29-17 05:46 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz