Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-02-17, 02:05 PM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
It's a shame that there aren't football people among the nerds. I think that's at the heart of the problem.
Ya think? I know that no front office bats 1.000 on their choices, but some of the glaring gaffes by this current regime are viewed in a harsher light because they traded down and let Goff, Wentz and Watson head to other teams. I'm not placing all of the failure on Brown's regime. Ray Farmer, considered a bona-fide football man, was every bit as inept as this group of goofballs.

And as for your comment about Haslam buying the Browns to give his wife a hobby, I agree...that's a bad look, if she was the one who slapped around the front office and not him.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-17, 02:44 PM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Fair enough Joe. I enjoy the conversation. It's refreshing to have a conversation like this on here without it devolving into a pi$$ing contest and name calling. I'm curious. What would you have to see/how bad would it have to get, for you to say they should jump ship?
To me it is more about time ... by the end you next year you should see the start of a real team ... right now I see only 3 position groups (OL, DL, & LB) that have look of an NFL team ... the young players must stop making the 'rookie' mistakes ... they need to start winning or have the chance to win each game ... I have seen some flashes of competence from the defense ... I need to see at least flashes of competence from the offense. I want a reason to think ... these guy are going to be good.

Right now I am more disappointed by Hue than Sashi ... while the front office has missed on a player (Wentz) or two... I do see some players I like ... Garrett has tons of talent, I still think Coleman will be a good WR, Njoku looks like he will be a good TE, most of DL look decent, Schobert might make it. With Hue, I not sure I have seen anything that excites me ... poor clock management, poor play calling, poor player development. There have been winnable games that they have failed to win. If any change, it would be to get rid of Hue ... I would not do that yet, but need to see a reason to keep him.

All teams FO and coaches make mistakes ... the good ones learn from them ... I want to see that the Browns are learning from their mistakes. You won't get this if you fire your coaches or GMs after their first mistakes.

PS ... It is nice to have a civil discussion, even if you disagree ...that is why I no longer reply to the trolls on here.
Old 11-03-17, 02:43 PM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Those of you talking about the Browns "tanking" and/or "tear down/rebuild" are giving them way more credit than they deserve. 3-13, then 1-15, and steaming towards another 1-15 this year, without any visible sign of developing any star players.

At some point a rebuild plan needs to be able to identify, draft and develop great players. Continually trading down and stockpiling for the future is not rebuilding, they are afraid to pick the wrong guy. As a result they passed on Wentz, Goff and Watson. And they passed on guys like Bosa, Elliott, and other stars.

There is no master plan. It is simply incompetence running amuck. Heart breaking for a life long fan.
Old 11-03-17, 02:52 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Weirdo thinks they are going to avoid steady improvement and a 500ish season or two and go straight to 13-3.
Old 11-03-17, 02:55 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
Those of you talking about the Browns "tanking" and/or "tear down/rebuild" are giving them way more credit than they deserve. 3-13, then 1-15, and steaming towards another 1-15 this year, without any visible sign of developing any star players.

At some point a rebuild plan needs to be able to identify, draft and develop great players. Continually trading down and stockpiling for the future is not rebuilding, they are afraid to pick the wrong guy. As a result they passed on Wentz, Goff and Watson. And they passed on guys like Bosa, Elliott, and other stars.

There is no master plan. It is simply incompetence running amuck. Heart breaking for a life long fan.
You are correct, sir. The difference in NFL teams are the amount of impact players on each team. When you are at the top of the draft...and yes, some players at the top do bust anyway...you generally get impact players. The Browns trading down and taking a bunch of potentially good players instead of sitting still and taking the great players is why they continue the lack of improvement. The one time they stayed put and took the stud...Garrett...they actually got what looks to be a true impact player.
Old 11-03-17, 05:48 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Weirdo thinks they are going to avoid steady improvement and a 500ish season or two and go straight to 13-3.
You're such a d00sh!! You just make crap up if I don't pay attention to you. No one said that^

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
...they won't get stuck in a 6-10/9-7/6-10 cycle yet, because they plainly aren't good enough. They are trying to vault right over that, ......
Basically, they don't want to Marvin

Which SWO fish-eaters are you going to cheer for this weekend, after you dry your "purple kitty tears"?
Old 11-03-17, 06:53 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
You're such a d00sh!! You just make crap up if I don't pay attention to you. No one said that^

Basically, they don't want to Marvin

Which SWO fish-eaters are you going to cheer for this weekend, after you dry your "purple kitty tears"?
Thanks for quoting that. Not sure why you are accusing me of lying though.
Old 11-04-17, 11:15 AM
All Yappi

I've just heard Beau Bishop on 92.3 demonstrate a complete understanding of what the Browns - with Haslam's blessings - have attempted to do, failed to do, should not have done, and ought to do going forward.

I wish 92.3 would can Adam the Bull and put Bishop with Dustin Fox in the 2PM. I think Fox might chafe a bit with Bishop challenging as the #1 tOSU guy, a place where the hack phone-caller-trolling Adam typically defers to Fox, but Bishop is miles better than Adam the Bull on everything but general baseball stuff. Baseball season is over. Dump Adam, and cultivate some regular call-in help for Bishop for next baseball season.
Old 11-04-17, 11:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Thanks for quoting that. Not sure why you are accusing me of lying though.
I never claimed that I expected the Browns to duplicate even a Johnson/Aikman Cowboys-like turn around, much less 1-15 to 13-3, but that's clearly what you imply. Of course you are a liar It's your "thing". Next thing, I guess, is that you throw a blue laughie and claim I'm upset ?

Not sure why I would quibble with you over what constitutes "steady improvement" just to entertain your lame azz........
Old 11-04-17, 07:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I never claimed that I expected the Browns to duplicate even a Johnson/Aikman Cowboys-like turn around, much less 1-15 to 13-3, but that's clearly what you imply. Of course you are a liar It's your "thing". Next thing, I guess, is that you throw a blue laughie and claim I'm upset ?

Not sure why I would quibble with you over what constitutes "steady improvement" just to entertain your lame azz........
The cowboys actually had a 7-9 season. Still not sure how Iím lying. Itís pretty funny you characterize it that way. You claim you and obfdc are the only ones who get the plan, if you donít believe in it just say so. So do you think the Browns are on the path to vault over a 500 season and avoid the steady improvement pretty much every great team follows as they rise?
Old 11-05-17, 08:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
The cowboys actually had a 7-9 season. Still not sure how I’m lying. It’s pretty funny you characterize it that way. You claim you and obfdc are the only ones who get the plan, if you don’t believe in it just say so. So do you think the Browns are on the path to vault over a 500 season and avoid the steady improvement pretty much every great team follows as they rise?
You are such an idiot. Why do you enjoy this childish game of yours so much ?

I'll bargain with the purple Yappi devil. If you go back and find my post in which I said they are trying to avoid the draft trap of steady improvement and quote it, I'll edit it and add the word "slow" or "gradual" in front of "steady improvement". Would that please you ? Would you feel as if you finally won one, and then take your well-earned George Costanzo exit and go hump Ted's leg for a while and leave me alone ?
Old 11-05-17, 08:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
You are such an idiot. Why do you enjoy this childish game of yours so much ?

I'll bargain with the purple Yappi devil. If you go back and find my post in which I said they are trying to avoid the draft trap of steady improvement and quote it, I'll edit it and add the word "slow" or "gradual" in front of "steady improvement". Would that please you ? Would you feel as if you finally won one, and then take your well-earned George Costanzo exit and go hump Ted's leg for a while and leave me alone ?
So you do or donít believe he Browns are on the path to vault over 500 to the elite? Itís a pretty easy question to answer.
Old 11-05-17, 09:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
So you do or don’t believe he Browns are on the path to vault over 500 to the elite? It’s a pretty easy question to answer.
I've only said from the beginning that they are trying to do so. I've also added that I no longer believe in Sashi's ability and methods on it's own to make the right selections to accomplish that goal, although I had been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a while previously. Are you ADD, or a dumbazz ? The third choice is playing games......hmmm.....
Old 11-05-17, 01:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I've only said from the beginning that they are trying to do so. I've also added that I no longer believe in Sashi's ability and methods on it's own to make the right selections to accomplish that goal, although I had been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a while previously. Are you ADD, or a dumbazz ? The third choice is playing games......hmmm.....
Youíre being awful dramatic. Anyway, when did the Browns state they wanted to vault over gradual improvement? When was the last team to ever do that?
Old 11-05-17, 01:37 PM
All Yappi

Congrats to the Bungles on their first fumble recovery of the season. Too bad their best play in that possession was being taunted.

Bugger off, _putz
Old 11-05-17, 03:36 PM
All Yappi

Liar! Liar!
Old 11-05-17, 03:39 PM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
I got money on the Browns when they play our joke of a team. I am actually rooting for the Browns.
Old 11-05-17, 08:01 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
The Browns beat the bye...Houston lost.
Old 11-06-17, 03:09 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Sashi's feeling okay about all of this-

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ml#incart_2box
Old 11-07-17, 01:22 AM
All Ohio

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Sounds like little action and more excuses. How can his job be safe?
Old 11-07-17, 11:38 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Just looked at an si.com mock that had the Browns drafting Darnold at 1 and SMU WR Courtland Sutton at 13.
Old 11-07-17, 01:14 PM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just looked at an si.com mock that had the Browns drafting Darnold at 1 and SMU WR Courtland Sutton at 13.
Tom Savage led Houston on a decent little comeback last Sunday before ultimately falling short... I think Savage ends up looking halfway serviceable for Houston, but there is a very good chance that pick ends up higher than 13.

Two top 10 picks in rounds 1 and 2 and ample cap space.

I'd be feeling pretty good if I was Sashi as well.
Old 11-07-17, 01:29 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Probably Rosen instead of Darnold. I think Darnold stays in school
Old 11-07-17, 02:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcatFan06 View Post
Tom Savage led Houston on a decent little comeback last Sunday before ultimately falling short... I think Savage ends up looking halfway serviceable for Houston, but there is a very good chance that pick ends up higher than 13.

Two top 10 picks in rounds 1 and 2 and ample cap space.

I'd be feeling pretty good if I was Sashi as well.
Unfortunately, the only person feeling pretty good about Sashi is Sashi. I'm not saying he won't pull it off, I just wish they had an experienced football guy with a track record we could rely on.

As for Rosen, sounds like there are some red flags there. Not Manziel substance abusing rich boy red flags, but some about his questionable attitude and sense of self entitlement.

Watch, the Browns will have passed on Watson and Wentz, Darnold won't come out or will "Eli Manning" himself elsewhere, Rosen will blow up and there won't be a franchise QB left in the draft.
Old 11-08-17, 11:52 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Dear God you guys and those Rookie QBS,this team is not a training center for first year players thats for sure.
Old 11-11-17, 03:38 PM
All Yappi

Browns tried to trade for Pryor before the trading deadline. Is that not one of the most "Browns" things ever (next to not calling in a trade)?
Old 11-12-17, 07:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Browns tried to trade for Pryor before the trading deadline. Is that not one of the most "Browns" things ever (next to not calling in a trade)?
As funny as that is, he's still on a one year contract. If they could have had him back for the second half of the season @ = or <50% of what $ he'd been offered before he left for Washington, why not ? Pryor thrived under Hue.

Who would you rather have Josh Gordon hanging out with and competing for #1 WR with - Pryor, or Clubmaster Corey Coleman ?
Old 11-12-17, 07:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Dear God you guys and those Rookie QBS,this team is not a training center for first year players thats for sure.
New Coach Joe Thomas is helping on the O-line.

It could have been a better place to train Kizer if they had kept McCown. Thanks, Sashi.
Old 11-12-17, 11:30 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
The Browns are going to win today ... I hope!
Old 11-12-17, 12:17 PM
All Yappi

Hope is a 4 letter word, but........

Good old Marty....they can't all be gems, amirite?!