Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-26-17, 02:06 PM
All Region

AHM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Well yes they got caught having to play a Canadian team THIS YEAR others have played them as well MANY others that is. Scioto is a rival it is, Perrysburg is two years removed from a state Semi D-2 berth and has bene consistently good overall not so much now , not enough harbins of course either. So yes this year NOT EVERY YEAR Coffman has had a lighter first three games.

So take off Scioto and no Canadian team next year, it hasn't been the rule . I don't get your OCC interest quite frankly . How does it affect Hartley ? OH that's right your al star AAU like program can may be get some harbins beating D-1 meh Publics once in a while and if the talent level keeps increasing which it seems is happening may be challenge some of the bigger dogs? Oh I get it, and of course just be a negative condescending AAU MOCKING HS BASKETBALL LIKE D-Bag that is .

Of course all welcome I know you look for me , I can't say the same I really if ever look at your thoughts on other threads because I don't care about them or the other AAU programs all that much really. Come back and check out my week 10 picks , may be you could even make a positive or even insightful statement where the OCC is concerned, ? NAH too weird, stick to the d-baggery
I talked to Crabtree about HarryCrane. He knew who you are. He said you are an idiot and embarassment as a fan.

I am going to ask him if your kids really take AP classes next and if he will play Hartley. Ill let you know what he says.
Old 10-26-17, 02:23 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hartley , is a mid size Catholic school who draws from a nice sized area geographically speaking .
You finally found us on the map! Well done.
Old 10-26-17, 03:25 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh I am sure you talked to him alright , wasn't that supposed to be like 3 months ago ? and you are just getting around to letting me know what he thinks which I couldn't possible care less about ? Never thought coaches eve read these forums , no one really posts , I mean how many fans ? I'm sure he especially hates m sticking up for him and the program and all the views is thread gets.

I'm sure he really is peeved and furious and embarrassed about me trying to provide context and facts supporting the program agasint idiots and dumber than life characters like you . How does that go exactly ? Does he thank you for bashing him and bringing up last years infraction about say 15 times ,bashing the community as well that he lives in and then tell you he is embarrassed by a poster that actually supports the coaching staff?

He must like you a lot LOL . Kids are doing more than fine and have taken and are indeed taking multiple AP IB courses thanks , even though he thinks i'm an idiot and embarrassment , no hard feelings I will continue to support and you can continue to bash and of course he likes you for that I'm sure . Dumber than a box of rocks that took a tumble down a large mountain AHM
Old 10-26-17, 03:28 PM
All World

You cite Sappy's thread when replying , you do know I wasn't talking to you right? No one cares what a smart sharp guy like you thinks but somehow many come here to this thread including you to read the musings of an imbecile? Again how does that work again ? And how do you not fall down more ?
Old 10-26-17, 03:41 PM
All World

I disagree a bit here, I think many programs have similar talent levels , I don't think there is any public that has any kid of inherent talent level year after year, , I think there are good classes and average ones that is true of most publics Some have more emphasis on athletics and less on academics and better demo's and larger pools of potential football players .

I think the perception is greater than the reality not everyone agrees with you on that thought . For example no one ever responds when I calmly let them know the 2007 team with the most D-1 Seniors in recent memory FIVE KIDS lost to a ST X team with more than double that number, so they didn't lose or underachieve against a lesser foe, If that same team had drawn say the 2009 Elder team that Davidson got ? I think they lose and your criticism may be valid .

You are the biggest supporter of Coffman has this awesome talent every year and always loses to inferior teams , NOT THE TRUTH or factual , IT'S S YOUR PERCEPTION OF REALITY .

You arrogance suggesting your a thinking man so it's obvious this type of equation makes you think, well I and others are also thinkers, and if you can what is your reasons why despite having this much talent they don't win as much ?

You act as if they are the only program to ever lose a play-off game to someone they were better than , Wayne last year ring a bell ? PC wasn't as good , your thought is there is an inherent fatal flaw a lacking personally of the people here, so obviously you don't think much of coach Crabtree so that must be your big reason 1 AND 1-A right ? I sure you are best friends with him like Dolty AHM is right ?

So seeing as you read about Coffman every day and think about them being the great thinker that you are , what are the reasons , please enlighten us
Old 10-26-17, 04:04 PM
All American

Quote:
You are the biggest supporter of Coffman has this awesome talent every year and always loses to inferior teams , NOT THE TRUTH or factual , IT'S S YOUR PERCEPTION OF REALITY .
Anybody can Google the top football recruits in Ohio for the last 15 years and crunch the numbers. Or Dublin Coffman signing day. And DCTV is nice enough to share their signing day videos on the Youtube.
Old 10-26-17, 04:43 PM
All World

BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_rico View Post
I heard that PC and Davidson are starting a home and home series next year. I think Bradley's success is short-lived but I agree their schedule is laughable and does not prepare them for the playoffs. They benefited from being down when the OCC realigned and initially set up crossover games. Other schools like Lancaster and Davidson were hurt by it. Scheduling games many years out does not seem smart on the HS level as the landscape changes quickly. DeSales and other private schools have a tough time scheduling games so naturally their strength of schedule is better whether they want it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe the OCC Cardinal was left out of the crossover scheduling, as that pertains to the 6-team divisions to fill weeks 4 and 5 in the schedule. Weeks 1-3 are open for OCC Cardinal teams, as well as filling in Mt. Vernon's spot (Darby still played them last 2 years). Olentangy Berlin is supposed to join the Cardinal next year, so that locks up an additional spot (later in the season).

While I'm a Darby fan, I'd love to see Bradley match up against Pick Central, Coffman, Gahanna or even Olentangy. Just curious, why do you think Bradley's success is short-lived? They've gotten some opportune transfers (not a criticism, just an observation) in the past and could in the future.

Of course, rereading this, you could specifically mean Bradley is due for an eye-opening (for them) change once we get to week 11, whereas Pick Central, Wayne, etc. will have been battle-tested.

Last edited by BGFalcons86; 10-26-17 at 05:26 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 10-26-17, 04:47 PM
All World

Yes I actually very aware of the history. There aren’t a handful of d1 kids most years Sometimes none at all . Which year in particulate are you thinking they were god enough to win a title which is all that matters in HS football and then explain hiw much more talent they had than everyone ? Or even most D1 powers
Old 10-26-17, 05:20 PM
All World

On second though Sappy , we've been over this don't need to look up or go to you tube to see signing days , I know how many and how few each team had of recruited talent . You have always said they get nothing out of tier talent .

This year's team ahs ummm well OK a freshman who turned 15 at the end of September { So that whole held back thing was more a case of him being the youngest class at one point } looks like a sure D-1 kid, ad a Sophomore who is extremely talented as we all know but has played about 3 quarters this year . Junior class ? ZIP , Seniors ? 2 may be one definite? Hoak I think should be one at the MAC level but wasn't offered .

Definte talent on the team that isn't D-1 not saying there isn't , but last year? 2 , BC and Duke . Pick North has had as many overall and PC has had more for sure , others around the OCC have as much individual talent these days . Like I said 2007 was a very talented team had the handful of recruited kids , but ST X had more A LOT MORE actually .
Old 10-26-17, 05:42 PM
All World

week of the regular season , most berths or fates are sealed . including

Gahanna at Pick North - LP Line PN - 11

Game tonight on TV , most talent on the field of any game on Thursday this year . Lions are getting healthier , PN is really good, a threat in R-3 , Jimmy football and Lowery were both at PN once upon a time. Two years ago , one had to go to play fulltime and it was the younger Lowery who slipped over to Gahanna . Both have thrived . Both are in the play-offs regardless . Gahanna can improve two spots ? PN is locked in really.

Like I said in the other thread answering a predicted 31 point blowout , I feel with Gahanna back and healthy and I saw then when healthy , this is more reasonable

PN 31 Gahanna 21

continued
Old 10-26-17, 06:02 PM
All World

Week 10

Lancaster at ALEC BUUUUUUURRRGGGG LP Line Burg - 8

Seinfeld reference that I know makes some chuckle a bit. Berg was the pompous lawyer who got Jerry and company Rangers tickets and Kramer opined that they didn't thank Alec BUUUUURG profusely enough . Teaching my kids about those damn thank you's . We spend most of our time thanking or apologizing don't we? Or complaining about that damn 7.00 O'clock kick . Yes with all the problems to have I do suppose bitc^&ing about the 7 kick seems a bit much . But it's more about WHY did they change a prefect kick time?

What's this have to do with this game ? NADA , of course as I tend to meander about aimlessly. Bottom line is R-Burg has the incentive , they benefit from UA forfeiting to Central Crossing last week after an ineligible player was discovered playing . HMMM 60 percent according to Louie if they win , to avoid appearing on his dreaded Best not to get in list .

BURG 31 Lenkuster 17 GO BURG , HOPE THEY MAKE THE PLAY-OFFS . !!!!

Last edited by Harrycrane; 10-26-17 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-26-17, 06:13 PM
All World

Week 10

Dublin Muirfield at Kilbourne Hard road campus - LP line Country Clubbers - 11

The CC'S are IN. It is a matter of whether they go to Toledo or to Lewis Center next week ? This team is living right these Celtics of greater Muirfield . Youthful infectiously enthusiastic coach, great mentality in the weight room and really positive attitudes . Not an upper echelon program , but on this night vs this opponent they can play one on TV , oh that's right this one is tomorrow .

Jerome 27 WK Hard road campus 10
Old 10-26-17, 07:29 PM
All World

Week 10

Westy Central at Tangy Braves LP Line Braves - 7

Magistro last game in Westy Town . Loved that Friday nigh lights song Devil Town , What is Westerville's nick name ? Braves need the game somewhat , WC needs it or wants it , they aren't making the play-offs . Tangy as I have pointed out has some nice home field stuff going on . Tangy is either 4 or 5 seed depending . Should be a decent ballgame . Braves have enough .

Tangy 23 WC 14
Old 10-27-17, 03:56 AM
All World

Week 10

Normally I wouldn't throw a game like this in the mix because it's more than a no doubter. But it's play-off time so

Bradley AT Delaware P Line HB - 29

LP will be laying off my bet in some island in the pacific west , because you can't make the line high enough when it comes to Bradley going against an overmatched opponent . As others have opined they aren't exactly battle tested for what awaits them { Pick North ?} next week , but for this week anyway they thrash gouge bio%tch slap , and stand over their befallen outmatched foe for one more week . I hear they already put the scoreboard at 14-0 because the clock guy wants to have an extra Bud Light draft at the no windows pub . Name the score? Bradley likes high numbers

HB 58 DH 13

Another one I wouldn't usually include but it interests me in a weird way

Central Crossing at M-Ville - LP Line M-VILLE - 3

Two programs that have new coaches new directions and offenses, trying to re-group and go in a more positive direction . CC isn't too removed from being a play-off team , M-Ville is just 4 years . Neither consistently good but have potential . Two small farm teams as Sappy may say, not getting the context of what my point was always about when Hartley was ripping through D-5 and D-4 rural regions with their much different type of school and more good players than everyone else in those regions for obvious reasons { Standard being able to pull players from a wider area than a few farm acres } , of course exceptions to make the rule is then employed .

These schools have proven they can be good, but can they be consistent ? I see some material and good players here and there but one good play turns into a negative one a few plays later . I will lay the 3 here and home field is enough for the future farmers

M-Ville 23 CC 14

Orange at WS Ibbies LP Line Orange - 12

Sometimes when you get punched in the gut or kicked a bit lower than that , it takes you a while to recover . Orange certainly got somethinged last week ,not sure where the punch or kick went but that was a tough night . Orange was cruising as usual , full of confidence and swagger and then BAM,. the 4th quarter came and went and their comfortable lead disappeared as fast as Donny Trumps twitter finger .

The Ibbies received a weird slap yesterday as well as their win vs UA is taken off the Harbin board and put into the dumpster . Not good , can they win here? AHHH Not really . Houston is a huge loss no doubt, , they still have a very solid team but it isn't really the same. I know when Coffman ahs lost a few players at the worst possible times it has hurt, still good but something missing, { QB, Leading tackler and leader} Liberty losing Warriner hurt them last year still have good players and a good team , but something just a bit off .

Is there a hangover here, Are the Ibbies with more incentive ready to pull the upset ? Can't pull that trigger . Gill scores on a longer spectacular play from scrimmage or is it a return? he scores either way may be both

OO 31 Ibbies 17
Old 10-27-17, 07:13 AM
All District

uncle_rico is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGFalcons86 View Post
I believe the OCC Cardinal was left out of the crossover scheduling, as that pertains to the 6-team divisions to fill weeks 4 and 5 in the schedule. Weeks 1-3 are open for OCC Cardinal teams, as well as filling in Mt. Vernon's spot (Darby still played them last 2 years). Olentangy Berlin is supposed to join the Cardinal next year, so that locks up an additional spot (later in the season).

While I'm a Darby fan, I'd love to see Bradley match up against Pick Central, Coffman, Gahanna or even Olentangy. Just curious, why do you think Bradley's success is short-lived? They've gotten some opportune transfers (not a criticism, just an observation) in the past and could in the future.

Of course, rereading this, you could specifically mean Bradley is due for an eye-opening (for them) change once we get to week 11, whereas Pick Central, Wayne, etc. will have been battle-tested.

Yes that's what I meant (sort of). Other than maybe Fairmont or Reynoldsburg, Bradley does not match up well at all with any Region 3 team. I would not want to play Northmont or Pick North in the first round.

Bradley folks I talked to at the DeSales scrimmage told me their underclassmen numbers are down and there isn't much talent beyond their current junior class. I think they have 1 more good year unless they pick up more transfers.

Old 10-27-17, 07:40 AM
All World

Rebuild next year but some very good if only a few standouts , 7-3 ? May be 8-2 with league not being real strong ?
Old 10-27-17, 08:06 AM
All Region

AHM is on a distinguished road
I was watching the Gahanna scrimmage. I saw coach crabtree scouting. I went up to him and said "Have you heard about this Coffman Fan, Harry Crane? Hes all over Yappi"
coach Crabtree said "Yea I know who he is. Hes an idiot."

Then I asked about his family. Next time I talk to him Ill find out more but that was all I was looking for at that time.

I want to see them get a tougher schedule. Schedule Hartley or even Desales. HarryCrane could toss the coin.
Old 10-27-17, 08:07 AM
All District

uncle_rico is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds about right. It will depend on who they schedule in the non-conference. If they follow their recent trend and schedule Basket Weaving Prep, then yes, 8-2 is probably spot on.

Old 10-27-17, 08:23 AM
All World

Who was Gahanna scrimmaging ? Did he compliment you in your support of the program and community ? Didn’t think so. I don’t know coach he doesn’t know me. If he called me an idiot it must be based on reading this forum . He probably doesn’t read it and if he does why? People usually don’t go read idiots . Pretty positive out here. Many fans bash coaches 10 times more negatively than I do , but some people don’t like support I guess .

You are the next level of a waste of space . Never read one thing of value you have written .
I mean this I talked to someone about you crap is embarrassing but consider the source . I think in general you are full of crap

Last edited by Harrycrane; 10-27-17 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-27-17, 08:47 AM
All World

Sometimes a program suddenly upgrades the schedule and they don’t have the same team as they had and they get beat and may be don’t make the playoffs . I’m sure the Jags may be thinking of this , but will they have the team ? I think the future looks good overall , they will continue to have may be the most talent in the district . Is Bradley a destination school For the pitch and catch crowd of players ?
Old 10-27-17, 02:25 PM
All World

Week 10 final

Darby at Scioto - P Line Darby - 4

Darby is on life support as is Scioto . Scioto has a better chance of getting in if they win does Darby does. AS IN THEY ARE IN IF THEY WIN. I like Scioto athletically but Darby with their run game is a good match-up for them vs Scioto I believe . I would sell out for the run big time and dare to pass . I don[t think you get the fluke 132 yards passing Davidson had vs Coffman when they had 172 total the previous 7 games here.

Scioto can throw it some here, just need to finish drives. Darby is more consistent , Scioto a bit faster and possibly more explosive ? Haven't seen Scioto at full strength .

I have to take Darby to win but Scioto to cover Darby 20 Scioto 17

Coffman at UA LP Line Coffman - 9

tis one is always close, as I have pointed out in detail in my summary of the last decade in the series. UA with no chance to tie for the league title may not have that edge? I think that is true , but they will be fine if they get off to a good start and the incentive and motivation will kick in .

Coffman really doesn't want to share the league title with Davidson . The Rocks are a bit dinged tonight , pretty much locked into the 4 seed and a home date with Olentangy if they win tonight over WESTY C.

A lot can happen tonight , this game other than Coffman wanting the league title by their lonesome is a bit devoid of drama as is the norm in this series . I do think despite this , the game will be crisply played and the Rocks will play hard with a bit more incentive here. Sturdivant ran wild in 2015 vs UA and Casey Kirk ran really well last year in a huge comeback win . Will it be Cam Scott's turn tonight ? Hmm , if UA tries to load the box can the Rocks take advantage?

UA throws the ball more than Coffman does , and I expect the to air it out 30 + times tonight and we will see how much the Rock syou9nger Secondary has improved?

I like the Rocks to control things more than not , not by a huge margin but significant enough to get the win and enjoy the bus ride back and start getting ready to host a game week 11 finish at 8-2 and as league champs .

Coffman 23 UA 14
Old 10-27-17, 02:29 PM
All World

Quote:
Sometimes a program suddenly upgrades the schedule and they don’t have the same team as they had and they get beat and may be don’t make the playoffs . I’m sure the Jags may be thinking of this , but will they have the team ? I think the future looks good overall , they will continue to have may be the most talent in the district . Is Bradley a destination school For the pitch and catch crowd of players ?
I think the overall athletic talent here in Hilliard is fairly evenly distributed (looking at intra-district matchups and All-Sports standings, etc.), and I think that includes football. Yes, I know Bradley is the 'basketball school', Darby is the 'baseball school' and Davidson might have the slight edge overall athletically. For football, it could and probably will be cyclical, if you're already looking all the way down to the frosh and middle schools. A couple of high level transfers could tip the balance, though, and that is where Bradley's style could give it the edge w/ regards to football.

Last edited by BGFalcons86; 10-27-17 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-27-17, 10:43 PM
All World

Congrats to Coffman tonight for the win. Hats off to UA for making the 'Rocks work hard for this one. Great week 10 rivalry.
Old 10-28-17, 04:26 AM
All World

Yes great effort from UA tonight, tough year for them injuries hurt them but they showed a lot last night . Coffman really was sloppy { 3 fumbles , onside kick early in the given up so another turnover a couple inopputune penalties , not handling punts you name it there was some slop } two nice drives killed by fumbles , poor execution . UA played hard and well at times there three picks were all on deep throws two right at the end into the end zone and one long heave before the end of the half that acted like a punt

Rocks once again almost blew a game because they couldn't run out the clock . In both this year { Gahanna the other game} cases they were in shape to end the game and someone moves before the snap { For the first time all game } putting them from 2nd and 4 to 2nd and 9 and they miss the first down by a yard and a half . Then incredibly had the punt blocked with under a minute left, great effort by UA kid , didn't get in clean but kid leaped got hand on it in front of the last few blockers in front of the punter .

Really asserted themselves in the third I must say and controlled the action scoring twice , {second came early in the 4th} then holding on . UA has some nice younger players and they played very hard and focused , Rocks had about a quarter and a half may be of decent play , but a win is a win .
Old 10-28-17, 08:15 AM
Varsity

Scrumper is on a distinguished road
Play was sloppy for sure. The 2 missed field goal attempts for UA really hurt them. Would have changed game. But, with the players that were missing, I'll take the W. would like to see stats. Our defense was out there a lot.

Just hope we get healthy enough before Friday. Go ROCKS!
Old 10-28-17, 09:43 AM
Freshman

Mylo is on a distinguished road
Was working last night but from what I heard I missed a good one...Congrats to the boys on their OCC Title!!!!! #GoRocks
Old 10-28-17, 11:13 AM
All World

Defense held up which is why Rocks won . How do you become league champs ? Letting up an average of 5.6 points a game in conference is how and why they won it.

Central conference is down this year , just two years ago five play-off teams, that included Liberty who is no longer in the loop . This year ONE and of course if Liberty was still on board they make it to but it's a drop.

If you really look closely , the Rocks defense has been snap for snap very good . TD given up vs Marysville was basically just a one play long pass , they all count but they gave up zero drives for any points to the bottom of the league M-Ville { 7 } CC and Westland scored zero PROBABLY SAYS AS MUCH OR MORE ABOUT THEM than the Rocks but it is what it is .

Two rival games UA did miss two field goals of the short variety but they weren't off long drives . Their TD was a nice mixture of run and pass emphasizing the run , but really shot them down in the second half , gave up one drive late and that's it , may be Ben Frye face timed them at the half , but they came out much better and sound.

Davidson scored 14 , but kind of flukey , 21 yard drive after a Rocks fumble on first play of the game and a prayer of some kind half back pass that was thrown into almost triple coverage on 4th down but Rocks guys turned the wrong way and missed the ball that really should have been batted down easily . And that's it , that's the way the won the conference .

THE BAD AND UGLY from last night

Defense gets off the field quickly 3 and out on first series of the game . Bears have a good punter but the Rocks who just may be the WORST PUNT RETURN team in the state bar none of curse don't dare catch the ball never mind try to return it and happily it seems start at their own five . This is maddening , I thought it was just a stop gap thing to start the season, you know NEVER RETURN A PUNT because you are using your QB to do it ? Well they have never bothered to try to return even one punt that I have seen all year.

Well until last night , punt was high return guy didn't catch it of course and it rolled right to him he HAD TO CATCH IT and of course got snowed under because the guy near him hasn't practiced blocking anyone on a punt return all year so he whiffed and basically didn't think he had to maybe . Not a good enough team to not ever attempt to improve field position EVER by returning a punt and often LOSE FIELD POSITION by being inept .

Three fumbles lost all of them , 2 of them likely cost them some points one should have cost them points against but a missed 25 YD FG saved them. Very poor effort out of the gate and lucky to be down only 7 . Oh and after UA scored their TD they went Hilliard Davidson circa 2015 after taking that same lead . They onside kicked it down the middle and of course got the ball that gaffe didn't hurt them either fortunately another missed short FG.

7-0 at the half and getting the ball to start it felt pretty good considering . I really felt at that point the Rocks would win because they had played poorly and only down 7 they would surely play better be a little sharper and UA would run out of emotion and probably felt frustrated at only being up 7 .

Onto the second half and I will lead with

THE GOOD { but there is some more bad or ugly as well }

Rocks assert themselves on the ground, start getting a push , are ready to play. Move the ball inside the 25 and fumble again , I will say it was a result of the back fighting for more yards so a unfortunate effort fueled mistake .

Defense starts really stuffing the run in the third getting off the field quickly a couple times , and the offense starts moving it again on their second possession getting a couple first down to mid field and then scored on a third and about 7 if I remember right on a 8-10 yard hookup with rarely thrown to H-Back Holcomb who with the first down secured turned up field and rumbled through tacklers for a 51 yard TD . Holcomb was again pancaking some kids last night blocking and caught 3 or was it 4 balls ? for nice first downs or the TD . UA defensive backs weren't going to bring down 250 pound Holcomb easily as he swatted them away like an uncle playfully pushed aside a gaggle of little nephews in the backyard .

Rocks again on the move and on another key must have play on the next drive , hit Holcomb again off play action as he is wide open behind the LB'S in front of the safety's and rumbles again inside the 10 Rocks score on 4th and goal from about the one and half YD Line BARELY getting in the end zone to go up 14-7 .

Bears go on a long drive starting at their 20 and getting to the Rocks 25 mixing an option type run offense with some nicely designed throws to guys in softer parts of the zone a couple key passes kept things going . Rocks stiffened a bit and Bears threw one out of a bit of desperation into the end zone and it got picked off.

That drive tool a huge amount of time off the clock so the Rocks have to a great chance to run out the clock . Bears have two TO'S left. Rocks Cam Scott who ran hard all night gets a first down on the first play , a bit unfortunate in this particular situation as 2nd and short is probably better clock wise , but they get a 6 yard run to set up 2nd and 4 . So like the Gahanna game they get a key 5 yard false start penalty lineman jumped the snap , setting it back to 2nd and 9 just miss the first down but no big deal Bears are out of TO'S and the Rocks can punt it and the odds are long that UA was going to be able to score a TD and tie or go for the win .

Rocks as we saw against Davidson don't make it easy on themselves ,and the punt is blocked, not the traditional guy comes off the edge and blocks it and the ball goes backwards towards your end zone variety , it was a tall defensive lineman with long arms { Jackson Ness a good Junior } getting a piece of it, it went forward and the ball was contested and Bears had the ball around the 35 .

Not much time though and on 3rd down I believe Sass gets flushed and throws it deep to the end zone for his favorite receiver Rushin , who get his hands on it but a Rocks defender grabs his arm a bit and he can't pull it in .

Well they call pass interference on the play and I am not being a homer here when I say the guy blew that call . There WAS interference with the receiver catching the ball and contact but it cam AFTER or right when the ball hit the kids hands and that makes it OK TO MAKE FULL CONTACT and the Rocks defender made a bit of contact causing the incompletion . That was what I saw right in front of me. The ref threw the flag when seeing that arm getting hit but it was OK to do it because it came after the ball hit his hands , it was bang bang but he missed it . This call is what I feel HS Refs have the most trouble with and get wrong the most both ways.

Anyway Bears have very little tie but the ball is now on the 20 , Key play is Sass under pressure runs the ball from instinct but doesn't get the first down so the clock keeps running under 10 seconds I thought they would be able to clock the ball with a few seconds left and at least call a play and communicate without the TO to have a better last second chance , But they snapped it in time and got the play off but Rocks covered it well and picked off another one to end the game .

Team showed heart , Ernst threw some nice balls Holcomb was great and a key Scott ran hard but Rocks were very predictable and he took some big hits , Senior Garrett Bajec had his best game with a few nice catches . Some new guys got their feet wet or were put into the fire or some other cliché and came out a bit bloodied but not unbowed , at one point they had a Freshman Two Sophs and a Junior all first year players in the secondary and they held up well . Need to get a couple guys back next week and hopefully they will .

Got really cold and more windy in the second half temp dropped during the bands playing , I mean really dropped .

Week 11 nothing to hold back , I think using the TE -HB was a nice development and there is o reason to hold anything back next week , hopefully the health gets better and the guys can come back who are keys on both sides of the ball and they get some redemption from a previous loss like they did last year in round one vs Davidson . Olentangy got beat up 35-0 last year at Coffman and got their revenge with a well earned victory , Rocks got beat up also but not nearly as bad as that snap for snap this year in Lewis Center and they can get some satisfaction from playing better at home executing better, taking much better care of the ball and getting a nice win and taking a few swings at top dog Whitmer hopefully
Old 10-28-17, 04:08 PM
All American

I like Coffman's chances at winning this region.

I see them coming out hungry in Week 11 to get some payback. Objectively, Lorain is terrible. Gahanna is inconsistent and about due for a train wreck. Jerome has done as well as they can expect this year - they'll lose to Liberty worse than they lost to Orange. Just a physical mismatch.

Week 12 - Whitmer doesn't impress me, and I think their record is misleading due to SOS. Coffman is strong all around and, unless they shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly, will control this game from the outset. The other two Olentangies are about equal and that game could go either way.

Week 13 - Rock vs Tangy A or B. This will be a great game. Expecting that tough D to be the edge in this one.
Old 10-30-17, 01:14 PM
Junior Varsity

LSpartans is on a distinguished road
Don't expect any more wins from you Dublin Team. Should not have won the UA game and really are not very athletic and explosive as they have been in the past. Love to stay updated by one of my favorites (HARRYCRANE) about central Ohio and OCC football but I think you are drinking the Coffman Koolaide!
UA jammed it right down Coffmans throat with an average line at best and two 3rd string RB's and the Sass kid has the best arm in the league (I was on the field and that ball comes out of his arm and you can hear it cutting the wind, I hear he committed for baseball and we might be seeing him pitch on TV someday) and they did not use him half as much as they should have. The 2 best athlete's on the field for both teams were the UA QB and #3 Rush kid. Even thought he dropped 2 TD passes (tough catches in coverage did you see video of the catch he had at Central high school the week before)...UA also missed 2 kicks that were from very close range. The other point that UA fans are making on twitter is the go ahead forth and 1 TD that was not a touchdown...go ahead and look at it laying on his backside outside of the end zone then breaking the plane. All this against a UA team that had the wind let out of their sails that day by finding out a kid was ineligible and they had to forfeit games....tough on the seniors....Harrycrane....maybe I am drinking the UA Koolaide and I would love for the OCC Central to move through the playoffs like Dublin and Hilliard has done in the past....but I just dont see it....and UA will be watching from home AGAIN!
Old 10-30-17, 02:19 PM
All World

What Coffman koolaide? Where I am saying that Coffman is explosive and a juggernaut or a lock to win the game on Friday?

All due respect Spartan but never implied anything else except my honest opinions about the game as I always do. You can disagree with the assessment but it is what it is .

Have seen the hurt upper classman UA kids , the younger guys are about as good quite frankly IMO.

Most explosive player on the field would have been Coffman's Mike Drennan who dressed but sat out and has unfortunately missed most of the season , he is one of the top 3-4 ranked Sophomores in Ohio . Hopefully he goes this week . Best all arou9nd football plyer IMO who also missed the game for Coffman was Griffin Hoak the signal caller on defense and may be as hard a hitter pound for pound in CO.

One of the missed FG'S came on a turnover deeper in Coffman territory , and " IF " they ran it down their throat most of the game "{ they didn't } the score multiple TD'S don't they ? If Hoak is in the middle they stop running those Davidson like Option pitches and middle dives because Hoak would have blown them up .

Anyway it is well documented by myself in this space that the team isn't as explosive this season. No returning receivers the best on hurt 90- percent of the year , the other one with some experience plays QB.

I Didn't see two dropped TD passes myself , but saw every play of the game , I saw kid not coming down with the ball after being well covered . I saw Coffman playing very poorly and very sloppily no question , but I wouldn't say UA should have won they COULD have won but again THEY WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO SCORE TOUCHDOWNS , and they gave up two TD drives and Coffman didn't and that's what won the game .

I think you SHOULD have won the Davidson game , that game you might have bene the better team, but you weren't better on Friday . Coffman had some folks out also but i like UA'S younger guys i think they have potential . UA to me played with more emotion than Coffman did in the first half , so they got some air on sale for those sails it seemed . Good luck in the offseason and going into camp , should be another close game next year between these two as always .

Finally , if you do play UA should have socred more or dropped TD passes Coffman left some points on the field as well with fumbles { twice}
after driving the ball a bit