Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-31-17, 06:23 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I guess the coaching edge may not have been incorporated as large as it should have , NA has talent , but I like Bradley's match-up advantages outside , NA D-B's a bit small and Taylor and Anderson are a great tandem .

Sam does a very good job over there, his kids play with smarts and discipline, Bradley should win by two scores but will they ?

Usually when in doubt in a close match-up you take Davidson and you are often right as we know , but this is a gut feeling, I agree Davidson O-line might be OK at some point , can't really take much from the GC game, a winless team that is better this year but has a new coach , even with the coaching upgrade it is always a challenge for kids to learn new things from a different coach , unless you have real top notch talent or a lot of experience and the longtime assistant gets the job there is a learning curve transition period. Like any new job any of has had always a learning period even if experienced in that field..

Darby is desperate I think they have more talent even if just a bit and experience over Davidson, but I agree if they don't take care of the ball they can't win .

Really happy for the kids there, football is a grind and is tough enough when you are doing OK , but when you never win it has to be brutal. Only played football in HS, { Baseball in college} and fortunately through Pop Warner to High school never played on a losing team and a couple undefeated ones , can't imagine how tough that must have been for kids going to practice ever day never wining on Friday night.
Old 08-31-17, 06:34 PM
All World

Forgot about UA - Westy Central.

UA at Westy Central - know Bears personnel OK from being a Coffman opponent and just saw WC up close for a half anyway against Coffman . Was not real impressed with WC for the first 15 minutes of the scrimmage as Coffman controlled it, ran it down their throats going up 14-0 , but they played better after that connecting on a long TD pass getting another couple nice gains in the passing game and scoring again 17-17 . Coffman IMO wins in a real game as they would have likely worn them down in the second half .

UA got beaten up by Wayne but you can't take too much from a scrimmage , not sure of the overall context and dynamics , from what the Wayne folks have said the Warriors staff wasn't happy with Wayne's first two forays in the pre-season and they played more fired up perhaps? Not sure, but was a bit surprised by the margin .

St Chuck's is BAD , no other way to put it , Jacoby experiment isn't working and I think that may be culture wise it's just not going to work in terms of ST Chazz getting enough horses to have a real good team at any point .

So to me it's tough to handicap this one , I think UA is a bit better here, but last years game was close and I have a feeling WC will be fired up to even their record , a bit desperate like Darby , week two this type of dynamic can work to one team's advantage over another team that rolled in their opener.

Tough one to call , last years game was tight this one should be too

UA 23 WC 16
Old 09-03-17, 05:08 PM
All World

Onto week three , learning a bit more about some teams and what their potential may be .

Coffman needs to work out some kinks on offense especially , only had a bit over 200 yards against Scioto who played very hard, their defensive front especially. Good effort by the Irish , they will be better when they get their offensive skill guys back. Their lack of a run game was the reason they couldn't score , Rocks sat back and waited to pick off deeper passes because they didn't have to commit too many to stopping the run.

Not having Kyron Rogers at QB hurts them as they are forced to use Jaden Penn at Qb instead of as a weapon outside or in the backfield . Young kid Tobias Thomas has some nice shake and moves , hopefully they get some kids back for Thursday in a winnable game vs, Big Nut .

Coffman didn't run the ball particularly well , and they didn't really need to go too far to score most of the night so the low yardage and the running clock my 3rd Quarter helped keep the totals down , but their needs to be some definite growth in the next two weeks of practice before going over to Lewis Center to face Olentangy .

I am not sure they are utilizing Holcomb really well , unless you are going to use the H-Back as a frequent ball catcher in your scheme, why use your best Offensive lineman there? I have to say I don't get it . And he is also one of your top al arou9nd football players as well and you don't use him much if at all on defense? I think of an H-Back who you don't utilize in the pass game as a marginal athlete who can block , period, not one of your best football players .

Obviously the offensive numbers will improve when they get Drennan back who hasn't played at all yet after spraining his ankle in the Westy Central scrimmage. He is probably due back for a some reps this week in the Canada game , hopefully being pretty ready to go for week 4 .

Gahanna comes to Coffman Stadium in week 5 and they look really solid, we knew they would on offense but their defense has been a surprise . Again that game is a huge mid term exam it seems. Seems like they have taken a step, losing some kids on defense but improving their play on defense so far anyway.

Ernst's running ability is impressive, his knack for escaping pressure is something that can be utilized when the receivers gets better at getting open , may be a few big plays downfield .

Linebacker play as expected has been excellent , Seniors Hoak , Crabtree , and Boateng have been really solid and complement each other well as players with different styles Junior Backer Hamilton has made plays as well and can cover well more of a hybrid LB , Corner and Safety .

Lots of work to do, Offensive line has to improve steadily like the 2013 unit did that was pretty much all new as well but by season's end was a good solid unit . DB'S also have that potential but the young group needs experience and they also should be pretty good later in the year
Old 09-03-17, 10:21 PM
All Ohio

OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Kind of hard to gauge what to expect as the first two games don't tell much based on the opponent strength. Olentangy and Gahanna will paint a descent picture. I am thinking though that Coffman will move through the season undefeated until Davidson week. Coffman should win that one also but this rivalry you never know.

The only tests for Coffman this regular season will be Olentangy, Gahanna and Davidson. UA won't be the contest it has in past years. Worst case scenario I see will be 9-1, but I am betting on a 10-0 regular season at Coffman.
Old 09-04-17, 10:06 AM
Varsity

Scrumper is on a distinguished road
I agree with OCC guy. I think litmus check will be Olentangy and Gahana. Playing Olentangy at there place will be playoff atmosphere. Because it kinda is. This game I believe will play a big role in seeding later on. Then Gahana th following week at Coffman.

I expect Coffman's run defense to be strong with only showing 6 in the box, bringing 7 early. This leading to better field position, and a couple of early scores. This scenario seems to be this year's MO. I don't see much to alter that thought for Olentangy. Gahanna, will be different, I expect them to challenge Coffman's DBs early and often. The question here will be can we get to the QB fast enough to keep passes short or enough pressure to force incomplete passes. This game will also greatly effect seeding later on.

But, if Coffman can win both of these games, I see an undefeated season, and a number 1 seed in region 2, playing a 7-3 Jerome to open a rivalry that makes the schedule for a number of years.
Old 09-04-17, 06:20 PM
All Ohio

I know I know I know it is too early. But at what it looks like at this time, Coffman and Pick Central should both finish at the top of the OCC. Coffman is my backyard, but I don't think we got enough to compete with Pick Central come playoff time.

I think Pick Central can hang with anybody this year.
Old 09-04-17, 08:02 PM
Varsity

Well, we did scrimmage Pick central. And from one I know well, he expected more. But we may see. And that would be great.
I like our front 7-8 against anyone. I know it is early and Coffman hasn't played great competition yet, but I really like what each individual brings to the Defense. They bring more pressure than I thought that would, which in turn makes the younger DBs that much more effective.

Our offense has not been tested with a good defense yet. So, we must wait until the 2 game playoff of Olentangy and Gahana games. Until then I can think how cool it would be to pitch 5 or more gooseeggs in a row.
Old 09-05-17, 08:40 AM
All World

Defense is ahead of the offense as expected , a unique defense that has worked together well so far but big tests await.

Front 7 is good , Bagozzi at nose is an excellent anchor , tough to move , Coffman record in the squat ( 500 pounds +) Darius Cummings is a running back playing D-end about 5-7 200 pounds his speed gives olineman fits . Never gives up on plays could be a lead running back on some teams .

Junior Gill at about 6-3 240 or so is more your typical D end frame is progressing from what I saw in the preseason they are coaching him hard , his name was constantly being barked , he seems to be learning .

LB"s are an excellent group as I have pointed out numerous times , if you can't throw it much or have that' threat good luck churning out yards on the ground .

Central is best team in CO. Talent experience size and speed not much if anything that they fine have personnel wise , different region no need to worry really about that match-up right now
Old 09-05-17, 09:37 AM
Varsity

I don't think 500lb squat is record. But, coaches would prefer he not do any more. Gavin S can match squat. The off season work put in by team is very evident.

Enjoy this early season wave young men, do not become satisfied with your current accomplishments. This is a great step for this team. Finish the game this week. Then cram for the a very difficult 2 weeks ahead. This team could leave a lasting mark on Coffman football.
Old 09-05-17, 09:58 AM
All World

Team is known for a strong work ethic , I assumed it was a record with kids getting a bit stronger and bigger , Gavin I know is a stud with the iron didn't know he matched that squat.

I agree about tempering that a bit . Many players have improved in the off season in strength , speed and size. Seniors have set a great example for younger players to follow which is something that is common and neccesssfy in strong successful programs
Old 09-05-17, 05:33 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Coffman should be good hosts for our Canadian brethren this week. I was at the game back in '09 when they played one and that was a fun game. That '09 Coffman team was coming off of the Herbstreit demolition of O-lib and was playing at a very high level. If I remember correctly Crabby actually declined an offensive penalty to allow a TD to stand for the Canadian team. If my memory on that is correct, it was definitely a classy move. Coffman was in a 4-5 week stretch where their defense was just incredible that year. Including shutting down LeVeon Bell and an (at the time) undefeated Groveport team I believe.

Anyway, I don't know if this Canadian team is like that one. They had some athletic kids and some size but just didn't have the whole package. I think they got called for about a half dozen illegal motion penalties and then the refs started sort of turning a blind eye to it. I understand some of the current Canadian teams making the trip south are tougher than they used to be and are more quasi-All Star teams. Nonetheless, I'd expect Coffman to do well, work some kinks out, and get healthy for what should be some good challenges in weeks 4-5.
Old 09-06-17, 08:00 PM
All World

They had a really solid defense in 2009, wasn't real physically imposing but very smart and was a fairly quick instinctive defense . Ran a 4-3 back then , with a scrappy overachieving group up front . Sr's Brusadin and Durthaler at D-Tackles were just under 6 feet tall and about 225 230 pounds ,Jr's at DE were Carrico at 250 and Phelps at just 200 pounds .

LB'S were real good led by Buehler in the middle who was the leading tackler and leader 6-0 215 Frazier was stout at about 5-11 225 and Robinson was athletic at 6-1 200 .

John Wurm at safety who played at Eastern Illinois with Patriots back-up QB Jimmy Garroplo was a big hitter at safety at 6-1 205 , Connor Viers was also a very smart excellent defender another leader on the team . Jr. Woodforde and Sr. Happ also played in the secondary . Excellent group .

Lost in the regional final to Davidson , handed Davidson only loss that year in the regular season as they went on to win the State title.

Team lost Stoudt at QB in week 7 or 8 ? and LB Buehler in first quarter of first play-off game , team kind of peaked early somewhat as a result of losing QB and defensive leader , but it was a fun group to watch and finished at 12-1 , including an epic goal line stand vs Westerville South in round two .

Leveon ran over a few guys but overall the Rocks were just a lot better than Groveport that year , beat them 51-7 .
Old 09-06-17, 08:11 PM
All World

Speaking of LB'S and crew's it's early but this group of Linebackers may be the best I have watched play at Coffman , not saying they are the best in Coffman history , I haven't seen them all , but a real productive tough group .

Hoak who I feel should have gotten a few D-1 offers is going to Youngstown State which is one of the top 1-AA programs in the country as most know, took Pitt to overtime on Saturday , is a tough run stuffer and runs better than most realize, sturdy at 6-1 220 , Crabtree at 6-2 220 is a bit faster and pays a different style, covers the field really well has a few offers Colorado State is the highest level one , Jeslord Boateng 6-2 220 is the fastest and most dynamic athlete of the group which earned him a Mich State offer which he accepted verbally among about 15 or so more offers . 4TH LB is Jr Hamilton who goes 5-11 190 or so , kind of a hybrid DB -LB in the 3-4 scheme , can paly safety as well .

Team is tough to run on , be interesting to see how they do against Olentangy in week 4 and Gahanna in week 5 who can run it and throw it and has everyone back . I expect better from the Braves than 35-0 , should be a really good one .

Rocks need to match the emotion initially of the revenge fueled veteran team on the road and if they do hang in early and get their bearings , they should do well . hopefully well enough to win, if Braves do win they will have to really earn it and pay a physical price, that much I do know
Old 09-06-17, 08:57 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
LB'S were real good led by Buehler in the middle who was the leading tackler and leader 6-0 215 Frazier was stout at about 5-11 225 and Robinson was athletic at 6-1
Robinson had the hardest hit I've ever witnessed in a high school football game at the Herbie that year. Absolutely demolished a player from Liberty on a punt return crack back type hit. Simply devastating. Totally legal at the time, but it was one of those that are a point of emphasis now.
Old 09-06-17, 09:34 PM
All World

Are you sure that wasn't Buehler? I remember that punt return. The hit echoed through the shoe like a cannon shot. Prompted many oohs immediately , I recollect Buehler but I could be wrong but you never forget that sound . Pound for pound I think John Wurm was the heaviest hitter on the team .
Old 09-07-17, 06:07 AM
All Ohio

The talent is always here, just not sure if we play down sometimes as in taking a game for granted or what. I really anticipate this regular season going 10-0.
Old 09-07-17, 07:16 AM
All World

I think that perception that they lose frequently to lesser teams is specious. Simply not supported by the results and facts .

Has it happened ? YES, but now I am doing this off the top of my head , my memory is very good, but going back the last 10-15 years I can only remember a few times they lost a football game to a team they were clearly better than.

Two years ago Central Crossing was a debacle, in control the whole way up three scores late , a few weird big plays a few bad bounces onside kick whiff , 10 holding calls , just a mess .

2012 Davidson play-off game was a disaster as well , regular season game was 33-10 for the Rocks a total beatdown 33-3 late TD by Davidson , just a mismatch on that night and Rocks clearly better that year

Round one week 11 the Rocks take a 7-0 lead and then throw up on themselves basically the rest of the night until a late drive cut it to 17-14 which it ended at. 4-0 turnover margin Davidson only scored with short fields starting in Coffman territory after turnovers . DISASTER was a potential Final four team , Pick North and Coffman were the best teams, scrimmaged each other was even . Davidson lost by three touchdowns to North in regional final because they had no turnover margin they weren't good enough without it to beat a good team that year . Sorry that is the truth Davidson homers.

Losing in the play-offs to an undefeated 14 D-1 player number 4 in the country ST X by 3 isn't underachieving the only team to outgain them from scrimmage all year , Wayne three times, with only one year being in Wayne's class {2014 game was very competitive } Colerain , Westerville South when the Rocks were a bit overmatched up front couldn't stop the run IN 2010, An excellent 2011 Pick C team was a bad beatdown a team that was loaded and lost in the state final . Not exactly losing to stiff's I mean they were better than Davidson in 2012 but it's still Davidson and having to beat them twice, yes they underachieved that year at the end of the day ,but Davidson is pretty good in second games after being handled in game vs Rocks as they showed in a close loss in 2014 after being beaten fairly soundly in week 4 .

Losing to Troy early on in Crabby's tenure was a bad loss to a team they were better than { 2006} , the next year they beat them by 40 . But not a ton of these type games.

Kilbourne in 2008 was a bad loss but that was a play off team, Rocks laid an egg and in the end it cost them the play-offs after losing by a point to UA in week 10 , a few dropped passes that might have been for scores and gave up a few big plays as well . Lost by 10 to a team they should have been able to beat in that situation . or could have beaten

Got harbined a bit as well that year which was the last time they missed the play-offs ,lost by 4 to Davidson 1 to UA and 10 to WK CAME I 10TH IN THE REGION were definitely better than a few teams that made it in so they did underachieve probably .

But overall the perception is greater than the reality , just as Coffman not being a good defensive program, defense has been very good more than most realize over the years , getting pounded a few times in the play-offs by state level teams adds to that perception it must be said but they do a better job most years on that side of the bal than most realize
Old 09-07-17, 08:02 AM
All World

Week 3

As I thought my score predictions were more accurate , had the right winner in most games again which isn't as hard obviously lost with YOTW who is now 2-0 looking to go to 3-0 and probably will which is surreal , and UA was ahead going into the 4th but had a disastrous 4th and Westy C made some plays and pulled away .

Onto week three

Jerome at Orange - Orange got some good news Harrison " Only" has an MCL sprain , not the feared ACL tear. 2-6 weeks is the prognosis . I unfortunately am well versed in knew issues as my child had an MCL sprain among other knew problems { Later tore the ACL } And was out just under a month but that was only because the team was playing in the state Semi's and later the final , so she got back earlier but not 100 percent , this is a Month injury at least the two week thing is not happening or shouldn't . Glad this top 2019 prospect is relatively OK. Country Clubbers are rebuilding, Orange has a real good defense , Jerome had less offense than Darby had last week . OUCH , Orange 23 Dub Muirfield 6

WS Ibbies at Darby - Darby offense couldn't get out of it's own way literally , looking at some of the tape on SR ,it was ugly , props to a solid Davidson defense I guess but they operate at a very slow pace , just ugly really , may be the halfback pass that they scored on against Olentangy comes back ? South isn't always the most responsible assignment wise . Darby gained 77 yards of offense and WON Wow just Wow . Should be a good one Darby 16 Ibbies 14 Safety wins it after an errant snap on a punt near the goal line .

Groveport at YOTW - Folks around the town square are walking arou9nd with a litte more bounce and their chests out a bit . 3-0 ? Comparative score analysis doesn't always work but in this case the disparity is glaring . GVM got waxed by 27 and shutout by Westy North, YOTW beat that same North team handily scoring 40 + points ? YIKES that doesn't say much for GPM offense now does it ? Leveon Bell isn't walking through that door and suiting up , But how does Tommy W handle success? Well for this week anyway , rumor has it that happy Hour extended until 11.00 pm at the Powdered Wig tavern if they win YOTW 28 GPM 14

Trotwood at PC - TWM always has athletes , so does PC , PC is at home and confident after wining two out of state games vs really good opponents , PC 31 TWM 16

Elder at Gahanna - interesting game to say the least , Gahanna defense looks really good, we knew the offense was going to be solid but weren't sure about the D, this game is a test no question, Elder will be tested as well , should be really close Elder faces a gauntlet the next few weeks ED'S , IGGY , ST X in a row . Fire the schedule maker? Elder 23 Gahanna 22

Have the rest shortly
Old 09-07-17, 08:51 AM
All District

Iluvftball is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Harrycrane;6825865]Onto week three , learning a bit more about some teams and what their potential may be .

Everybody for Scioto is back!(All Skill/DB's) Watching practice Tuesday you can already see the difference the 5 players are making with thier speed, athleticism and knowledge of the scheme. The kids that filled in for the 2 games tried their hardest but just are not as big, fast or experienced as the guys they were replacing. Penn is back at Slot/DB. Tobias Thomas is going to be good. He will be the only Soph skill guy who will stay on Fridays.

Those guys getting their first action tonight are all Angry with the way the season started. Big Walnut will have their hands full with some Angry guys who are looking to show they are way better than week 1 and 2 now they are back, add the fact that it is a TV game will have those guy even more Pumped. We got to get back on track tonight and with everyone back there can be no more excuses. Plus I am a happy Dad, FINALLY get to see my son play! Those 2 weeks felt like a month.

Good luck to Rocks tomorrow night.
Old 09-07-17, 09:15 AM
All World

So what was the Problem{s} injury ? Discipline ? I know the QB was injured , you of course don't have to answer, just curious , glad Irish got the guys back and your boy back , you should win tonight for sure. Kilbourne is down and they beat this team , no reason you shouldn't .

It is the first game for some key guys though, are the problems/ Injury's behind them ? Thought the Irish competed well considering the obstacles , will watch some but the Patriots are also on tonight ,may be tape it good luck to the Irish
Old 09-07-17, 10:02 AM
Varsity

Good luck to the Irish, hope you win out.
Old 09-07-17, 12:13 PM
All World

Week 3 continued

Olentangy at BURG - Last years game was WILD . Burg finds ways to lose game sometimes , like the New Albany game , talent levels are similar , but Solis over White = about a TD or so R-Burg a bit more talent but ?? . Tangy 28- 24

Davidson at Bradley -

I handicap College football and the NFL at a pretty high level , you can't bet HS football but you can handicap it and while it's a very different animal some fundamentals of the process of breaking down games stay the same.

Cal Preps has this as Bradley - 26 points , and Louie Pasteur 50 has it at a mere 10 points .

Don't have access to their computers, , I am old school I don't have a program that I print out to help me or guide me , I use the same basic information and use computers for research and use some numbers but it isn't a math problem or science it's more art . For me anyway.

So I see some thinking this game will be close, a dandy , exciting, a top game of the week. Now the game is played by 15-18 year old's , on a given day anything can happen of course but this game fundamentally is fairly easy to handicap .

You start off by looking at the team's history against each other, . It's a short history obviously , but I will look more closely to last year's contest .

Davidson got off to a quick start and was able to run the ball down their throats early up two TD'S and Royer ended up with 170 yards rushing . Long story much shorter , is Bradley came back by spreading HD out and passing the ball effectively.

31-28 final with Bradley moving the ball down the field at the end of the game and making the field goal . Anderson was a Junior receiver who had 15 catches for almost 200 yards, this was done without Kory Taylor the even more heralded receiver who was hurt for the year .

So Davidson scored 28 points last year against this team AND LOST , how many times does that happen ? They scored that total against a Bradley defense that was younger and not as experienced as this year's group who returns 7 starters . Davidson on the other hand doesn't have Ryan Royer and had a much more experienced offense last year than they have this year. Evidence was clear last week the Cats managed only two first downs in the second half against a good not dominate Darby defense. this was with the game in the balance , couldn't score more than 3 points in regulation .

So can you expect Davidson to churn out first downs this week against a defense that is at least in Darby's league this year? Conversely Bradley's offense now has Taylor along with 7 other starters back going against a more inexperienced Davidson defense ? In the secondary LAST YEARS group that had experience and more talent gave up 31 to Bradley who returns most of their guys . hmmmm ,

Davidson's last two offensive games against good solid program defenses has scored 6 points in 8 quarters of football , Coffman in last year's play-off game and Darby last week . Going back a little further Coffman they beat 7-6 and they scored only 3 vs Liberty in week 4 last year and that was with LAST YEARS offense and Ryan Royer ?

Can they REASONABLY be expected to score even 14 this week while holding Bradley to less than half of what they got last year ? NO is the easy answer.

So fundamentally it's a mismatch , football match-up wise is fundamentally handicapping . SITUATIONALLY Davidson has revenge motive and is a bit more desperate at 1-1 and they have the coaching edge which I incorporate into the line , BUT those slight edges aren't enough when the bottom line personnel advantages are taken into account . I think Davidson will be a more effective offense next year and later in this year , but right now? Just isn't there , they aren't able to move the rock on the ground against good teams when the opponent ahs no fear of the pass game .
Pasteur 's line is too low, Cal Preps too high ? probably . Crane line I wrote down was 17 , exactly in the middle of those two is a coincidence , but more accurate I think .

Bradley 27- 10
Old 09-07-17, 01:05 PM
All World

Does anyone know off hand the last time Davidson scored 28 or even in the 20's and Lost { Last year vs Bradley] ? I mean even more shocking to me is holding a team to 77 yards of offense and LOSING the ball game { this year vs Darby } ? I am sure this ahs happened in a driving rain storm in a pile of Mud perhaps , but can anyone recall or know an example of a team WINNING a game gaining only 77 yards and giving up more than that ?

I suppose there is a game out there in terrible conditions where both team had anemic outputs and one of them had to win, but in decent conditions ? odds of losing a game giving up less than 20 yards a quarter ? Infinitesimal . This came against a team that gave up 40 + the week before{ Yes I know the turnovers gave short fields} .

Something not quite right with this to me, think Davidson will be better next year doing their thing, but in years like this to not even try to develop even a rudimentary passing game of say 7-10 passes in order to run more effectively is foolhardy . It isn't changing who you are fundamentally , it's more trying to be a better version of yourself, make use of modern technology , You can still live in the woods if you want but use matches , why beat those rocks against each other when you can't get a spark , if you go hungry it's on you.

Central Crossing at Grove city -

The back and forth between the fan bases is somewhat amusing, Grove Tucky , no CC is more Tucky like , no you are more crass than us . Kind of amusing . Good folks in both places , have met some real characters as well , Dukes may be the difference ? Don't know too much about either , GC improved with Dukes in week two against Tangy, Varney gets first win ? Yes I believe , OCC Central is down a bit .

G-Tucky - 20 C-Tucky 14

UA at Westy North -

Cutler is incensed I believe over another second half collapse , now last week's wasn't as bad as losing a 21 point lead vs Coffman in week 10 last year but he was pis#$ED off . Westy North was taken to may be not the woodshed by YOTW, but definitely to school.

UA 35 WN 12

M-Ville at Liberty - Liberty to be commended for hosting Wayne and M-Ville had their biggest beatdown win in a while over Delaware , Liberty refocuses and takes out some offensive frustration on the Monarchs . OL 34 M-Ville 10

Thursday Night Lights

Big Nut at Dub Sawmill - Irish Rats , off to a tough start , big game next week vs Jerome , can't afford to look past this week , on TV first win ? Key guys back ? Take no chances here. Kilbourne is down a bit , they beat this club in a close one Scioto is a couple TD'S better here DSRR 27 BW 13
Old 09-07-17, 01:47 PM
All World

Quote:
WS Ibbies at Darby - Darby offense couldn't get out of it's own way literally , looking at some of the tape on SR ,it was ugly , props to a solid Davidson defense I guess but they operate at a very slow pace , just ugly really , may be the halfback pass that they scored on against Olentangy comes back ? South isn't always the most responsible assignment wise . Darby gained 77 yards of offense and WON Wow just Wow . Should be a good one Darby 16 Ibbies 14 Safety wins it after an errant snap on a punt near the goal line .
I like this pick. I know KramerInc thinks the Ibbies will run circles around Darby, but I think Darby's discipline will be the difference here. South's defense will make up for any deficiencies in Darby's offense. I remember back in '14 when a high flying and undefeated Westy Central team with B-B-Benny & the Jets went in to Darby and got their rear ends handed to them and a lot of their guys had their pads off on the sidelines in the second half. To a lesser extent a similar thing happened the year before when an offensively loaded Westy South team went in to Darby with Abu Daramy, Torod Carter, the big TE who went to Kentucky, etc. and lost by almost 40 (I was at this one).

I made a bad call on Bradley vs. New Albany last week, so I could be wrong here too, but I like Darby in this one.
Old 09-07-17, 02:15 PM
All District

Iluvftball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So what was the Problem{s} injury ? Discipline ? I know the QB was injured , you of course don't have to answer, just curious , glad Irish got the guys back and your boy back , you should win tonight for sure. Kilbourne is down and they beat this team , no reason you shouldn't .

It is the first game for some key guys though, are the problems/ Injury's behind them ? Thought the Irish competed well considering the obstacles , will watch some but the Patriots are also on tonight ,may be tape it good luck to the Irish
My son and one other was disciplined for something they did last year. The other 3 were injured. KJ just told the paper everyone was injured.
Old 09-07-17, 02:44 PM
All World

Good to see your son and others back. Should be successful tonight. I'll be rooting for you all , should have enough tonite get the win some confidence back and some momentum to battle Jerome with an extra day of prep.
Old 09-08-17, 03:32 PM
All World

Nice work by Scioto, thought they would definitely win but by about two scores , well they won by more than that , the two defensive TD'S kind of skewed the margin but a good butt kicking just the same Offense scored over 40 themselves so nice job, I like their chances vs Jerome next week.

A lot skill over there , would have given Coffman some problems with a full offensive cast , don'[t think they win the game but make it interesting.

Jerome game should be a good one . Nice chance for entire staff to scout Jerome tonight as well .

Some games tonight that are the very early quasi play-off games , or if not that at least telling about who teams are and what their potential may be
Old 09-09-17, 09:52 AM
All Ohio

Really surprising night for the OCC. I was way off on my "for sure" picks. Went to the Pick Central game but wish I would have went to the Grove City game. I heard it was a barn stormer of excitement.

For me the only thing that went well was my Shamrocks continued to roll.
Old 09-09-17, 10:46 AM
Varsity

Was almost beginning to feel sorry for the team up north. All starters pulled mid way of the second. There were names being called I've never heard, which was great for those kids that may not have seen the field in 3 years. And we were still moving the ball, and stopping them.

Will be a test this week going up to brave country. This game will be a good measure of the team. Will the defense continue to roll? Can the offense still run the ball with 8 men in box? Will we see a passing attack? IMHO, yes,yes,and yes. The defense may not blank Olentangy offense, but will be strong and tuff to run on. The running game will demand enough attention to keep the safety close to LOS. Which should allow for some 1 on 1 openings for the WRs.
Old 09-11-17, 05:18 PM
All World

I agree this will be a real test for the Rocks. I wouldn't overreact to the Olentangy 31-7 loss to R-Burg thinking they aren't a good team .

Looking at the score only you can't just surmise that is the case , you have to see the context of the score . It was 10-7 with about 5 minutes left in the third quarter , Olentangy goes for it on 4th and 5 at about the 35 of R-burg , THEY GET STOPPED SHORT , R-burg seizes some momentum and scores on a long pass right after that .

Five different times the Braves were stopped on 4th down , the amount of momentum that gives the football team that stops those 4th downs is huge. Burg also scored on a long run after yet another 4th down stop and it was game set match.

R-burg to their credit played very cleanly and were focused and showed great improvement from week one when they really kind of let the New Albany slip away making a lot more mistakes than NA.

TANGY just had one of those nights and got beat by a talented team with some homerun hitters who took advantage of momentum and played very well .

R-Burg was also fired up after blowing a large lead last year at Tangy and losing by a point , They took care of business .

Solis was quoted after the game as saying his team was as unfocused as it has been in his 5 years at the school. He also said " Great week of practice " { Coach speak for hey we as a staff had em ready , but they crapped the bed} so you can be sure this week for Coffman he will stress focus and being ready .

Also losing like they did last year at Coffman Stadium is even more motivation obviously with most of the cast back this year , these kids remember the feeling of that loss where they pretty much got waxed .

Home turf , emotion, revenge , and last week's embarrassing loss is a recipe for a football team that will be up , motivated focused and ready to go , in a very early crucial game to their post season fortunes.

Coffman also has it's reasons for high motivation here, some obvious some not so much . Of course this is a prideful group of Seniors who have won a lot of football games as a group from 7th grade until this year and every game is pretty much crucial to getting where they want to go eventually. Tangy is a fellow R-2 team as well.

Rocks will have to try to match the Braves emotional level early, and weather that kind of storm if you will. Take some punches you haven't taken so far and be able to respond with some of your own. Have the attitude that there is nothing better than going on the road quieting the home side and showing your stuff.

Should be a lot of interest for this one over there , a quality opponent in a very meaningful game. Win it and the R-Burg loss is history , gone from your mind , you are in very good shape in R-2 .

Rocks biggest test up front , this club played according to some PC faithful very well against the Tigers in a scrimmage and were surprised with the R-Burg score. My thought is R-Burg has TALENT with a capital T ,and when playing clean focused smart football is very good and Tangy simply had a bad night and wasn't as sharp as R-Burg and it snowballed.

31-7 can look a few different ways. It can be Man vs Boys 21-0 at the half huge yardage disparity get it to 31-0 running clock and back-ups give up a late score to the opponents One's ,or somewhere in between that and Tangy's three point game and driving in R-Burg territory with 16 minutes or so left in the game .

Rocks have some guys back who played well last year , not as many guys back as Tangy but some who will be supremely motivated to get the job done on Friday and have the tools to do just that .