Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-11-16, 11:29 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Huber Heights Wayne 52 Dublin Coffman 10

Dublin Coffman (9-2) vs Huber Heights Wayne (10-0) played at London.

Coffman got the ball first but could not do a thing with it as they went 3 and out. Wayne drove down the field and had it 3rd and goal on the 1 but a penalty pushed them back and they had to settle for a Russell 24 yard FG. 3-0 Wayne. Wayne got another quick stop on defense but this time they fumbled the ball away giving Coffman great field position. The Wayne defense made the stop and the Rocks turned it over on downs. End of 1, Wayne 3 Coffman 0.

The 2nd qtr was all Wayne and a nightmare for Coffman. Wayne cashed in on their next drive as Pitts punched it in from 1 yard out. Coffman pinned at their own 2 could not move the ball nor did the clock move and they threw 3 straight incomplete passes. Less than a minute later Wayne was in the end zone with a McKee pass to Wilcox of 19 yards. 17-0 Wayne. Wayne extended it to 24-0 on a Pitts 12 yard run and make it 31-0 when Pitts cashed in again this time from 4 yards out. Coffman could not move the ball at all in the first half and a couple of turnovers did not help them either.

Running clock to start the 3rd but Wayne could not move the ball and was forced to punt. Coffman got great field position and following a pass interference penalty they were deep in Wayne's territory. The Wayne defense made a stand and the Rocks had to settle for a 36 yard FG as Dye made the kick. Wayne's next play from scrimmage Pitts took the hand off and went 77 yards for a TD to make it 38-3. Wayne made it 45-3 when Tyler Carter in for McKee threw a 14 yard strike to Davis for a TD.

Start of the 4th Coffman finally got a drive going the finished with a Solis TD reception of 18 yards from Hodgson. Wayne ended the scoring when Carter found Foster for 41 yards and a TD to make the final Wayne 52 Coffman 10.

Coffman __ 00 00 03 07 - 10
HH Wayne 03 28 14 07 - 52

Total Yards: Wayne 414 Coffman 163
Passing yards: Wayne 199 Coffman 102
Rushing yards: Wayne 215 Coffman 61

Some individual stats:

Wayne QB McKee 11/18 114 yards 1 TD 6 rushes 37 yards, QB Carter 2/4 55 yards 2 TD's, QB Wright 5 carries 14 yards, Davis 1/1 30 yards and it was a beautifully thrown spiral...

Coffman QB Hodgson 17/30 102 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Wayne RB 13/149 yards 4 TD's, Foster 4/11 yards
Coffman RB Kirk 16/68 yards

Wayne WR Smith 6/85 yards, Davis 3/37 1 TD, Wilcox 3/32 1 TD, Foster 1/41 1 TD
Coffman WR Stoneburner 4/23, Solis 3/33 1 TD, Drennen 3/21, Mollica 3/23

================================================== =====

I was very disappointed by the Coffman crowd. Wayne had 4 times the amount of fans despite having to travel a further distance. I really liked London's stadium and hopefully next rounds game will be played there.

Wayne did a great job defensively stopping Coffman both on the ground and threw the air. Once Wayne's offense got going Coffman could not stop them. Coffman was only giving up 8 points a game.

Go Wayne!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-16, 11:37 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Congrats Warriors!
Old 11-12-16, 12:25 AM
Varsity

chiefs58 is on a distinguished road
Benchwarmer and now Harrycrane seem to have turned in to Harry Houdini...both have pulled off the disappearing act!!

Warriors live to fight another day!

Go Wayne!
Old 11-12-16, 06:32 AM
Varsity

rebel/22 is on a distinguished road
Congratulations to Wayne! Total beat down. Sad not many fans came out from Coffman. I guess people figured the out come would not be good. Best wishes to Wayne the rest of the way! I hope you win it all!
Old 11-12-16, 07:39 AM
All Ohio

mexhot2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mexhot2 Send a message via Yahoo to mexhot2
I felt it was the best total game that Wayne has played so far this year.

Small crowd by Coffman. But, those that were there were completely supportive all the way. I admire fans that are faithful through thick and thin!!!

I really enjoyed the Coffman band also. They had a great sound, the flag corps was outstanding, and the kids looked like they were having fun. Probably the best band I've seen this year from an opposing team.

Congrats Wayne Warriors. Keep it going. ONE game at a time!!!
Old 11-12-16, 08:16 AM
Freshman

Nikdime is on a distinguished road
Coffman crowd doesn't show up for their own home games.
Old 11-12-16, 08:41 AM
All Ohio

Andy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikdime View Post
I don't think any team no matter how good could ever get to state without a great fan base. The desire of the team is a refection of the desire of the community.

Go Wayne!
Old 11-12-16, 08:43 AM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I don't think any team no matter how good could ever get to state without a great fan base. The desire of the team is a refection of the desire of the community.

Go Wayne!
I definitely agree with that statement Andy! Coach Minton believes it as well. He knows that the team feeds off the energy of the crowd. I was proud to see the number of Wayne fans that turned out last night. We really need to get more support for the 1-2-3 BOOM chant after touchdowns.
Old 11-12-16, 08:50 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikdime View Post
JMO I think people are tired of the same old same old with Crabby! For a large school the interest in the football program has been on the decline.
Old 11-12-16, 08:53 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexhot2 View Post

Small crowd by Coffman. But, those that were there were completely supportive all the way. I admire fans that are faithful through thick and thin!!!

I really enjoyed the Coffman band also. They had a great sound, the flag corps was outstanding, and the kids looked like they were having fun. Probably the best band I've seen this year from an opposing team.

The band parents at Coffman will tell you thats what the fans come to see! Coffman has an excellent band for sure! Should be very proud of that! Those young people put in a lot of hard work to be as good as they are every year.
Old 11-12-16, 09:34 AM
Varsity

DaytonDevils is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
I definitely agree with that statement Andy! Coach Minton believes it as well. He knows that the team feeds off the energy of the crowd. I was proud to see the number of Wayne fans that turned out last night. We really need to get more support for the 1-2-3 BOOM chant after touchdowns.
The BOOM "chant"?
There were about 10 adults that said "BOOM" after a score.
Drop it. It's ridiculous.
Old 11-12-16, 10:17 AM
All American

NfamousWayneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NfamousWayneFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonDevils View Post
The BOOM "chant"?
You're ridiculous!

When starting something new, it doesn't always just take off. But it's fine, there are always killjoys out there like you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-16, 10:31 AM
All Region

PCTigerTrackCoach is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Wayne, I can assure you that Pickerington fans will represent our town very well.... It should be a good one
Old 11-12-16, 10:55 AM
All American

bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCTigerTrackCoach View Post
Congratulations Wayne, I can assure you that Pickerington fans will represent our town very well.... It should be a good one
It wont
Old 11-12-16, 11:07 AM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
50 spot....Ouch. Wayne is rolling!
Old 11-12-16, 12:10 PM
Varsity

Warpath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The BOOM "chant"?

I agree, it's pretty sad. I wish the Nuts and Bolts bad call cheer would resurrect itself though. Always loved that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-16, 12:22 PM
Varsity

chiefs58 is on a distinguished road
I want to throw a big shoutout to Ray James and how he shut down Stoneburner! I read a lot about that receiver and he was limited to 4 catches and just over 20 yards. RJ looked good last night...as well as pretty much the whole Wayne team!
Old 11-12-16, 01:29 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexhot2 View Post

Coffman does have a great band
Old 11-12-16, 01:43 PM
All District

Iluvftball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NfamousWayneFan View Post
You're ridiculous!

When starting something new, it doesn't always just take off. But it's fine, there are always killjoys out there like you.

I agree with Dayton Devils. If the student section is doing it it is all in fun and support of the team. If parents are doing it? Pretty LAME AS F@$&! JS
Old 11-12-16, 01:47 PM
All American

NfamousWayneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NfamousWayneFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
I agree, it's pretty sad. I wish the Nuts and Bolts bad call cheer would resurrect itself though. Always loved that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still hear that cheer from time to time.

Old 11-12-16, 07:11 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
No Houdini from me as Wayne fans know from the previous two meetings with Coffman. No reason to hide here, was and always have been very complimentary to that programs talent and strength and certainly didn't call for an upset of a close game .

I post from a Coffman perspective , I try to be positive , point out some things that they may do well or have a chance to succeed at , there is no way of really knowing if they can do things well until the game is played . Wasn't talking smack at all.

Had a project that took longer than I had hoped wasn't able to go to the game , may be not a bad thing as it turned out lol.

Anyway wasn't going to post about a game I didn't see , I have heard and read some things that tell me some things and other things that I want to comment on .

First off good luck to Wayne going forward , as I said they and Colerian in my opinion have separated themselves from other " PUBLICS" in D-1 , they are at an ELITE level in football in Ohio . No congrats necessary for winning last night they are expected to win against a non elite team at this point .

As a Coffman fan hearing about the game was a bit disappointing , not in the loss itself that was expected really, I don't predict Coffman scores when I think they may get beaten up a bit, privately I thought 35-7 might happen .

Coffman has certainly competed much better than this against Wayne before 2014 they competed very well and 2013 they got beat handily score wise { 21 points} but were more competitive on the field as well as the scoreboard .

The disappointing thing was the way they played , they rarely turned the ball over , very few fumbles , were solid in special teams all year , but I heard of multiple fumbles deep in their own territory , a kick off that was fielded poorly that caused them to start on their own two , sloppy execution as well .

Of course the opponent was great and played great, so take that into account of course , you have to , BUT still an egg layer .

Coffman offensive line was overmatched , even when the covered Smith well he caught the ball good pass bad pass or any pass lol , TOO MANY WEAPONS , great tackling by LB'S and Secondary as well .

Tis is what I was told and what I read , Coffman overwhelmed , played sloppy mistake prone football , which caused a convincing Wayne win to turn into a totally ugly display and embarrassing final score .

As for the jabs and jeers of the Coffman community not supporting the team to nearly the extant that Wayne's does is accurate , BUT it doesn't point to a lack of spirit or support in general .

Dublin is not a working class enclave in a ONE high school city . Dublin has THREE high schools , it makes a difference . You would see similar crowds if you played Upper Arlington Olentangy or Olentangy Liberty among others.

Different demographics different communities ,different priorities . Crowds are Down EVERYWHERE, Wayne a VERY sports minded community is a ONE high school district and is a throwback which is nice, , the School and town take great pride in their high school football program .

This doesn't mean Coffman doesn't have a real commitment to it's program, but besides the demo's of parents, community members and students there is not a football is KING mentality here. Not saying it's right or wrong , but there are a lot of sports that are supported at Coffman .

Not saying Wayne doesn't have a strong athletic department in general but Coffman has had multiple sports boys and girls compete at the state level , it is one of the top few overall athletic programs in Central Ohio surely , BUT even state wide in terms of Public schools .

Community members have more kids involved in more activities than a community like Wayne no disrespect which I am sure you will feel disrespected of course , but you mentioned the sparse crowd compared to Wayne's , which I ma trying to explain because I think there were a few unnecessary shots and comparisons made .

No doubt Minton is right enthusiastic community involvement HELPS and it's great that the Wayne community at large is so invested in the football teams success , but it 's Apples and Oranges here, Dublin - Huber Heights, it's not one's right -one's wrong type thing it's just DIFFERENT .

Coffman will likely make the play-offs again next year as they pretty much always do and likely run into Wayne again in round one or two and lose again , better personnel ? Check , better speed ? check , bigger meaner defensive lineman ? check ? Smith ? check , Stud QB ? check .

If Coffman can field kick-offs and Punts cleanly and hold onto the ball better who knows , they may come within 30 .
Old 11-12-16, 07:33 PM
All World

WarriorOne is on a distinguished road
That is not completely true. There are parts of the Greater Huber Heights community that are a part of several other school districts.
There are Huber students that live in the Bethel School District, and the Tecumseh school district. Some Huber kids live across the street from Stebbins and Fairborn kids. Heck! Some may even live in the Butler school district.

That does not include the kids that attend the parochial schools.

Yes, all those kids live in other school districts but they are in the Greater Huber Heights area.
Old 11-12-16, 07:36 PM
All World

As for not showing up to home games that is not accurate. Compared to say 8-10 years ago ? NO, the crowds are less that is true but that is true around the state and in high school football in general .

The Davidson games were well attended which they should be ,but early season games are always pretty good crowds , the Olentangy game in week four was a great crowd .

I think Wayne faithful will remember the good Coffman crowd in 2014 in Bellfontaine on a very cold night it was well attended because the team was thought to have a decent shot to win , the lesser crowd last night was a result of some kids that I know had other activities and the fact that Wayne ahs separated itself a bit from a team like Coffman at this point , it is what it is .

I will give props to the Wayne community for showing up in large numbers and good luck going forward, I thought you were going to beat Colerain anyway , but now the path is clear to yet another state final , hopefully you get this one.
Old 11-12-16, 07:37 PM
All World

Kids in Dublin go to Parochial schools as well . You get the gist of it .
Old 11-12-16, 09:23 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The BOOM "chant"?
Like Coffman wrestling parents chanting: sham-ROCKS, sham-ROCKS, sham-ROCKS after every wrestling match ?
Old 11-12-16, 09:30 PM
All World

Not one Coffman fan I talked to had any trouble with any chant cheer or rallying cry Wayne had Boss , it was posted by Dayton freaking Devils

Why don't you just go blank yourself
Old 11-12-16, 09:37 PM
All World

Again Boss , put down the Chivas regal , Dayton Devils is NOT a SHAMROCKS fan , not one Rocks fan who was there that I talked to had any problem with Wayne fans being delirious with chants about what is the best thing in their city the Wayne Warriors football team { I heard the basketball team is awesome too a few guys are coming in to solidify a deep regional run ?}, , chant what they will and want , no one holds it against them they are a true juggernaut and finding new creative ways to celebrate their awesomeness .

By the Way Boss , how are the Rocks wrestling prospects this year ? Could they beat Wayne Scioto or Davidson ? YES YES YES lol
Old 11-13-16, 10:09 AM
All Ohio

mexhot2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mexhot2 Send a message via Yahoo to mexhot2
Just to be clear about the "BOOM" cheer:

That was started by those of us that are Wayne fans and take part in Yappi. It was started for the first playoff game when the OHSAA prohibited Wayne from firing the cannon after every score...which is a LONG tradition at our school.

We took offense to that tradition being taken away from us in a HOME game!!! So, we thought it was a fun thing to do that game.

Personally, I didn't know it was being done this time since we weren't playing at home.

No need for people to get upset and call each other names. If you don't want to do it...don't. For those that do want to do it...what does it hurt?

SMH

GO WAYNE!!!!
Old 11-13-16, 12:03 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Different demographics different communities ,different priorities.
Community support of high school football is steadily declining everywhere, and it was never all that great in central Ohio to begin with.
Old 11-13-16, 01:52 PM
All Ohio

coachOS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Community support of high school football is steadily declining everywhere, and it was never all that great in central Ohio to begin with.
Perhaps in central Ohio, but false on everywhere. Huber has sustained or gotten larger over a 5 year period.