Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-07-18, 12:02 PM
Freshman

50 Tough is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedz View Post
Because no one else on their defense can tackle. The falcons better bring some offense to piqua on friday, wapac will put some points on the board.
Check the GCL in tackles, Fenwick has 3 out of 4 highest tacklers in the league. Definitely the best GCL defense this year and arguably the best defense in league history with those statistics. Nenni makes his teammates better and gets them more tackles. It all starts with him, very Lebron-esque.
Old 11-07-18, 12:12 PM
All American

King Arthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Tough View Post
Check the GCL in tackles, Fenwick has 3 out of 4 highest tacklers in the league. Definitely the best GCL defense this year and arguably the best defense in league history with those statistics. Nenni makes his teammates better and gets them more tackles. It all starts with him, very Lebron-esque.
Math and logic are not strong with this one.

Fenwick gave up over 225 point vs. Alter's 88, with similar strengths of schedule (Fenwich #18 in D3 and Alter #22). You make more tackles when you give up more points... duh!

Fake News!
Old 11-07-18, 01:13 PM
Junior Varsity

Megatron56 is on a distinguished road
As a Fenwick Fan I can agree that while the Falcons defense did have some good games keeping people out of the endzone, aside from Alter and Carroll, they haven't been able to get off the field. The reason they have so many tackles is giving up a lot of yards and not getting off the field. While nice to have so many, it says a lot of negatives about their defense. Flock you and 10 inch need to focus more on your school work and less on causing trouble on Yappi.

As for this game I have to think that Alter had their scare and will react and play better this week.
Old 11-07-18, 01:24 PM
Junior Varsity

Speedz is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=50 Tough;7174951] [COLOR="black"]Definitely the best GCL defense this year and arguably the best defense in league history.

A distant 2nd to Alter this year, and no where near as good as the Fenwick defense in 2015.
Old 11-07-18, 02:55 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Playoff preview

Badin-Alter: Rams hoping it's time to end losing streak, topple No. 1

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...ytIFEoq4yosfJ/
Old 11-07-18, 03:45 PM
All American

aged jock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Mt Healthy is terrible. The comparison is invalid. They are not well coached anymore, soft, and undisciplined. Badin is a lot better then people think. The result in the Alter game was more on the Alter coach slowing it down and being conservative than Mt H being any good.
Undisciplined, sure. Well coached, and not soft. And fast. But prone to penalties. Coach D. did slow the game because he didn't want long returns, int's, etc. So I agree, partially.
Old 11-07-18, 03:49 PM
All American

Quote:
Fenwick's defensive results this year:

Total Yards 481
Passing Completions 6
Passing Attempts 6
Passing Yards 131
Passing Average 21.8
Rushing Attempts 51
Rushing Yards 350
Rushing Average 6.9
Old 11-07-18, 04:30 PM
Freshman

Humble & Honest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron56 View Post
As a Fenwick Fan I can agree that while the Falcons defense did have some good games keeping people out of the endzone, aside from Alter and Carroll, they haven't been able to get off the field. The reason they have so many tackles is giving up a lot of yards and not getting off the field. While nice to have so many, it says a lot of negatives about their defense. Flock you and 10 inch need to focus more on your school work and less on causing trouble on Yappi.

As for this game I have to think that Alter had their scare and will react and play better this week.
At this point we are focused on executing our assignments next week! A lot is at stake for the group of seniors. Over the last four years we have grown as a team and thrive under pressure. Yappi fuels the fire.

We should win by 14+ this week for anyone looking to make a few $$
Old 11-07-18, 06:30 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Mt Healthy is terrible. The comparison is invalid. They are not well coached anymore, soft, and undisciplined. Badin is a lot better then people think. The result in the Alter game was more on the Alter coach slowing it down and being conservative than Mt H being any good.
Uh Healthy has 2D1 recruits on their team. Acouple of very fast runners and some decent other kids on defense, Badin is better than people think but I wouldn't say Healthy is terrible. Uh didn't look soft to me but very undisciplined and not that well coached.
Old 11-07-18, 07:04 PM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh Healthy has 2D1 recruits on their team. Acouple of very fast runners and some decent other kids on defense, Badin is better than people think but I wouldn't say Healthy is terrible. Uh didn't look soft to me but very undisciplined and not that well coached.

The boy said “they weren’t the normal MT Healthy, they were soft and weaker. No cheap shots or trash talking, just nice kids”.

That’s not undisciplined in the normal manner. That soft, because the dude running into them said so. Poorly coached I say because all the good assistant coaches are elsewhere and and Arvy is overrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-18, 09:53 PM
Junior Varsity

WBLGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble & Honest View Post
At this point we are focused on executing our assignments next week! A lot is at stake for the group of seniors. Over the last four years we have grown as a team and thrive under pressure. Yappi fuels the fire.

We should win by 14+ this week for anyone looking to make a few $$
Y'all are so bad at trolling to the point that you are making Fenwick fans look bad.
Old 11-07-18, 10:20 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLOCK View Post
Mount Healthy beat Talawanda, and Badin also beat Talawanda, so that means both teams are equal. Plus, Mount Healthy beat Talawanda, who lost to Badin, who lost to Fenwick. So, in the end, Fenwick is better than them all. Simple math. (Henry Nenni had 125 regular season tackles)
Nenni had 125 regular season tackles because Fenwick couldn't keep anybody's offense off the field... Alter, Carroll, McNicholas…. POY went to Alter's Antwann Martin. He is so much better. He makes the plays that matter quickly and forces teams to punt. Give me a break.
Old 11-08-18, 08:47 AM
All District

THE FLOCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Nenni had 125 regular season tackles because Fenwick couldn't keep anybody's offense off the field... Alter, Carroll, McNicholas…. POY went to Alter's Antwann Martin. He is so much better. He makes the plays that matter quickly and forces teams to punt. Give me a break.
Numbers don't lie. That Martin boy is talented but Nenni has a true nose for the ball. Sniffs out plays like a badger sniffing out their prey. Speaking of Badgers, Henry actually reminds me of another great safety, Tyrann "the Honey badger" Mathieu. They have the same play style and size, now that I think about it, it's actually a spooky resemblance. Martin reminds me more of Earl Thomas but with more hair
Old 11-08-18, 11:01 AM
All American

King Arthur is an unknown quantity at this point
^ could you be any more childlike.
Old 11-08-18, 11:47 AM
Varsity

Deep is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Numbers don't lie. That Martin boy is talented but Nenni has a true nose for the ball. Sniffs out plays like a badger sniffing out their prey. Speaking of Badgers, Henry actually reminds me of another great safety, Tyrann "the Honey badger" Mathieu. They have the same play style and size, now that I think about it, it's actually a spooky resemblance. Martin reminds me more of Earl Thomas but with more hair
Nenni for sure D1
Old 11-08-18, 11:57 AM
Freshman

50 Tough is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ehhhh... I see Nenni more of a blend of Sean Taylor and pre-cancer Eric Berry. Truly never was the same after that pesky Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
Old 11-08-18, 12:53 PM
All District

THE FLOCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Ehhhh... I see Nenni more of a blend of Sean Taylor and pre-cancer Eric Berry. Truly never was the same after that pesky Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
Amen.
Old 11-08-18, 02:17 PM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My guy, there was no comparison made and maybe Mt H is terrible, soft, whatever. All I stated was that because of the connection, I'm sure Badin gave them all the game film that they wanted. That and the fact that Mt H does have athletes and I believe Crouch does a pretty good job, I could see them hanging around.

Why do you say they're not well coached? because Yourdy isn't there?
Old 11-08-18, 02:26 PM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The boy said “they weren’t the normal MT Healthy, they were soft and weaker. No cheap shots or trash talking, just nice kids”.

That’s not undisciplined in the normal manner. That soft, because the dude running into them said so. Poorly coached I say because all the good assistant coaches are elsewhere and and Arvy is overrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the good assistants? who? Snow? Yourdy?
Old 11-08-18, 02:34 PM
Freshman

InsideTheArmor is on a distinguished road
Badin has gained a lot of momentum since the Alter loss. Seem to really have clicked over the final quarter of the season. With all the chatter from Badin about this week, there is reason to think they are pretty confident in their ability to get stops and move the ball on offense.

Alter with another year of 10+ under Domsitz. If they are on, they will be tough to stop. If they struggle to re-establish the line of scrimmage, this game could be close.

Should be a game to look out for regardless. A GCL battle in the regional semi-finals, it will be physical. Good luck to both teams.
Old 11-08-18, 03:06 PM
All Region

rampanther is on a distinguished road
My heart is definitely with Badin but my head.....I’ve seen a lot of these games over the last 15 years
Old 11-08-18, 03:39 PM
All Region

rampanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
“Arguably the best defense in league history”. That is adorable. There have been some incredible defenses in the GCL. I’m pulling for Fenwick but Wow.
Old 11-08-18, 04:03 PM
All American

Quote:
Check the GCL in points - the only statistic that really counts. There's Alter, with 8 points given up per game, and Badin, with more than 19 ppg given up. In the GCL Coed division (apples to apples) it's Alter with 7.3 and Badin with 18.3.

Anyway, should be a good ball game.
Old 11-08-18, 04:11 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aged jock View Post
Check the GCL in points - the only statistic that really counts. There's Alter, with 8 points given up per game, and Badin, with more than 19 ppg given up. In the GCL Coed division (apples to apples) it's Alter with 7.3 and Badin with 18.3.

Anyway, should be a good ball game.
I suspect Alter will win old jock, but the streaks gotta end sometime
Old 11-08-18, 04:13 PM
All American

Some stats from the first game, for comparison.

BAD ALT

Total Yards 202 325
Passing Completions 9 10
Passing Attempts 21 12
Passing Yards 123 149
Passing Average 5.9 12.4
Rushing Attempts 36 33
Rushing Yards 79 176
Rushing Average 2.2 5.3

I agree the streak is not forever. I think it won't end this year.
Old 11-08-18, 04:16 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Some stats from the first game, for comparison.

BAD ALT

Total Yards 202 325
Passing Completions 9 10
Passing Attempts 21 12
Passing Yards 123 149
Passing Average 5.9 12.4
Rushing Attempts 36 33
Rushing Yards 79 176
Rushing Average 2.2 5.3

I agree the streak is not forever. I think it won't end this year.
I’m quite sure CJ had way worse stats than that in the first meeting with Alter last year, just saying
Old 11-08-18, 05:17 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampanther View Post
My heart is definitely with Badin but my head.....I’ve seen a lot of these games over the last 15 years
Uh, the Hamilton all-stars against the Kettering all-stars.Uh past history has not been good for the Hamilton all-stars.Badin is really good on defense will probably keep them in the game.If Alter turns the ball over Badin could win this game.
Old 11-08-18, 05:26 PM
All American

For what must be the first time ever, I agree with Hoser - on the last two posts!
Old 11-08-18, 05:49 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
For what must be the first time ever, I agree with Hoser - on the last two posts!
Uh how does it feel to be right?
Old 11-08-18, 07:09 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh how does it feel to be right?
Now, that's funny.