Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-06-18, 08:02 AM
Junior Varsity

PETENICE is on a distinguished road
Alter vs Badin

Curious about this game. Had heard Badin played well against Butler and also heard Alter played a tough Mount Healthy. Any thoughts on the A vs B rematch? Any injuries, health issues? On paper it looks like a great game at a neutral site.
After a tough week 11 for both I am going with Alter 35-14
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-18, 08:15 AM
Varsity

Garth Algar is on a distinguished road
Badin gave Alter their closest game in the Co-ed during the regular season losing 17-7 at Alter on a cold rainy night. Badin got stopped twice (one was questionable) on the 1 inch line with about 3 minutes to play. A score there would have made it 17-14. Badin would still have needed a stop to get the ball back to have a chance to win but it was a good close game for the entire game.

Obviously there are interesting dynamics at play when teams play for the second time in a season. This could be a really good game.
Old 11-06-18, 08:34 AM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
I have a feeling that Badin can win this game. First it is always tough to be a team twice in the same season. Second I feel like Badin is playing well right now, kind of on an upswing, and Alter is not playing quite as well, kind of trending down. History is certainly on Alter's side, but I can definitely see Badin winning a close, low scoring game. I was not overly impressed with Alter's win against MH, this is not one of their better teams and they limped into the playoffs. With that, I'll take Badin to end the losing steak 17-14.
Old 11-06-18, 09:29 AM
Freshman

pickjagger is on a distinguished road
Alter 21 Badin 10
Old 11-06-18, 09:39 AM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
I think Badin can win this game if they don't view the opposing team as "the amazing Alter". Alter has had a great season but I think many GCL teams lose to the Knights before they even play them. Alter has the mental advantage on many teams. In the first matchup Alter's defense was the difference. However, Badin played a good game defensively. If they can repeat that performance and hold Alter to 17 or less, I think they will win.

I am taking the Rams 20-16.
Old 11-06-18, 10:56 AM
All American

King Arthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Alter's offense is anemic against anyone with a decent defense, which includes Badin. Alter's defense, though, will make it tough once again for Badin to score much.

This game is somewhat of a flashback for Alter in that they faced CJ twice last year, and IMO, had their worst loss that I can ever remember in over 10 years.... they were embarrassed. Perhaps that will be on their minds this second time around with Badin.

Last edited by King Arthur; 11-06-18 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-06-18, 11:01 AM
Junior Varsity

Speedz is on a distinguished road
First team to 14 points wins.
Old 11-06-18, 11:01 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
It would be so awesome to break the streak during the playoffs
Old 11-06-18, 12:34 PM
All American

aged jock is on a distinguished road
Badin has a nice team. Mt. Healthy was loaded. Unfortunately, they lacked the discipline to get the job done. Alter's not trending down at all, and is on a ten game winning streak. While it is difficult to beat a good team twice in the same season, I saw no indication in the first game that a different result is in the air. Last year's CJ win was great for them, and based on a major career day for the QB and one receiver. IMO Alter could have stopped it, but just couldn't believe the QB could connect on seven long passes. He did. Maybe if Badin can do something like that, Alter will be surprised again. We'll have to see. I believe my Knights will prevail and be regional champs.
Old 11-06-18, 12:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aged jock View Post
Badin has a nice team. Mt. Healthy was loaded. Unfortunately, they lacked the discipline to get the job done. Alter's not trending down at all, and is on a ten game winning streak. While it is difficult to beat a good team twice in the same season, I saw no indication in the first game that a different result is in the air. Last year's CJ win was great for them, and based on a major career day for the QB and one receiver. IMO Alter could have stopped it, but just couldn't believe the QB could connect on seven long passes. He did. Maybe if Badin can do something like that, Alter will be surprised again. We'll have to see. I believe my Knights will prevail and be regional champs.
Mt Healthy was loaded? They were 5-5 on the year and barely squeaked in to the playoffs
Old 11-06-18, 01:16 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Mt Healthy was loaded? They were 5-5 on the year and barely squeaked in to the playoffs
I know that's what many people would say unless you were there or had an insight. Mt. Healthy has a couple of guys going DI. Also, first time they were fully healthy all year. They probably have more speed overall than Trotwood. Their RBs and QB were really fast and big guys. Defensively, their front 7 were big and physical. They just haven't had a full squad together like that all year. They were 5-0 when they had their players rested and healthy.
Old 11-06-18, 01:30 PM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I know that's what many people would say unless you were there or had an insight. Mt. Healthy has a couple of guys going DI. Also, first time they were fully healthy all year. They probably have more speed overall than Trotwood. Their RBs and QB were really fast and big guys. Defensively, their front 7 were big and physical. They just haven't had a full squad together like that all year. They were 5-0 when they had their players rested and healthy.
MH wasn't fully healthy Ty Mincy had 6 carries. If he's healthy and plays without injury OR MH has any kind of kicking game....Alters toast.
Old 11-06-18, 01:39 PM
All District

THE FLOCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Give me Alter 42-7. I think they take Badin behind the woodshed in the rematch. I also say that because I want my birds of prey to have an opportunity to knock off the Knights in the regional final!
Old 11-06-18, 01:48 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLOCK View Post
Give me Alter 42-7. I think they take Badin behind the woodshed in the rematch. I also say that because I want my birds of prey to have an opportunity to knock off the Knights in the regional final!
Good. Looking forward to Falcon hunting next week with my 12 gauge...
Old 11-06-18, 01:56 PM
All District

Quote:
Good. Looking forward to Falcon hunting next week with my 12 gauge...
I hope you have a concealed carry there Mr. America. Plus, as far as I know, all firearms are prohibited at OHSAA sporting events.

Checkmate.
Old 11-06-18, 02:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So they wer only healthy in their wins? Got it, you sound like a Winston Woulds fan
Old 11-06-18, 03:05 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree. Mt. Healthy is good, but not loaded. They didn't beat a team with a winning record all year and got hammered by all three teams from the SWOC that made the playoffs. Mt. Healthy is always very athletic with great team speed, but this is not one of their better teams.
Old 11-06-18, 03:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Did you see them? Alter has some size and some speed. MH was bigger and faster, particularly on the edges on defense and in the backfield on offense.

4 of the teams they lost to were DII playoff teams, and the fifth was #9 in DI. That's an impressive schedule, and the teams they beat were obviously very good, or 5 wins would not have put them ahead of Piqua, Franklin and Carroll, all at 6-4.

Alter's game is to get a lead, hog the ball and stop the other team's offense. Winning is the goal, not pretty passes or a huge score. Alter did that and will be just fine the rest of the way. Some games will be very tough. You could certainly imagine opening the playbook against some teams that can stop the run. Otherwise, you'll see running games from Alter the rest of the way.
Old 11-06-18, 03:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Did you see them? Alter has some size and some speed. MH was bigger and faster, particularly on the edges on defense and in the backfield on offense.

4 of the teams they lost to were DII playoff teams, and the fifth was #9 in DI. That's an impressive schedule, and the teams they beat were obviously very good, or 5 wins would not have put them ahead of Piqua, Franklin and Carroll, all at 6-4.

Alter's game is to get a lead, hog the ball and stop the other team's offense. Winning is the goal, not pretty passes or a huge score. Alter did that and will be just fine the rest of the way. Some games will be very tough. You could certainly imagine opening the playbook against some teams that can stop the run. Otherwise, you'll see running games from Alter the rest of the way.
Címon jock, MH wins were against Talawanda, Ross, Northwest, Dunbar etc. All the good teams they played smoked them. Just admit Alter didnít play very well. I fully expect Alter to beat Badin, but to act like they are the usual Alter team is kidding yourself.
Old 11-06-18, 04:00 PM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
https://www.cincinnati.com/videos/sp...source=dlvr.it

Split decision
Old 11-06-18, 05:06 PM
All Ohio

gostate03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Coming from 2 guys who have not seen either team play...
Pulling for the Rams but it will be tough to beat Alter, love that this game is at Middletown!
Old 11-06-18, 06:43 PM
All American

Quote:
Címon jock, MH wins were against Talawanda, Ross, Northwest, Dunbar etc. All the good teams they played smoked them. Just admit Alter didnít play very well. I fully expect Alter to beat Badin, but to act like they are the usual Alter team is kidding yourself.
Call it a wakeup if you will, but Coach D took risk off the board after getting an early lead. He's old school and conservative, but he knows how to win. I thought Alter didn't look bad at all, considering the goal was a W and not to worry about stats or pleasing the crowd. Whether you believe it or not, Alter will be Alter this week and for three more (hopefully) after that.
Old 11-06-18, 07:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Call it a wakeup if you will, but Coach D took risk off the board after getting an early lead. He's old school and conservative, but he knows how to win. I thought Alter didn't look bad at all, considering the goal was a W and not to worry about stats or pleasing the crowd. Whether you believe it or not, Alter will be Alter this week and for three more (hopefully) after that.
So you think this is a typical Alter team, talent wise?
Old 11-06-18, 07:27 PM
Freshman

GBM23 is on a distinguished road
I think Badin has the big play ability to get Alter behind that we have seen kill them in the past, and also, the horses (especially the LB Schlensker) to contain the Alter rushing attack. I say Badin in an upset 24-14
Old 11-07-18, 08:26 AM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You know as well as anyone else that Mt H was well prepared for that game. How much tape do you think Badin gave them to prepare for Alter.

You take that and the fact that Mt H is well coached, has some D1 talent and speed and you get a close game. But still come up short!
Old 11-07-18, 08:45 AM
All District

Mount Healthy beat Talawanda, and Badin also beat Talawanda, so that means both teams are equal. Plus, Mount Healthy beat Talawanda, who lost to Badin, who lost to Fenwick. So, in the end, Fenwick is better than them all. Simple math. (Henry Nenni had 125 regular season tackles)
Old 11-07-18, 09:08 AM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
You know as well as anyone else that Mt H was well prepared for that game. How much tape do you think Badin gave them to prepare for Alter.

You take that and the fact that Mt H is well coached, has some D1 talent and speed and you get a close game. But still come up short!
Mt Healthy is terrible. The comparison is invalid. They are not well coached anymore, soft, and undisciplined. Badin is a lot better then people think. The result in the Alter game was more on the Alter coach slowing it down and being conservative than Mt H being any good.
Old 11-07-18, 11:06 AM
Junior Varsity

ELKSTWO is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mount Healthy beat Talawanda, and Badin also beat Talawanda, so that means both teams are equal. Plus, Mount Healthy beat Talawanda, who lost to Badin, who lost to Fenwick. So, in the end, Fenwick is better than them all. Simple math. (Henry Nenni had 125 regular season tackles)
what's this dude's problem
Old 11-07-18, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSTWO View Post
what's this dude's problem
Iím guessing Fenwick fan
Old 11-07-18, 11:54 AM
Junior Varsity

Speedz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
(Henry Nenni had 125 regular season tackles)
Because no one else on their defense can tackle. The falcons better bring some offense to piqua on friday, wapac will put some points on the board.