Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-05-18, 02:20 PM
All Region

NewJacketCity is on a distinguished road
Division VII Region 26 Semifinal: #2 Edgerton (11-0) Vs. #6 Pandora-Gilboa (11-0)

Thoughts? I admittedly don't know much about Edgerton. Could someone help me? What is their bread and butter? Who are their studs? Thanks!

Last edited by NewJacketCity; 11-05-18 at 02:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-18, 02:32 PM
Varsity

Warriorviking is on a distinguished road
Im honestly very intrigued with this game. You have Edgerton who through 11 games hasn't played even a semi close game against the team who's alot of peoples favorite. I haven't seen either of the teams but from a distant it seems to be intriguing.
Old 11-05-18, 02:41 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriorviking View Post
Im honestly very intrigued with this game. You have Edgerton who through 11 games hasn't played even a semi close game against the team who's alot of peoples favorite. I haven't seen either of the teams but from a distant it seems to be intriguing.
Yeah from what I can tell it's going to be a battle in the trenches. The St. Paul coach talked about Edgerton's offensive line and how impressive they were. Looks like Edgerton's bread and butter is it's ground game as they have a kid who's rushed for over 2,000 yards this season which is very impressive. Not sure what kind of passing game they have.

P-G is very strong in the trenches too and they're defense has been stout. They're more of a spread passing team with an athletic QB who can run it and good sized wr's who make plays.
Old 11-05-18, 03:09 PM
All Ohio

E-Town is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJacketCity View Post
Yeah from what I can tell it's going to be a battle in the trenches. The St. Paul coach talked about Edgerton's offensive line and how impressive they were. Looks like Edgerton's bread and butter is it's ground game as they have a kid who's rushed for over 2,000 yards this season which is very impressive. Not sure what kind of passing game they have.

P-G is very strong in the trenches too and they're defense has been stout. They're more of a spread passing team with an athletic QB who can run it and good sized wr's who make plays.
Edgerton reminds me a lot of the St. Paul team from last season. That team just eventually overwhelmed P-G in their playoff game. Also, like that St. Paul team, Edgerton can pass if they need to. I have no idea how this year's P-G team compares to last years, but that's my take on Edgerton.
Old 11-05-18, 03:23 PM
Varsity

RollingTrain is on a distinguished road
I didn't think Edgerton would do that to St. Paul....I've said it a lot...this region is a monster. Any of the four teams that lost in this Region last week could have probably won Region 25 or 27.
Old 11-05-18, 03:28 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingTrain View Post
I didn't think Edgerton would do that to St. Paul....I've said it a lot...this region is a monster. Any of the four teams that lost in this Region last week could have probably won Region 25 or 27.
I agree. Whomever comes out of Region 26 alive, is going to have earned it.
Old 11-05-18, 03:29 PM
All Ohio

buckeye1689 is on a distinguished road
This will be a very close game. Great match-up and two very good teams. I admittly do not know much about Edgerton but what i've heard is all positive. P-G won the very very good BVC this year outright and has 3 teams alive in this region. P-G has a very good QB and solid all around. I'll go with P-G 24-21
Old 11-05-18, 07:59 PM
All Ohio

E-Town is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingTrain View Post
I agree with the strength of this region this year. And unfortunately for St. Paul, this was one of their smallest and weakest teams over the last 5 or 6 years. They graduated 15 starters and only had 7 seniors on this year's team. Edgerton is that good though...I think every play they ran went for 6 yards or more. They could have easily scored 60+ against NSP, but everyone there could tell the game was over after the first quarter.
Old 11-05-18, 10:33 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1689 View Post
This will be a very close game. Great match-up and two very good teams. I admittly do not know much about Edgerton but what i've heard is all positive. P-G won the very very good BVC this year outright and has 3 teams alive in this region. P-G has a very good QB and solid all around. I'll go with P-G 24-21
Edgerton has destroyed teams this year..is it true they have had a running clock in every game ?
Old 11-05-18, 10:37 PM
All Ohio

buckeye1689 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
Edgerton has destroyed teams this year..is it true they have had a running clock in every game ?
I'm not sure. That is scary news for P-G and my prediction if so haha. But I am willing to say P-G is the best team Edgerton has seen to this point. Same goes for the Rockets of course
Old 11-05-18, 11:35 PM
Junior Varsity

mountain view is on a distinguished road
Edgertons' line is big strong and quick. #21 the TB has over 2,000 yds,#34 fb aveages 10 yds a carry so does the wb #12 also the #4 the qb, they double at the point of attack and will have kick out with a lineman or a back and then 3 lead the hole.the qb has maybe 50 or 60 attempts all year but completes 70%.all 4 backs in the 190 200lb range and every game has been running clock. 36 -0 at half vs St Paul. but PG beat McComb who man handeled a very good PH team. this game is a must see at Defiance.
Old 11-06-18, 07:49 AM
All American

bob22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

yes. And P-G has running clocked 8 of 11
Old 11-06-18, 08:39 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain view View Post
Edgertons' line is big strong and quick. #21 the TB has over 2,000 yds,#34 fb aveages 10 yds a carry so does the wb #12 also the #4 the qb, they double at the point of attack and will have kick out with a lineman or a back and then 3 lead the hole.the qb has maybe 50 or 60 attempts all year but completes 70%.all 4 backs in the 190 200lb range and every game has been running clock. 36 -0 at half vs St Paul. but PG beat McComb who man handeled a very good PH team. this game is a must see at Defiance.
Thanks for the scouting report on Edgerton. Sounds like a good old fashion sloberknocker!
Old 11-06-18, 08:43 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Yes, they have dominated all year long but we have seen things like this play out in the playoffs many times in the past.

PG is a bit more battle tested in this one and look for them to pull away in the second half.
Old 11-06-18, 09:22 AM
Freshman

Quasimodo is on a distinguished road
Edgerton is the real deal. If Pandora wins, they are going to have to score a bunch of points. Not that they are not capable of it. I don't see them stopping Edgerton's offense. They are one of the most physical D7 teams I have seen.
Old 11-06-18, 09:46 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodo View Post
Edgerton is the real deal. If Pandora wins, they are going to have to score a bunch of points. Not that they are not capable of it. I don't see them stopping Edgerton's offense. They are one of the most physical D7 teams I have seen.
Yeah, I'm starting to think whoever wins the trenches is going to win this game. PG held a stout McComb rushing attack that averaged 243 yards per game to 79. Sounds like it's going to be strength on strength, may the best team win. I'll be interested to see what success they have running the ball. If Edgerton can't pose some threat throwing the ball I think PG wins. I'll be surprised if they can just load the box and run over PG.

Last edited by NewJacketCity; 11-06-18 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-06-18, 12:26 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain view View Post
how big are the boys up front? do they have a lot of boys playing both ways?
Old 11-06-18, 12:30 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
how big are the boys up front? do they have a lot of boys playing both ways?
I don't equate a size of an OL to how good they will be.

Few years ago we though wheelersburg was the real deal. They trotted out some mammoth OL....but when I saw they couldn't even jog across the field when they entered the field I knew it wasn't going to be much of a game.
Old 11-06-18, 12:37 PM
Junior Varsity

mountain view is on a distinguished road
their smallest is the center at 195 his twin brother guard 205 #73 keep your eye on him 4 year starter 6'3" 270 at right guard the tackles go 220 and 260. small school football at least 6 or 7 go both ways. #4 and # 12 studs in the secondary. tight end #22 6'4" 190. you can get their roster on the GMC web site
Old 11-06-18, 12:57 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I don't equate a size of an OL to how good they will be.

Few years ago we though wheelersburg was the real deal. They trotted out some mammoth OL....but when I saw they couldn't even jog across the field when they entered the field I knew it wasn't going to be much of a game.
I saw them play earlier this year on a replay on WOSN, wished I would have watched the whole game, but I thought their line was big and quick...they were making holes for their RB's.
Old 11-06-18, 05:48 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Pandora 42
Edgerton 21
Old 11-06-18, 06:12 PM
Junior Varsity

Northwest football is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Pandora 42
Edgerton 21
What he said ^
Old 11-06-18, 06:17 PM
Junior Varsity

Football034 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest football View Post
What he said ^
Edgerton hasn’t given up anywhere near that many points this year. They might lose but I doubt they get beat by that. I would actually say Edgerton pulls this one out.
Old 11-06-18, 06:34 PM
Junior Varsity

Northwest football is on a distinguished road
This will be the best quarterback and wide receivers Edgerton has seen all year and they can put up big numbers
Old 11-06-18, 07:01 PM
Freshman

osf777 is on a distinguished road
I was able to see Edgerton once this year against Fairview (a playoff team that won last week) and Edgerton is stout. This could be a real competitive, close game. If Edgerton can control the clock, they can win with long sustained drives. They have the big play ability, but they'll be better limiting PG's possessions. Edgerton's running back holds the record for most rushing yards in school history, and he's only a junior. PG will be the best team they've seen this year though. Expect a battle.
Old 11-06-18, 07:21 PM
All Region

Quote:
Pandora 42
Edgerton 21
I’d be pretty surprised to see this kind of point margin. I was able to track down one of Edgerton’s games. They have some really nice athletes but they also do a really good job of pulling blockers and sending blockers to the point of attack. They mix their formations well and do some good stuff to keep the defense honest. I don’t know about 42, but I do see PG being able to score on this defense after what St Paul was able to do against them through the air. PG’s defense this year has been very sound and stout. I think they’ve only given up an average of 130 total yards a game in a pretty strong conference.
Old 11-06-18, 07:40 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJacketCity View Post
I’d be pretty surprised to see this kind of point margin. I was able to track down one of Edgerton’s games. They have some really nice athletes but they also do a really good job of pulling blockers and sending blockers to the point of attack. They mix their formations well and do some good stuff to keep the defense honest. I don’t know about 42, but I do see PG being able to score on this defense after what St Paul was able to do against them through the air. PG’s defense this year has been very sound and stout. I think they’ve only given up an average of 130 total yards a game in a pretty strong conference.
I don't know much about Edgerton but what I do know is the green Meadows Conference champion of late has been a tough out. However, Jared Breece is the real deal. I just think Pandora's schedule will have them better tested for this game than Edgerton's schedule will. I think Pg pulls away late
Old 11-06-18, 07:53 PM
All Region

Quote:
I don't know much about Edgerton but what I do know is the green Meadows Conference champion of late has been a tough out. However, Jared Breece is the real deal. I just think Pandora's schedule will have them better tested for this game than Edgerton's schedule will. I think Pg pulls away late
Yeah it’ll be interesting to see how Edgerton plays PG. When they faced Fairview’s spread offense they pretty much rushed 3 and dropped 8 into a soft zone. Every now and then they’d blitz a fourth rusher, but if that’s the way they choose to defend PG I think Breece might pick them apart.

Last edited by NewJacketCity; 11-06-18 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-06-18, 08:11 PM
Junior Varsity

Football034 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Doesn't the computer points kind of put schedules into perspective to a degree? I mean your schedule is how you generate enough points to get into the playoffs... They both are undefeated but PG didn't even have a home game so wouldn't their schedule be significantly worse than Edgerton's?
Old 11-06-18, 08:19 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football034 View Post
Doesn't the computer points kind of put schedules into perspective to a degree? I mean your schedule is how you generate enough points to get into the playoffs... They both are undefeated but PG didn't even have a home game so wouldn't their schedule be significantly worse than Edgerton's?
McComb and Columbus grove IMO are better than whats on Edgerton's Schedule.

Lets see what Drew thinks:

Edgerton: 31 out of 108
Pandora: 57 out of 108

So according to Drew I'm wrong but he does have Pandora by 6

Opponents still playing:

Edgerton: Sherwood Fairview
Pandora: Columbus grove and McComb