Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-05-18, 02:08 PM
Junior Varsity

Kirtland4580 is on a distinguished road
Division VI Region 21 Semifinal: #3 Norwayne (10-1) vs. #2 Kirtland (11-0)

This game could end up being more interesting than some people might think.

Norwayneís only loss of the year came to the #1 seed in Region 21, Mogadore (and it was a one point nailbiter). Other than that, Norwayneís had an impressive ten game winning streak leading up to this game. I hear they have some hog-mollies in the trenches and have a decent running game, but donít really know much more than that.

Kirtland hasnít lost yet and both sides of the ball have been good all year in my opinion. However, I donít think Kirtlandís seen an offense of Norwayneís caliber all year. So Iím very interested in seeing if Norwayne can be the first team to put up more than 7 points on the Hornets this year.

Iím looking forward to a hard-fought game between two top ten offenses in the division and two of the best teams Division VI has to offer (but seriously, this division is LOADED).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-18, 02:16 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Kirtland stays in cruise control as R24 goes through a slugfest.
Old 11-05-18, 02:55 PM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
Kirtland should win big. To be fair, the Mogadore/NW game wasn't as close as the score.

Mogadore was up by 2 TDs with less than 2 min left in the game. NW scored on a broken play, got an onside, and scored on another broken play but missed one of the XPs.

It was a series of 3 mental errors by Mogadore.

NW is tough, no doubt about it, but probably not going to stay within 3 scores this Friday night.

I hope I am wrong, then that would give more hope if Mogadore is able to get past a good McD team on Friday.
Old 11-05-18, 03:09 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
I think this is the first true test for Kirtland to see how good they really are. CH, Wickliffe, and Columbia are decent but not really good-great squads this year. If Kirtland throttles the Bobcats with ease then look out rest of D6.
Old 11-05-18, 03:14 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
I think this is the first true test for Kirtland to see how good they really are. CH, Wickliffe, and Columbia are decent but not really good-great squads this year. If Kirtland throttles the Bobcats with ease then look out rest of D6.

I personally agree. This is the first legitimate team the Hornets have run into in my opinion. Thatís not to say Heights, Wickliffe, and Columbia werenít formidable, but this is a contender. Even if the Mogadore score was a bit of a fluke, Norwayne still had a convincing win over a D-III Norwalk whoís still in the playoffs.

Old 11-05-18, 03:21 PM
All World

I agree with the two posts above, the rest of D6 is hoping this game is close. If not Kirtland may walk to another title.
Old 11-05-18, 03:40 PM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
Kirtland posters

Out of the 5 TDs they've given up, how many were against the 1st string D?
Old 11-05-18, 03:46 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
Kirtland posters

There were 4 TDs and 2 FGs scored in total. 2 TDs and 2 FGs were scored on 1st string I believe.

Old 11-05-18, 04:06 PM
Junior Varsity

pgf1582 is on a distinguished road
Kirtland has had several great teams, but this might be their most balanced team. If they wanted to they could run a spread and their qb could throw for 2,500 yards
Old 11-05-18, 08:59 PM
Varsity

HornetFanatic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
Kirtland posters

4 TD's, all passing. There were also 2 FG's. I believe that all 4 were against the 1st string D (based on them being all 1st half scores).
Old 11-05-18, 09:06 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetFanatic View Post
4 TD's, all passing. There were also 2 FG's. I believe that all 4 were against the 1st string D (based on them being all 1st half scores).

You are correct. I forgot Berkshire put a TD on us early. Still an incredible feat to allow 2.9 PPG through 11 games, let alone doing so while giving the JVs the second half of most of the games.

Old 11-05-18, 09:09 PM
All Yappi

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
Kirtland 28-21
Old 11-06-18, 06:18 AM
Freshman

WalshU33 is on a distinguished road
Wink

I doubt there will be a running clock in this one. Which I believe would be a first all year for Kirtland. My guess is 34-13 Kirtland. I see it being close at half with Kirtland pulling away in the end.
Old 11-06-18, 08:41 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgf1582 View Post
Kirtland has had several great teams, but this might be their most balanced team. If they wanted to they could run a spread and their qb could throw for 2,500 yards
As if the rest of DVI didn't already have enough to worry about but you are now telling me Kirtland have the ability to beat you by the pass as well as the run with this year's team?

That really is disheartening.

Division.
VI.
Champs.
Old 11-06-18, 08:50 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Kirtland 42 Norwayne 7. The Hornets would beat 90% of D - 1 teams.
Old 11-06-18, 08:50 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
As if the rest of DVI didn't already have enough to worry about but you are now telling me Kirtland have the ability to beat you by the pass as well as the run with this year's team?

That really is disheartening.

Division.

VI.

Champs.

I wouldnít go as far as saying they can BEAT teams with the pass, but yes...they have shown they can throw the ball a bit if they need to this year. Itís a bit of a luxury that the past Hornet teams havenít really had. Ironic thing is...the team that Tiger used to coach in PA (Franklin) ran Mentorís spread offense. Who wouldíve thought?

Old 11-06-18, 09:28 AM
All World

Drew Pastuer's site:

Nov 09 (W12) N #123 Creston Norwayne (10-1 D6 R21), pick: W by 6 (64%)

I hope he is right, most of D6 hopes he is right (that it will be a close game).
Old 11-06-18, 09:35 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Drew Pasteur picking Kirtland by 6, but I think it'll be more than that. I hope not, rooting for Norwayne.

I can't get over Kirtland only giving up 32 points all season, including week 11. I don't care how bad your opponents are... giving up no more than 7 points in a game all season is incredible, especially when you've played 4 playoff teams.
http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams...=812&year=2018

I was at the game in 2014 when Kirtland played a really, really, really good Loudonville team and just absolutely controlled the game beginning-to-end. Norwayne's good, but not as good as that Loudonville team was. And that Kirtland team gave up 3x as many points through the first 11 weeks as this year's team. And if Kirtland fans are saying this is potentially one of their best (and/or most balanced) teams... that's scary.
Old 11-06-18, 01:44 PM
Junior Varsity

motionlead25 is on a distinguished road
Every year Kirtland is incredibly strong up front, and this year has been no different. I'm going to give the bobcats their credit and so they keep this game close. Ultimately, I think the hornets line will wear down Norwayne and pull away in the second half. Hornets 28 Bobcats 21
Old 11-06-18, 01:54 PM
All Region

jam40jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalshU33 View Post
I doubt there will be a running clock in this one. Which I believe would be a first all year for Kirtland. My guess is 34-13 Kirtland. I see it being close at half with Kirtland pulling away in the end.
There was no running clock in the Richmond Heights game. :P

(For anyone unfamiliar with the situation...https://www.news-herald.com/sports/h...6b549533a.html)
Old 11-06-18, 01:58 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam40jeff View Post
There was no running clock in the Richmond Heights game. :P

(For anyone unfamiliar with the situation...https://www.news-herald.com/sports/h...6b549533a.html)

Still remains one of the strangest things Iíve witnessed.

Old 11-06-18, 09:06 PM
All Region

Bluestreak1980 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtland4580 View Post
I wouldnít go as far as saying they can BEAT teams with the pass, but yes...they have shown they can throw the ball a bit if they need to this year. Itís a bit of a luxury that the past Hornet teams havenít really had. Ironic thing is...the team that Tiger used to coach in PA (Franklin) ran Mentorís spread offense. Who wouldíve thought?

Really? All these years I thought Tiger was from Oil City PA. I know Franklin and Oil City are Right next to each other but no big deal.

Iíll take Kirtland in this game in a possible close one but running clock would not surprise me one bit. The Hornets are on a mission. Iíll take the Hornets 49-23
Old 11-06-18, 09:09 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak1980 View Post
Really? All these years I thought Tiger was from Oil City PA. I know Franklin and Oil City are Right next to each other but no big deal.

Iíll take Kirtland in this game in a possible close one but running clock would not surprise me one bit. The Hornets are on a mission. Iíll take the Hornets 49-23

He was born and raised in Oil City but coached in Franklin. Itís hard to gauge how well the Bobcat offense can do against the Hornet defense so any kind of score can happen IMO. Iím gonna hold off any predictions until Friday.

Old 11-06-18, 09:51 PM
Varsity

Warriorviking is on a distinguished road
I really think this game has running clock written all over it but its possible I'm overestimating Kirtland and underestimating Norwayne.
Old 11-07-18, 11:32 AM
Freshman

itcllover01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtland4580 View Post
Still remains one of the strangest things Iíve witnessed.

Only reason Kirtland did not have running clock on Richmond is because Richmond walked off the field after the second touchdown. Just put Kirtland in the state title vs Marion Local already, those are the two best teams in division VI by far.
Old 11-07-18, 11:36 AM
All Region

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Kirtland 42 Norwayne 7. The Hornets would beat 90% of D - 1 teams.
90% of D1 teams? Kirtland wouldn't come within 2 TDs of any of the playoff teams in Region 1 lol. Kirtland is good, but lets not get carried away
Old 11-07-18, 12:16 PM
Freshman

ColtPride87 is on a distinguished road
I'm really intrigued to see how Norwayne fairs against Kirtland, they have built a really nice program over the past 8-10 years. I think they will be able to hang around, but i won't be surprised if Kirtland ends up dominating them. Good luck to the Bobcats!
Old 11-07-18, 08:03 PM
Junior Varsity

https://www.news-herald.com/sports/h...1ef347223.html

Found a preview for the game a few hours ago. Did not know Norwayne ran such a balanced offense. AND for 4,000+ total yards. Put that and the fact that both teams have 280+ pound linemen squaring off, now Iím REALLY looking forward to seeing how the Hornet D and Bobcat O fare against one another. Should be a fun one Friday night.

Old 11-08-18, 10:11 AM
Freshman

NW_cat_fan is on a distinguished road
I think Kirtland has this one, however, if the weather does what there saying it might do, and this becomes a slugfest, Norwayne has a chance. Bobcats have the ability to go with 2 230 backs in the lineup, and the QB, Harvey has really stepped up the last few weeks (9 TD's rushing). I think everyone will know early on weather the Cats can play with the Hornets. If Kirtland can move the ball at will on the first couple of possessions and the Cats get stuffed, that's it. Should be an interesting game, Cats know if you want to move on, you have to beat the best teams.
Old 11-08-18, 11:18 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW_cat_fan View Post
I think Kirtland has this one, however, if the weather does what there saying it might do, and this becomes a slugfest, Norwayne has a chance. Bobcats have the ability to go with 2 230 backs in the lineup, and the QB, Harvey has really stepped up the last few weeks (9 TD's rushing). I think everyone will know early on weather the Cats can play with the Hornets. If Kirtland can move the ball at will on the first couple of possessions and the Cats get stuffed, that's it. Should be an interesting game, Cats know if you want to move on, you have to beat the best teams.

You hit the nail right on the head. Having two heavy backs will be interesting. The Hornets defense is smaller as always (minus the two linemen at d-tackles), but theyíre fast to the ball and unusually strong for their size. Interested to see how much YAC the two backs get on Friday. Iím not sure how good Norwayneís D is, but Kirtlandís O has usually been lights out this year as they have a lot of weapons to choose from. I think Norwayneís O is a bit of the same too. Looking forward to tomorrow night.