Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-06-18, 05:37 PM
All District

Copley King is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
Nice general statement with ZERO knowledge of Hoban or anyone on the team. This statement is about as credible as saying Hoban gets football players from AAU. Pretty common for schools to offer financial aid packages for students based on household income that is through donation or endowment. Happens everywhere. The OHSAA found that the criteria for financial aid was consistent and that athletes were not given any special consideration over non-athletes along with testing and admission criteria. This was also being done when Hoban had a losing record. Of course athletes on finically aid get assistance from private funds. The entire school is run from private funding. Not hard to understand. Every student at Hoban has Privately funded tuition.

Funny how nobody cares when public school stadiums and secondary gyms are privately funded but heaven forbid a kid gets tuition assistance.
Man, you know alot about Hoban.....
Old 11-06-18, 05:41 PM
All American

SECfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copley King View Post
They're not.... Could you please tell me what's Hobans district???
It is called right up the butthole
Old 11-06-18, 05:52 PM
All District

Ok, now lets talk football!!!!!🤤... Garfield Heights hasn't played anymore to seriously say that their defense is legit, I do believe every team that they played has a losing record but padua.... And Hoban showed with St Ignatius and Cardinal mooney one linebacker doesn't mean anything, they both had studs at the linebacker positions and you seen the out come..... Hobans Front 7 I'm willing to say is the best in the state....Running doesn't seem to be an option and they're really not give QB's time in the pocket to throw.... If I'm wrong please correct me....
Old 11-06-18, 05:53 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by secfb View Post
it is called right up the butthole
🤔
Old 11-06-18, 05:58 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They're not.... Could you please tell me what's Hobans district???
Apparently...

East Akron, West Akron, North Hill, Kent, Brimfield, Stow, Mogadore, Portage Lakes, Kenmore, Uniontown, Medina, Firestone Park, Green, Norton, Barberton, Ellet, Cuyahoga Falls, Tallmadge, etc.),
Old 11-06-18, 06:02 PM
All Ohio

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ok, now lets talk football!!!!!🤤... Garfield Heights hasn't played anymore to seriously say that their defense is legit, I do believe every team that they played has a losing record but padua.... And Hoban showed with St Ignatius and Cardinal mooney one linebacker doesn't mean anything, they both had studs at the linebacker positions and you seen the out come..... Hobans Front 7 I'm willing to say is the best in the state....Running doesn't seem to be an option and they're really not give QB's time in the pocket to throw.... If I'm wrong please correct me....
Not predicting they'll hold up, but watching their film, this is the biggest and most athletic D Hoban will have faced. Almost all seniors.
Old 11-06-18, 06:15 PM
All Region

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Man, you know alot about Hoban.....
I am not a real Hoban supporter, I just play one on Yappi.
Old 11-06-18, 06:17 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECfb View Post
It is called right up the butthole
I am not even sure what this means?
Old 11-06-18, 06:21 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
Apparently...

East Akron, West Akron, North Hill, Kent, Brimfield, Stow, Mogadore, Portage Lakes, Kenmore, Uniontown, Medina, Firestone Park, Green, Norton, Barberton, Ellet, Cuyahoga Falls, Tallmadge, etc.),
West Akron, North Hill, Portage Lakes are districts?
Old 11-06-18, 06:23 PM
All American

Quote:
Apparently...

Please don't forget the Warren-Youngstown area. Lol
Old 11-06-18, 06:30 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby77 View Post
i am not a real hoban supporter, i just play one on yappi.
😉
Old 11-06-18, 06:33 PM
Junior Varsity

Football034 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are wrong on multiple fronts.... I donít know if Garfield will win but I highly doubt they will get blown out with that defense. That Willis kid is unreal and they have several other players that will go on to play college football. The biggest question with them will be fatigue. I am guessing you are looking at a schedule and have never seen them play. Hoban is for real no doubt but Garfield will not be walking onto that field at all intimidated.
Old 11-06-18, 06:33 PM
All District

Quote:
Apparently...

You forgot Copley.....😠
Old 11-06-18, 06:43 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football034 View Post
You are wrong on multiple fronts.... I don’t know if Garfield will win but I highly doubt they will get blown out with that defense. That Willis kid is unreal and they have several other players that will go on to play college football. The biggest question with them will be fatigue. I am guessing you are looking at a schedule and have never seen them play. Hoban is for real no doubt but Garfield will not be walking onto that field at all intimidated.
I've seen them play, I'm not taking anything from them... I'm just stating the fact that they haven't played anyone to say the D is Legit..... The fact that they have seniors doesn't mean anything..... This is not the 70's,80's or 90's the sophomores and juniors are built like freshman in college now days.... That team loaded with senior scenario means nothing with today young athletes.... If I'm wrong please correct me, You stated that I'm wrong on multiple fronts...... And I don't even have a dog in the fight
Old 11-06-18, 07:02 PM
Moderated User

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Apparently...

Plain Twp.
Old 11-06-18, 07:06 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Garfield Heights strength of schedule, 101 out of 107 D2 teams, Hoban 5th out of 107. I look at this game to be similar to 2nd round game vs Brush last year. We know how that worked out. GH with a good win last week against a decent Warren Harding team, but other than a win over Padua, there just isn’t much there. Very favorable schedule that doesn’t prepare you for a deep run. Hoban is just too deep, to strong and has just as much or more speed. You will also start to see more two way players on key downs as Hoban puts it’s very best athletes on the field. Remember, most of these starters have only been playing 2-3 quarters for most of the season. Very healthy and built for 15 weeks. Good luck to both teams. Hoban wins big.
Old 11-06-18, 07:31 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanknight View Post
It will be Garfield 1 Hoban 2323
That is a Cleveland classic right there! Loved that jingle as a youngster.

Old 11-06-18, 07:33 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfan22 View Post
garfield heights strength of schedule, 101 out of 107 d2 teams, hoban 5th out of 107. I look at this game to be similar to 2nd round game vs brush last year. We know how that worked out. Gh with a good win last week against a decent warren harding team, but other than a win over padua, there just isnít much there. Very favorable schedule that doesnít prepare you for a deep run. Hoban is just too deep, to strong and has just as much or more speed. You will also start to see more two way players on key downs as hoban puts itís very best athletes on the field. Remember, most of these starters have only been playing 2-3 quarters for most of the season. Very healthy and built for 15 weeks. Good luck to both teams. Hoban wins big.
👏👍
Old 11-06-18, 08:23 PM
Junior Varsity

Football034 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I've seen them play, I'm not taking anything from them... I'm just stating the fact that they haven't played anyone to say the D is Legit..... The fact that they have seniors doesn't mean anything..... This is not the 70's,80's or 90's the sophomores and juniors are built like freshman in college now days.... That team loaded with senior scenario means nothing with today young athletes.... If I'm wrong please correct me, You stated that I'm wrong on multiple fronts...... And I don't even have a dog in the fight
First off you haven't seen them play if you think their D isn't legit, that or you just don't know football that well. Their defense is legit and has multiple college players on it, or I wouldn't be told to go and watch them play. Also they have played a couple of teams over .500 but you have only mentioned Padua. Hoban has a lot of things going for them they are absolutely loaded (I have seen them on two occasions this year), I just hope for a good clean game and the weather to hold off. I just don't think this will be a blow out... BTW I don't have a dog in the fight either!!!!
Old 11-06-18, 09:28 PM
All Ohio

OBIE-WON is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECfb View Post
Is that the score for recruits? Going to be tough to beat the Northeast Ohio AAU All Stars, going under the name of Akron Hoban.
Lighten up there fella!!

Old 11-06-18, 09:38 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBIE-WON View Post
Lighten up there fella!!

Lighen up? Awesome..just lit up another bowl
Old 11-07-18, 07:14 AM
All Region

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
First off you haven't seen them play if you think their D isn't legit, that or you just don't know football that well. Their defense is legit and has multiple college players on it, or I wouldn't be told to go and watch them play. Also they have played a couple of teams over .500 but you have only mentioned Padua. Hoban has a lot of things going for them they are absolutely loaded (I have seen them on two occasions this year), I just hope for a good clean game and the weather to hold off. I just don't think this will be a blow out... BTW I don't have a dog in the fight either!!!!
You're right, they played a barely over .500 Valley Forge team that got steamrolled first round of the playoffs and had no business even being in the playoffs at 6-4 lmao.

Garfield's D is very good, but as someone mentioned earlier, Hoban has the ability to neutralize one really good player. I don't think Garfield's D is the issue here. Against the only 2 "above .500" teams they played this year, Garfield could only muster 19 and 20 points. Hoban hasn't given up more than 14 points since the week after Labor Day (2 months!!!! and that was only because of garbage time). Even Hoban's 2nd and 3rd stringers haven't given up points in garbage time. Garfield's D might have the ability to hold Hoban under 30, but good luck scoring double digits against this Hoban D as well.
Old 11-07-18, 09:29 AM
All District

Quote:
Maybe you don't know football.....🤔... Or maybe your just a old Retro football fan....im really think your more retro,Who have they played and beating to make you use a word like legit???? Or maybe it's who told you to go to the game i should question??? Its all in fun... see you at the game.....42-6 Hoban....
😉
Old 11-07-18, 09:31 AM
All District

Oh yeah, No dog in the fight!!!!
Old 11-07-18, 01:26 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Apparently...

Anyone else saying anything similar to this is accused of stalking.

Do you really know where these kids live?
Old 11-07-18, 01:31 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Oh yeah, No dog in the fight!!!!
Old 11-07-18, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I love how on every Hoban thread a new crew comes on, raises the "recruiting" issue and then struts around the thread like a proud peacock like they've come up with a new argument.
Old 11-07-18, 01:41 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I love how on every Hoban thread a new crew comes on, raises the "recruiting" issue and then struts around the thread like a proud peacock like they've come up with a new argument.

Old 11-07-18, 02:28 PM
All Ohio

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Made me LOL. Puts it in perfect perspective.
Old 11-07-18, 02:47 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Anyone else saying anything similar to this is accused of stalking.

Do you really know where these kids live?
Go read post #19 of this thread stupid. I cut and pasted it right from the guys post. Maybe you can ask him. Look at the first word of my post it says "APPARENTLY".. You are truly out of material on Massillon. This is all you got. Of course I know you will be all lathered up if Massillon loses in the playoffs and you and Man2Balls will go into the files to get all the paper Tiger jokes out.