Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who takes this one?
#1 Fort Loramie 20 83.33%
#5 Sidney Lehman Catholic 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-18, 08:02 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Fort Loramie- Sidney Lehman

haven't seen Lehman at all this year, know they have a QB that can wing it and that Coach Roll has 21 players out. Loramie has some very good athletes and have been putting big numbers up.

also where is this game being played at?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-18, 08:06 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
haven't seen Lehman at all this year, know they have a QB that can wing it and that Coach Roll has 21 players out. Loramie has some very good athletes and have been putting big numbers up.

Piqua.

Fort Loramie 35
Lehman Catholic 26
Old 11-05-18, 07:16 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
#1 (10-1) Fort Loramie v #5 (8-3) Sidney Lehman Catholic

Thoughts on this one? Does Lehman have a chance at the upset or are we looking at a Loramie/Minster or Loramie/Crestview Regional Championship?
Old 11-05-18, 07:42 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Lehman has a chance, though I think rather small. Playing on turf may help them as they are not as physically strong as Loramie, but have good speed. Think in the end Loramie wins by a couple scores provided they do not lose the turnover battle.

As for the other game, I do not see anyone knocking off a very strong Minster, but would like to see how much Loramie has closed the gap since the first of the year.
Old 11-05-18, 08:34 AM
All Region

Game is at Piqua which I thought Lehman has used as a home field before?
Old 11-05-18, 09:11 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
Game is at Piqua which I thought Lehman has used as a home field before?
not sure if they have played this year or not at piqua, but it doesn't really matter at this point , I don't think the Skins would care if they would play behind Lehman's High School...
Old 11-05-18, 09:14 AM
Varsity

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
not sure if they have played this year or not at piqua, but it doesn't really matter at this point , I don't think the Skins would care if they would play behind Lehman's High School...
I agree as I don't think it will matter much this week. For Loramie will roll big in this one.
Old 11-05-18, 02:00 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Remember when Lehman played on their old field and the press box was the actual classrooms in the school?

With that said, you (Loramie) aren't in the CCC any longer, this is where the big boyz rumble.

Lehman 35
Loramie 13
Old 11-05-18, 02:31 PM
Junior Varsity

StSebastian is on a distinguished road
Last time these two met on turf was in 2016 during a particularly disappointing season for the 'Skins when they went .500 and missed the playoffs for the first time in quite a few years... and they still walked away with a 20-0 win despite a lack luster offense.

Following up their traditional week 1 loss to Minster, Loramie has handled everyone with relative ease. Lehman will not likely put up much of a fight once the initial energy of this "old rivalry" dies down. They may get a quick score and catch them off guard, but I doubt they do much damage after that...

This is a MUCH different team in size, strength, skill, and strategy than the last time the Cavaliers saw them. Redskins roll.

Loramie 38
Lehman 10
Old 11-05-18, 02:40 PM
Varsity

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Remember when Lehman played on their old field and the press box was the actual classrooms in the school?

With that said, you (Loramie) aren't in the CCC any longer, this is where the big boyz rumble.

Lehman 35
Loramie 13
Not in the CCC anymore, this is where the big boyz rumble??? Lehman played 2 CCC teams this year... they got beat by Miami East 52-21, and they kicked a late FG to squeak by Ansonia by 1 point. Neither one of those are impressive showings... Your score is more likely to be reversed...

Loramie 35
Lehman 13
Old 11-05-18, 02:53 PM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
I remember when Lehman played at Wertz Field in Piqua.
Old 11-05-18, 02:58 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
Not in the CCC anymore, this is where the big boyz rumble??? Lehman played 2 CCC teams this year... they got beat by Miami East 52-21, and they kicked a late FG to squeak by Ansonia by 1 point. Neither one of those are impressive showings... Your score is more likely to be reversed...

Loramie 35
Lehman 13
Agreed with all this. Loramie is NOT the same as other CCC schools.

Loramie went to Miami East and won by two touchdowns. Lehman lost by 31.

Loramie beat Ansonia by 27. Lehman won by 1 point.

I look forward to next year when Loramie starts playing two MAC schools in the non conference. Madeira was nice for points this year but it makes sense to move on to more challenging games.
Old 11-05-18, 04:09 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I look forward to next year when Loramie starts playing two MAC schools in the non conference. Madeira was nice for points this year but it makes sense to move on to more challenging games.
That worked real well for Covington.
Old 11-05-18, 04:31 PM
All World

serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
It sure did. Each time they play a state contender it lets them know how close they are to getting there themselves. It’s a process, and if I’m a Loramie or Covington fan I’m happy as hell that my AD and head coach have the stones to do it.
Old 11-05-18, 04:35 PM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Lehman 35
Loramie 13
Are you serious? "This is where the big boyz rumble". We'll find out this weekend. Fort Loramie is a physically imposing team. I believe they'll have there way with LC. As Buckfan, points out, LC already lost to Miami East and barely beat Ansonia. Two teams FL physically dominated. Maybe LC isn't that far above the CCC's top teams itself? Again, we'll find out this weekend. I've got:

Fort Loramie 35
Lehman Catholic 7

Fort Loramie
Old 11-05-18, 04:38 PM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
To be fair, stepping out of the CCC to challenge yourself with a MAC school is commendable. For what it's worth, Covington has also beaten St. Henry during their series as well. I would be willing to bet that those first two weeks with St. Henry and Minster are part of what helped Covington run off 7 straight wins in a row. During that time they beat Miami East when many people didn't expect them to.

I would expect Fort Loramie to compete well with several MAC schools.
Old 11-05-18, 05:29 PM
All District

LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Lehman 35
Loramie 13
Good old Bridgeview Middle School and Julia Lamb field. If i remember right it was the home ec class room. Home concession was sold from a hall way window. That school was a dungeon.Pretty neat that they still play the 5th and 6th grade games on that field. Great place to watch a game, visitor side was so close to the field.

Ft. 28
SL 21
Old 11-05-18, 05:49 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex_dc_atc View Post
To be fair, stepping out of the CCC to challenge yourself with a MAC school is commendable. For what it's worth, Covington has also beaten St. Henry during their series as well. I would be willing to bet that those first two weeks with St. Henry and Minster are part of what helped Covington run off 7 straight wins in a row. During that time they beat Miami East when many people didn't expect them to.

I would expect Fort Loramie to compete well with several MAC schools.
All it did for Covington was give them 2 losses and a 1st rd. blow out loss to LCC. If the Buccs had scheduled a couple of cupcakes they may have been a 2nd or 3rd seed and possibly an easier 1st rd. play off opponent. If New Bremen was in the CCC they probably would have made the play offs and maybe won a game or two but instead they are sitting at home. Kirtland plays a cupcake schedule and it does not effect their play in the play offs at all. It is all about coaching and talent that's it.
Old 11-05-18, 05:51 PM
All Region

Msfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
All it did for Covington was give them 2 losses and a 1st rd. blow out loss to LCC. If the Buccs had scheduled a couple of cupcakes they may have been a 2nd or 3rd seed and possibly an easier 1st rd. play off opponent. If New Bremen was in the CCC they probably would have made the play offs and maybe won a game or two but instead they are sitting at home. Kirtland plays a cupcake schedule and it does not effect their play in the play offs at all. It is all about coaching and talent that's it.
Definitely agree.
Old 11-05-18, 10:04 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

what do you mean 21 players out? Injured or on the roster?
Old 11-05-18, 10:12 PM
All Region

Quote:
Couldn’t disagree more but you’re also comparing making playoffs in division 6 and 7 which are completely different. Had Loramie finished 8-2 they’d still be in contention for the one seed. You’re also assuming it would be two losses (which it may be). Regardless I think you’re overblowing the fact Loramie opted to drop Madeira for a closer and more competitive game. That’s all that is changing.
Old 11-05-18, 10:25 PM
All World

Quote:
Couldn’t disagree more but you’re also comparing making playoffs in division 6 and 7 which are completely different. Had Loramie finished 8-2 they’d still be in contention for the one seed. You’re also assuming it would be two losses (which it may be). Regardless I think you’re overblowing the fact Loramie opted to drop Madeira for a closer and more competitive game. That’s all that is changing.
My point is FL was no.1 seed with the schedule they have now , why change playing a couple of MAC schools to begin the season is not going to make you a better team ( once again has it helped Covington in the play offs answer no ). Playing a tougher schedule only exposes a team to more risk of injury something most D - 7 schools can ill afford. It is all about coaching and talent, schedule means nothing.
Old 11-05-18, 10:27 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
what do you mean 21 players out? Injured or on the roster?
on roster
Old 11-05-18, 10:29 PM
All Region

Quote:
My point is FL was no.1 seed with the schedule they have now , why change playing a couple of MAC schools to begin the season is not going to make you a better team ( once again has it helped Covington in the play offs answer no ). Playing a tougher schedule only exposes a team to more risk of injury something most D - 7 schools can ill afford. It is all about coaching and talent, schedule means nothing.
Agree to disagree. If a 5-5 Minster makes playoffs I’m sure as hell thinking they’re battle tested and ready to make noise based off the opponents they’ve faced. Scheduling matters. Fort Loramie is not hurting on numbers either as their roster is 50+ deep.

I assume your next statement will be about the toughness of Minster and then equating Fort Loramie to Covington again but I’ll tell you, you couldn’t be more wrong. Loramie and Minster excel at the same sports. Basketball, Cross Country, Baseball (3 state titles in the last 11 years). Unless you think that 1 mile that separates the two towns is where the border between the talented and the rest of everyone lies then I find it nearly impossible to say scheduling doesn’t matter. The schedule Minster plays prepares them for the playoffs. Loramie is taking that next step starting next year in their scheduling.

Last edited by ReadyKnightsFan; 11-05-18 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-05-18, 10:45 PM
All World

Quote:
Agree to disagree. If a 5-5 Minster makes playoffs I’m sure as hell thinking they’re battle tested and ready to make noise based off the opponents they’ve faced. Scheduling matters. Fort Loramie is not hurting on numbers either as their roster is 50+ deep.
Minster wins because of Stokes and a community that lets him coach with out interfering.
Old 11-05-18, 10:52 PM
All World

Quote:

I assume your next statement will be about the toughness of Minster and then equating Fort Loramie to Covington again but I’ll tell you, you couldn’t be more wrong. Loramie and Minster excel at the same sports. Basketball, Cross Country, Baseball (3 state titles in the last 11 years). Unless you think that 1 mile that separates the two towns is where the border between the talented and the rest of everyone lies then I find it nearly impossible to say scheduling doesn’t matter. The schedule Minster plays prepares them for the playoffs. Loramie is taking that next step starting next year in their scheduling.
I think the Cats scrimmages also helps, and this was started by Coach Moore, I don't think Minster has had a home scrimmage while Moore and Stokes have been here. This year the Cats played bellefountaine, Franklin, New Richmond, and Northmont and then finishes with Wapakoneta...

who is Loramie playing next year?
Old 11-06-18, 12:00 AM
All World

serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
It is all about coaching and talent, schedule means nothing.
Your one ‘proof’ of this always seems to be Kirtland, but I consider them an outlier. Look at the perennial powers - hell, many are MAC teams with murderous schedules. Or in the larger divisions it’s Ignatius, Eds, and Mentor, or the GCL schools - they never win titles after tearing through easy regular season slates. It could be argued that Kirtland would have MORE titles if they played a tougher regular season schedule.

Which other dynastic teams have gotten where they are by playing mediocre competition?
Old 11-06-18, 04:53 AM
All Region

Msfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
. It could be argued that Kirtland would have MORE titles if they played a tougher regular season schedule.
?
Kirtland would have three more state titles if it weren't for Goodwin, Otten, and Stokes. Without LaVerde Kirtland had zero state titles. I'm not saying schedule strength is without merit. It is a factor, but coaching is way more important.
Old 11-06-18, 08:27 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Heard the Ft Loramie coach's interview this morning on the radio and he admitted that he and his staff are peaking ahead to next week and started to break down and look at film of Minster/Crestview.

Every other coach who gets asked this question on the show always play it off they are only concentrating on the game at hand blah blah blah.

Loramie's coach must be pretty confident in this win.
Old 11-06-18, 08:46 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Uh, Covington does not have the same athletes as the MAC area, Loramie does. Loramie will improve way more by playing MAC competition than what Covington does. I would equate the gap between Covington and the MAC playoff caliber teams to the gap between Minster and Northmont. There is some benefit in exposing the athlete to just where he needs to get to, but the ability to make that gap totally close is likely out of their physical capability. With Loramie, that gap is capable of being bridged.