Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 11-07-18, 06:13 PM
1oldballcoach 1oldballcoach is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-31-16
Posts: 66
1oldballcoach is on a distinguished road
Little Miami qb passing against Edgewood was non existent. The Qb only shows up and passes well against weak out of conference teams. He can run well but cannot throw for accuracy. WW schedule prepares them.... Can't say the same for Little Miami. Pretty sure the Panthers are in way over their heads this week.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 11-07-18, 06:14 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,766
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Oh ok. I see. When I look at them I see 2013 Loveland. The Little Miami backs are like Waddell. If Winton Woods spots them 21 points, like the Warriors spotted Olentangy, its game over. The #8 seed was the only team the Warriors could had got away with that.
Uh help me this is beyond believeable. Uh Woods will smoke LM and everybody knows it.Uh LM no kid even in the same class as Waddell and you know it.Uh "sand bagging 101."
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 11-07-18, 06:54 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,716
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh help me this is beyond believeable. Uh Woods will smoke LM and everybody knows it.Uh LM no kid even in the same class as Waddell and you know it.Uh "sand bagging 101."
A Little Miami dad came on Yappi and expressed the talent his kid has. IJS. Sounded like Waddell type of talent.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 11-07-18, 07:00 PM
Pantherdadof2 Pantherdadof2 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-09-18
Posts: 35
Pantherdadof2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
A Little Miami dad came on Yappi and expressed the talent his kid has. IJS.
That Little Miami dad is a clown. Always has been and always will be.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 11-07-18, 07:01 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 692
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
A Little Miami dad came on Yappi and expressed the talent his kid has. IJS. Sounded like Waddell type of talent.


Hahahahaha, guess who.......?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 11-07-18, 07:20 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,716
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
The Little Miami coach guaranteed a win during a WCPO webcast. Wow. Little Miami has a chip on its shoulder. I hope Winton Woods takes it personal.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 11-07-18, 07:51 PM
Manmythlegeng66 Manmythlegeng66 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-06-18
Posts: 83
Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Guys, you make me insane! LM has talent. They are a good team. Are they WW? No. But they are talented. The running backs are good football players. Not great. The QB has a good arm but has battled injuries in the second half of the year. Against Harrison and Mt Healthy he lit it up. No they aren't WW. But they were decent playoff teams. He did not do well against Edgewood but was injured in the first game. In the second game he got the job done when it counted. Now Hosed for God sake stop talking about Mahon! It's done. Are you that upset about a HS football loss you can't let it go a week later? Your team should have won but didn't because they didn't show up when it counted! They didn't finish.

Oldball if you hate the schedule so much go to Pantling and offer to do it for him. Oh my god stop with the same old song and dance. They play who they play and last I checked against playoff teams this year they are 2-2. And knocked 1 team out of playoffs I'm D1 (yes that team was horrible, but they were in it at the end)

As for the Warrior guys continue being classy. WW is one of marquee programs in cincy. LM is privelaged to have an opportunity to earn a crack at them.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 11-07-18, 08:29 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 574
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
You think Little Miami will score?
Since you think we're favored...yea we may put up a few...
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 11-07-18, 08:35 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 692
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmythlegeng66 View Post
Guys, you make me insane! LM has talent. They are a good team. Are they WW? No. But they are talented. The running backs are good football players. Not great. The QB has a good arm but has battled injuries in the second half of the year. Against Harrison and Mt Healthy he lit it up. No they aren't WW. But they were decent playoff teams. He did not do well against Edgewood but was injured in the first game. In the second game he got the job done when it counted. Now Hosed for God sake stop talking about Mahon! It's done. Are you that upset about a HS football loss you can't let it go a week later? Your team should have won but didn't because they didn't show up when it counted! They didn't finish.



Oldball if you hate the schedule so much go to Pantling and offer to do it for him. Oh my god stop with the same old song and dance. They play who they play and last I checked against playoff teams this year they are 2-2. And knocked 1 team out of playoffs I'm D1 (yes that team was horrible, but they were in it at the end)



As for the Warrior guys continue being classy. WW is one of marquee programs in cincy. LM is privelaged to have an opportunity to earn a crack at them.


Well said dude. Canít stand Mahon but gameplan and get to work. Play the damn game and letís see whatís up....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 11-07-18, 08:35 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 574
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmythlegeng66 View Post
Guys, you make me insane! LM has talent. They are a good team. Are they WW? No. But they are talented. The running backs are good football players. Not great. The QB has a good arm but has battled injuries in the second half of the year. Against Harrison and Mt Healthy he lit it up. No they aren't WW. But they were decent playoff teams. He did not do well against Edgewood but was injured in the first game. In the second game he got the job done when it counted. Now Hosed for God sake stop talking about Mahon! It's done. Are you that upset about a HS football loss you can't let it go a week later? Your team should have won but didn't because they didn't show up when it counted! They didn't finish.

Oldball if you hate the schedule so much go to Pantling and offer to do it for him. Oh my god stop with the same old song and dance. They play who they play and last I checked against playoff teams this year they are 2-2. And knocked 1 team out of playoffs I'm D1 (yes that team was horrible, but they were in it at the end)

As for the Warrior guys continue being classy. WW is one of marquee programs in cincy. LM is privelaged to have an opportunity to earn a crack at them.
Exactly. Gil won't stop ripping the schedule even after we advanced to week 12. Cupcake schedule didn't hurt us last week. He can't support the program without taking shots. As far as Mahon, I like that he has brought some swagger to LM football. Hoser is still sour we sent them packing at their place.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 11-07-18, 08:57 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 692
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Exactly. Gil won't stop ripping the schedule even after we advanced to week 12. Cupcake schedule didn't hurt us last week. He can't support the program without taking shots. As far as Mahon, I like that he has brought some swagger to LM football. Hoser is still sour we sent them packing at their place.


Donít push your luck Pete, yíall got lucky, letís leave it at that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 11-07-18, 08:59 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 692
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Just tackle 28 and hand the ball off quickly to 12 and 4 and you should be fine. Gotta be quick though, no time to be looking down field.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 11-07-18, 09:12 PM
mrsimp06 mrsimp06 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-09-11
Posts: 1,398
mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Thats too many. If he has to have that many carries, then the Warriors are in a battle.
I remember a few years back when you wanted the Warriors to do nothing but run, I think the evolution of the throwing QB within the Warrior system has helped this program. I wonder how nasty some of those early 2000 squads would be if they threw the ball a little more.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 11-07-18, 09:21 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 574
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Donít push your luck Pete, yíall got lucky, letís leave it at that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luck or not...You won the battle, we won the war. We sent you guys packing on your home field and it still feels great!
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 11-07-18, 09:24 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,716
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
I remember a few years back when you wanted the Warriors to do nothing but run, I think the evolution of the throwing QB within the Warrior system has helped this program. I wonder how nasty some of those early 2000 squads would be if they threw the ball a little more.
Offense has definitely evolved. We have the weapons on the outside to do some damage. But when it comes down to putting it away finish with the running game.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 11-07-18, 09:28 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 692
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Luck or not...You won the battle, we won the war. We sent you guys packing on your home field and it still feels great!


You sound like you need some relations with PTPatten.

Focus on the game ahead. Run the ball quickly, straight ahead. Take your 4 yards and be happy. Iím trying to help.
Your Oline cannot block WW dline and LBs.

Be fast on the dline. The center gets rattled if the NG is quick. Pay attention, tell that mo mo Mahon what Iím saying. Play your offense and loose. Be quick, run hard and you may win. Play slow spread and go home early.

JS


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 11-07-18, 10:08 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 574
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
I worry about our O line too. Thanks for the support. You are the only level headed Edgewood fan on here.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 11-07-18, 10:18 PM
luvOHHSfootball luvOHHSfootball is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-06-18
Posts: 10
luvOHHSfootball is on a distinguished road
See there's been alot of talk on this thread regarding Coach Nate Mahon. Other than possibly the LM posters, rest of you folks know very little about the man. Coming from his previous coaching post - Northwest High School - I can tell you he's NOT the guy some of you think he is. I can tell you he has very little class and he's not a very good coach. Came to us after leaving a PA school in the lurch 3 weeks before their season. Though he was getting the Hamilton job back then. Wound up taking over for our former coach who actually got the Hamilton job. Yeah, we had a few good seasons as Mahon was "gifted" a pretty talented roster from previous coach. After 2 seasons, Mahon couldn't coach and team faltered. Took LM job for bigger $. As I've been told he also walked into some talented athlete classes - including this Patten kid. I recall the kid did well in our conference (led in rushing and scoring). Not sure what's happened to him since. I've been told by some he's ruined the kid - although I've also heard the kid's dad is quite a piece of work. But please, don't think too highly of Mahon. He is NOT a good coach, pretty dumb offense, and definitely not a good person!
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 11-07-18, 10:23 PM
luvOHHSfootball luvOHHSfootball is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-06-18
Posts: 10
luvOHHSfootball is on a distinguished road
With the Hamilton job opening up again, wouldn't surprise us Northwest folks if Mahon moves on, that is if Hamilton matches the pay raise he got from LM. He was like a $40,000 a year History teacher with us. Sure he thinks in his classic Mahon arrogance he can "turn it around" at Hamilton like he takes credit for our program and LM. Bet there are some at LM who know I'm telling the truth here.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 11-07-18, 10:49 PM
ptpattenpackerfan ptpattenpackerfan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-16-16
Posts: 53
ptpattenpackerfan is on a distinguished road
Full-of_Crap (Pull-to-Trap) are you still posting comments? Thought you might calm your supposed expert prognostications down a bit after last week. LOL! Yeah, ask your #10 how it felt to be put out of the game by that player you called a "rag doll?" Oh and if memory serves, that "rag doll" also made the game clinching int. Didn't see any fumbles on his part either. What was your prediction for that game again? As some have stated, how are basketball try-outs going? As they say, "he who laughs last, laughs loudest!" My "heifer" wife and I certainly had the last laugh! Bye, bye! Oh, and Peterdragon, come on, you really believe this guy is "level-headed?"
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 11-08-18, 03:27 AM
Pantherdadof2 Pantherdadof2 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-09-18
Posts: 35
Pantherdadof2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpattenpackerfan View Post
Full-of_Crap (Pull-to-Trap) are you still posting comments? Thought you might calm your supposed expert prognostications down a bit after last week. LOL! Yeah, ask your #10 how it felt to be put out of the game by that player you called a "rag doll?" Oh and if memory serves, that "rag doll" also made the game clinching int. Didn't see any fumbles on his part either. What was your prediction for that game again? As some have stated, how are basketball try-outs going? As they say, "he who laughs last, laughs loudest!" My "heifer" wife and I certainly had the last laugh! Bye, bye! Oh, and Peterdragon, come on, you really believe this guy is "level-headed?"
Oh my coming on here and boasting about how your boy knocked #10 out of the game is about as classless as it gets. You are an embarrassment to Little Miami and just keep digging yourself in a public relations hole that you will never come out of. You call yourself a Pastor..... You should be ashamed. Keep continuing to smoke those cigarettes and drink that PBR. Smh......
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 11-08-18, 06:15 AM
Manmythlegeng66 Manmythlegeng66 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-06-18
Posts: 83
Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpattenpackerfan View Post
Full-of_Crap (Pull-to-Trap) are you still posting comments? Thought you might calm your supposed expert prognostications down a bit after last week. LOL! Yeah, ask your #10 how it felt to be put out of the game by that player you called a "rag doll?" Oh and if memory serves, that "rag doll" also made the game clinching int. Didn't see any fumbles on his part either. What was your prediction for that game again? As some have stated, how are basketball try-outs going? As they say, "he who laughs last, laughs loudest!" My "heifer" wife and I certainly had the last laugh! Bye, bye! Oh, and Peterdragon, come on, you really believe this guy is "level-headed?"
Man, stop it! Be better than that. #10 is probably a 17 year old kid. We dont celebrate injuries. Be proud of your sons accomplishments but dont talk ish. No one is that good. Have class! That is so embarrassing!
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 11-08-18, 06:29 AM
Manmythlegeng66 Manmythlegeng66 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-06-18
Posts: 83
Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvOHHSfootball View Post
See there's been alot of talk on this thread regarding Coach Nate Mahon. Other than possibly the LM posters, rest of you folks know very little about the man. Coming from his previous coaching post - Northwest High School - I can tell you he's NOT the guy some of you think he is. I can tell you he has very little class and he's not a very good coach. Came to us after leaving a PA school in the lurch 3 weeks before their season. Though he was getting the Hamilton job back then. Wound up taking over for our former coach who actually got the Hamilton job. Yeah, we had a few good seasons as Mahon was "gifted" a pretty talented roster from previous coach. After 2 seasons, Mahon couldn't coach and team faltered. Took LM job for bigger $. As I've been told he also walked into some talented athlete classes - including this Patten kid. I recall the kid did well in our conference (led in rushing and scoring). Not sure what's happened to him since. I've been told by some he's ruined the kid - although I've also heard the kid's dad is quite a piece of work. But please, don't think too highly of Mahon. He is NOT a good coach, pretty dumb offense, and definitely not a good person!
I for one do not believe Mahon is infallable everyone is lured by there own pride, arrogance, and the almighty $. What happened to Patten is he is not the focal point any more. He is a key cog in what they do, but not a focal point. They also started trying to play kids only on one side of the ball and he fell more into the Defensive side. He has returned to the offensive side once teams started stopping and keying on Dawson and Reder got hurt.

I also believe that there is a strong possibility Mahon may leave. I also know he is quite fond of what he has coming up as well at LM. Hamilton would be a pride job, but he does have strong roots in Morrow now as well. So who knows? The team he left when he moved back home was Bishop McDevitt. Bishop McDevitt is a big national team from Harrisburg. They were featured on the show QB1 that is on Netflix. I also believe that he was only an OC for them or QB coach or something. I think its not an admiration of him, but more respect that LM has for him. He took a job no one wanted and has now helped guide them to success. The next coach could and should be able to grow on top of that. I also think where he might have changed some culture, this job will attract a good coach, not someone's dad. Rather it be next year or in future years. I know people who knew Mahon in HS and college and from what I gather, who know him personally, he is just like every other football coach thats out there in his mentality and human beings. Football coaches are just coaches, they have influence, but the whole we are molder men thing and we should be held to higher standard thing is stupid. They just coach football and look for there next opportunity to better themselves just like everyone else.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 11-08-18, 07:13 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,716
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Man, what the hell has happened to Yappi? Im outta here.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 11-08-18, 07:37 AM
NewOldBlood NewOldBlood is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-08-17
Posts: 358
NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpattenpackerfan View Post
Full-of_Crap (Pull-to-Trap) are you still posting comments? Thought you might calm your supposed expert prognostications down a bit after last week. LOL! Yeah, ask your #10 how it felt to be put out of the game by that player you called a "rag doll?" Oh and if memory serves, that "rag doll" also made the game clinching int. Didn't see any fumbles on his part either. What was your prediction for that game again? As some have stated, how are basketball try-outs going? As they say, "he who laughs last, laughs loudest!" My "heifer" wife and I certainly had the last laugh! Bye, bye! Oh, and Peterdragon, come on, you really believe this guy is "level-headed?"
Too far Pastor Patten, I'm sure you've heard the phrase "turn the other cheek" or at least I would expect you have.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 11-08-18, 07:42 AM
AllSports12 AllSports12 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-31-07
Posts: 3,443
AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
This guy's a Pastor?
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 11-08-18, 07:50 AM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 692
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmythlegeng66 View Post
Man, stop it! Be better than that. #10 is probably a 17 year old kid. We dont celebrate injuries. Be proud of your sons accomplishments but dont talk ish. No one is that good. Have class! That is so embarrassing!
Its alright. #10 wasn't "knocked out" of the game. He was in on the next series. He played a great game on both sides of the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 11-08-18, 07:51 AM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 13,041
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Man, what the hell has happened to Yappi? Im outta here.
Fifth time's the charm, I guess.

Thoughts and Prayers.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 11-08-18, 07:56 AM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 1,078
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Man, what the hell has happened to Yappi? Im outta here.


Agreed!
Can't do it.
I will be back on WW threads after this game....if WW wins lol!
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 11-08-18, 08:07 AM
Manmythlegeng66 Manmythlegeng66 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-06-18
Posts: 83
Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Man, what the hell has happened to Yappi? Im outta here.
I agree totally. Good luck to the Warriors! And to LM! I am hoping for a good one.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winton Woods gocards Football 205 09-19-18 08:03 PM
LCC and Winton Woods In HS Football Purgatory radiodavel 2 Football 14 07-31-18 09:05 PM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM
Official Thread Elder vs. Winton Woods warriorblue Football 311 11-23-17 07:46 AM
2018 First Team All Southwest Team Announced Comet Dad Football 1 11-16-17 11:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz