Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-07-18, 06:13 PM
Varsity

1oldballcoach is on a distinguished road
Little Miami qb passing against Edgewood was non existent. The Qb only shows up and passes well against weak out of conference teams. He can run well but cannot throw for accuracy. WW schedule prepares them.... Can't say the same for Little Miami. Pretty sure the Panthers are in way over their heads this week.
Old 11-07-18, 06:14 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Oh ok. I see. When I look at them I see 2013 Loveland. The Little Miami backs are like Waddell. If Winton Woods spots them 21 points, like the Warriors spotted Olentangy, its game over. The #8 seed was the only team the Warriors could had got away with that.
Uh help me this is beyond believeable. Uh Woods will smoke LM and everybody knows it.Uh LM no kid even in the same class as Waddell and you know it.Uh "sand bagging 101."
Old 11-07-18, 06:54 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh help me this is beyond believeable. Uh Woods will smoke LM and everybody knows it.Uh LM no kid even in the same class as Waddell and you know it.Uh "sand bagging 101."
A Little Miami dad came on Yappi and expressed the talent his kid has. IJS. Sounded like Waddell type of talent.
Old 11-07-18, 07:00 PM
Junior Varsity

Pantherdadof2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A Little Miami dad came on Yappi and expressed the talent his kid has. IJS.
That Little Miami dad is a clown. Always has been and always will be.
Old 11-07-18, 07:01 PM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A Little Miami dad came on Yappi and expressed the talent his kid has. IJS. Sounded like Waddell type of talent.

Hahahahaha, guess who.......?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-18, 07:20 PM
All Yappi

The Little Miami coach guaranteed a win during a WCPO webcast. Wow. Little Miami has a chip on its shoulder. I hope Winton Woods takes it personal.
Old 11-07-18, 07:51 PM
Varsity

Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Guys, you make me insane! LM has talent. They are a good team. Are they WW? No. But they are talented. The running backs are good football players. Not great. The QB has a good arm but has battled injuries in the second half of the year. Against Harrison and Mt Healthy he lit it up. No they aren't WW. But they were decent playoff teams. He did not do well against Edgewood but was injured in the first game. In the second game he got the job done when it counted. Now Hosed for God sake stop talking about Mahon! It's done. Are you that upset about a HS football loss you can't let it go a week later? Your team should have won but didn't because they didn't show up when it counted! They didn't finish.

Oldball if you hate the schedule so much go to Pantling and offer to do it for him. Oh my god stop with the same old song and dance. They play who they play and last I checked against playoff teams this year they are 2-2. And knocked 1 team out of playoffs I'm D1 (yes that team was horrible, but they were in it at the end)

As for the Warrior guys continue being classy. WW is one of marquee programs in cincy. LM is privelaged to have an opportunity to earn a crack at them.
Old 11-07-18, 08:29 PM
All Ohio

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You think Little Miami will score?
Since you think we're favored...yea we may put up a few...
Old 11-07-18, 08:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmythlegeng66 View Post
Guys, you make me insane! LM has talent. They are a good team. Are they WW? No. But they are talented. The running backs are good football players. Not great. The QB has a good arm but has battled injuries in the second half of the year. Against Harrison and Mt Healthy he lit it up. No they aren't WW. But they were decent playoff teams. He did not do well against Edgewood but was injured in the first game. In the second game he got the job done when it counted. Now Hosed for God sake stop talking about Mahon! It's done. Are you that upset about a HS football loss you can't let it go a week later? Your team should have won but didn't because they didn't show up when it counted! They didn't finish.

Oldball if you hate the schedule so much go to Pantling and offer to do it for him. Oh my god stop with the same old song and dance. They play who they play and last I checked against playoff teams this year they are 2-2. And knocked 1 team out of playoffs I'm D1 (yes that team was horrible, but they were in it at the end)

As for the Warrior guys continue being classy. WW is one of marquee programs in cincy. LM is privelaged to have an opportunity to earn a crack at them.

Well said dude. Canít stand Mahon but gameplan and get to work. Play the damn game and letís see whatís up....

Old 11-07-18, 08:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

Exactly. Gil won't stop ripping the schedule even after we advanced to week 12. Cupcake schedule didn't hurt us last week. He can't support the program without taking shots. As far as Mahon, I like that he has brought some swagger to LM football. Hoser is still sour we sent them packing at their place.
Old 11-07-18, 08:57 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Exactly. Gil won't stop ripping the schedule even after we advanced to week 12. Cupcake schedule didn't hurt us last week. He can't support the program without taking shots. As far as Mahon, I like that he has brought some swagger to LM football. Hoser is still sour we sent them packing at their place.

Donít push your luck Pete, yíall got lucky, letís leave it at that.

Old 11-07-18, 08:59 PM
All Ohio

Just tackle 28 and hand the ball off quickly to 12 and 4 and you should be fine. Gotta be quick though, no time to be looking down field.

Old 11-07-18, 09:12 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thats too many. If he has to have that many carries, then the Warriors are in a battle.
I remember a few years back when you wanted the Warriors to do nothing but run, I think the evolution of the throwing QB within the Warrior system has helped this program. I wonder how nasty some of those early 2000 squads would be if they threw the ball a little more.
Old 11-07-18, 09:21 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Donít push your luck Pete, yíall got lucky, letís leave it at that.

Luck or not...You won the battle, we won the war. We sent you guys packing on your home field and it still feels great!
Old 11-07-18, 09:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
I remember a few years back when you wanted the Warriors to do nothing but run, I think the evolution of the throwing QB within the Warrior system has helped this program. I wonder how nasty some of those early 2000 squads would be if they threw the ball a little more.
Offense has definitely evolved. We have the weapons on the outside to do some damage. But when it comes down to putting it away finish with the running game.
Old 11-07-18, 09:28 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Luck or not...You won the battle, we won the war. We sent you guys packing on your home field and it still feels great!

You sound like you need some relations with PTPatten.

Focus on the game ahead. Run the ball quickly, straight ahead. Take your 4 yards and be happy. Iím trying to help.
Your Oline cannot block WW dline and LBs.

Be fast on the dline. The center gets rattled if the NG is quick. Pay attention, tell that mo mo Mahon what Iím saying. Play your offense and loose. Be quick, run hard and you may win. Play slow spread and go home early.

JS

Old 11-07-18, 10:08 PM
All Ohio

I worry about our O line too. Thanks for the support. You are the only level headed Edgewood fan on here.
Old 11-07-18, 10:18 PM
Freshman

luvOHHSfootball is on a distinguished road
See there's been alot of talk on this thread regarding Coach Nate Mahon. Other than possibly the LM posters, rest of you folks know very little about the man. Coming from his previous coaching post - Northwest High School - I can tell you he's NOT the guy some of you think he is. I can tell you he has very little class and he's not a very good coach. Came to us after leaving a PA school in the lurch 3 weeks before their season. Though he was getting the Hamilton job back then. Wound up taking over for our former coach who actually got the Hamilton job. Yeah, we had a few good seasons as Mahon was "gifted" a pretty talented roster from previous coach. After 2 seasons, Mahon couldn't coach and team faltered. Took LM job for bigger $. As I've been told he also walked into some talented athlete classes - including this Patten kid. I recall the kid did well in our conference (led in rushing and scoring). Not sure what's happened to him since. I've been told by some he's ruined the kid - although I've also heard the kid's dad is quite a piece of work. But please, don't think too highly of Mahon. He is NOT a good coach, pretty dumb offense, and definitely not a good person!
Old 11-07-18, 10:23 PM
Freshman

luvOHHSfootball is on a distinguished road
With the Hamilton job opening up again, wouldn't surprise us Northwest folks if Mahon moves on, that is if Hamilton matches the pay raise he got from LM. He was like a $40,000 a year History teacher with us. Sure he thinks in his classic Mahon arrogance he can "turn it around" at Hamilton like he takes credit for our program and LM. Bet there are some at LM who know I'm telling the truth here.
Old 11-07-18, 10:49 PM
Varsity

ptpattenpackerfan is on a distinguished road
Full-of_Crap (Pull-to-Trap) are you still posting comments? Thought you might calm your supposed expert prognostications down a bit after last week. LOL! Yeah, ask your #10 how it felt to be put out of the game by that player you called a "rag doll?" Oh and if memory serves, that "rag doll" also made the game clinching int. Didn't see any fumbles on his part either. What was your prediction for that game again? As some have stated, how are basketball try-outs going? As they say, "he who laughs last, laughs loudest!" My "heifer" wife and I certainly had the last laugh! Bye, bye! Oh, and Peterdragon, come on, you really believe this guy is "level-headed?"
Old 11-08-18, 03:27 AM
Junior Varsity

Pantherdadof2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpattenpackerfan View Post
Full-of_Crap (Pull-to-Trap) are you still posting comments? Thought you might calm your supposed expert prognostications down a bit after last week. LOL! Yeah, ask your #10 how it felt to be put out of the game by that player you called a "rag doll?" Oh and if memory serves, that "rag doll" also made the game clinching int. Didn't see any fumbles on his part either. What was your prediction for that game again? As some have stated, how are basketball try-outs going? As they say, "he who laughs last, laughs loudest!" My "heifer" wife and I certainly had the last laugh! Bye, bye! Oh, and Peterdragon, come on, you really believe this guy is "level-headed?"
Oh my coming on here and boasting about how your boy knocked #10 out of the game is about as classless as it gets. You are an embarrassment to Little Miami and just keep digging yourself in a public relations hole that you will never come out of. You call yourself a Pastor..... You should be ashamed. Keep continuing to smoke those cigarettes and drink that PBR. Smh......
Old 11-08-18, 06:15 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Man, stop it! Be better than that. #10 is probably a 17 year old kid. We dont celebrate injuries. Be proud of your sons accomplishments but dont talk ish. No one is that good. Have class! That is so embarrassing!
Old 11-08-18, 06:29 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvOHHSfootball View Post
See there's been alot of talk on this thread regarding Coach Nate Mahon. Other than possibly the LM posters, rest of you folks know very little about the man. Coming from his previous coaching post - Northwest High School - I can tell you he's NOT the guy some of you think he is. I can tell you he has very little class and he's not a very good coach. Came to us after leaving a PA school in the lurch 3 weeks before their season. Though he was getting the Hamilton job back then. Wound up taking over for our former coach who actually got the Hamilton job. Yeah, we had a few good seasons as Mahon was "gifted" a pretty talented roster from previous coach. After 2 seasons, Mahon couldn't coach and team faltered. Took LM job for bigger $. As I've been told he also walked into some talented athlete classes - including this Patten kid. I recall the kid did well in our conference (led in rushing and scoring). Not sure what's happened to him since. I've been told by some he's ruined the kid - although I've also heard the kid's dad is quite a piece of work. But please, don't think too highly of Mahon. He is NOT a good coach, pretty dumb offense, and definitely not a good person!
I for one do not believe Mahon is infallable everyone is lured by there own pride, arrogance, and the almighty $. What happened to Patten is he is not the focal point any more. He is a key cog in what they do, but not a focal point. They also started trying to play kids only on one side of the ball and he fell more into the Defensive side. He has returned to the offensive side once teams started stopping and keying on Dawson and Reder got hurt.

I also believe that there is a strong possibility Mahon may leave. I also know he is quite fond of what he has coming up as well at LM. Hamilton would be a pride job, but he does have strong roots in Morrow now as well. So who knows? The team he left when he moved back home was Bishop McDevitt. Bishop McDevitt is a big national team from Harrisburg. They were featured on the show QB1 that is on Netflix. I also believe that he was only an OC for them or QB coach or something. I think its not an admiration of him, but more respect that LM has for him. He took a job no one wanted and has now helped guide them to success. The next coach could and should be able to grow on top of that. I also think where he might have changed some culture, this job will attract a good coach, not someone's dad. Rather it be next year or in future years. I know people who knew Mahon in HS and college and from what I gather, who know him personally, he is just like every other football coach thats out there in his mentality and human beings. Football coaches are just coaches, they have influence, but the whole we are molder men thing and we should be held to higher standard thing is stupid. They just coach football and look for there next opportunity to better themselves just like everyone else.
Old 11-08-18, 07:13 AM
All Yappi

Man, what the hell has happened to Yappi? Im outta here.
Old 11-08-18, 07:37 AM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Too far Pastor Patten, I'm sure you've heard the phrase "turn the other cheek" or at least I would expect you have.
Old 11-08-18, 07:42 AM
All World

AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
This guy's a Pastor?
Old 11-08-18, 07:50 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Man, stop it! Be better than that. #10 is probably a 17 year old kid. We dont celebrate injuries. Be proud of your sons accomplishments but dont talk ish. No one is that good. Have class! That is so embarrassing!
Its alright. #10 wasn't "knocked out" of the game. He was in on the next series. He played a great game on both sides of the ball.
Old 11-08-18, 07:51 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Fifth time's the charm, I guess.

Thoughts and Prayers.
Old 11-08-18, 07:56 AM
All American

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Agreed!
Can't do it.
I will be back on WW threads after this game....if WW wins lol!
Old 11-08-18, 08:07 AM
Varsity

Quote:
I agree totally. Good luck to the Warriors! And to LM! I am hoping for a good one.