Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-04-18, 09:51 AM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Winton Woods vs. Little Miami

Winton Woods faces their toughest test of the year against the defensive minded Little Miami squad. Will the Warriors special teams be the difference? A lot of questions, with a few answers until Friday night.
#Begin
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-18, 10:40 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Winston Woulds defense is terrible, LM offense is terrible. So should be a great game.

Miyan Willams 28
LM 0
Old 11-04-18, 10:54 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
All i know is if we give up 35 first half points to anybody else in this region and get behind by 21 we lose. What kind of offense does Little Miami run? I notice that the young brother, Dawson had 3 carries for -2 yards in the game Friday. Is he injured or something?
Old 11-04-18, 11:16 AM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
I think Winton Woods gets whatever that was out of their system and wins comfortably this time out, say 42-14 or so. I still like them to make it to state.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-18, 11:30 AM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
Winton Woods faces their toughest test of the year against the defensive minded Little Miami squad. Will the Warriors special teams be the difference? A lot of questions, with a few answers until Friday night.
#Begin
No disrespect to LM, but they will not be WW toughest test of the year.
Old 11-04-18, 11:57 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
It would be easy to say LM doesn't have a chance buf i no better. When I get chance to watch LM I wiil give me assessment. Im concerned about the slow starts of WW. The Injuries have been mounting up since week 5 or so!.
On the other hand this team has grit, heart, and alot of fight. This team takes on the personality of the head coach!
Old 11-04-18, 12:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
It would be easy to say LM doesn't have a chance buf i no better. When I get chance to watch LM I wiil give me assessment. Im concerned about the slow starts of WW. The Injuries have been mounting up since week 5 or so!.
On the other hand this team has grit, heart, and alot of fight. This team takes on the personality of the head coach!
Blue I hear you but the injuries are now at a point that we cant overcome. I hate to say it. Little Miami catching us at the right time.
Old 11-04-18, 12:12 PM
All Yappi

Im praying that OSHAA picks a reasonably nice site. I perfer Princeton or Mason. Please not Withrow or Edgewood. A GMC site at least with reasonably new turf.
Old 11-04-18, 12:14 PM
All Yappi

Game being reported to be played at Hamilton. Ill take it!
Old 11-04-18, 12:19 PM
All Ohio

firehawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Im praying that OSHAA picks a reasonably nice site. I perfer Princeton or Mason. Please not Withrow or Edgewood. A GMC site at least with reasonably new turf.

I am guessing Lakota West maybe. We will see in a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-18, 12:28 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Game being reported to be played at Hamilton. Ill take it!

Good choice if so.

Old 11-04-18, 12:45 PM
Varsity

1oldballcoach is on a distinguished road
Coming off a nice win for the program where the defense was stellar and kept us around long enough to get a score. Don't know if we will be able to control this WW offense like we did against Edgewoods offense. As far as our offense.... A lot has to get done this week. From play calling to establishing the run to throwing deep on most first downs is not the answer. We can't go 2nd and 10 most possessions and expect to move the ball. We will see.
Old 11-04-18, 01:00 PM
All American

Running Man 101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
LM is fast and athletic, but not big. Should be a good match-up. The offense is much better than they played this week.
Old 11-04-18, 01:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You mean Andre the great sucks playing defense
Old 11-04-18, 01:31 PM
All Yappi

PS someone tell 88 to keep his pad level lower and stop the hands to the quarterbacks head. Methinks that wonít play well going forward
Old 11-04-18, 02:09 PM
All Ohio

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
All i know is if we give up 35 first half points to anybody else in this region and get behind by 21 we lose. What kind of offense does Little Miami run? I notice that the young brother, Dawson had 3 carries for -2 yards in the game Friday. Is he injured or something?
The young brother Dawson seemed to be healthy but was used as more of a decoy and a blocking back friday. I wondered why he didn't get more touches as well. Our play calling is questionable at times.
Old 11-04-18, 02:56 PM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Withrows turf is only like 3-4 years old. But I don't think Withrows makes any sense as a venue for two teams well north of Withrow.
Old 11-04-18, 03:48 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
No disrespect to LM, but they will not be WW toughest test of the year.
LM defensively is a problem for the Warriors, The Warriors will need to play sound football or end up like Edgewood supporters, on other people's thread talking junk.
Old 11-04-18, 05:43 PM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
LM defensively is a problem for the Warriors,
The Warriors will need to play sound football or end up like Edgewood supporters, on other people's thread talking junk.

What?

LM is no Elder or Moeller. and would be crushed by both...WW by 30+...

WW is no West High people...SMH
Old 11-04-18, 05:49 PM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
WW, 48
LM, 7

Mercy 7, late in the game.
Old 11-04-18, 06:04 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice season for LM but I think WW just rolls this game. Running clock by the Warriors... 49-14
Old 11-04-18, 06:12 PM
Varsity

Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
WW is really good I watched a couple of there games this year. The O-line is incredible. Running back is the best I've seen in years. On defense the D-line is the best part. Backers are good but D-line helps them a lot. DB are agressive and struggle over the middle and intermediate routes.

As for LM they should not be near a favorite at all. They will have to play perfect to have a shot. They have to be opportunistic on Defense. And passing game has to be on point. I think LM can hang I don't it'll be a blow out. If the LM shows up that played at Edgewood in mentality it will be a fight.
Old 11-04-18, 06:53 PM
Varsity

Little Miami offense has been non existent against any teams of quality. Little Miami Qb must spin the rock better than 4 for 17 for us to remotely have a chance. Period.
Old 11-04-18, 06:55 PM
All World

cheaptilt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If your worried about injuries might want to have your boys tape their ankles even if they aren't hurt.
Old 11-04-18, 07:02 PM
All Ohio

Looks like Mahon is heading back to his Alma Matar to coach this one as the game is at Hamilton. I wonder if he knows he is going to win this one as he said on WMOH after the game and then preceded to make excuses as to why they lost the first game at Edgewood. Little Miami defense could make it respectable. But I canít see their offense doing anything. The bulk of their yardage came on 3 plays against Edgewood 2 of which resulted in the 10 points.

Old 11-04-18, 07:04 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Nice season for LM but I think WW just rolls this game. Running clock by the Warriors... 49-14
Uh all Woods has to do is give the ball to Williams and get out of the way.Will they? Who knows coaches want to be the next Vince Lombardi in stead of just doing what works.
Old 11-04-18, 07:08 PM
All World

cheaptilt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
Looks like Mahon is heading back to his Alma Matar to coach this one as the game is at Hamilton. I wonder if he knows he is going to win this one as he said on WMOH after the game and then preceded to make excuses as to why they lost the first game at Edgewood. Little Miami defense could make it respectable. But I canít see their offense doing anything. The bulk of their yardage came on 3 plays against Edgewood 2 of which resulted in the 10 points.

What he failed to mention on the radio is that in the first game he quit on his team. It's shows character for those boys tup come out and play hard for a coach that absolutely quit on them 2 wks before
Old 11-04-18, 07:17 PM
All Ohio

I wasnít at the first game but thatís what I have heard. He said on the radio after the game that he didnít have all his players and the QB couldnít throw because he was hurt. Edgewood lost Phillips there best running back just before the half but I didnít see Clemmons making excuses and blaming that for the loss nor should he. Just think that was a little lame.

Old 11-04-18, 07:32 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaptilt View Post
What he failed to mention on the radio is that in the first game he quit on his team. It's shows character for those boys tup come out and play hard for a coach that absolutely quit on them 2 wks before
Definitely agree he quit. Hands down.
Old 11-05-18, 07:39 AM
All American

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Warriors need to get out of the gate in this game and get on the board first.
If WW doesn't execute early the LM defense will gain confidence.

After watching the Olentangy game on you tube last night, I don't think WW is gonna be messin around in this game.