Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Colerain vs. Milford - GMC circa 2005 edition
Cardinals win by 28+ 35 74.47%
Cardinals win by 14-27 10 21.28%
Cardinals win by 1-13 0 0%
Eagles win...by any amount 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-18, 11:38 PM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
D1 R4 Playoffs - Regional Semi-Final: Milford (9-2) vs. Colerain (11-0)

Just going to put this here and let's see what happens...

-CardinalsFan
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-18, 12:25 AM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Colerain picks a score.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-18, 01:22 AM
COLERAIN ROCKS

chaingang is on a distinguished road
Cards roll 42-7 Milford will move the ball in the air but no shot at winning the game They just won their state.
Old 11-04-18, 01:30 AM
All Region

Cards=fam is on a distinguished road
I know it was just a scrimmage but grippa swears his team held their own this yr vs colerain. Heís obv proven to be a good coach. I would be surprised if colerain didnít win but I donít think Milford should be considered an easy win either. Obv they can play
Old 11-04-18, 07:57 AM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the Colerain players and coaches are going to overlook this game and focus on the potential to play Elder. Therefore they won't be mentally prepared. This game could be closer than anyone is predicting. I've seen many games over the years where a team like Colerain is supposed to win just by showing up and have lost. That's why you play the game. Good luck to both teams.

Last edited by ELKSONE; 11-04-18 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-04-18, 08:05 AM
This is the year

gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSONE View Post
I think the Colerain players and coaches are going to overlook this game and focus on the potential to play Moeller. Therefore they won't be mentally prepared. This game could be closer than anyone is predicting. I've seen many games over the years where a team like Colerain is supposed to win just by showing up and have lost. That's why you play the game. Good luck to both teams.

Colerain has not won 20 straight GMC championships and 136 out of 137 GMC games by overlooking opponents. Heaven knows they have had many opportunities over the last 20 years. If they lose it will not be because they overlooked an opponent. Anyway, the potential to play Moeller is gone this year.
Old 11-04-18, 08:06 AM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think the Colerain players and coaches are going to overlook this game and focus on the potential to play Moeller. Therefore they won't be mentally prepared. This game could be closer than anyone is predicting. I've seen many games over the years where a team like Colerain is supposed to win just by showing up and have lost. That's why you play the game. Good luck to both teams.
Um sir, Moellerís season is over
Old 11-04-18, 09:45 AM
All World

CardDad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No chance!
Old 11-04-18, 09:54 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards View Post
Colerain has not won 20 straight GMC championships and 136 out of 137 GMC games by overlooking opponents. Heaven knows they have had many opportunities over the last 20 years. If they lose it will not be because they overlooked an opponent. Anyway, the potential to play Moeller is gone this year.
Ya I agree. I donít know may hs team the prepares more than colerain.
I also donít know what elks is talking about. Can anyone think of a game colerain should have won but lost bc they werenít mentally ready?
I can think of some late playoff games that colerain was expected to win but thatís the playoffs. Anything can happen and those are really good teams. They didnít lose bc they wernt ready. I think thatís an extremely far stretch. Not to mention they have never lost a first round game. Ever!! 20-0 now thatís the best record out of 717 schools
Old 11-04-18, 10:43 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
I wouldn't expect Colerain to overlook Milford.

And I suspect that the game may be a little closer then most people think with the Cards winning by a 21 - 28 point margin. My reason for thinking this might not be a running clock game the entire 2nd half is:

* There's always the chance that the Milford win over FF conveyed a lot of confidence to the Eagles and they will play very well as a consequence.

* Grippa. He is a very good coach and he'll have his team ready to play.

* Colerain has to think beyond this game. In order to get back to the State Championship game Colerain must get past the Regional Finals (likely Elder) and the Semifinals (likely a team from Columbus) so I would look for coach Bolden to rest key players as soon as it's safe to do so. No one will remember beating Milford 56 - 7 as opposed to 42 - 14 if the Cards are stopped in the semifinal game again.

So my prediction is Colerain wins 42 - 14.
Old 11-04-18, 10:47 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards=fam View Post
Ya I agree. I donít know may hs team the prepares more than colerain.
I also donít know what elks is talking about. Can anyone think of a game colerain should have won but lost bc they werenít mentally ready?
I can think of some late playoff games that colerain was expected to win but thatís the playoffs. Anything can happen and those are really good teams. They didnít lose bc they wernt ready. I think thatís an extremely far stretch. Not to mention they have never lost a first round game. Ever!! 20-0 now thatís the best record out of 717 schools
Exactly right. And keep in mind that the three Columbus area teams that Colerain was favored to beat but lost to in the semifinals went on to win the State Championship that year. So in truth those games should have been pick um or even had the Cards as underdogs.
Old 11-04-18, 10:52 AM
GO ELKS!

Quote:
Yep, my mistake, not sure why I was thinking Moeller.
Old 11-04-18, 11:44 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post

And I suspect that the game may be a little closer then most people think with the Cards winning by a 21 - 28 point margin. My reason for thinking this might not be a running clock game the entire 2nd half is:

* There's always the chance that the Milford win over FF conveyed a lot of confidence to the Eagles and they will play very well as a consequence.

* Colerain has to think beyond this game. In order to get back to the State Championship game Colerain must get past the Regional Finals (likely Elder) and the Semifinals (likely a team from Columbus) so I would look for coach Bolden to rest key players as soon as it's safe to do so. No one will remember beating Milford 56 - 7 as opposed to 42 - 14 if the Cards are stopped in the semifinal game again.

LOTR10,
Tell us more about the supposed dirty play. Should we be more concerned about that than a telented Milford team?
Old 11-04-18, 12:45 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post

Very few games this yr did colerain play varsity players in the second half at all. If colerain wins this 42-14 I will be thrilled. Thatís a beat down. I would hope no one thinks it would be worse than that. This is still a second round game and they did just beat a good FF team. I was thinking a game more like 35-24 should be expected. Or even 28-10. The passing ability of Milford concerns me. However Iím not sure how good their o-Line is.
Old 11-04-18, 01:29 PM
GO ELKS!

Here is an example, 1991 Elder and Princeton were expected to blow through their opponents Centerville and Oxford Talwanda. Heck, the Enquirer was already discussing where the Elder vs Princeton matchup was to take place. Both teams were heavily favored and lost. A very untalented Centerville team, Coach Bob Greggs words, made it to the finals only to lose by 3 points. I'm just stating that it can and has happened where the underdog shocks the king of the mountain.
Old 11-04-18, 02:10 PM
2018 GMC & GCL Champs!

tofer23 is on a distinguished road
Colerain will beat Milford just as bad as they beat every other mid level team in the GMC. They lost to Princeton 34-16! Kings beat them! Colerain’s JV could beat Kings.
GRIPPA hasn’t beaten Colerain in about 20 years, have to go alll the way back to the Elder days.

Tofer23’s Pic:

The Mighty Colerain Cardinals 49

MILFord Eagles 7

Ain’t no guess, it’s what it’s gonna be!

Last edited by tofer23; 11-04-18 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Moeller sux!
Old 11-04-18, 02:15 PM
2018 GMC & GCL Champs!

Any word on the site for the game yet? Nothing on OHSAA website yet. Hoping for Mason
Old 11-04-18, 02:34 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofer23 View Post
Any word on the site for the game yet? Nothing on OHSAA website yet. Hoping for Mason
Mike Dyer is saying at St X
Old 11-04-18, 03:14 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardDad View Post
Mike Dyer is saying at St X
Confirmed it is X. Convenient for colerain. Thatís a short bus trip. Anyone with objections?
Old 11-04-18, 03:41 PM
This is the year

gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards=fam View Post
Confirmed it is X. Convenient for colerain. Thatís a short bus trip. Anyone with objections?

I object if They are allowed to charge us $10 for parking.
Old 11-04-18, 04:03 PM
All World

Quote:
I object if They are allowed to charge us $10 for parking.
Iím sure it will be their fundraiser. But donít care. Just glad weíre there.
Old 11-04-18, 05:31 PM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
Milford, Great Season...

This is not the ECC...No matter the location Colerian is going to smack you around.

Welcome back to GMC play... I think the last 2 times Milford played Colerain they lost by 70. Not as bad this time but it will be by 35....
Old 11-04-18, 05:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
LOTR10,
Tell us more about the supposed dirty play. Should we be more concerned about that than a telented Milford team?
To be honest I didn't see it CardDad. And believe me I see EVERY opponents PF, holding or PI - real or in my imagination. The play where we lost our QB was an odd one where the Milford DT appeared to just snatch the ball away from the QB as the QB tried to elude him. Then there was a big scrum as everyone fell down on each other.

Maybe something happened at the bottom of the pile that the coaches saw but I didn't see. From my vantage point Milford didn't strike me as a dirty team.
Old 11-04-18, 05:53 PM
All Region

Quote:
Here is an example, 1991 Elder and Princeton were expected to blow through their opponents Centerville and Oxford Talwanda. Heck, the Enquirer was already discussing where the Elder vs Princeton matchup was to take place. Both teams were heavily favored and lost. A very untalented Centerville team, Coach Bob Greggs words, made it to the finals only to lose by 3 points. I'm just stating that it can and has happened where the underdog shocks the king of the mountain.
Well sure itís happened and sure it can happen again. But thatís not what you said. You said colerain would overlook them and thatís why they would lose. as many people have now said colerain will not overlook Milford and it hasnít happened in the past for colerain. Sure colerain could lose but it wonít be bc they overlooked a team.
Old 11-04-18, 05:56 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Iím sure it will be their fundraiser. But donít care. Just glad weíre there.
Inflation drove the price to $15
Old 11-04-18, 06:41 PM
2018 GMC & GCL Champs!

Since it is at X, does the Tailgating/Drinking ban apply to Non-Christians?
Old 11-04-18, 08:13 PM
All American

Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFB Fan View Post
Milford, Great Season...

This is not the ECC...No matter the location Colerian is going to smack you around.

Welcome back to GMC play... I think the last 2 times Milford played Colerain they lost by 70. Not as bad this time but it will be by 35....
Milford actually won the first two meetings between these teams, unfortunately those games were in 1947 and 1948.

The last seven when to the Cardinals and the only close game was in 1999. And yes, in the last two Colerain did get to 70 points.

1947 Colerain 12 Milford 18
1948 Colerain 0 Milford 6
1997 Colerain 62 Milford 17
1999 Colerain 10 Milford 7
2000 Colerain 54 Milford 0
2001 Colerain 29 Milford 0
2003 Colerain 40 Milford 14
2004 Colerain 70 Milford 3
2005 Colerain 76 Milford 0
Old 11-05-18, 08:12 AM
All Region

Colerain Fan is on a distinguished road
I think this is a great warm up game for the passing attack of Elder / Bitner.

If the Cards struggle keeping the passing attack of Milford under control, Elder could possibly go buck wild on the Cards defense. Pretty sure the Cards can shut them down, but we'll see how it plays out and if they expose anything on the Cardinal Defense.

Elder also gets a good warm up against the Triple Option of Lakota East.

Region 4 Week 2 games I think will provide great insight into the Regional Final whoever makes it.

Hard not to think a Colerain-Elder collision course though is not in the making.

Good luck to all.
Old 11-05-18, 08:18 AM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colerain Fan View Post

If the Cards struggle keeping the passing attack of Milford under control, Elder could possibly go buck wild on the Cards defense. Pretty sure the Cards can shut them down, but we'll see how it plays out and if they expose anything on the Cardinal Defense.

Elder also gets a good warm up against the Triple Option of Lakota East.

Region 4 Week 2 games I think will provide great insight into the Regional Final whoever makes it.

Hard not to think a Colerain-Elder collision course though is not in the making.

Good luck to all.
So interesting that you posted this as I was thinking the exact same thing on the drive in to work this morning. How ironic is it that either East is preparing Elder for Colerain or Colerain is preparing Milford for East....or more than likely, vice versa!

If the seeds hold, seeing Milford now is excellent because more than likely, they won't have the defense necessary to stop Colerain from scoring multiple touchdowns so a Win is likely, though not guaranteed. However, for Colerain to see this type of passing attack now will only help them if they advance, as does Elder.

Now, if East throws a monkey wrench in the whole thing and manages to beat Elder...WOW...that would be a story.

Anyone remember the last time the R4 final did NOT have a GCL team involved?

-CardinalsFan
Old 11-05-18, 08:24 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colerain Fan View Post

Agreed. Obviously Colerain is going to hang close to four bits on Milford in this game. The question for me will be how well they shut down Milford's offense.

If it's a 49-28 or 56-35 type game, that might signal some concern about next week.