Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-18, 12:57 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by YTown09 View Post
I believe he made it to the championship game in 2006, but I do not believe they won.
Yeah at West middesex they got rolled by a juggernaut that year
Old 11-05-18, 12:59 AM
All American

Hubbard has the players to play with Steubenville absolutely, it’s all gonna come down to turnovers early. If either team jumps out early it can go either way. Steubenville is my pick but if Daniels plays the way he’s capable of and gets some help from the others I wouldn’t be shocked if Hubbard won. At least there’s literally anywhere you want to eat before the game in boardman.
Old 11-05-18, 01:08 AM
All District

erdna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Hope your team thinks that way too. You guys get nervous when you hear Ursuline or Mooney are in the region. I think Saturday you'll get something similar. This won't look like the Hubbard team you may remember 20 years ago if you go back that far.

Nervous of 2 teams that combined for 5 wins??? C'mon man, you know what time it is. Great season Hubbard but it's time for you to get the basketball's out after Saturday. THE ONLY HUBBARD WE ACKNOWLEDGE IS NATE!
Old 11-05-18, 01:51 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdna View Post
Nervous of 2 teams that combined for 5 wins??? C'mon man, you know what time it is. Great season Hubbard but it's time for you to get the basketball's out after Saturday. THE ONLY HUBBARD WE ACKNOWLEDGE IS NATE!
Boo donít say that, their hoops team stinks lol
Old 11-05-18, 04:10 AM
Freshman

TheRed is on a distinguished road
Aaaahhh feels great to be BACK! Anyways, we'll all have to wait and see what happens Saturday.
Old 11-05-18, 04:18 AM
All American

SOARING-EAGLE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hope your team thinks that way too. You guys get nervous when you hear Ursuline or Mooney are in the region. I think Saturday you'll get something similar. This won't look like the Hubbard team you may remember 20 years ago if you go back that far.
Its all good sportster.... In due time!!!!
Old 11-05-18, 06:02 AM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yea I wouldn't be to proud of Nate after his comments a few years ago. Didnt you guys literally make a thread on your other site over the fact mooney was officially eliminated from the playoffs this year... c'mon man! Lol
Old 11-05-18, 07:03 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yea I wouldn't be to proud of Nate after his comments a few years ago. Didnt you guys literally make a thread on your other site over the fact mooney was officially eliminated from the playoffs this year... c'mon man! Lol

The Mooney hate is real. I applaud and commend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-18, 07:28 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
The Mooney hate is real. I applaud and commend it.

Right but again. Hate brought on by their success.
Old 11-05-18, 08:17 AM
All District

Quote:
We sent them packing in round 2 last year as we will you this year.
Old 11-05-18, 08:18 AM
All Ohio

YTown09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nate-the 2nd best rb on the field the last time the Eagles took on BR.
Old 11-05-18, 08:35 AM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Is this Big Red team more disciplined than Renoís teams in the past? Both on and off the field?
Undisciplined teams donít win championships or average 11+ wins a year over a 35 year period. Reno will soon be the winningest coach in Ohio High School football history. He might even be close enough to get there Saturday.

And you talk about discipline......why was it your stud RB didnít play Saturday? As far as discipline off the field, for every knucklehead Reno has coached who got in trouble off the field, heís coached 50 who have gone on to be educated, good citizens including doctors, attorneys, teachers, and a host of professions. Am I hearing you say that HHS football players are immune to trouble off the field? You have no idea what some of these kids in Steubenville are up against as far as the world they are born into. For many itís a freaking miracle they even make it through graduation. Many with zero parental involvement. That football program and Reno specifically have saved lives, getting kids with little chance of success graduating and going on to earn degrees and be good husbands, fathers and citizens....and I donít mean going to college and playing football. Itís people like you who throw stones from your glass houses that keep people down.
Old 11-05-18, 08:46 AM
All Ohio

YTown09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Undisciplined teams donít win championships or average 11+ wins a year over a 35 year period. Reno will soon be the winningest coach in Ohio High School football history. He might even be close enough to get there Saturday.

And you talk about discipline......why was it your stud RB didnít play Saturday? As far as discipline off the field, for every knucklehead Reno has coached who got in trouble off the field, heís coached 50 who have gone on to be educated, good citizens including doctors, attorneys, teachers, and a host of professions. Am I hearing you say that HHS football players are immune to trouble off the field? You have no idea what some of these kids in Steubenville are up against as far as the world they are born into. For many itís a freaking miracle they even make it through graduation. Many with zero parental involvement. That football program and Reno specifically have saved lives, getting kids with little chance of success graduating and going on to earn degrees and be good husbands, fathers and citizens....and I donít mean going to college and playing football. Itís people like you who throw stones from your glass houses that keep people down.
Somebody struck a nerve.
Old 11-05-18, 09:07 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

Eh some of it sure. Not all of it.

Old 11-05-18, 09:08 AM
All Yappi

Steubenville vs Hubbard Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post

There stud running back didnít play on Saturday because heís a good for nothing punk that does nothing but punk stuff and has since his freshman year when he got kicked out of Mooney.

But historically Hubbard has been nothing but respectful to their opponents. Hoff is a good guy but his vision gets cloudy sometimes when he wants to win games/ help these at risk kids. Dilemma a lot of Ytown area coaches deal with.

Last edited by Spread All Day; 11-05-18 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-05-18, 09:36 AM
Junior Varsity

vikingfan1 is on a distinguished road
What happened to #8? They swept that under the rug as well.
Old 11-05-18, 09:49 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown09 View Post
nate-the 2nd best rb on the field the last time the eagles took on br.
20-7...
Old 11-05-18, 09:52 AM
All District

Bigred95 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Bigred95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsteen View Post
1. Big Red was never challenged in their wins?
2. Could this be a weak region?
1. Second game of the year, Big Red only won by 4 points. Would you not consider that a challenge? It was right after their first regular season loss in how many years? I would say that first loss along with such a close game with a team many considers far inferior to Big Red the spark they needed for the rest of the season.
2. A non-sequitur! Why? Because up until week 11, Big Red had not played anyone in the Region, so to infer that the region is weak because Big Red hadn't been challenged doesn't make sense!

I really like this game! Hubbard is a solid team with a chip on their shoulders, but I think this game will play out a lot like the IC v. Hubbard game, where it's close through the first half, then Big Red pulls away in the second. I know Hubbard likes to tout their great run defense, but I guarantee no team they've played this year runs the ball like Big Red! And I know Big Red's passing game isn't what some would like it to be, but if you focus too much on the run, that's exactly when Big Red kills you with the pass!
Athletic QBs with the ability to both run and throw have given Big Red fits in the past, but that threat is usually nullified after adjustments are made.
And say what you want about Big Red's schedule, but the fact of the matter is, Hubbard lost to Youngstown East and East is sitting at home this week!
Old 11-05-18, 09:58 AM
All Region

RollRed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivchonk View Post
Wow really!!!!!!! We all know Steubenville is in a leauge of there own and should probably get bumped to d3 but don't hate on region 15. Remember just a few yrs back regional final game Indian valley had you on the ropes and lost by 1.
2013 was one of the worst teams in Big Red history. We were 6-4 and the 8th seed and still won the regional championship. Also you lost 17-14
Old 11-05-18, 10:06 AM
All World

5 Days until Action at Boardman Spartan Stadium. Wings Up!!!! First time all year Hubbard is a underdog and a big one at that. I'm kind of loving this.
Old 11-05-18, 10:19 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingfan1 View Post
What happened to #8? They swept that under the rug as well.

Old 11-05-18, 10:20 AM
All Yappi

If there was a betting line, how many points would you give Hubbard? 3? 7? 10? 20?

Old 11-05-18, 10:33 AM
All District

Quote:
If there was a betting line, how many points would you give Hubbard? 3? 7? 10? 20?

I only bet the moneyline...
Old 11-05-18, 10:47 AM
All Region

Steubenville is a 15 point favorite according to Drew Pasteur
Old 11-05-18, 10:50 AM
All Region

Here’s the spread:

Big Red -13 1/2

O/U 45 1/2
Old 11-05-18, 10:56 AM
All World

Quote:

Take it you want to see Hubbard get smoked?
Old 11-05-18, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Take it you want to see Hubbard get smoked?

No I didnít say that. I was just curious on what you guys were think the betting line was. Only Mahoning Valley teams I really want to see lose in the post season is Ursuline and Mooney. I want the Eagles to win this week do not mistake it. But I donít think they will.

Old 11-05-18, 01:01 PM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Somebody struck a nerve.
Yes you did. But I said my peace/piece
Old 11-05-18, 01:22 PM
All American

roberto21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Yeah at West middesex they got rolled by a juggernaut that year
They got beat by Southern Columbia who had won 4 straight PA state championships and West Middlesex was the fifth. And none were even close.
That was the Big Reds' first loss going 15-1.
Old 11-05-18, 02:03 PM
Varsity

Flying high is on a distinguished road
Hoffmann 8-8 at Hubbard in playoffs where Eagles are 12-14 overall. Eagles 15th time in the tournament.
Closed Thread