Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-18, 04:55 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredfollowing View Post
Several good posts. Curious desperation and hope trying to judge the best team by opponents wins, with our only loss coming against a 10-0 Division 2 team who may have the most talented passing attack and balanced offense compared to any school in Ohio.

That being said, Hubbard has one chance, pass deep (quickly) or bait and screen. If you try and wait for plays to develop over the middle or long outs, your quarterback is toast, game is over. If you systematically pass deep and throw early, it will be a slugfest and last possession may win it.

The rare games and teams with Mooney/Hartley college lines and flawless execution and significant depth, come along once in a while in our Division, but our lines this year are so well balanced (between offensive and defensive) and we have untypical depth, can't see many if any Div IV teams triumphing in the trenches.

As far as our passing, Valuska had an excellent comment. I will echo for last night and offer that our passing game is horrendous, maybe the worst in team history (since OHSAA playoff inception). No one can say Mitchell isn't a passing quarterback because he only had one game but at least he can THROW the ball. We have limited depth at WR and a very troublesome secondary, in particular on one side and with the safeties. Secondary does play good run support but pass coverage is non-existent when you go away from Michell. But not worried, as opponents cant figure it out or coaches are too prideful and quarterbacks get too scared to stick with the plan when they get punched and harried.

However, while we have no balanced offense for the first time probably in 15 years, our running attack may be the strongest I have witnessed in 40 years. Our fullback depth and talent may be the best in the state, certainly in Division IV, and how many teams anymore use the fullback routine and regularly on almost every formation and play? Give our coaches credit, they recognized the depth and talent we have at the fullback position (and Crawford has emerged from the "pack" as one of the best running backs in school history and only a junior), and they recognize our passing game stinks since Mitchell went down, and have structured and developed a running attack since Week 2 that is scary and hard to stop.

Boardman is an awesome venue, here's to good weather and a hyped crowd. I know many of us have respect for Hubbard, and it seems no love for Perry on this thread. Hope the Eagles bring a large vociferous crowd, and maybe we can conjure up a home and home in the future.

RRR

No worries with the Hubbard passing game. None. They will run the QB all night and with their RB gone they have some speed for jet sweeps. Hubbard will have to win the turnover battle to win. I personally think BR is a much more balanced better coached team and that will be the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-18, 05:11 PM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Hubbard is capable of hitting the long ball through the air. Daniel's has done it all season long when needed to. He's also been very good throwing in the red zone.
Old 11-04-18, 05:21 PM
All Region

valuska is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Not many teams in D3/DIV have the line depth the eagles gave this year. That imo can give Hubbard a chance here. The eagles rotate an additional 5 linemen along with their starters to keep guys fresh on both offense and defense. This has allowed Hubbard to wear teams out in a lot of second halves. A lot of the scores Hubbard has allowed this year have been on quick drop back throw it up type plays where the secondary wasn't in position or the receiver made a phenomenal play. Daniel's was on point when throwing vs IC. He'll need to bring that again this week. Without a doubt Hubbard has to throw to win.
Big Red also has great depth on offensive and defensive line. They generally play platoon lines with three available back ups that play both offensive and defense. I have never seen Big Red lose the conditioning battle. You will NOT see them worn down.
Old 11-04-18, 05:27 PM
All World

wghfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by valuska View Post
Big Red also has great depth on offensive and defensive line. They generally play platoon lines with three available back ups that play both offensive and defense. I have never seen Big Red lose the conditioning battle. You will NOT see them worn down.
Hubbard QB is a legit 4.4 or 4.5 40 kid. He is very slippery, so you will have to contain the edges. Don't know how much speed you guys have on defense this year, but he can be a problem
Old 11-04-18, 05:40 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuska View Post
That's a given. But I do think this aspect can help Hubbard battle next week. Heck even in 2014 when we had our best team in history with 5 D1 starters we didnt have the depth we do now. Hubbard needs to clean up penalties to stay competitive this week. 12 for 150 yards in week 11 is a sin.
Old 11-04-18, 06:20 PM
All Region

YTOWN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannoli137 View Post
Your memory is better then mine, lol. I remember that Chaney vs Big Red game @ East Liverpool, had my company vehicle towed for parking near Rt 7
We must have been luckier than you that night as we just pulled over slightly off the road on 7 just south of the ramp from 11 across from the stadium. The parking situation there was never the best.
Old 11-04-18, 06:48 PM
All Region

Springsteen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Let me answer question number 2....in the past 3 years and through week 11 this year Big Red has played in 16 playoff games. Many of the seniors on this team have played AND practiced an extra 11 games and weeks. I’m not sure most folks realize the value from that additional experience. Not just game experience, but playoff game experience, which any real football fan knows is different from regular season experience. In the playoffs these kids have come from behind, given up leads, faced adverse situations, won championships and lost heartbreaking final games. They have faced going home 16 times in the last 3 years. Reno and most or much of his staff will be coaching their 94th playoff game. That’s what 2015, 2016 and 2017 have to do with this years game. Reno is 67-26 in playoff games. He wins 72% of his playoff games. Hell, more than half the schools can’t win 70% of the time in the first 10 weeks. My turn for a question right?

1 How many playoff games and the threat of going home have Hubbard’s Sr’s played in in their careers.

2. How many playoff games has this Hubbard staff even coached, let alone win.
I’ll hang up and listen to your response.
Pick the phone...

1. Hate to burst your Crimson and Black bubble, but the last 3 years doesn't mean squat this year. Live in the present. Different teams, different kids. Reno would tell you himself he's isn't basing anything from years past.
2. What you continue to ignore, is Steuby has beaten only 3 teams this season with a winning record. 3!! That isn't fake news. Have they been challenged? I mean really challenged? Time will tell.
3. Big Red AND Hubbard have each won 1 playoff game in 2018. That is what matters. Best of luck to both teams.

...Click...
Old 11-04-18, 07:18 PM
Junior Varsity

Ivchonk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post
1) Possibly Big Red is better then you/people think.
2) Weak region????? Big Red, Hubbard, Perry, Girard

3) You do realize Big Red has been in the state championship game the last 3 years.

4) If this is a weak region...what would you consider the other regions, specifically region 15?
Wow really!!!!!!! We all know Steubenville is in a leauge of there own and should probably get bumped to d3 but don't hate on region 15. Remember just a few yrs back regional final game Indian valley had you on the ropes and lost by 1.
Old 11-04-18, 07:36 PM
All World

Being that this is the only game in the valley Friday or Saturday this game should be a packed house. Hubbard already has one of the best followings in the valley so they'll pack it in. Hoping for standing room only. Come out and root for the local boys in you're not still tied to one of the locals playing out of town.
Old 11-04-18, 07:41 PM
All American

SOARING-EAGLE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivchonk View Post
Wow really!!!!!!! We all know Steubenville is in a leauge of there own and should probably get bumped to d3 but don't hate on region 15. Remember just a few yrs back regional final game Indian valley had you on the ropes and lost by 1.
Man I hope Hubbard kicks Steubenville's a_s just to quite Crimson and Blacks mouth.....
Old 11-04-18, 07:50 PM
Freshman

ChrisBGLV is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivchonk View Post
Indian Valley vs. BR was 17-14 and that was a 5 loss Big Red Team. Steubenville Has Ships in D2,D3 and D4. Next stop is probably D5 unless Amazon builds it's new headquarters at The fort steuben mall.
Old 11-04-18, 07:59 PM
Junior Varsity

Ivchonk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBGLV View Post
Indian Valley vs. BR was 17-14 and that was a 5 loss Big Red Team. Steubenville Has Ships in D2,D3 and D4. Next stop is probably D5 unless Amazon builds it's new headquarters at The fort steuben mall.
Yes you are correct 17-14 my fault still a great game!
I seriously doubt you would go to 5 I think that would cause a huge upheaval with people competitive balance wouldn't let that happen. Br and IV have close enrollment numbers.
Just trying to make a point to the guy about region 15.
Old 11-04-18, 08:29 PM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOARING-EAGLE View Post
Man I hope Hubbard kicks Steubenville's a_s just to quite Crimson and Blacks mouth.....
Well I guess your squad is going to have to do just that. Cause you ainít heard nothin yet when The Mighty Big Red shows you how to play after week 10.
Old 11-04-18, 08:36 PM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsteen View Post
Pick the phone...

1. Hate to burst your Crimson and Black bubble, but the last 3 years doesn't mean squat this year. Live in the present. Different teams, different kids. Reno would tell you himself he's isn't basing anything from years past.
2. What you continue to ignore, is Steuby has beaten only 3 teams this season with a winning record. 3!! That isn't fake news. Have they been challenged? I mean really challenged? Time will tell.
3. Big Red AND Hubbard have each won 1 playoff game in 2018. That is what matters. Best of luck to both teams.

...Click...
Hey Bruce, are you smarter than a 5th grader? Ask your coach if he rather his Srís have played and practiced for 20 games or 30 games over the last two years and see what he says. We dispatch Johnny Come latelyís like you very often. And your still talking about who we beat. Well the 9 teams we beat must have had more overall wins than the nine you beat because we had more first AND second level points than you did. Now go lay down by your boy and be a good boy.
Old 11-04-18, 08:37 PM
All World

That's cute. We've been up against the best before. It's clear Hubbard is a huge dog this week. No one giving the Eagles a shot. All good. Maybe they shock the world. Maybe that East loss was what they needed to get back on track. I do know Hoffman will need one hell of a gameplan this week. Throw the kitchen sink at em! I'm confident the Eagles will be ready. Will it be enough. To be determined.
Old 11-04-18, 08:54 PM
All World

Spartan0505 is on a distinguished road
May have to check this one out!
Old 11-04-18, 09:00 PM
All American

Gardens35 is on a distinguished road
Hubbard by 20 or more, maybe a running clock.
Old 11-04-18, 09:01 PM
All World

wghfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardens35 View Post
hubbard by 20 or more, maybe a running clock.
lol
Old 11-04-18, 09:05 PM
All World

Geesh lol
Old 11-04-18, 09:13 PM
All District

SportsDoctor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardens35 View Post
Hubbard by 20 or more, maybe a running clock.
I think you got this backwards...lol
Old 11-04-18, 09:20 PM
All American

Gardens35 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsDoctor View Post
I think you got this backwards...lol

C'mon man, have you seen Hubbard's warm-up?

They do a 10 minute ball skills routine to SWEET GEORGIA BROWN..........and that's just the linemen.

C'mon now. Change your mind.
Old 11-04-18, 09:24 PM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Boardman should be packed
Old 11-04-18, 10:57 PM
All Ohio

YTown09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Let me answer question number 2....in the past 3 years and through week 11 this year Big Red has played in 16 playoff games. Many of the seniors on this team have played AND practiced an extra 11 games and weeks. Iím not sure most folks realize the value from that additional experience. Not just game experience, but playoff game experience, which any real football fan knows is different from regular season experience. In the playoffs these kids have come from behind, given up leads, faced adverse situations, won championships and lost heartbreaking final games. They have faced going home 16 times in the last 3 years. Reno and most or much of his staff will be coaching their 94th playoff game. Thatís what 2015, 2016 and 2017 have to do with this years game. Reno is 67-26 in playoff games. He wins 72% of his playoff games. Hell, more than half the schools canít win 70% of the time in the first 10 weeks. My turn for a question right?

1 How many playoff games and the threat of going home have Hubbardís Srís played in in their careers.

2. How many playoff games has this Hubbard staff even coached, let alone win.
Iíll hang up and listen to your response.
I believe the coaches have coached in over 15 playoff games.
Old 11-04-18, 11:07 PM
All Ohio

ICBM is on a distinguished road
Didn’t Hoffman win a State Championship in Pennsylvania?
Old 11-04-18, 11:13 PM
All World

They lost in the title game in 2006. I believe he's 7-7 at Hubbard in the postseason after last night.
All District

erdna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsteen View Post
Pick the phone...

...Click...
It'll be 4 following Saturday night...it's just Hubbard!

RRR
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
Didnít Hoffman win a State Championship in Pennsylvania?
I believe he made it to the championship game in 2006, but I do not believe they won.
Old 11-04-18, 11:18 PM
All Ohio

Is this Big Red team more disciplined than Reno’s teams in the past? Both on and off the field?
Old 11-04-18, 11:20 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Big Red has lost 4 games since 2015. I do not believe they will be 52-5 after Saturday.
Old 11-04-18, 11:22 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdna View Post
It'll be 4 following Saturday night...it's just Hubbard!

RRR
Hope your team thinks that way too. You guys get nervous when you hear Ursuline or Mooney are in the region. I think Saturday you'll get something similar. This won't look like the Hubbard team you may remember 20 years ago if you go back that far.
Closed Thread