Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-04-18, 10:28 AM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Thanks. When I think MAC, I think Coldwater, St. Henry, Delphos St John, Marion Local, Minster, New Bremen, Parkway. I do not think Anna. I don't even think Versailles. As formidable as their football history is, it's all pre-MAC for them.
What? No Fort Recovery? lol
Old 11-04-18, 10:33 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
What? No Fort Recovery? lol
Next couple of years when the Indians dominate the MAC, they will be the 1st team people think of when talking about the MAC.
Old 11-04-18, 12:54 PM
All District

tucson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Anna doesn't know what it means to be in the MAC.

There are two things that MAC teams dont generally do.....lose in the first round (Think we are 71-3 and anna has 2 of those losses) now and lose to non mac teams in the playoffs.

When I heard the score last night, yeah, it made me mad. Makes the conference look bad.

Until they start pulling their weight in the playoffs I am not sure we can truly accept them as a legit MAC team.

Embarrassing.
Quote:
I wonder if only being a member in one sport lends a hand in this. We take TREMENDOUS pride in this conference and yeah, we get mad when a MAC teams loses in the OOC schedule and playoffs even if they are a hated rival.

THey just dont get that tough mentality that it takes to be in this league and how to represent it in the postseason.

Believe you me, CW wishes it was back in DV so ANna should have been able ot make a run.

The numbers donw like 71-3 vs non mac in the first round. Anna just doesn't have that MAC mentality and pride that the rest of the teams have.

We take extreme pride in watching those MAC scores roll in the playoffs and when they lose we ALL take it personally.
Pretty interesting that in the WBL topics you went on and on about how tight-knit the MAC is and how awful WBL sportsmanship is... saying how the MAC has a"different culture" with supporting their own. And yet here you are crucifying Anna for losing their game... you've called them embarrassing, lacking pride and lacking a tough mentality, and that you barely even accept them as a MAC team. You can say it's rooted in "tremendous" pride and that you're taking it personally all you want, but no where in your post did you say anything positive about Anna. No congrats on a MAC co-champ season or positive thoughts looking ahead to next year since they return a lot of starters, or anything, just how you're mad that they made the MAC look bad and discounting them as not a real MAC team. Your focus seems to be on the status of the conference, not it's actual members. So i'm not sure your "different culture" comment is aging well at this point...

Anna is in the MAC. You should be supporting them, win or loss. That doesn't mean they should be free from criticism, but that's all you provided here. Just pointing that out since you seemed above it in the WBL thread.
Old 11-04-18, 01:01 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Next couple of years when the Indians dominate the MAC, they will be the 1st team people think of when talking about the MAC.
Fort Recovery will win the league within the next 2 years.
Old 11-04-18, 01:03 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Next year.
Old 11-04-18, 01:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Next year.
This is a strong possibility. Have they ever beat Marion?
Old 11-04-18, 01:37 PM
All Region

big medicine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
I wonder how many teams have more state championships than league championships ? Or won a state championship with out ever having won their league ?
Old 11-04-18, 01:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by big medicine View Post
I wonder how many teams have more state championships than league championships ? Or won a state championship with out ever having won their league ?
Can't be too many! The Fort is the only one I can think of.

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 11-04-18 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-04-18, 02:01 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson View Post
Pretty interesting that in the WBL topics you went on and on about how tight-knit the MAC is and how awful WBL sportsmanship is... saying how the MAC has a"different culture" with supporting their own. And yet here you are crucifying Anna for losing their game... you've called them embarrassing, lacking pride and lacking a tough mentality, and that you barely even accept them as a MAC team. You can say it's rooted in "tremendous" pride and that you're taking it personally all you want, but no where in your post did you say anything positive about Anna. No congrats on a MAC co-champ season or positive thoughts looking ahead to next year since they return a lot of starters, or anything, just how you're mad that they made the MAC look bad and discounting them as not a real MAC team. Your focus seems to be on the status of the conference, not it's actual members. So i'm not sure your "different culture" comment is aging well at this point...

Anna is in the MAC. You should be supporting them, win or loss. That doesn't mean they should be free from criticism, but that's all you provided here. Just pointing that out since you seemed above it in the WBL thread.
Old 11-04-18, 03:39 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by big medicine View Post
Marion Local if you include this season has 10 state championships vs 13 MAC championships. Minster has 3 state titles and 4 MAC titles.

Last edited by Stirred not Shaken; 11-04-18 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-04-18, 04:21 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Why should I congratulate a team, who won our league, and lost in the first round of the playoffs.

Again?

We chastise other leagues big bad champions who lose in the first round and this is no different.

They likely will have a chance next year to win a first round playoff game. If not, they are no better than the Covington's of the world who own in during the regular season, and pee down their legs come playoff time.

And I was rooting for them 100% and took the loss about as bad as I would my own team so yeah, I support them. I will be pissed if MSML and Minster lose to non mac teams this weekend but at least they know how be MAC teams in the past.

They just dont know how to be a MAC team come playoff time.
Old 11-04-18, 04:36 PM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:

They are only in the MAC in football, so they are more like a stepchild and they have a girls name ... they have cooties too!
Old 11-04-18, 05:01 PM
Varsity

AR89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Well said. Thanks for not making me type that all out!
Old 11-04-18, 05:08 PM
Varsity

AR89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why should I congratulate a team, who won our league, and lost in the first round of the playoffs.

Again?

We chastise other leagues big bad champions who lose in the first round and this is no different.

They likely will have a chance next year to win a first round playoff game. If not, they are no better than the Covington's of the world who own in during the regular season, and pee down their legs come playoff time.

And I was rooting for them 100% and took the loss about as bad as I would my own team so yeah, I support them. I will be pissed if MSML and Minster lose to non mac teams this weekend but at least they know how be MAC teams in the past.

They just dont know how to be a MAC team come playoff time.
Next time don’t root for us then. The vast majority of the people in the Mac support us and have been great since we’ve joined the league. We don’t need a handful of idiots on here bad mouthing us. You’re all about the Mac, but you’re not representing the Mac like 99% of the Mac does. Go “represent” someone else.
Old 11-04-18, 06:50 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
They are only in the MAC in football, so they are more like a stepchild and they have a girls name ... they have cooties too!
True and I heard they don't even have a bar in town, MAC school... indeed.
Old 11-08-18, 04:24 PM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyeah19 View Post
MAC is overrated and this showed. Different athletes in D5 than D6-D7 like most of that league has
Those D6 athletes at Mogadore sure had a hard time with the D5 behemoths of Elyria Catholic. To the tune of what 49-14?

Asinine statement
Old 11-08-18, 04:48 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR89 View Post
Next time don’t root for us then. The vast majority of the people in the Mac support us and have been great since we’ve joined the league. We don’t need a handful of idiots on here bad mouthing us. You’re all about the Mac, but you’re not representing the Mac like 99% of the Mac does. Go “represent” someone else.

Not sure what you are talking about.

First off, it is not some food like Mac and cheese, it is MAC.

I pull for Anna like I do the rest of the MAC schools. Win those OOC games and then whoop some butt come playoff time.
When they lose I get fired up just as if my own school gets beat.

That is what MAC schools typically do and do very well.

Except Anna.

Not going to lie, I was giddy to think the conference once again could get a 3Peat with Anna, MSML and Minster this year. Have friends who coach around the state and always marvel at how the league does this.

When you get beat in the first round, as a conference champion, it looks bad.

I don't care if it is the MAC, WBL (who went 3-0..congrats), BVC (who is doing very well), CBC (craptacular OOC and playoffs), the Big Ten come bowl season or even the MAC in all the other sports you pull for them to WIN and represent the conference.

I may have been a bit 'mean' but doggone it, sometimes the truth hurts. Hell you even have people questioning if the MAC truly is that good with that loss

You have your big time RB coming back next year. Goodluck in your OOC games, do well (but not against my couple fav teams), get into the playoffs and make this a distant memory.

Do Not Become Covington.

This is the MAC!

Goodluck to EC. AT the very least let's hope the MAC champion gets bounced by the eventual DV champion