Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-03-18, 09:02 PM
All Yappi

Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by big medicine View Post
The announcers several times mentioned they were giving their best guess who made a play because they could not read jerseys for the mud. Very back and forth game, good announcers.
Yes, I really like the announcers too. That main announcer was especially good. They favored EC, but were complimentary to Anna and felt compassion for their long bus ride home after this close loss.
Old 11-03-18, 09:05 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
EC must be a real contender in d5 because Anna is no joke. I was pegging Anna as a strong candidate to win state
Old 11-03-18, 09:10 PM
All Region

big medicine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_E_Woyote View Post
Yes, I really like the announcers too. That main announcer was especially good. They favored EC, but were complimentary to Anna and felt compassion for their long bus ride home after this close loss.
No cheer leading, or belly aching about calls. They seemed to get a genuine kick out of all the emails from fans and family listening from all over tonight, especially the Anna fans. Made an excellent game that much more enjoyable to listen to.
Old 11-03-18, 09:14 PM
All Ohio

E-Town is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_E_Woyote View Post
Lorain County has been lucky to have these guys covering high school sports. They support the locals when the playoffs start, but they do so with a lot of class.
Old 11-03-18, 09:23 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
EC must be a real contender in d5 because Anna is no joke.
Maybe but Moggy def. EC 49 - 14. Moggy might be just that good I don't know.
Old 11-03-18, 10:07 PM
Junior Varsity

pgf1582 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Maybe but Moggy def. EC 49 - 14. Moggy might be just that good I don't know.
EC went into that Mogadore game averaging 60 points a game against 3 bad teams. I donít think they were ready for it at the time and they got crushed. They also lost to Valley Forge the week after, so they did have a mid season funk. They seem to have improved every week since. Mogadore is a heck of a team though.
Old 11-03-18, 10:24 PM
All American

SVillegrad
I'm not surprised at the outcome. Elyria Catholic is battled tested having beat D2 playoff team Valley Forge and D3 playoff teams Bay and Rocky River. Plus, they routed a 5-5 Holy Name team that its 4 other losses were close games to teams (Padua, Norton, Bay and Rocky River) who were a combined 28-12. I would say those teams are probably on par with the MAC schools Anna faced.

Region 18 seems tough but I would think EC has to be considered the favorite at this point, though it looks like any of the four could win it.
Old 11-03-18, 10:50 PM
All Ohio

smurfyeah19 is on a distinguished road
MAC is overrated and this showed. Different athletes in D5 than D6-D7 like most of that league has
Old 11-03-18, 10:53 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
That's two years in a row that Anna just cant quite finish the job. That's frustrating...
Old 11-03-18, 11:01 PM
All Ohio

buckeye1689 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyeah19 View Post
MAC is overrated and this showed. Different athletes in D5 than D6-D7 like most of that league has
How in the world is the MAC overrated?? The MAC is one of the best conferences in the state regardless of division
Old 11-03-18, 11:11 PM
Freshman

MAC5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Will let the state titles speak for themselves
Old 11-03-18, 11:56 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yep because Coldwater didn't win 4 straight in D5. Nice try!
Old 11-04-18, 12:22 AM
All Ohio

smurfyeah19 is on a distinguished road
New day. This year the MAC isnít quite top notch and this loss shows. Either way have a drink at McSobers for me
Old 11-04-18, 12:39 AM
All Region

Bluestreak1980 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
New day. This year the MAC isnít quite top notch and this loss shows. Either way have a drink at McSobers for me
This guy is delusional! How can someone say the MAC is overrated? There is a pretty lengthy history of the MAC that speaks for itself. Iím a follower of Kirtland and have nothing but respect for the MAC teams. Cheers! 🍻🍻🍻🍻
Old 11-04-18, 12:49 AM
All District

tucson is on a distinguished road
Agree about respect for the MAC and all they have accomplished. Tonight though, the mighty MAC's co-champion got eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. You gotta be disappointed if you're Anna.
Old 11-04-18, 02:07 AM
All Region

Msfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Coldwater beat a pretty good D4 Clinton Massie team this year. Anna for whatever reason, struggles in the playoffs. Just my opinion but I don't see any teams in D5 that would win state in D6 this year or last. Also, folks can point out Mogadore crushing EC, but comparative scores don't always have a logical flow. For example Marion Local beating Anna and St. Henry by 24 and 21 points. Coldwater loses to those two teams, yet somehow beats Marion Local. Perhaps Elyria Catholic would have knocked off Marion Local tonight because of D5 having "different athletes" as you say. But I doubt it.
Old 11-04-18, 04:45 AM
All Region

Captain_Cavman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Old 11-04-18, 07:06 AM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
EC must be a real contender in d5 because Anna is no joke. I was pegging Anna as a strong candidate to win state
I was never sold on Anna. Their defense was pretty porous. they have up 20 or more points 7 times this year.

They have up over 40 in each loss.
Old 11-04-18, 07:28 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
I was never sold on Anna. Their defense was pretty porous. they have up 20 or more points 7 times this year.

They have up over 40 in each loss.
Agreed although I did think the Rockets would win this region.
Old 11-04-18, 08:01 AM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msfootball View Post
Coldwater beat a pretty good D4 Clinton Massie team this year. Anna for whatever reason, struggles in the playoffs. Just my opinion but I don't see any teams in D5 that would win state in D6 this year or last. Also, folks can point out Mogadore crushing EC, but comparative scores don't always have a logical flow. For example Marion Local beating Anna and St. Henry by 24 and 21 points. Coldwater loses to those two teams, yet somehow beats Marion Local. Perhaps Elyria Catholic would have knocked off Marion Local tonight because of D5 having "different athletes" as you say. But I doubt it.
I agree. D6 has 3 or 4 teams that would win D5 this year.

For all of the talk that the MAC prepares their teams for the playoffs, Anna has laid an egg in week 11 two years in a row after a lot of hype to make deep runs. Most of the time MAC teams take care of business but the Rockets have not.
Old 11-04-18, 08:02 AM
All Ohio

E-Town is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgf1582 View Post
EC went into that Mogadore game averaging 60 points a game against 3 bad teams. I donít think they were ready for it at the time and they got crushed. They also lost to Valley Forge the week after, so they did have a mid season funk. They seem to have improved every week since. Mogadore is a heck of a team though.
I think you are correct...and that "funk" was learning how to win tight games against better competition. This EC team has improved every game since those two losses. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do against Genoa, but make no mistake, this was a huge win for their program against a top notch team in Anna. Congrats to first year coach Brian Fox for putting this team in this position...hopefully he can stick around for a while!
Old 11-04-18, 08:23 AM
All Region

Msfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
I agree. D6 has 3 or 4 teams that would win D5 this year.

For all of the talk that the MAC prepares their teams for the playoffs, Anna has laid an egg in week 11 two years in a row after a lot of hype to make deep runs. Most of the time MAC teams take care of business but the Rockets have not.
That is why I believe strength of schedule is somewhat overrated. Of course it is a factor but not the most important one. Put a great coach like Tim Goodwin against a weak regular season schedule and I believe you'll have a team that is prepared for the playoffs. Anyway congrats to Elyria Catholic!
Old 11-04-18, 08:26 AM
All World

queencitybuckeye will become famous soon enough
Quote:
All of small-school Ohio sports is pretty much the MAC vs the rest of Ohio. That it's noteworthy when someone beats a MAC school is a pretty clear indication that the last thing they are is overrated.
Old 11-04-18, 08:55 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Anna doesn't know what it means to be in the MAC.

There are two things that MAC teams dont generally do.....lose in the first round (Think we are 71-3 and anna has 2 of those losses) now and lose to non mac teams in the playoffs.

When I heard the score last night, yeah, it made me mad. Makes the conference look bad.

Until they start pulling their weight in the playoffs I am not sure we can truly accept them as a legit MAC team.

Embarrassing.
Old 11-04-18, 09:11 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think there is something to that regarding Anna. Of the five MAC schools that made the playoffs this year, Anna is the only one with a losing record (1-2) against non-MAC teams going back to week 1. The other four playoff teams are now 3-0 against non-MAC teams this year. Seems like Anna doesn't quite get the conference pride aspect when going against teams outside the MAC. Could be wrong but that's how it feels and I'm not surprised by the outcome of this game.
I wonder if only being a member in one sport lends a hand in this. We take TREMENDOUS pride in this conference and yeah, we get mad when a MAC teams loses in the OOC schedule and playoffs even if they are a hated rival.

THey just dont get that tough mentality that it takes to be in this league and how to represent it in the postseason.

Believe you me, CW wishes it was back in DV so ANna should have been able ot make a run.

The numbers donw like 71-3 vs non mac in the first round. Anna just doesn't have that MAC mentality and pride that the rest of the teams have.

We take extreme pride in watching those MAC scores roll in the playoffs and when they lose we ALL take it personally.
Old 11-04-18, 09:17 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Isn't Anna a relative newcomer to the MAC, and even to football? Much like Versailles, they are a MAC team now...but not a legacy MAC school, correct?
Old 11-04-18, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Isn't Anna a relative newcomer to the MAC, and even to football? Much like Versailles, they are a MAC team now...but not a legacy MAC school, correct?
Correct. They come from the Shelby County league and only play football in the Mac
Old 11-04-18, 09:25 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Correct. They come from the Shelby County league and only play football in the Mac
Thanks. When I think MAC, I think Coldwater, St. Henry, Delphos St John, Marion Local, Minster, New Bremen, Parkway. I do not think Anna. I don't even think Versailles. As formidable as their football history is, it's all pre-MAC for them.
Old 11-04-18, 10:21 AM
Varsity

AR89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think there is something to that regarding Anna. Of the five MAC schools that made the playoffs this year, Anna is the only one with a losing record (1-2) against non-MAC teams going back to week 1. The other four playoff teams are now 3-0 against non-MAC teams this year. Seems like Anna doesn't quite get the conference pride aspect when going against teams outside the MAC. Could be wrong but that's how it feels and I'm not surprised by the outcome of this game.
Are you kidding me? Yea, Iím sure if Anna wouldíve been thinking about conference pride, they wouldíve played so much harder.
Old 11-04-18, 10:26 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Thanks. When I think MAC, I think Coldwater, St. Henry, Delphos St John, Marion Local, Minster, New Bremen, Parkway. I do not think Anna. I don't even think Versailles. As formidable as their football history is, it's all pre-MAC for them.
Versailles played both Coldwater and Marion Local way before they joined the MAC. In fact Marion Local has played Minster and Versailles more than any other schools in the MAC. DSJ and Anna were added of course to cut down on non league games as was Versailles but Versailles is much more of a natural fit for the MAC than either of those 2 schools are.