Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: who wins
Massillon win 67 83.75%
Whitehall win 13 16.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-18, 12:12 AM
All District

FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Kimble View Post
The QB, while very effective for the Tigers is not a D-1

Well according to the D1 schools recruiting him, he is, but what the heck do I know He's also a D1 baseball commit already at a Top 40 program
Old 11-04-18, 01:47 AM
All Region

cone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler View Post
I am surprised that Whitehall beat Dover. Looking at their schedule, I see a lot of division 4, 5, and 6 games. I don't think that will have prepared them for Massillon. But they beat a real good Dover team.
Dover was vastly overrated. Lake beat them very easily. and Steubenville destroyed them.
Old 11-04-18, 01:50 AM
All Region

the kid
WY scored 6 points vs a 5-5 d1. McKinley Perry Hoover or Jackson would whitewash this WY team. This team despite a quick 3 td lead nearly blew it. Bottom tier Federal league lake waxed Dover by 3 scores.

Massillon will score early and often. I'm ready for Massillon vs Hoban. Region 7 is no challenge for the best Massillon team since 2002
Old 11-04-18, 01:41 PM
All World

Maple_City_Fan is on a distinguished road
Arlin Field, Mansfield, gets this game
Old 11-04-18, 06:24 PM
All Region

sportsbabe is on a distinguished road
Massillon by 17.
Old 11-04-18, 06:36 PM
All Ohio

TigerBeat is on a distinguished road
Massillon has had much success at Mansfield. Nice stadium and should have plenty of seating. I remember the coldest game I ever attended was a playoff game at Mansfield. I believe against Pickerington. Luckily the pre game festivities and tailgating kept me warm. I believe we won 14-0. Maybe someone can refresh my memory. Should be a great game. Go Tigers!
Old 11-04-18, 06:53 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBeat View Post
Massillon has had much success at Mansfield. Nice stadium and should have plenty of seating. I remember the coldest game I ever attended was a playoff game at Mansfield. I believe against Pickerington. Luckily the pre game festivities and tailgating kept me warm. I believe we won 14-0. Maybe someone can refresh my memory. Should be a great game. Go Tigers!
Yes that was Pickerington. There were a couple that were worse in the Rubber bowl though. The Bunswick game was the worst ever, none of the females in my family have gone to a playoff game since that game!
Old 11-05-18, 06:59 AM
Junior Varsity

TigerTailgater12 is on a distinguished road
I expect a renewed focus after last week. Probably a more developed offensive game plan and extreme intensity on defense.

Walnut Ridge had some pretty good athletes that many arenít giving them credit for. That being said, last week still wasnít a great showing for the Tigers despite winning by 31 points.

Keep everyone healthy/get everyone healthy and begin working in the depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-18, 07:25 AM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I would hope with this game being played at Arlin Field that the Mansfield Police Department would be on full alert due to the activities in previous years of tires being slashed. It's prevalent and according to reports I've read it happens almost every week. Good luck Tigers!
Old 11-05-18, 07:30 AM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You might want to tell that to Coach Fickell
https://twitter.com/billbankgreene/s...733291009?s=21
Old 11-05-18, 07:34 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Good luck to the Rams from Hamilton Township.
Old 11-05-18, 07:38 AM
All Yappi

longtime1sttime
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBeat View Post
You are correct. It snowed. The playoff games against Brunswick, St. Ed and the game at Wooster last year were worse but it still wasn't ideal.
Old 11-05-18, 07:44 AM
All Yappi

longtime1sttime
It's rare when you can be critical of a team that wins by 31 points. And I'm not going to blast kids. But they absolutely cannot play that way going forward and hope they will be more focused from here on out. Go Tigers!
Old 11-05-18, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
I would hope with this game being played at Arlin Field that the Mansfield Police Department would be on full alert due to the activities in previous years of tires being slashed. It's prevalent and according to reports I've read it happens almost every week. Good luck Tigers!
This can't be emphasized enough. Last year was a freaking nightmare and OHSAA could not care less. Massillon should bring their own security.

For anyone who knows, where is the SAFEST place to park within 1 mile?
Old 11-05-18, 10:13 AM
All Region

Pile Driver is on a distinguished road
Massillon wins going away. Dover buried themselves 23-3 at the end of the first quarter last week and then outplayed them the rest of the game. Whitehall's defense looked gassed in the 3rd quarter.

This will surely be a running clock to start the 2nd half.
Old 11-05-18, 11:13 AM
All World

unclebob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by the kid View Post
WY scored 6 points vs a 5-5 d1. McKinley Perry Hoover or Jackson would whitewash this WY team. This team despite a quick 3 td lead nearly blew it. Bottom tier Federal league lake waxed Dover by 3 scores.

Massillon will score early and often. I'm ready for Massillon vs Hoban. Region 7 is no challenge for the best Massillon team since 2002
That football bounces funny. I dont write off anyone still playing.
Old 11-05-18, 11:40 AM
All Yappi

Exactly. Bottom tier Lake beat top tier Perry too. Bottom tier Dover beat Akron East who beat top tier Jackson and Hoover. We could do this all day.

1st half WR was a good wakeup call what happens when you let your guard down.
Old 11-05-18, 11:48 AM
All Region

23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Hopefully we establish the run in this game and just wear this team out. I want to see us assert our dominance early and leave no doubt by halftime. Hopefully Morgan's hand is as close to 100% as possible, if we score 7 instead of settling for the FG after that blocked punt, it may have lit the fire for us earlier. Go Tigers!
Old 11-05-18, 12:39 PM
Freshman

Throwscoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
This can't be emphasized enough. Last year was a freaking nightmare and OHSAA could not care less. Massillon should bring their own security.

For anyone who knows, where is the SAFEST place to park within 1 mile?
Not sure if it is the safest, but MID-OHIO Education Center is about a .75 a mile east of the stadium and has lights in the parking lot. You will have to cross the road though to get to the stadium.
Old 11-05-18, 12:48 PM
Freshman

1965maw is on a distinguished road
Load the bus make them take 8. Who has the money to get a tire fixed at 10 pm? Maybe the school could take school buses for fans. They have e mail addresses for Mansfield schools and police on face book. I sent a e mail and have not heard anything back. So it's a bus for me
Old 11-05-18, 12:56 PM
Junior Varsity

FAN2FAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwscoach View Post
Not sure if it is the safest, but MID-OHIO Education Center is about a .75 a mile east of the stadium and has lights in the parking lot. You will have to cross the road though to get to the stadium.
I parked here last year for the Regional. Walked right past the cars with tires slashed. The walk only takes approx 5 minutes from car to the gate at Arlin.
Old 11-05-18, 01:26 PM
All Ohio

coachablekid is on a distinguished road
Good luck to Whitehall, but their season is over Friday. Off to hoops.
Old 11-05-18, 04:51 PM
All Region

MassillonMike is on a distinguished road
I hope they have much more security outside this year to prevent the tire slashing again but I doubt it.
Old 11-06-18, 09:53 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
No rain but Might be colder. Perfect football weather. Massillon has shown they can run and pass. Is this team any better than Walnut Ridge? Mansfield is a not so new place for the Tigers. All the signs of a good night for them.
The QB for Whitehall is much better then WRís, he has 1,700 yds rushing and almost 1,000 passing. Massillon has had trouble with running QBís for as long as I can remember. On tape it looks like Whitehall is much smaller then WR on D but with similar speed, they play man and 1 high and the linebackers are very active.
Iíll stick with my pick from earlier in the week of Tigers by 28. Iím expecting a completely different team in the first half this week, compared to last week when they were in the mck week hangover.
Old 11-07-18, 08:58 AM
All District

Malabar10 is on a distinguished road
More police have been hired to monitor the parking lots and parking attendants have been told to stay in the lots during the game. welcome to Mansfield.
Old 11-07-18, 09:08 AM
Junior Varsity

letsgetitdone is on a distinguished road
Quote:

That my friend is why you are not involved in football recruiting at the college level. Whether he is or isn't, you have zero background to make that assumption. He is getting looks, whether he gets the offer who knows. It does prove you shouldn't comment in an area you are not qualified for. Sit back and enjoy the games, only.
Old 11-07-18, 10:42 AM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetitdone View Post
That my friend is why you are not involved in football recruiting at the college level. Whether he is or isn't, you have zero background to make that assumption. He is getting looks, whether he gets the offer who knows. It does prove you shouldn't comment in an area you are not qualified for. Sit back and enjoy the games, only.

I also understand he is a quality young man.
Old 11-07-18, 10:48 AM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965maw View Post
Load the bus make them take 8. Who has the money to get a tire fixed at 10 pm? Maybe the school could take school buses for fans. They have e mail addresses for Mansfield schools and police on face book. I sent a e mail and have not heard anything back. So it's a bus for me
Toss 4 spares in your trunk and back seat. Borrow 3 more jacks, take 3 friends. Get all four wheels off the ground and you and your buddies get to work. A small price to pay to see a high school football game wouldnít you say. The other alternative is to find a gun loving CCW licensed friend who could careless about the game and would love to wait in the car while you watch the game. Problem solved!!!!
Old 11-07-18, 11:10 AM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
I also understand he is a quality young man.
And a GREAT baseball player. Why are we questioning high school kids anyway?
Old 11-07-18, 11:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
And a GREAT baseball player. Why are we questioning high school kids anyway?
Just something people like to talk about. Who is getting offers or going where etc.

I don't see why he won't get some football offers. I assume Bo questions his size maybe? He is already D1 in baseball so kinda moot. He'll have a full ride.
Closed Thread