Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Pick the winner of this game
McKinley (9-2) 25 37.88%
Mentor (10-1) 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-18, 03:16 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat97 View Post
Go worry about your school trying to secure your first football state championship

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Enjoy watching your school's playoff game this weekend.
Old 11-04-18, 03:18 PM
All Ohio

JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
They scheduled us in the 90s when we sucked. But they won't even entertain the thought right now

These type of games should be scheduled. Mentor against big publics who are competent programs. Instead teams like McKinley avoid us to play D4 schools and we are stuck with playing 2 junior colleges back to back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We had a series with Mentor, home and away, and Mentor stopped playing us, not the other way around. We played 4 times -'94, '95, '96, '97. Nobody wanted to play McKinley back then, either. Your coach toik over a troubled Mentor program the year McKinley was on their way to a National Championship and back-to- back State Championships. He wanted to rebuild the program which had been a state power in the 60s and had gone missing for nearly 30 years. He's an exceptiona,lly good coach and he eventually rebuilt Mentor back to its rightful place among Ohio's elite, but it took time.Sometimes I see Mentor fans grumbling about their coach. They should thank God every single day they have him. Coaching and talent = success.
Old 11-04-18, 03:24 PM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Grumbling about the defensive coordinator not the head coach

Triv has scheduled up in his years at Mentor. McKinley fans can't say anything about that. You guys won't play the big boys in region 1 nowadays. That's just how it is

Old 11-04-18, 03:35 PM
Junior Varsity

letsgetitdone is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Triv has scheduled up in his years at Mentor. McKinley fans can't say anything about that. You guys won't play the big boys in region 1 nowadays. That's just how it is

You really need to get a clue. You really make yourself look stupid. You act like Mentor is some great program that has stood the test of time. McKinley’s tradition s all over yours. Get a grip. Please
Old 11-04-18, 03:42 PM
All Yappi

Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetitdone View Post
You really need to get a clue. You really make yourself look stupid. You act like Mentor is some great program that has stood the test of time. McKinley’s tradition s all over yours. Get a grip. Please
After this year it very well could be only a 2 title difference. And, over the last ten years, it isnt even close. So, perhaps you need to get a grip. Mentor will wipe the field with McKinley.

Old 11-04-18, 03:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Yes two decades ago you guys were elite. That doesn't change your scheduling and team currently.

Old 11-04-18, 03:52 PM
All District

FightingCardinal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Regional final last year wasnt vs Eds.....

That's right, it was your Iggy team. How could I forget your missed FG to win it.
Old 11-04-18, 03:56 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Brunswick is the site for this one.

Pages 4 and 5 of the notes packet:
https://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Spor...FBRelease3.pdf
Old 11-04-18, 03:58 PM
All American

jlp
Quote:
Mentor will wipe the field with McKinley.
Just think - Crummy Mckinley with their Crummy schedule went farther in the playoffs than Ignatius did
Old 11-04-18, 04:08 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

Playing teams in our own region when we don't have to is not logical. Back when we played St.Ignatius every year, we were in R2. Having said that, Reardon is rebuilding the McKinley program. When Triv lost to McKinley in his first year. he decided not to play McKinley anymore until his program was rebuilt. Mentor had lost all of those games to McKinley and had enough. Let us rebuild our program back to where it was and ask again then. But if both teams are good enough and we're in the same region, we will see you in the playoffs anyway. I never liked the Bulldogs playing the same opponent twice in a season. I'd rather play Pick Central than region 1. We played Wayne a few years in a row 6 yrs back. One of those games was at Ohio Stadium.
Old 11-04-18, 04:19 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
After this year it very well could be only a 2 title difference. And, over the last ten years, it isnt even close. So, perhaps you need to get a grip. Mentor will wipe the field with McKinley.

Maybe, if, but...then it's 12-1 knucklehead. ( and we have two National Champs, too.) Is McKinley the last Ohio school to be National Champion ('97)? Doesn't seem like your school or anyone else is a threat to that stat anymore. Times change.
You need to win another state title to catch us.
Old 11-04-18, 04:20 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Playing teams in our own region when we don't have to is not logical. Back when we played St.Ignatius every year, we were in R2. Having said that, Reardon is rebuilding the McKinley program. When Triv lost to McKinley in his first year. he decided not to play McKinley anymore until his program was rebuilt. Mentor had lost all of those games to McKinley and had enough. Let us rebuild our program back to where it was and ask again then. But if both teams are good enough and we're in the same region, we will see you in the playoffs anyway. I never liked the Bulldogs playing the same opponent twice in a season. I'd rather play Pick Central than region 1. We played Wayne a few years in a row 6 yrs back. One of those games was at Ohio Stadium.
Over the last 5 years you have only played 2 D1 schools that weren’t in the federal league, 2 against a PA team and the other Dublin Coffman, you went 1-2 in those 3 games. The last 5 years Mentor has only played 5 schools that are not D1 and won them all.
Also over the last 5 years you are 1-3 in playoff games. Clearly the schedule isn’t working. Not to mention you have lost 7 out of the last 8 games to Massillon a school half your size. I used to remember you puppy fans saying we don’t rebuild we reload, now it’s all about rebuilding ???? You can’t rebuild a program when people are moving out of your city like it’s on fire.
Old 11-04-18, 04:26 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

Old 11-04-18, 04:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Maybe, if, but...then it's 12-1 knucklehead. ( and we have two National Champs, too.) Is McKinley the last Ohio school to be National Champion ('97)? Doesn't seem like your school or anyone else is a threat to that stat anymore. Times change.
You need to win another state title to catch us.
You have 3 titles, the rest are paper titles just like your rival. But, dont let facts get in the way. Enjoy the running clock friday.

Old 11-04-18, 04:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp View Post
Just think - Crummy Mckinley with their Crummy schedule went farther in the playoffs than Ignatius did
Just think, matchups might actually matter. One game further, well done, do you get a participation trophy for the huge achievement?

Old 11-04-18, 04:47 PM
All District

ColinCat is on a distinguished road
I've watched Colerain and Mentor multiple times this season. Both are excellent but Mentor's lines are a huge advantage.
Old 11-04-18, 04:48 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
You have 3 titles, the rest are paper titles just like your rival. But, dont let facts get in the way. Enjoy the running clock friday.

Wow, you are still fighting with other posters. Maybe, you should attend mass tonight.
Old 11-04-18, 04:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Wow, you are still fighting with other posters. Maybe, you should attend mass tonight.
Yes, stating facts is fighting. Coming from you, comical.

Old 11-04-18, 04:51 PM
Junior Varsity

Wow
I knew there was a lot of envy over the Massillon tradition. I didn't realize it went into the McKinely tradition as well
Yeah you clowns have a leg to stand on when it comes to McKinley and their arch rival. I am sure the entire USA coaching world would support you on that one.
Wow, just wow
Old 11-04-18, 04:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Wow
I knew there was a lot of envy over the Massillon tradition. I didn't realize it went into the McKinely tradition as well
Yeah you clowns have a leg to stand on when it comes to McKinley and their arch rival. I am sure the entire USA coaching world would support you on that one.
Wow, just wow
And another ignore/block. Go learn the definition of the word envy. None here

Old 11-04-18, 05:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinCat View Post
I've watched Colerain and Mentor multiple times this season. Both are excellent but Mentor's lines are a huge advantage.

Who knows ? We have to play 4 more good to great games to win it. No Mentor fan is crowning us. I do think we should beat McKinley but if we play bad we can lose

Even playing great I say the potential Eds matchups , whoever in the finals , and a team like reynoldsburg in the final 4 can all be dogfights that go either way

But I appreciate the confidence from iggy fans and other outside fans

Old 11-04-18, 05:13 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
And another ignore/block. Go learn the definition of the word envy. None here

OK Porky!!! If you say so
Old 11-04-18, 05:35 PM
All American

jlp
Quote:
Just think, matchups might actually matter. One game further, well done, do you get a participation trophy
Iggy couldn’t beat Mentor either so now you kiss their butts, go ahead !

A huge private school with kids from multiple counties arguing with an urban school that doesn’t have Open Enrollment ! Someone is upset 😇
Old 11-04-18, 05:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp View Post
Iggy couldn’t beat Mentor either so now you kiss their butts, go ahead !

A huge private school with kids from multiple counties arguing with an urban school that doesn’t have Open Enrollment ! Someone is upset
We played this year in week 2 and lost, you are correct. The series, regular season and playoffs,over the years has been pretty even. Mentor will play anyone, anywhere. That cant be said for many schools. They have our respect, and hopefully they finally get theirs this year. Thanks

Old 11-04-18, 06:12 PM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
An hour, or perhaps an hour and a half is too far away for a home and home? The Fed has softened you boys up that's for sure. LOL.
Lol considering massillon got waxed by them twice and went running for the hills. So now they resort to scoring 100 on a joe shmo from PA.
Old 11-04-18, 06:14 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
We played this year in week 2 and lost, you are correct. The series, regular season and playoffs,over the years has been pretty even. Mentor will play anyone, anywhere. That cant be said for many schools. They have our respect, and hopefully they finally get theirs this year. Thanks

You are a total embarrassment to the St. Ignatius fanbase.

We lost in the first round to St Edward last year and i turned my attention to basketball. I didn't turn into #SuperTroll like you have. I'm pretty sure there is a bridge in Ohio City you can go stand under.
Old 11-04-18, 06:22 PM
All Region

sportsbabe is on a distinguished road
Good luck Bulldogs, but if I was heading to the betting window, I’d take Mentor by 14.
Old 11-04-18, 06:25 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Old 11-04-18, 06:27 PM
All Ohio

TigerBeat is on a distinguished road
I really have no beef in this game but I am familiar with both programs. For years Mentor had Dick Kershbaum as the head coach. He was pathetic. The largest high school in the state. Three junior highs with 800 kids in each. Shore, Memorial and Ridge. A great feeder system. The Redline Club ran him out of town and Rightly so. Triv took over and had some very difficult years. After getting beat by Mck at home like 45 to nothing, one of the worst losses in Mentor History and I believe the next year Warren did the same, Triv toned down the schedule. But when he had the talent he started taking on the big boys again like Ed's. Ignatius and so on. But McKinley has never avoided anyone taking on many of the big school. Playing Ignatius for years. Mck realized like most public schools to avoid the large private and schedule a team like Warren Harding and a few other decent non conference games to prepare for the difficult Federal League. Mentor has a great coach. I know him well. As for the rest on the staff....that is another story. I hope this is a good game. Mck is a storied program like Massillon and should bring a large crowd to the game. They will play hard and give Mentor all it can handle. Good luck to both teams.
Old 11-04-18, 06:42 PM
All World

unclebob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

they might... but check back with me when they've managed it for 100 plus and their community spawns something....I don't know...like the NFL...

tradition never graduates...

Go Pups