Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Pick the winner of this game
McKinley (9-2) 25 37.88%
Mentor (10-1) 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-03-18, 08:57 PM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpracticalJoker View Post
Does that include the team they beat in the finals?

Oh, and by the way, this year they opened up with Lasalle and St. X.
Even though they had sub-par years this year I would bet that knowledgable fans would consider them to be two very formidable opponents.
They beat our Cinderella team, a team that lost 22-0 @ home to Fitch without crossing the 50. 7-3 regular season. Only 1 all-Ohio kid on our whole team that year. Still beat your region 1 champ that year. Marion Harding also beat McKinley that year. Your team has as many state titles as John Marshall.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-03-18, 08:59 PM
Wildcat97 Wildcat97 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-29-05
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Posts: 8,282
Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
They beat our Cinderella team, a team that lost 22-0 @ home to Fitch without crossing the 50. 7-3 regular season. Only 1 all-Ohio kid on our whole team that year. Still beat your region 1 champ that year. Marion Harding also beat McKinley that year. Your team has as many state titles as John Marshall.
Does this make you feel better when they put a running clock on you?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-03-18, 09:01 PM
JoeCool JoeCool is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-02-06
Location: Canton
Posts: 1,056
JoeCool is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat97 View Post
Good luck Mentor. You should roll in this game. The attitude coming from the other side makes me hope you pour it on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
What attitude? This thread was fine until grad made an unnecessary dig about scheduling.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-03-18, 09:03 PM
Wildcat97 Wildcat97 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-29-05
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Posts: 8,282
Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool View Post
What attitude? This thread was fine until grad made an unnecessary dig about scheduling.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Ok. "Unnecessary" because you dont like it. However, that is irrelevant as he spoke the truth.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-03-18, 09:04 PM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat97 View Post
Does this make you feel better when they put a running clock on you?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
How did you feel when they nearly put one on you this year?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-03-18, 09:04 PM
JoeCool JoeCool is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-02-06
Location: Canton
Posts: 1,056
JoeCool is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat97 View Post
Ok. "Unnecessary" because you dont like it. However, that is irrelevant as he spoke the truth.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
How is scheduling a game in the regular season relevant to this playoff game?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-03-18, 09:07 PM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat97 View Post
Ok. "Unnecessary" because you dont like it. However, that is irrelevant as he spoke the truth.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Who does your team play this week?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-03-18, 09:19 PM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
We play ignatius and Eds back to back because most public schools won't play us, unfortunately. It isn't by choice

It's "you're ". Probably better to avoid easy grammar mistakes when calling someone else an idiot

I know for a fact McKinley has turned them down many times. Or made ridiculous demands like playing a 4 game series with only one game being at Mentor




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you're the scheduling genius who thinks he knows more than Coach Reardon with his 3 State Championships?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-03-18, 09:22 PM
JoeCool JoeCool is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-02-06
Location: Canton
Posts: 1,056
JoeCool is on a distinguished road
No need for name calling JJ. That's the rise they want out of you anyway. Dont give them what they want.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-03-18, 09:26 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is online now
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,097
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Colerain's best ever team played no one the whole year, but easily won the 2004 State Championship. That was 14 years ago. So if they make the final again this year, will you tell them they need to play more big teams to get to the finals more often? Lol!
Every team Colerain played that year was a D1 team. Wrong again !
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-03-18, 09:55 PM
Wildcat97 Wildcat97 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-29-05
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Posts: 8,282
Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Who does your team play this week?
The same one that your team will play at about this time in 6 days. How about putting the Cats back on your schedule, no scrimmage isnt anywhere near the same. Or is it only okay for your team to duck competition, but not ok for your rivals?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-03-18, 09:57 PM
Wildcat97 Wildcat97 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-29-05
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Posts: 8,282
Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool View Post
How is scheduling a game in the regular season relevant to this playoff game?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Ok, we can discuss the scrimmage that will happen Friday evening. Mentor will easily running clock the scrimmage. Is that relevant enough?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-03-18, 10:00 PM
Wildcat97 Wildcat97 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-29-05
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Posts: 8,282
Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
How did you feel when they nearly put one on you this year?
Lost by 21, play once or twice every year, I feel perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-03-18, 10:11 PM
FightingCardinal FightingCardinal is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-13-15
Posts: 137
FightingCardinal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat97 View Post
The same one that your team will play at about this time in 6 days. How about putting the Cats back on your schedule, no scrimmage isnt anywhere near the same. Or is it only okay for your team to duck competition, but not ok for your rivals?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
They can't play Iggy during the season, it is too far to travel...unless you're lower than a D1 team. They are willing to travel to Warren G Harding, which just happens to be the same distance from Canton as Byers Field.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-03-18, 10:16 PM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat97 View Post
Lost by 21, play once or twice every year, I feel perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You lost to St. Ed last night and you feel fine? Your posts are pretty salty, dude. I'd hate to catch you on a bad day! Lol!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-03-18, 10:23 PM
Wildcat97 Wildcat97 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-29-05
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Posts: 8,282
Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
You lost to St. Ed last night and you feel fine? Your posts are pretty salty, dude. I'd hate to catch you on a bad day! Lol!
Yes, I feel fine. How would you like me to feel. Lost last night because of a missed extra point, won last week. Have 11 reasons to feel fine, and losing a fame doesnt dictate how I feel in life. Sorry about your sad life

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-03-18, 10:34 PM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingCardinal View Post
They can't play Iggy during the season, it is too far to travel...unless you're lower than a D1 team. They are willing to travel to Warren G Harding, which just happens to be the same distance from Canton as Byers Field.
Warren Harding is a traditional rival of our's. We used to be in a league with them and I think we've played them something like 50 times over the years.
Again, who we schedule has no bearing on the outcome of this game. If we played the entire GCL, Iggy, Ed's, and Mentor, we still wouldn't have three BIG TEN lineman like Mentor does this year. Our '97 team was the very best in Ohio history with many D1 players and a few NFL guys. We played tiny St. Thomas Aquinas that year and still wound up as USA Today National Champions. Talent wins no matter who you play. We have a smallish, predominantly underclass team this year no matter who we play.

Last edited by JJBulldog; 11-03-18 at 11:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-03-18, 10:52 PM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat97 View Post
Yes, I feel fine. How would you like me to feel. Lost last night because of a missed extra point, won last week. Have 11 reasons to feel fine, and losing a fame doesnt dictate how I feel in life. Sorry about your sad life

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
My life is pretty awesome, actually. I have a wonderful wife and three beautiful kids and a nice home. I don't need Canton McKinley's 12 state titles to feel fine.
It's just a game I enjoy.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-03-18, 11:57 PM
Wildcat97 Wildcat97 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-29-05
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Posts: 8,282
Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
My life is pretty awesome, actually. I have a wonderful wife and three beautiful kids and a nice home. I don't need Canton McKinley's 12 state titles to feel fine.
It's just a game I enjoy.
Correction, you had a typo, you meant 1 plus 2, or a total of 3.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-04-18, 12:04 AM
AkronNative AkronNative is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-30-05
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 151
AkronNative
The TS guy is just a troll and Wildcat97 has some strange hard on for Mckinley I see also which is weird considering how successful his school was and still is. I know why TS is so frustrated but Wildcat97 is a head scratcher. Maybe he is upset they got put out or maybe judging by his username he is bitter at Mck for the 97 team that knocked them out the playoffs. Either way, his sneak jabs are kind of odd and out of left field. So trolls and anti Mck people alike can we all discuss the game. Just a thought.

This all started with the man from Mentor stating Mck turned down the offer to play. Maybe they did. I personally dont know the details and didnt take what he said personally whether it was a dig or not. Mentor is one of the top teams in the state and in this day and age would win more often that not against the majority of teams in the state. With that said I would love for them to schedule Mentor like in years past. It seemed easier to make those kind of games in the past due to being independent and not relying on having league games. But either way, win or lose Im just excited to see the kids get to compete for another week at the least against a very good team.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 11-04-18, 12:07 AM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat97 View Post
Correction, you had a typo, you meant 1 plus 2, or a total of 3.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
12 and we won them in every era regardless of format. Massillon has 23 in the formats that existed at the time and 9 national titles. Unlike us, they haven't done it in the present era.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-04-18, 12:11 AM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkronNative View Post
The TS guy is just a troll and Wildcat97 has some strange hard on for Mckinley I see also which is weird considering how successful his school was and still is. I know why TS is so frustrated but Wildcat97 is a head scratcher. Maybe he is upset they got put out or maybe judging by his username he is bitter at Mck for the 97 team that knocked them out the playoffs. Either way, his sneak jabs are kind of odd and out of left field. So trolls and anti Mck people alike can we all discuss the game. Just a thought.

This all started with the man from Mentor stating Mck turned down the offer to play. Maybe they did. I personally dont know the details and didnt take what he said personally whether it was a dig or not. Mentor is one of the top teams in the state and in this day and age would win more often that not against the majority of teams in the state. With that said I would love for them to schedule Mentor like in years past. It seemed easier to make those kind of games in the past due to being independent and not relying on having league games. But either way, win or lose Im just excited to see the kids get to compete for another week at the least against a very good team.
:
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-04-18, 06:17 AM
JoeCool JoeCool is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-02-06
Location: Canton
Posts: 1,056
JoeCool is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat97 View Post
Ok, we can discuss the scrimmage that will happen Friday evening. Mentor will easily running clock the scrimmage. Is that relevant enough?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Well thank you for admitting you were wrong. The game may be ugly but we play these games for a reason. Any giving night.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-04-18, 07:32 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,854
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Maybe the mods will take out the trash from this thread and we can actually talk about the game.

The season so far:
Mentor (10-1)
8/24 H St Edward (7-3) W 42-39
9/1 A St Ignatius (8-3) W 28-7
9/7 H Glenville (8-2) W 42-18
9/14 H Strongsville (7-4) W 45-20
9/21 A Brunswick (1-9) W 35-0
9/28 A Medina (5-5) W 49-10
10/5 H Shaker Heights (5-5) W 45-6
10/12 H Solon (8-3) L 28-29 ot
10/19 A Euclid (9-2) W 29-7
10/26 H Elyria (0-10) W 48-0
11/2 H Strongsville (7-4) W 38-7

Canton McKinley (9-2)
8/24 A Warren G Harding (8-3) W 28-14
8/31 H Buchtel (6-5) W 31-6
9/7 H Howard D. Woodson (DC) (7-3) W 30-7
9/14 A Green (1-9) W 34-20
9/21 H Hoover (7-3) W 40-21
9/28 A Lake (6-4) W 55-35
10/5 H Jackson (6-4) W 49-28
10/12 A GlenOak (1-9) W 34-0
10/19 H Perry (8-2) L 28-31
10/27 A Massillon Washington (11-0) L 17-24
11/2 A Solon (8-3) W 28-15
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-04-18, 07:45 AM
unclebob unclebob is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-20-06
Location: Dantes 1st Circle
Posts: 3,668
unclebob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Maybe the mods will take out the trash from this thread and we can actually talk about the game.

The season so far:
Mentor (10-1)
8/24 H St Edward (7-3) W 42-39
9/1 A St Ignatius (8-3) W 28-7
9/7 H Glenville (8-2) W 42-18
9/14 H Strongsville (7-4) W 45-20
9/21 A Brunswick (1-9) W 35-0
9/28 A Medina (5-5) W 49-10
10/5 H Shaker Heights (5-5) W 45-6
10/12 H Solon (8-3) L 28-29 ot
10/19 A Euclid (9-2) W 29-7
10/26 H Elyria (0-10) W 48-0
11/2 H Strongsville (7-4) W 38-7

Canton McKinley (9-2)
8/24 A Warren G Harding (8-3) W 28-14
8/31 H Buchtel (6-5) W 31-6
9/7 H Howard D. Woodson (DC) (7-3) W 30-7
9/14 A Green (1-9) W 34-20
9/21 H Hoover (7-3) W 40-21
9/28 A Lake (6-4) W 55-35
10/5 H Jackson (6-4) W 49-28
10/12 A GlenOak (1-9) W 34-0
10/19 H Perry (8-2) L 28-31
10/27 A Massillon Washington (11-0) L 17-24
11/2 A Solon (8-3) W 28-15
we will miss you
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-04-18, 08:39 AM
Football 101 Football 101 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 1,163
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
1. Mentor has tried to schedule several Stark Co teams for several years mostly unsuccessfully

2. Mentor did get a series with Massillon - and Massillon ended the series asap

3. I am a stark co fan and tend to root for mck - doesn't change the fact that Mentor has been willing to play.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-04-18, 08:50 AM
murphy13 murphy13 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-16-06
Location: Port St. Lucie, Fl
Posts: 3,758
murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think McKinley will be way more competitive than people think.
Does Mentor still substitute liberally on the lines? If so that could be the difference maker in the game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-04-18, 09:23 AM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 5,366
Raymo is on a distinguished road
They can play with anyone in the state but will kill themselves with turnovers and penalties...thats just the BULLDOGS!...But they sure are fun to watch...BAM!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-04-18, 09:38 AM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 10,782
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
I agree murph and was accused of trolling. Underdogs for sure, but going up 28-8 on the road against a Solon team that beat Mentor, w/ or w/out their QB, would give me a fair amount of hope. Good luck McKinley.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-04-18, 09:49 AM
DLCriss DLCriss is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 06-27-09
Posts: 44
DLCriss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Warren Harding is a traditional rival of our's. We used to be in a league with them and I think we've played them something like 50 times over the years.
Again, who we schedule has no bearing on the outcome of this game. If we played the entire GCL, Iggy, Ed's, and Mentor, we still wouldn't have three BIG TEN lineman like Mentor does this year. Our '97 team was the very best in Ohio history with many D1 players and a few NFL guys. We played tiny St. Thomas Aquinas that year and still wound up as USA Today National Champions. Talent wins no matter who you play. We have a smallish, predominantly underclass team this year no matter who we play.
Our '97 team wasn't even the best team in McKinley history.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who would you like to see get the Canton McKinley Boys Head Basketball Position??? IUDOGS Boys Basketball 270 10-17-18 05:38 AM
Week 5 Hoover vs McKinley WhatsupDoc Football 83 09-25-18 04:50 AM
Week 11: Cleveland St. Ignatius v. Massillon Perry perry1480 Football 276 11-04-17 08:15 PM
McKinley vs. Hoover just a fan Football 18 09-22-17 10:48 PM
Massillon Tigers Athletics DB135 Massillon Tigers 15 05-30-17 01:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz