Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Pick the winner of this game
McKinley (9-2) 25 37.88%
Mentor (10-1) 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-03-18, 01:20 AM
DaveDawg's Avatar
DaveDawg DaveDawg is offline
Bulldogs, Buckeyes & Browns!
 
Join Date: 03-25-05
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 2,004
DaveDawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DaveDawg
McKMeN V or McKinley vs Mentor #5

10-1 Cardinals vs 9-2 Bulldogs
at TBA
McKinley leads the series that started in 1994, 4-1...
Mentor won the last game played in the series in 2006, 18-13 in the state semifinal at Massillon.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-03-18, 07:45 AM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
That's a strange thread name, Dave lol.

Bulldogs are up against arguably the best team in the state..Their only loss happened when they didn't have their quarterback. They are much bigger than the Bulldogs and are heavy favorites in this game. I know better than to count out our team, but beating Mentor this year would be a huge upset. Region 1 is a killer for sure!
McKinley will need to play the perfect game and hope it's enough.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-03-18, 08:43 AM
unclebob unclebob is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-20-06
Location: Dantes 1st Circle
Posts: 3,668
unclebob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
That's a strange thread name, Dave lol.

Bulldogs are up against arguably the best team in the state..Their only loss happened when they didn't have their quarterback. They are much bigger than the Bulldogs and are heavy favorites in this game. I know better than to count out our team, but beating Mentor this year would be a huge upset. Region 1 is a killer for sure!
McKinley will need to play the perfect game and hope it's enough.
Get em Pups!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-03-18, 08:49 AM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 10,782
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Bulldogs are up against arguably the best team in the state..Their only loss happened when they didn't have their quarterback.
True, and it was against the team you just dominated. That should give you some belief. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-03-18, 09:05 AM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,932
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
I'm ready for the "neutral" site game to be in Akron or Massillon or something ...

I don't know anything about McKinley this year. Fresh opponent though which is kind of exciting I've always hoped to have a series with them in the regular season but McKinley has repeatedly turned us down over the years for it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-03-18, 09:38 AM
firewatch firewatch is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-19-09
Posts: 3,767
firewatch is on a distinguished road
Kent State or Hudson May be a good option for this game.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-03-18, 11:45 AM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
I'm ready for the "neutral" site game to be in Akron or Massillon or something ...

I don't know anything about McKinley this year. Fresh opponent though which is kind of exciting I've always hoped to have a series with them in the regular season but McKinley has repeatedly turned us down over the years for it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mentor is way too far away for a home and home imho. We have two or three open dates early before the 6 game league schedule and Massillon. We scrimmage St. Edward every year, Stow, and play a jamboree with St. Ignatius to get ready for the season, so we fear no one. Our schedule is tailored to prepare us best for making the post season, and when the talent is there, we will likely play your team anyway in R1. As far as our team goes, we are mostly underclassmen this year. Our senior quarterback is going to West Point to play for Army. We are much smaller than Mentor this year.

Last edited by JJBulldog; 11-03-18 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-03-18, 12:07 PM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
True, and it was against the team you just dominated. That should give you some belief. Good luck!
I was there. Pups didn't dominate Solon. It was a hard fought win against a good team. Mentor has a great team.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-03-18, 12:25 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 8,296
BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
McKinley can win this game...In a shoot out.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-03-18, 01:10 PM
spyros1950 spyros1950 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-24-12
Posts: 187
spyros1950 is on a distinguished road
JJBulldog wrote, "I was there. Pups didn't dominate Solon. It was a hard fought win against a good team. Mentor has a great team."
-----------------------------------------

I agree... I was there also... To be at the game, to me McK appeared to VISUALLY dominate the game, BUT a look at the stats shows a very close EVEN game:

Both had 17 first downs

In total yds, McK lead 344 to 312

In passing yds, McK lead 200 to 185

In rushing yds, McK lead 144 to 127

In penalties, both had NINE each (Nobody was happy with the Refs.)

Probably the biggest difference is that McK had TWO Takeaways (an Interception and a Fumble recovery.)

IMO, McK was FLASHY good and played with EMOTION. Solon was more workmanlike and hard-nosed with NO frills.

BOTTOM LINE - Against #1 Seeded MENTOR, the Pups can win by playing with Emotion, Keep the penalties down, and Take Away The Ball!

Good luck to all... Go Pups!...Go Tigers!... sam McK'68 (Stats by FNO.)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-03-18, 01:47 PM
EaglePride01 EaglePride01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-04-05
Posts: 6,055
EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
I'm ready for the "neutral" site game to be in Akron or Massillon or something ...

I don't know anything about McKinley this year. Fresh opponent though which is kind of exciting I've always hoped to have a series with them in the regular season but McKinley has repeatedly turned us down over the years for it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Akron would be my guess.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-03-18, 01:49 PM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,854
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
True, and it was against the team you just dominated.
Massillon fan trolling here with some misinformation. McK was in a tight battle late into the game. Besides comparing opponents'past scores is fools gold.

Mentor is the Hoban of D1. Best team McK has seen by far.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-03-18, 02:56 PM
AkronNative AkronNative is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-30-05
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 151
AkronNative
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
By playing only 2 D1 teams all season ?
No misinformation in that statement !!
Go Cards !
I've come to the conclusion that you are either a pre-teen or you just have no life what so ever. First of all you are delusional when it comes to your school and it's Championship prowess. Second, it's like you just can't help yourself but to come off with some bs statement or comment. (Don't be a horses rear, you know most of these D2 schools dropped in enrollment just as your school has and used to be D1). And third, do you ever log out of yappi.com? I mean, I love the site and all but there has to be more for you. Maybe not though. Maybe you should spend more time worrying about how your school (which I won't give you the time and energy to mention) can finally win a Championship that is PLAYED for in ANY sport. How about you worry about D2 and Juggernaut that waits for you instead of constantly having no life and trying to troll every McKinley thread. It's just getting to be weird to be honest.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-03-18, 02:56 PM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,932
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Mentor is way too far away for a home and home imho. We have two or three open dates early before the 6 game league schedule and Massillon. We scrimmage St. Edward every year, Stow, and play a jamboree with St. Ignatius to get ready for the season, so we fear no one. Our schedule is tailored to prepare us best for making the post season, and when the talent is there, we will likely play your team anyway in R1. As far as our team goes, we are mostly underclassmen this year. Our senior quarterback is going to West Point to play for Army. We are much smaller than Mentor this year.


Don't all teams play 2 or 3 out of conference games ? Scrimmages are different than scheduling real games. We scheduled Ignatius and Eds regular season. Chardon schedules us for scrimmages too but wouldn't dare do it in the regular season


I think it's natural for big division 1 schools to play each other. You guys think differently I guess but I wish we could play it sometime

At least you gotta face the teams in the playoffs if you ever want to get back to the decades ago power


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-03-18, 03:13 PM
FightingCardinal FightingCardinal is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-13-15
Posts: 138
FightingCardinal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Mentor is way too far away for a home and home imho. We have two or three open dates early before the 6 game league schedule and Massillon. We scrimmage St. Edward every year, Stow, and play a jamboree with St. Ignatius to get ready for the season, so we fear no one. Our schedule is tailored to prepare us best for making the post season, and when the talent is there, we will likely play your team anyway in R1. As far as our team goes, we are mostly underclassmen this year. Our senior quarterback is going to West Point to play for Army. We are much smaller than Mentor this year.
Too far away? Teams from Cleveland play Cincy schools every year. Pretty hilarious to claim that you fear no one, but schedule two D4 schools.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-03-18, 03:20 PM
ImpracticalJoker ImpracticalJoker is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-16-16
Posts: 85
ImpracticalJoker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingCardinal View Post
Too far away? Teams from Cleveland play Cincy schools every year. Pretty hilarious to claim that you fear no one, but schedule two D4 schools.
It is rather humorous......
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-03-18, 04:59 PM
letsgetitdone letsgetitdone is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-31-18
Posts: 25
letsgetitdone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
I'm ready for the "neutral" site game to be in Akron or Massillon or something ...

I don't know anything about McKinley this year. Fresh opponent though which is kind of exciting I've always hoped to have a series with them in the regular season but McKinley has repeatedly turned us down over the years for it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am surprised mentor even has a schedule to play being everybody turns them down for a game. Your an idiot and have zero idea of your talking about
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-03-18, 05:30 PM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Don't all teams play 2 or 3 out of conference games ? Scrimmages are different than scheduling real games. We scheduled Ignatius and Eds regular season. Chardon schedules us for scrimmages too but wouldn't dare do it in the regular season


I think it's natural for big division 1 schools to play each other. You guys think differently I guess but I wish we could play it sometime

At least you gotta face the teams in the playoffs if you ever want to get back to the decades ago power


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colerain's best ever team played no one the whole year, but easily won the 2004 State Championship. That was 14 years ago. So if they make the final again this year, will you tell them they need to play more big teams to get to the finals more often? Lol!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-03-18, 05:35 PM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingCardinal View Post
Too far away? Teams from Cleveland play Cincy schools every year. Pretty hilarious to claim that you fear no one, but schedule two D4 schools.
They have to because they recruit. Name the 2 D4s. You cant, because we dont. If you are a liar, go troll somewhere else.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-03-18, 05:44 PM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 479
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
You mad bro ???
Too easy kid...
Are you 10 or 11? This is a big boy thread, buddy. You don't belong.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-03-18, 06:09 PM
FightingCardinal FightingCardinal is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-13-15
Posts: 138
FightingCardinal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
They have to because they recruit. Name the 2 D4s. You cant, because we dont. If you are a liar, go troll somewhere else.
Buchtel and Howard D Woodson (considered as D4 by OHSAA)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-03-18, 06:13 PM
Wildcat97 Wildcat97 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-29-05
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Posts: 8,282
Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck Mentor. You should roll in this game. The attitude coming from the other side makes me hope you pour it on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-03-18, 06:19 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 8,296
BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetitdone View Post
I am surprised mentor even has a schedule to play being everybody turns them down for a game. Your an idiot and have zero idea of your talking about
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-03-18, 06:55 PM
ImpracticalJoker ImpracticalJoker is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-16-16
Posts: 85
ImpracticalJoker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingCardinal View Post
Buchtel and Howard D Woodson (considered as D4 by OHSAA)
Will be interested to see JJ's response

Pretty easy to see on Joe Eitel's site

Last edited by ImpracticalJoker; 11-03-18 at 07:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-03-18, 07:08 PM
ColinCat ColinCat is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-09-18
Posts: 108
ColinCat is on a distinguished road
Mentor 42
McKinley 14
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-03-18, 07:17 PM
ImpracticalJoker ImpracticalJoker is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-16-16
Posts: 85
ImpracticalJoker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Colerain's best ever team played no one the whole year, but easily won the 2004 State Championship. That was 14 years ago. So if they make the final again this year, will you tell them they need to play more big teams to get to the finals more often? Lol!
Does that include the team they beat in the finals?

Oh, and by the way, this year they opened up with Lasalle and St. X.
Even though they had sub-par years this year I would bet that knowledgable fans would consider them to be two very formidable opponents.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-03-18, 07:53 PM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,932
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetitdone View Post
I am surprised mentor even has a schedule to play being everybody turns them down for a game. Your an idiot and have zero idea of your talking about


We play ignatius and Eds back to back because most public schools won't play us, unfortunately. It isn't by choice

It's "you're ". Probably better to avoid easy grammar mistakes when calling someone else an idiot

I know for a fact McKinley has turned them down many times. Or made ridiculous demands like playing a 4 game series with only one game being at Mentor




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-03-18, 07:57 PM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,854
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkronNative View Post
I've come to the conclusion that you are either a pre-teen or you just have no life what so ever. First of all you are delusional when it comes to your school and it's Championship prowess. Second, it's like you just can't help yourself but to come off with some bs statement or comment. (Don't be a horses rear, you know most of these D2 schools dropped in enrollment just as your school has and used to be D1). And third, do you ever log out of yappi.com? I mean, I love the site and all but there has to be more for you. Maybe not though. Maybe you should spend more time worrying about how your school (which I won't give you the time and energy to mention) can finally win a Championship that is PLAYED for in ANY sport. How about you worry about D2 and Juggernaut that waits for you instead of constantly having no life and trying to troll every McKinley thread. It's just getting to be weird to be honest.
Correct on all counts. What I don't know is why Yappi mods let Massillon fan hijack threads, especially this horse's rear.

The irony is his team schedules out of state cupcakes that they can score 101 on instead of playing a Mentor.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-03-18, 08:15 PM
THE OWNER THE OWNER is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-07-15
Posts: 167
THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Correct on all counts. What I don't know is why Yappi mods let Massillon fan hijack threads, especially this horse's rear.

The irony is his team schedules out of state cupcakes that they can score 101 on instead of playing a Mentor.
So then yappi shouldn't allow you and Mack to infest every Massillon thread with your trash. Personally I wish he would ban all you idiot's.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-03-18, 08:43 PM
AkronNative AkronNative is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-30-05
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 151
AkronNative
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
You mad bro ???
Too easy kid...
No, not at all. Actually I'm pretty amused at your response and overall demeanor. But you have a good day and keep dreaming big little fella
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who would you like to see get the Canton McKinley Boys Head Basketball Position??? IUDOGS Boys Basketball 270 10-17-18 05:38 AM
Week 5 Hoover vs McKinley WhatsupDoc Football 83 09-25-18 04:50 AM
Week 11: Cleveland St. Ignatius v. Massillon Perry perry1480 Football 276 11-04-17 08:15 PM
McKinley vs. Hoover just a fan Football 18 09-22-17 10:48 PM
Massillon Tigers Athletics DB135 Massillon Tigers 15 05-30-17 01:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz