Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Pick the winner of this game
McKinley (9-2) 25 37.88%
Mentor (10-1) 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-18, 01:20 AM
Bulldogs, Buckeyes & Browns!

DaveDawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DaveDawg
McKMeN V or McKinley vs Mentor #5

10-1 Cardinals vs 9-2 Bulldogs
at TBA
McKinley leads the series that started in 1994, 4-1...
Mentor won the last game played in the series in 2006, 18-13 in the state semifinal at Massillon.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-18, 07:45 AM
All Region

JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
That's a strange thread name, Dave lol.

Bulldogs are up against arguably the best team in the state..Their only loss happened when they didn't have their quarterback. They are much bigger than the Bulldogs and are heavy favorites in this game. I know better than to count out our team, but beating Mentor this year would be a huge upset. Region 1 is a killer for sure!
McKinley will need to play the perfect game and hope it's enough.
Old 11-03-18, 08:43 AM
All World

unclebob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
That's a strange thread name, Dave lol.

Bulldogs are up against arguably the best team in the state..Their only loss happened when they didn't have their quarterback. They are much bigger than the Bulldogs and are heavy favorites in this game. I know better than to count out our team, but beating Mentor this year would be a huge upset. Region 1 is a killer for sure!
McKinley will need to play the perfect game and hope it's enough.
Get em Pups!
Old 11-03-18, 08:49 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Bulldogs are up against arguably the best team in the state..Their only loss happened when they didn't have their quarterback.
True, and it was against the team you just dominated. That should give you some belief. Good luck!
Old 11-03-18, 09:05 AM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
I'm ready for the "neutral" site game to be in Akron or Massillon or something ...

I don't know anything about McKinley this year. Fresh opponent though which is kind of exciting I've always hoped to have a series with them in the regular season but McKinley has repeatedly turned us down over the years for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-18, 09:38 AM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Kent State or Hudson May be a good option for this game.
Old 11-03-18, 11:45 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
I'm ready for the "neutral" site game to be in Akron or Massillon or something ...

I don't know anything about McKinley this year. Fresh opponent though which is kind of exciting I've always hoped to have a series with them in the regular season but McKinley has repeatedly turned us down over the years for it

Mentor is way too far away for a home and home imho. We have two or three open dates early before the 6 game league schedule and Massillon. We scrimmage St. Edward every year, Stow, and play a jamboree with St. Ignatius to get ready for the season, so we fear no one. Our schedule is tailored to prepare us best for making the post season, and when the talent is there, we will likely play your team anyway in R1. As far as our team goes, we are mostly underclassmen this year. Our senior quarterback is going to West Point to play for Army. We are much smaller than Mentor this year.

Last edited by JJBulldog; 11-03-18 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-03-18, 12:07 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
True, and it was against the team you just dominated. That should give you some belief. Good luck!
I was there. Pups didn't dominate Solon. It was a hard fought win against a good team. Mentor has a great team.
Old 11-03-18, 12:25 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
McKinley can win this game...In a shoot out.
Old 11-03-18, 01:10 PM
All District

spyros1950 is on a distinguished road
JJBulldog wrote, "I was there. Pups didn't dominate Solon. It was a hard fought win against a good team. Mentor has a great team."
-----------------------------------------

I agree... I was there also... To be at the game, to me McK appeared to VISUALLY dominate the game, BUT a look at the stats shows a very close EVEN game:

Both had 17 first downs

In total yds, McK lead 344 to 312

In passing yds, McK lead 200 to 185

In rushing yds, McK lead 144 to 127

In penalties, both had NINE each (Nobody was happy with the Refs.)

Probably the biggest difference is that McK had TWO Takeaways (an Interception and a Fumble recovery.)

IMO, McK was FLASHY good and played with EMOTION. Solon was more workmanlike and hard-nosed with NO frills.

BOTTOM LINE - Against #1 Seeded MENTOR, the Pups can win by playing with Emotion, Keep the penalties down, and Take Away The Ball!

Good luck to all... Go Pups!...Go Tigers!... sam McK'68 (Stats by FNO.)
Old 11-03-18, 01:47 PM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Akron would be my guess.
Old 11-03-18, 01:49 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
True, and it was against the team you just dominated.
Massillon fan trolling here with some misinformation. McK was in a tight battle late into the game. Besides comparing opponents'past scores is fools gold.

Mentor is the Hoban of D1. Best team McK has seen by far.
Old 11-03-18, 02:56 PM
All District

AkronNative
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
By playing only 2 D1 teams all season ?
No misinformation in that statement !!
Go Cards !
I've come to the conclusion that you are either a pre-teen or you just have no life what so ever. First of all you are delusional when it comes to your school and it's Championship prowess. Second, it's like you just can't help yourself but to come off with some bs statement or comment. (Don't be a horses rear, you know most of these D2 schools dropped in enrollment just as your school has and used to be D1). And third, do you ever log out of yappi.com? I mean, I love the site and all but there has to be more for you. Maybe not though. Maybe you should spend more time worrying about how your school (which I won't give you the time and energy to mention) can finally win a Championship that is PLAYED for in ANY sport. How about you worry about D2 and Juggernaut that waits for you instead of constantly having no life and trying to troll every McKinley thread. It's just getting to be weird to be honest.
Old 11-03-18, 02:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Mentor is way too far away for a home and home imho. We have two or three open dates early before the 6 game league schedule and Massillon. We scrimmage St. Edward every year, Stow, and play a jamboree with St. Ignatius to get ready for the season, so we fear no one. Our schedule is tailored to prepare us best for making the post season, and when the talent is there, we will likely play your team anyway in R1. As far as our team goes, we are mostly underclassmen this year. Our senior quarterback is going to West Point to play for Army. We are much smaller than Mentor this year.

Don't all teams play 2 or 3 out of conference games ? Scrimmages are different than scheduling real games. We scheduled Ignatius and Eds regular season. Chardon schedules us for scrimmages too but wouldn't dare do it in the regular season

I think it's natural for big division 1 schools to play each other. You guys think differently I guess but I wish we could play it sometime

At least you gotta face the teams in the playoffs if you ever want to get back to the decades ago power

Old 11-03-18, 03:13 PM
All District

FightingCardinal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Too far away? Teams from Cleveland play Cincy schools every year. Pretty hilarious to claim that you fear no one, but schedule two D4 schools.
Old 11-03-18, 03:20 PM
Varsity

ImpracticalJoker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingCardinal View Post
Too far away? Teams from Cleveland play Cincy schools every year. Pretty hilarious to claim that you fear no one, but schedule two D4 schools.
It is rather humorous......
Old 11-03-18, 04:59 PM
Junior Varsity

letsgetitdone is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I am surprised mentor even has a schedule to play being everybody turns them down for a game. Your an idiot and have zero idea of your talking about
Old 11-03-18, 05:30 PM
All Region

Quote:
Don't all teams play 2 or 3 out of conference games ? Scrimmages are different than scheduling real games. We scheduled Ignatius and Eds regular season. Chardon schedules us for scrimmages too but wouldn't dare do it in the regular season

I think it's natural for big division 1 schools to play each other. You guys think differently I guess but I wish we could play it sometime

At least you gotta face the teams in the playoffs if you ever want to get back to the decades ago power

Colerain's best ever team played no one the whole year, but easily won the 2004 State Championship. That was 14 years ago. So if they make the final again this year, will you tell them they need to play more big teams to get to the finals more often? Lol!
Old 11-03-18, 05:35 PM
All Region

Quote:
They have to because they recruit. Name the 2 D4s. You cant, because we dont. If you are a liar, go troll somewhere else.
Old 11-03-18, 05:44 PM
All Region

Quote:
You mad bro ???
Too easy kid...
Are you 10 or 11? This is a big boy thread, buddy. You don't belong.
Old 11-03-18, 06:09 PM
All District

FightingCardinal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They have to because they recruit. Name the 2 D4s. You cant, because we dont. If you are a liar, go troll somewhere else.
Buchtel and Howard D Woodson (considered as D4 by OHSAA)
Old 11-03-18, 06:13 PM
All Yappi

Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck Mentor. You should roll in this game. The attitude coming from the other side makes me hope you pour it on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-18, 06:19 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetitdone View Post
I am surprised mentor even has a schedule to play being everybody turns them down for a game. Your an idiot and have zero idea of your talking about
Old 11-03-18, 06:55 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Buchtel and Howard D Woodson (considered as D4 by OHSAA)
Will be interested to see JJ's response

Pretty easy to see on Joe Eitel's site

Last edited by ImpracticalJoker; 11-03-18 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-03-18, 07:08 PM
All District

ColinCat is on a distinguished road
Mentor 42
McKinley 14
Old 11-03-18, 07:17 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Colerain's best ever team played no one the whole year, but easily won the 2004 State Championship. That was 14 years ago. So if they make the final again this year, will you tell them they need to play more big teams to get to the finals more often? Lol!
Does that include the team they beat in the finals?

Oh, and by the way, this year they opened up with Lasalle and St. X.
Even though they had sub-par years this year I would bet that knowledgable fans would consider them to be two very formidable opponents.
Old 11-03-18, 07:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetitdone View Post

We play ignatius and Eds back to back because most public schools won't play us, unfortunately. It isn't by choice

It's "you're ". Probably better to avoid easy grammar mistakes when calling someone else an idiot

I know for a fact McKinley has turned them down many times. Or made ridiculous demands like playing a 4 game series with only one game being at Mentor

Old 11-03-18, 07:57 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkronNative View Post
I've come to the conclusion that you are either a pre-teen or you just have no life what so ever. First of all you are delusional when it comes to your school and it's Championship prowess. Second, it's like you just can't help yourself but to come off with some bs statement or comment. (Don't be a horses rear, you know most of these D2 schools dropped in enrollment just as your school has and used to be D1). And third, do you ever log out of yappi.com? I mean, I love the site and all but there has to be more for you. Maybe not though. Maybe you should spend more time worrying about how your school (which I won't give you the time and energy to mention) can finally win a Championship that is PLAYED for in ANY sport. How about you worry about D2 and Juggernaut that waits for you instead of constantly having no life and trying to troll every McKinley thread. It's just getting to be weird to be honest.
Correct on all counts. What I don't know is why Yappi mods let Massillon fan hijack threads, especially this horse's rear.

The irony is his team schedules out of state cupcakes that they can score 101 on instead of playing a Mentor.
Old 11-03-18, 08:15 PM
All District

THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Correct on all counts. What I don't know is why Yappi mods let Massillon fan hijack threads, especially this horse's rear.

The irony is his team schedules out of state cupcakes that they can score 101 on instead of playing a Mentor.
So then yappi shouldn't allow you and Mack to infest every Massillon thread with your trash. Personally I wish he would ban all you idiot's.
Old 11-03-18, 08:43 PM
All District

AkronNative
Quote:
You mad bro ???
Too easy kid...
No, not at all. Actually I'm pretty amused at your response and overall demeanor. But you have a good day and keep dreaming big little fella