Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-07-18, 12:48 PM
All Region

wads1107 is on a distinguished road
Don't know much about TV, but I guarantee Wadsworth's Head Coach Todd and his staff will have the team ready to hunt. Coach Todd will have a game plan to exploit TV's weaknesses on both Offense and defense. Wadsworth's offense runs RPO's, they will take whatever TV gives them.
Old 11-07-18, 12:56 PM
All District

bob99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wads1107 View Post
Don't know much about TV, but I guarantee Wadsworth's Head Coach Todd and his staff will have the team ready to hunt. Coach Todd will have a game plan to exploit TV's weaknesses on both Offense and defense. Wadsworth's offense runs RPO's, they will take whatever TV gives them.
I hope you are right. I hope for a Wadsworth win. I can't help looking at Wooster taking Wadsworth to the limit both games this year. I just don't think Wooster is nearly as good as TV.
Old 11-07-18, 03:10 PM
All Region

GWF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicTiger View Post
I'm not so sure where all this confidence comes from. In its last 20 regular season games Wadsworth has faced 5 teams that ended up with a winning record. Wadsworth gives up an insane amount of points to teams that frankly no team would be worried about playing. If a team with a decent defense stacks the box Wadsworth is in deep trouble IMHO. Any undefeated season should be respected but should also be viewed with some perspective.
In the last 2 seasons, (including playoffs), Wadsworth has won 11 games against schools with a .500 or better record. 7 of the 11 with winning records. A few of those schools being Div 1 opponents. For a little more perspective. I will agree overall the schedule has been soft. I donít think that poster is affiliated with Wadsworth. They mentioned they only saw Wadsworth vs Hudson and the TV playoff game. It was also their first post and seemed to be an attempt to stir the pot a little. I have some of the same concerns you have. The defense worries me. They do have some outstanding athletes and playmakers on the defensive side but it is an area of concern. I donít think stacking the box would do much to the offense. Other teams have tried and they just make the appropriate adjustments. Like wads1107 mentioned, they have a lot run/pass option plays. They always play what the defense gives them and then ride the hot hand. TVís defense seems to be their strong suit. Weíll have to see if they nullify our offense. If that happens weíre in trouble because I donít see our defense shutting them down.
Old 11-07-18, 03:21 PM
All District

TVDAWGS32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWF View Post
In the last 2 seasons, (including playoffs), Wadsworth has won 11 games against schools with a .500 or better record. 7 of the 11 with winning records. A few of those schools being Div 1 opponents. For a little more perspective. I will agree overall the schedule has been soft. I donít think that poster is affiliated with Wadsworth. They mentioned they only saw Wadsworth vs Hudson and the TV playoff game. It was also their first post and seemed to be an attempt to stir the pot a little. I have some of the same concerns you have. The defense worries me. They do have some outstanding athletes and playmakers on the defensive side but it is an area of concern. I donít think stacking the box would do much to the offense. Other teams have tried and they just make the appropriate adjustments. Like wads1107 mentioned, they have a lot run/pass option plays. They always play what the defense gives them and then ride the hot hand. TVís defense seems to be their strong suit. Weíll have to see if they nullify our offense. If that happens weíre in trouble because I donít see our defense shutting them down.
Hard to tell what will happen in this game. You say you cant see Wads' D shutting TV down, but our offense hasnt been exactly lighting it up. Our offense concerns me a great deal. Our D is really good, but if our offense can move the chains and put some pts on the board, it's only a matter of time until our D wears down. I really think this will be an interesting game.
Old 11-07-18, 03:39 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVDAWGS32 View Post
Hard to tell what will happen in this game. You say you cant see Wads' D shutting TV down, but our offense hasnt been exactly lighting it up. Our offense concerns me a great deal. Our D is really good, but if our offense can move the chains and put some pts on the board, it's only a matter of time until our D wears down. I really think this will be an interesting game.
Definitely sounds like an interesting match up. Strong side vs strong side and weak side vs weak side. May come down to which weak side steps up, who makes the least amount of mistakes, (turnovers, penalties, etc.), or special teams.
Old 11-07-18, 03:41 PM
All Region

wads1107 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99 View Post
I hope you are right. I hope for a Wadsworth win. I can't help looking at Wooster taking Wadsworth to the limit both games this year. I just don't think Wooster is nearly as good as TV.
Wooster is a bad match up for Wadsworth. They have an elusive QB that negates our blitzing packages. Big, fast WR's that exploit our defensive weakness. Wadsworth scored 37 & 42 points on Wooster. Medina is the only team that has kept Wadsworth under 30 points all year. (only Mentor and Strongsville were able to score 30+ on Medina)

Based on your analysis(Wooster taking Wads to the limit both games). Then, how do you take this into account. Wads beats Medina by 21pts, who beat Solon, who beat Mentor) Is Wads better than Mentor? Nonsense!

Last edited by wads1107; 11-07-18 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-07-18, 03:53 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
To Wadsworth fans: STVM played Tr-Valley twice last year. Won once, lost once. From those games I can tell you that, whether in victory or defeat, the Tri-Valley team and their fans were a class act all the way. It will be a clean, hard fought game from beginning to end. I'll be pulling for the Scotties in this one.

Last edited by Irish60; 11-08-18 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-07-18, 06:16 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
To Wadsworth fans: STVM played Tr-Valley twice last year. One once, lost once. From those games I can tell you that, whether in victory or defeat, the Tri-Valley team and their fans were a class act all the way. It will be a clean, hard fought game from beginning to end. I'll be pulling for the Scotties in this one.
Thank you. To be honest I was really surprised SVSM had a down year this year. I thought you guys were going to have a really strong team this year. Didnt they have a lot of players returning from their Final Four team last year?
Old 11-07-18, 06:58 PM
Freshman

Shooter25 is on a distinguished road
Not trying to "stir the pot" and I could be wrong in my opinion. That's the weird thing about opinions. They are often wrong. Been wrong before. Will be wrong again. As a football fan located in Suburban League country I just happened to see both teams. Everyone else was offering opinions based on posts on here and meaningless stats against non-common opponents. I offered my honest evaluation having actually watched both teams live. Wadsworth is better in my opinion much better. I believe the Wadsworth offense will be to much for the TV defense. They haven't seen an offense and skill players like Wadsworth with their division 3 and division 4 schedule. I know they were good last year in division 3 and pulled out some big wins but this isnt D3 and it isn't last year. It's a shame opinions are always seen as pot stirring on here. I'm young but I remember when opinions were just opinions. It's week 12 and a regional semifinal. Teams don't need Yappi posts to motivate them.
Old 11-07-18, 07:04 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thank you. To be honest I was really surprised SVSM had a down year this year. I thought you guys were going to have a really strong team this year. Didnt they have a lot of players returning from their Final Four team last year?
The Irish finished 7-3. The seven opponents they beat gave few, if any (Walsh Jesuit) second level points. Even if SVSM had beaten Perry, it's doubtful they would have made the playoffs. Just one of those years.

Good luck Friday night!
Old 11-07-18, 07:30 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter25 View Post
Not trying to "stir the pot" and I could be wrong in my opinion. That's the weird thing about opinions. They are often wrong. Been wrong before. Will be wrong again. As a football fan located in Suburban League country I just happened to see both teams. Everyone else was offering opinions based on posts on here and meaningless stats against non-common opponents. I offered my honest evaluation having actually watched both teams live. Wadsworth is better in my opinion much better. I believe the Wadsworth offense will be to much for the TV defense. They haven't seen an offense and skill players like Wadsworth with their division 3 and division 4 schedule. I know they were good last year in division 3 and pulled out some big wins but this isnt D3 and it isn't last year. It's a shame opinions are always seen as pot stirring on here. I'm young but I remember when opinions were just opinions. It's week 12 and a regional semifinal. Teams don't need Yappi posts to motivate them.
Who said teams need yappi posts to motivate them? I would hope most teams/players donít pay a lot of attention to yappi. Especially in week 12. I would think theyíre too busy watching film and preparing to execute a game plan. Yappi is for us has beens and never weres. Lol. I didnít take personal offense to your opinions. I just thought it was an odd first post ever on yappi. Someone whoís not affiliated with either team touting how Wadsworth is going to steamroll TV. I took it as someone trying to get a rise out of the TV posters on here. If Iím wrong, I apologize. Maybe I just misinterpreted the post. For the record, I hope youíre right. Would love to see a comfortable win over a nail biter. I just donít think teams make it to week 12 with no substance. I donít see a lot of teams getting beat by a wide margin in week 12. Iím certain both teams have earned their way to this game and deserve our respect
Old 11-07-18, 07:52 PM
All Ohio

teach1coach2 is on a distinguished road
Storied Rivals: Tri-Valley vs Barberton

https://www.facebook.com/storiedriva...9580014123454/
Old 11-07-18, 08:13 PM
All District

Lysdexic04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Having seen several suburban league teams, as well as TV and Sheridan, the team that took TV to OT, I believe the same can be said of Wadsworth's schedule. Aside from maybe (maybe?) Medina, this is the best defense Wadsworth will have seen all year. Yes, TV plays a "division 3 and division 4 schedule," but I believe Barberton and Sheridan would be among the best teams Wadsworth has played this year.

I appreciate and respect your thoughts and, thus, provide mine in the same manner.
Old 11-07-18, 08:49 PM
All District

Quote:
I have no problem with your opinion at all. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and your prediction could come to fruition. However, your "this isnt division 3" statement carries zero weight. First off, TV bounces between division 2 and 3 every few years, so it isnt like this is our first rodeo as a D2 team. Second, half the teams we played in the playoffs last year would have made a nice run in D2, had they been in D2 (SVSM, Hartley, Bellfontaine and Trotwood). Hell, Trotwood would have made a nice run in Division 1 last year. The difference between talent levels in D2 compared to D3 is minimal. There have actually been years when we were in D3 R11 and I wished we had been back in R7 that year because R11 was so loaded. But you are correct that this isnt last year, this is a new year with new opportunities. All I can do is watch and hope that the boys from Dresden give their very best effort and hopefully pull off yet another upset. GO DAWGS!!
Old 11-07-18, 09:47 PM
All Ohio

Tri-Valley Playoff Record
Overall: 13-10
D2: 7-6
D3: 6-4
Old 11-07-18, 09:49 PM
Freshman

Wadsfan33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1coach2 View Post
Storied Rivals: Tri-Valley vs Barberton

https://www.facebook.com/storiedriva...9580014123454/
That is a really cool highlight video. Will they be doing one for this game?
Old 11-07-18, 10:35 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadsfan33 View Post
That is a really cool highlight video. Will they be doing one for this game?
Yes, they cover TV and many other schools in our area and the Columbus area. Every week they have a highlight video that comes out on Wednesday evenings. The Wed. following the TV vs Wadsworth game, search "Storied Rivsls Sports Media" on Facebook and you can watch the highlights and those of many other games. They start posting them at 7:00 P.M and they also have a Facebook Live video where Aaron Spragg and 2 of our local beat writers (Sam Blackburn and Brandon Hannahs) record live from Buffalo Wild Wings and discuss the games and talk about next week's games. It really is neat and it's something I look forward to watching every week through the year. When Spragg started it in 09, it was a very small thing and TV was one of the 1st schools they covered. Now it has gotten huge and they probably cover around 35-40 schools now and the coverage is much more in depth.
Old 11-07-18, 11:24 PM
Junior Varsity

DawgsFan67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I've watched both these teams live. Wadsworth in week 10 against Hudson and Tri-Valley in week 11 against Barberton. Anyone that has seen both teams and thinks this game will be close is just hoping for a good game to watch. Wadsworth will win this game by 3 touchdowns. Tri-Valley will not be able to score close to enough points to make a game of it against Wadsworth. The Wadsworth offense has too much skill for TV to deal with. The TV defense is good, not great Barberton went up and down the field but kept making mistakes to avoid the end zone. Wadsworth has played better defenses this year like Hudson and even Medina. Wadsworth will spread the field and put TV into their single LB front and the 2 Wadsworth RB's will go crazy. If TV moves more LB's into the box the Wadsworth WR and the screen game and quick passing game will take over I saw it first hand against Hudson. The Tri-Valley offense was very average against a solid but not great Barberton D. Barberton spent the whole game in the TV backfield and Wadsworth lives on penetration and tackles for a loss. The TV QB doesn't take pressure well and misses a lot of throws high. Those will be tipped INT's against the Wadsworth defense. I won't head south for this one with better games closer but I will be shocked if this one is close. Tri-Valley just doesn't have the offensive weapons to hang with Wadsworth on the scoreboard. The TV defense will have to choose what they try to stop. My guess is they try to take away the 2 RB's and stop the running game. The Wadsworth QB and WR's will have a big night, TV offense cant score nearly enough and Wadsworth moves onto week 12.
I love the old ďteam X will beat TV by 3 scoresĒ comment. 3 scores seems to be the magic pipe dream these people keep recycling because weíve literally heard it vs: Marion Franklin, Bellefontaine, Bishop Hartley, ST vs St M, Sheridan, Barberton, and Trotwood Madison in the last year. The only loss was to Trotwood in the state final and we had the ball in the red zone attempting to tie the game in the final minute. 3 scores is not going to happen. Iíve studied the surburban league and strap em up because this is going to be the most physical defense youíve faced all year, not close.
Old 11-07-18, 11:27 PM
Junior Varsity

And Trotwood if you didn’t know beat D1 state champ Pick Central at their place so take that D3 vs D2 theory and throw it out the window because I promise these boys don’t care what your division is.
Old 11-07-18, 11:29 PM
All Ohio

Week 12 from last year when Tri-Valley beat undefeated Bellefontaine and their D1 QB in overtime.

Old 11-07-18, 11:45 PM
All Yappi

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
I'm still going with Wadsworth by 14.
Old 11-08-18, 12:05 AM
All Ohio

The law of probability would agree that at some point Tri-Valley gets beat by 2 or 3 TDs. Whether it be Wadsworth, Mass. Washington, or Hoban.

Over last year's and this year's playoffs TV has beat Marion Franklin by 9, Bellefontaine by 6, Bishop Hartley by 4, Akron SVSM by 18, lost to Trotwood Madison by 8, and beat Barberton by 10. Eventually someone is going to beat them by more than 1 score. It is bound to happen. It's not like Tri-Valley will ALWAYS defy the odds. Maybe this week, maybe not.

Lots of linemen back from last year. Same with LBs. Trenches is a good place to have experience.
Old 11-08-18, 12:43 AM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1coach2 View Post
The law of probability would agree that at some point Tri-Valley gets beat by 2 or 3 TDs. Whether it be Wadsworth, Mass. Washington, or Hoban.

Over last year's and this year's playoffs TV has beat Marion Franklin by 9, Bellefontaine by 6, Bishop Hartley by 4, Akron SVSM by 18, lost to Trotwood Madison by 8, and beat Barberton by 10. Eventually someone is going to beat them by more than 1 score. It is bound to happen. It's not like Tri-Valley will ALWAYS defy the odds. Maybe this week, maybe not.

Lots of linemen back from last year. Same with LBs. Trenches is a good place to have experience.
Not seeing TV you have to respect what they have done. I fully expected them to beat Barberton last week. I saw Baberton in week 10 and was very surprised by both Barberton and Highland. Just not very good. I was then surprised the score was 10-0. I expected a higher score with Barberton scoring 1 or 2 touchdowns, and TV in the high 20s low 30s. To me 10-0 with the TD on a pick 6 there is potential for trouble in the future. Is that Wadsworth I do not know as I have not seen them. I would think something has to give this week. Either Wadsworth's O or TV's D. Good luck to both teams this week. I will say if I had to choose I would take tough D all day long! Defense is an attitude!
Old 11-08-18, 08:37 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The Irish were 7-3; not too bad for a down year! Even in our 7 wins though, we didn't seem to play up to our expectations. However, even if we had beaten Perry and finished 8-2, we still wouldn't have made the playoffs. It was an issue of Harbin mathematics. A lot of the teams on our schedule had rough years all at the same time, so we got close to zero second level points. If we had made the playoffs, I would have liked our chances to go all the way. But, hey, sometimes the numbers work in your favor, sometimes they don't. It was still a fun year of high school football. Good luck to the Scotties!
Old 11-08-18, 09:47 AM
All Region

stinkin is on a distinguished road
Can’t wait to drive 1 1/2 hours to see this game !
Old 11-08-18, 09:48 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
The Irish were 7-3; not too bad for a down year! Even in our 7 wins though, we didn't seem to play up to our expectations. However, even if we had beaten Perry and finished 8-2, we still wouldn't have made the playoffs. It was an issue of Harbin mathematics. A lot of the teams on our schedule had rough years all at the same time, so we got close to zero second level points. If we had made the playoffs, I would have liked our chances to go all the way. But, hey, sometimes the numbers work in your favor, sometimes they don't. It was still a fun year of high school football. Good luck to the Scotties!
It speaks volumes about the quality of their program when they go 7-3 and it's a down year.
Old 11-08-18, 09:53 AM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Man this is gonna be one heck of a game!
Old 11-08-18, 10:18 AM
Junior Varsity

Tri Valleys film isnt going to blow you away, besides the line backers. 24 and 57 are as good as you will find. They do not care how they win or who gets the glory. The team does not scare you getting off the bus. The defense is mostly skinny kids. But when they fly to the ball, gang tackle, and come up and smack you they catch allot of teams by surprise with the physicality. The line is extremely battle tested and holds up against much bigger fronts. 3 is the best cover corner in our league and he is a play maker. 4 is pretty tough too.
Sheridan is a legit final 4 contender and would be in several divisions. Their skill players and speed is off the chart and they go 6'3 250 across the board up front. I believe Sheridan would match up favorably with Wadsworth.
I will eat crow if this defense loses by 3 scores to anyone in the region.
Old 11-08-18, 01:19 PM
Freshman

Packer is on a distinguished road
Should be a good game. I have been watching Wadsworth for forty years. I am worried about there defense. Hopefully the TV offense is lacking as some on this board have suggested. It sure looks like their defense is for real. Nobody has been able to stop the Wadsworth offense but they played a very weak schedule.
Old 11-08-18, 01:37 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgsFan67 View Post
Tri Valleys film isnt going to blow you away, besides the line backers. 24 and 57 are as good as you will find. They do not care how they win or who gets the glory. The team does not scare you getting off the bus. The defense is mostly skinny kids. But when they fly to the ball, gang tackle, and come up and smack you they catch allot of teams by surprise with the physicality. The line is extremely battle tested and holds up against much bigger fronts. 3 is the best cover corner in our league and he is a play maker. 4 is pretty tough too.
Sheridan is a legit final 4 contender and would be in several divisions. Their skill players and speed is off the chart and they go 6'3 250 across the board up front. I believe Sheridan would match up favorably with Wadsworth.
I will eat crow if this defense loses by 3 scores to anyone in the region.
Any team in this region will lose by atleast 3 scores to Massillon. Massillon is THAT good. I wish I were wrong, but I do not believe I am.