Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-06-18, 08:18 AM
All American

Wadz06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchboss1 View Post
I agree. It would be nice for everyone to be at full strength during the playoffs. Is he out for the season, or is it a week to week thing?

Out for the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-18, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVDAWGS32 View Post
Sounds kind of familiar, only we are missing our best receiver for different reasons. Taylor was a transfer and could only play in the 1st 5 games of the season and had to sit the rest of the way. It does hurt not having a playmaker like that in your offense and as punt returner.
Too bad. Dumbest rule ever invented. Which is saying a lot for OHSAA.
Old 11-06-18, 08:42 AM
All American

frankie is on a distinguished road
Airport

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-18, 09:48 AM
All District

TVDAWGS32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Too bad. Dumbest rule ever invented. Which is saying a lot for OHSAA.
Yes, I liked it better when they were required to miss the 1st 5 games, then could play the remainder of the season.
Old 11-06-18, 09:59 AM
All District

So who are some players to watch for from Wadsworth? Defensively, #76 Bradshaw at end is a stud. #24 Kendrick flies to the ball at LB. We rely much more on the system though and play great team defense and dont rely on great athletes as much. Offensively, we go with 2 QB's who have very different skill sets. #6 is our Senior(Fargus) and he is around 6'4" and has a strong arm, but not much of a scrambler. If pressured he will make some poor choices occasionally. Fritter #19 is a Sophmore who can beat you with his arm or legs. Very athletic. He doesn't have the arm that Fargus has though. Both QB's got banged up last week, with Fritter missing the last 8 minutes or so. He was seen on the sideline with ice on his hand/wrist. Haven't heard anything further on his injury, but I really hope he is able to play Friday night.We have 2 Sophmore RB's who both play. Pantaleo #33 is tall and lean and runs smooth. He can run over you, or make some nice cuts. He hasnt looked as good during the 2nd half of the season as he did at the beginning. #22 Sands is more of the small, quick back with a lot of speed. He hits the hole fast though and is hard to get a hold of. As I mentioned earlier, our best receiver is #2 Taylor, but he has been out since week 5 due to transfer rules.
Old 11-06-18, 12:04 PM
All Ohio

Benchboss1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadz06 View Post
Out for the season

Sorry to hear that. Sucks for the kid especially.
Old 11-06-18, 12:08 PM
All Region

GWF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchboss1 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Sucks for the kid especially.
Definitely. Senior year. Heís a basketball player so hopefully he can make it back before the season is over.
Old 11-06-18, 12:16 PM
All World

unclebob is an unknown quantity at this point
Good discussion thanks for the info and insight.

Best of luck to both. Hope the injury bug stays away.

Hope to see one of you next week Lord willing.
Old 11-06-18, 04:28 PM
Freshman

Wadsfan33 is on a distinguished road
D
Old 11-06-18, 05:05 PM
Freshman

Defensively, wads runs a 3-3-5. The dline is pretty undersized but havenít been pushed around this year. There are no standouts among the dline but they all hold their own. The strength of the team is the linebackers. #17 Mason Mcmillen is one of the best highschool football players I have ever seen. He is always in the backfield and flying all over the field. The only reason he doesnít have big D1 offers is because he is undersized for that level of college football. The other standout at linebacker is #33 Jack Grice. He has great speed for his size and constantly makes plays. The secondary is the weakness of the defense. The corners are undersized and have struggled with bigger recievers. They also donít have great speed to make up for their size(not sure how fast the TV recievers are). The standout isnít the secondary is #15 Alec Miller. He is a hybrid linebacker/safety. He is quick enough to cover slot recievers but also big enough to make plays in the run game. The safety #28 Herbert set a school record with 9 intís but he seems to get beat quite a bit. Many of the intís also seemed to be tipped or thrown right to him.(not trying to take anything away from the kid as 9 intís is very impressive, just what I feel is accurate). Look for wads to blitz Mcmillen, Grice, or Miller on a lot of plays. Offensively, wads will spread you out and ride the hot hand, whether that be running or passing. The oline is also undersized but they open up big holes for the running backs and are solid in pass pro. The receiver to watch is #4 Barret Labus. He is electric with the ball in his hands and is only a sophomore. The othe recievers are solid and do a nice job blocking. The running backs are the strength of the offense. #14 Brock Snowball is a load to bring down and is surprisingly quick for his size. #3 Dominic Loparo is also very tough to tackle. He has great vision and speed and always seems to break big runs. They are both on the field for almost every play as when they are not running the ball they do a great job blocking for one another from the h-back spot. The quarterback Trey Shaffer has done a very nice job replacing Mr. Football Joey Baughman. He doesnít have a great arm but is pretty accurate in the short to medium passing game. He makes good decisions with the ball when not under pressure but can force a few throws when there is pressure. He has only been asked to run the ball one game this year(against nordonia) and he did a very nice job(about 100 yards rushing). This could be a factor is TV can shut down Snowball and Loparo. Overall I think that these teams are pretty similar and this should be a great game.
Old 11-06-18, 05:17 PM
Freshman

joliherb4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadsfan33 View Post
Defensively, wads runs a 3-3-5. The dline is pretty undersized but havenít been pushed around this year. There are no standouts among the dline but they all hold their own. The strength of the team is the linebackers. #17 Mason Mcmillen is one of the best highschool football players I have ever seen. He is always in the backfield and flying all over the field. The only reason he doesnít have big D1 offers is because he is undersized for that level of college football. The other standout at linebacker is #33 Jack Grice. He has great speed for his size and constantly makes plays. The secondary is the weakness of the defense. The corners are undersized and have struggled with bigger recievers. They also donít have great speed to make up for their size(not sure how fast the TV recievers are). The standout isnít the secondary is #15 Alec Miller. He is a hybrid linebacker/safety. He is quick enough to cover slot recievers but also big enough to make plays in the run game. The safety #28 Herbert set a school record with 9 intís but he seems to get beat quite a bit. Many of the intís also seemed to be tipped or thrown right to him.(not trying to take anything away from the kid as 9 intís is very impressive, just what I feel is accurate). Look for wads to blitz Mcmillen, Grice, or Miller on a lot of plays. Offensively, wads will spread you out and ride the hot hand, whether that be running or passing. The oline is also undersized but they open up big holes for the running backs and are solid in pass pro. The receiver to watch is #4 Barret Labus. He is electric with the ball in his hands and is only a sophomore. The othe recievers are solid and do a nice job blocking. The running backs are the strength of the offense. #14 Brock Snowball is a load to bring down and is surprisingly quick for his size. #3 Dominic Loparo is also very tough to tackle. He has great vision and speed and always seems to break big runs. They are both on the field for almost every play as when they are not running the ball they do a great job blocking for one another from the h-back spot. The quarterback Trey Shaffer has done a very nice job replacing Mr. Football Joey Baughman. He doesnít have a great arm but is pretty accurate in the short to medium passing game. He makes good decisions with the ball when not under pressure but can force a few throws when there is pressure. He has only been asked to run the ball one game this year(against nordonia) and he did a very nice job(about 100 yards rushing). This could be a factor is TV can shut down Snowball and Loparo. Overall I think that these teams are pretty similar and this should be a great game.

Youíre a Wadsworth guy? 28 is Noah not Jake.

Old 11-06-18, 05:33 PM
Freshman

My bad, meant number 20. Noah and Jake also are pretty similarly built
Old 11-06-18, 05:37 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliherb4 View Post
Youíre a Wadsworth guy? 28 is Noah not Jake.

Iím sure he meant 20. His assessment was pretty spot on. A couple things Iíll add. Herbert might be in the right place at the right time but you donít break the interception record by accident. And I love how humble he is. When interviewed, he gave the credit for his interceptions to his teammates doing their jobs. He said he doesnít get those opportunities without everyone else doing their jobs. Love that kind of attitude. Team first!
Old 11-06-18, 05:39 PM
Freshman

joliherb4 is on a distinguished road
Well said. Heís a good kid and teammate.

Old 11-06-18, 05:42 PM
Freshman

No doubt. I apologiz, I don’t thing my assessment came out how I wanted it to sound. He seems like a great kid and will always be in the record books!
Old 11-06-18, 05:50 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliherb4 View Post
Well said. Heís a good kid and teammate.

Having watched all the games I see nothing to disagree with that comment. When he gets a pick he hands the ball to the ref and trots over to the sideline. No chest pounding or look at me antics. Gives credit to his teammates when he has the opportunity to let it shine on him. I also heard he has/had a pretty significant spinal condition. I wonít elaborate because I have no direct knowledge. The announcers said itís amazing that he can even play let alone at such a high level.
Old 11-06-18, 05:52 PM
All Region

Quote:
No doubt. I apologiz, I donít thing my assessment came out how I wanted it to sound. He seems like a great kid and will always be in the record books!
Nothing to apologize for. I thought your assessment was extremely accurate. I just wanted to expand on Herbert a little. I knew what you meant. He definitely has a knack for being around the ball
Old 11-06-18, 06:09 PM
All District

Wink

Quote:
It's funny, I had watched some video on Wadsworth and told my buddy that when he gets the chance to watch some, to look for their LB #17. He really, really reminds me of Kendrick of TV #24. Seems to have a nose for the ball and really can put up some big hits. You are also correct in that the teams really do seem to be very similar. TV's strength is our run D. Some games we throw .ore, while others we try to establish the run. I am expecting another great game Friday. Best of luck to both teams and hopefully there is no injuries for either side.
Old 11-06-18, 06:23 PM
All World

unclebob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It's funny, I had watched some video on Wadsworth and told my buddy that when he gets the chance to watch some, to look for their LB #17. He really, really reminds me of Kendrick of TV #24. Seems to have a nose for the ball and really can put up some big hits. You are also correct in that the teams really do seem to be very similar. TV's strength is our run D. Some games we throw .ore, while others we try to establish the run. I am expecting another great game Friday. Best of luck to both teams and hopefully there is no injuries for either side.
man lookin forward to a great game...get after it..
Old 11-06-18, 07:39 PM
Varsity

Osu13 is on a distinguished road
Have really been looking forward to this game since last Friday after both teams won!! Went and watched TV for the first time this year as we have some ties to that program and took advantage of DIV playing on Saturday. Was really impressed with how active and athletic TV is. Not going to blow you away with their size up front but they are always causing havoc and being disruptive. Thought #24 Hendricks was the best player on the field. Was always around the ball and could really lay the lumber when the time came! He was the leader and ďquarterbackĒ every defense wants. The offense seemed to have a different rhythm when #10 was on the field. Heís quick and just a gamer from what I saw. It should be a great matchup Friday night!!
Old 11-06-18, 07:56 PM
All Ohio

doverbuck is on a distinguished road
I would like to see Dover set a series with Wadsworth, would love to see our visitor stands full,the only teams that travel well to Dover are Steubenville and of course phila.
Hope you have good weather and enjoy the night.
Old 11-06-18, 08:15 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osu13 View Post
Have really been looking forward to this game since last Friday after both teams won!! Went and watched TV for the first time this year as we have some ties to that program and took advantage of DIV playing on Saturday. Was really impressed with how active and athletic TV is. Not going to blow you away with their size up front but they are always causing havoc and being disruptive. Thought #24 Hendricks was the best player on the field. Was always around the ball and could really lay the lumber when the time came! He was the leader and ďquarterbackĒ every defense wants. The offense seemed to have a different rhythm when #10 was on the field. Heís quick and just a gamer from what I saw. It should be a great matchup Friday night!!
Yes, Kendrick is definitely around the ball a lot. Hes also one hell of a punter. He really boots them deep. I think you are meaning #19 Fritter, not #10, if you are you talking about qb? I agree, the offense has been flowing much better with Fritter at the helms, but again, still not sure of his availability. (#10 Andrew Newsom was our QB last year).
Old 11-06-18, 08:33 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Yes, Kendrick is definitely around the ball a lot. Hes also one hell of a punter. He really boots them deep. I think you are meaning #19 Fritter, not #10, if you are you talking about qb? I agree, the offense has been flowing much better with Fritter at the helms, but again, still not sure of his availability. (#10 Andrew Newsom was our QB last year).
I apologize, yes #19 Fritter. He just carried himself different and seemed to be one of those kids who is just a baller if that makes sense. Hopefully he is available as I feel he is a difference maker for you guys. Kendrick has a hell of a leg for sure lol! Also seemed like #9 had his name called a lot in run support. Seems like he will be a factor this week as well.
Old 11-06-18, 08:42 PM
All Ohio

teach1coach2 is on a distinguished road
DawgsFan67 and TVdawgs32,
scroll to the top and look at the top right corner and click on Private Messages.
Old 11-06-18, 09:12 PM
All Ohio

For Tri-Valley, Fargus has the big arm. Can throw the deep ball very well. If a receiver gets behind the defense, he can make the throw. Fritter doesn't have quite as strong of an arm, but it is accurate. He might be the best runner on the team. Hard to get down and pops out of so many piles. Sands and Panteleo run hard but are not flashy. Fritter, Sands and Panteleo are all sophomores.

TV Defense is solid. Offense has been inconsistent the second half of the season. A TV win would mean a low scoring game. Wadsworth will be the best team TV has faced followed by Sheridan and Barberton in that order. John Glenn would not be denied the night they beat Tri-Valley (TV had beat their neighbor 12 straight years) , but JG, Philo and Zanesville are solid teams but not as good as those mentioned above. The other 5 teams that TV beat were not very good teams. The MVL has no middle. You are really good or really not good.
Old 11-06-18, 09:15 PM
All Ohio

MVL Co-Champs Tri-Valley and Sheridan week 7 2018.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...1364&FORM=VIRE
Old 11-06-18, 09:25 PM
Freshman

Shooter25 is on a distinguished road
I've watched both these teams live. Wadsworth in week 10 against Hudson and Tri-Valley in week 11 against Barberton. Anyone that has seen both teams and thinks this game will be close is just hoping for a good game to watch. Wadsworth will win this game by 3 touchdowns. Tri-Valley will not be able to score close to enough points to make a game of it against Wadsworth. The Wadsworth offense has too much skill for TV to deal with. The TV defense is good, not great Barberton went up and down the field but kept making mistakes to avoid the end zone. Wadsworth has played better defenses this year like Hudson and even Medina. Wadsworth will spread the field and put TV into their single LB front and the 2 Wadsworth RB's will go crazy. If TV moves more LB's into the box the Wadsworth WR and the screen game and quick passing game will take over I saw it first hand against Hudson. The Tri-Valley offense was very average against a solid but not great Barberton D. Barberton spent the whole game in the TV backfield and Wadsworth lives on penetration and tackles for a loss. The TV QB doesn't take pressure well and misses a lot of throws high. Those will be tipped INT's against the Wadsworth defense. I won't head south for this one with better games closer but I will be shocked if this one is close. Tri-Valley just doesn't have the offensive weapons to hang with Wadsworth on the scoreboard. The TV defense will have to choose what they try to stop. My guess is they try to take away the 2 RB's and stop the running game. The Wadsworth QB and WR's will have a big night, TV offense cant score nearly enough and Wadsworth moves onto week 12.
Old 11-07-18, 08:49 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter25 View Post
I've watched both these teams live. Wadsworth in week 10 against Hudson and Tri-Valley in week 11 against Barberton. Anyone that has seen both teams and thinks this game will be close is just hoping for a good game to watch. Wadsworth will win this game by 3 touchdowns. Tri-Valley will not be able to score close to enough points to make a game of it against Wadsworth. The Wadsworth offense has too much skill for TV to deal with. The TV defense is good, not great Barberton went up and down the field but kept making mistakes to avoid the end zone. Wadsworth has played better defenses this year like Hudson and even Medina. Wadsworth will spread the field and put TV into their single LB front and the 2 Wadsworth RB's will go crazy. If TV moves more LB's into the box the Wadsworth WR and the screen game and quick passing game will take over I saw it first hand against Hudson. The Tri-Valley offense was very average against a solid but not great Barberton D. Barberton spent the whole game in the TV backfield and Wadsworth lives on penetration and tackles for a loss. The TV QB doesn't take pressure well and misses a lot of throws high. Those will be tipped INT's against the Wadsworth defense. I won't head south for this one with better games closer but I will be shocked if this one is close. Tri-Valley just doesn't have the offensive weapons to hang with Wadsworth on the scoreboard. The TV defense will have to choose what they try to stop. My guess is they try to take away the 2 RB's and stop the running game. The Wadsworth QB and WR's will have a big night, TV offense cant score nearly enough and Wadsworth moves onto week 12.
You may very well be right. However, this same program played in week 15 last year and beat the likes of Hartley, SVSM, and gave Trotwood Madison all they wanted down to the last second. I use last year only to say they were the clear underdog in all of those games and I'm sure heard how they didn't stand a chance against any of those teams. I am not a TV backer but do follow them from a far and catch playoff games if they fall on the opposite night of DIV and I can say they have a culture and kids who believe they can play with anyone. Just an observation from an outsider. Should be a great one on Friday!!
Old 11-07-18, 11:34 AM
Freshman

jsv2193 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osu13 View Post
You may very well be right. However, this same program played in week 15 last year and beat the likes of Hartley, SVSM, and gave Trotwood Madison all they wanted down to the last second. I use last year only to say they were the clear underdog in all of those games and I'm sure heard how they didn't stand a chance against any of those teams. I am not a TV backer but do follow them from a far and catch playoff games if they fall on the opposite night of DIV and I can say they have a culture and kids who believe they can play with anyone. Just an observation from an outsider. Should be a great one on Friday!!
You are exactly right. I'll never say they can win every game, but those kids believe they can. The only people think they are underdogs are the spectators. They relish the underdog role & love proving they belong. I hope Wadsworth underestimates them also, but after last year I don't think anyone will look past them now. I just want a good game & I believe it will be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-18, 12:15 PM
All World

ChronicTiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter25 View Post
I'm not so sure where all this confidence comes from. In its last 20 regular season games Wadsworth has faced 5 teams that ended up with a winning record. Wadsworth gives up an insane amount of points to teams that frankly no team would be worried about playing. If a team with a decent defense stacks the box Wadsworth is in deep trouble IMHO. Any undefeated season should be respected but should also be viewed with some perspective.