Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-06-18, 09:01 PM
Junior Varsity

WalshU33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceLikeAHammer View Post
That's a cool, yet painful, story. You were a heckuva player on that team.
Ancient history my friend.
Old 11-06-18, 09:11 PM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalshU33 View Post
Ancient history my friend.
This guy and his running mate Lee were the best RB combo that Mogadore ever had in the same backfield. They didnít suck on defense either.
Old 11-06-18, 09:28 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmog View Post
This guy and his running mate Lee were the best RB combo that Mogadore ever had in the same backfield. They didnít suck on defense either.
Mogadore has had a lot of great combos and even trios. Canít remember what year exactly but about 5-10 years ago the Mcavinew, Chance, Strain trio was pretty darn good. Moore and Parker in 1996 didnít suck either 🙂
Old 11-07-18, 09:42 AM
Freshman

AirAttack19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbuck View Post
I disagree that Mogadore's QB is better than Rootstown's.
in the the last 2 Mogadore -Rootstown games, Mogadore's QB was 14/33 with 147 with 1 TD and 1 Int. Rootstown's was 19/40 for 346 yards with 2 TD and 3 Int. Steger was also 1st Team All Conference and HM All Inland Distract last year.
Sounds like both had pretty similar number against each other. How do their season stats compare? Im assuming the Rootstown QB was 1st team in the league this year. That should pretty much settle any dispute.
Old 11-07-18, 09:48 AM
All Yappi

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
I'm up in the air air about who will win this game. I have seen Mogadore several times this season and watched then dismantle a very good and big Elyria Catholic team. Both teams have won against Rootstown but the field conditions were not the same. I think an extra point missed might be the difference. I'm going with the Wildcats.
Old 11-07-18, 07:20 PM
All American

Scrapper56 is on a distinguished road
Hard to believe this 2 schools only met 5 times. Im looking for the blue devils to finally get that monkey off their back. I remember watching Cintrons dad play back in the day. His kid is even better. Good luck to coach William and his squad!!
Old 11-07-18, 07:31 PM
All American

Scrapper56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
McDonald has had their share of great running backs, Gresko, Rozzo, Gallo, Santangelo, Grant just to name a few.
Old 11-07-18, 08:11 PM
All Ohio

beaker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper56 View Post
McDonald has had their share of great running backs, Gresko, Rozzo, Gallo, Santangelo, Grant just to name a few.
I remember the game against Shadyside in the state semis. Gresko had a great game. They went on to lose against Minster in the title game. It was a close game, I believe the score was 16-7. I think that was the start of the MAC's dominance for all these years.
Old 11-07-18, 08:30 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper56 View Post
Hard to believe this 2 schools only met 5 times. Im looking for the blue devils to finally get that monkey off their back. I remember watching Cintrons dad play back in the day. His kid is even better. Good luck to coach William and his squad!!
It does seem like it has been more than 5 going on 6, but after Friday it will be 3 times in the last 8 post-seasons.
Old 11-07-18, 09:41 PM
All Ohio

ICBM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker View Post
I remember the game against Shadyside in the state semis. Gresko had a great game. They went on to lose against Minster in the title game. It was a close game, I believe the score was 16-7. I think that was the start of the MAC's dominance for all these years.
If this is the game Iím thinking of, I want to say McDonald had a back (Jones or Hancock???) break away around the 50 and a Minster player caught him from behind around the 4 or 5 yard line with just a few minutes left. They couldnít get it in on four attempts. Minsters big back broke a long TD run on of the last plays of the game or it would have been a lot closer. Tough loss. A lot of great kids on that team.
Old 11-07-18, 10:07 PM
All Ohio

m14brian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
If this is the game Iím thinking of, I want to say McDonald had a back (Jones or Hancock???) break away around the 50 and a Minster player caught him from behind around the 4 or 5 yard line with just a few minutes left. They couldnít get it in on four attempts. Minsters big back broke a long TD run on of the last plays of the game or it would have been a lot closer. Tough loss. A lot of great kids on that team.

That was Jones.. 1994 State finals first D6 year. That was against St Henry. 21-7 final. That defensive hold was a killer. Would have made it 14-14.
Old 11-07-18, 10:10 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
No, that was the title game against St. Henry.. oh man if they could have just punched that one in..who knows might have won that one.
Old 11-08-18, 10:50 AM
All World

Quote:
Mogadore got to put a hold on that dominance for a year in 1996 against St. Henry. They had beat McD in 1994, beat someone else in 1995, then was killing Mogadore at half in 1996 (down by 32 late in 2Q)...only for us to come back, send it to OT and win in 3OT.
Old 11-08-18, 12:48 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Mogadore got to put a hold on that dominance for a year in 1996 against St. Henry. They had beat McD in 1994, beat someone else in 1995, then was killing Mogadore at half in 1996 (down by 32 late in 2Q)...only for us to come back, send it to OT and win in 3OT.
Oh man, I heard about that game. That was an incredible win for Mogadore!!!
Old 11-08-18, 01:58 PM
All World

http://www.vindy.com/news/2018/nov/0...-know-all-abo/

Nice article posted in the Youngstown vindicator today talking about the past history of the schools and comments from the blue devil team. Very good read.
Old 11-08-18, 04:30 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestoneFan View Post
I'm up in the air air about who will win this game. I have seen Mogadore several times this season and watched then dismantle a very good and big Elyria Catholic team. Both teams have won against Rootstown but the field conditions were not the same. I think an extra point missed might be the difference. I'm going with the Wildcats.
This post made me realize, Mogadore beat 3 teams that are still alive in the playoffs this year.

Meadowbrook in D5
Norwayne has Kirtland this week
Elyria Catholic who actually beat the co-MAC champ in Anna last week.

Mogadore really owned EC too. Norwayne and Meadowbrook were close games.
Old 11-08-18, 06:08 PM
Varsity

Panther13 is on a distinguished road
Anyone familiar with the Aurora area? Any recommendations on places to eat near the stadium?
Old 11-08-18, 08:15 PM
All World

Guy I know that lives there says Papous.
Old 11-08-18, 08:34 PM
All Ohio

ICBM is on a distinguished road
This is such a civil thread. The Hubbard - Steubenville thread is ruthless. LOL.
Old 11-08-18, 08:42 PM
Junior Varsity

Because these two communities respect and actually like each other.
Old 11-08-18, 09:06 PM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Here's a funny one for you, I don't remember what year it was but in the 80's sometime. I decided to go Saturday morning and watch the JV game. It happened to be one of the best played and exciting JV games ever. McD is winning by a couple of points in the last few minutes of the game. Mogadore is driving and got inside the 5. It's 4th. And inches mogadore breaks the huddle QB under center. Starts the. Cadence and holy cow McDonald's volunteer fire department is right beside the field and the siren goes off. It was pretty loud and a few linemen and the QB jumped. Yes the refs threw the flag , now instead of. Inches for a score it's 4th. And 5. We pleaded with the side judge and he wouldn't wave off the flag. Well McD. Defense gave up 4 yards. Time expired mcD wins. It was a heart breaker, oh wait it was a JV game. Shaking hands after both teams were laughing. A kid from McD. Said that's our secret weapon. Gotta love JV football. The most fun of all football.
Old 11-08-18, 11:32 PM
All Region

joelmama is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Guy I know that lives there says Papous.
That would not be my recommendation. I can think of severeal better places like 1815 tavern
Old 11-09-18, 03:09 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelmama View Post
That would not be my recommendation. I can think of severeal better places like 1815 tavern
He mentioned 1815 as well.
Old 11-09-18, 08:23 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
This post made me realize, Mogadore beat 3 teams that are still alive in the playoffs this year.

Meadowbrook in D5
Norwayne has Kirtland this week
Elyria Catholic who actually beat the co-MAC champ in Anna last week.

Mogadore really owned EC too. Norwayne and Meadowbrook were close games.
In was also looking at those teams Mogadore beat using Joeís site. Norwayne... it dawned on me this is the same team that Girard(next door to McDonald) played in an epic regional final for D4 R13. 33-32 finial. Norwayne Won State that year and I remember watching that game on Fox sports ohio.
I am puzzled though how this team is D4 just 7 year ago and now they are D6? I understand OHSAA added D7 but even if Norwayne was on the verge of D4-5 numbers in 2011 how they would still not be D5 today? Complete down turn in boys in 7 years...
Old 11-09-18, 08:57 AM
All Ohio

Well of course another rainy Friday..is that 10 Fridays in a row??? Its game day!!! Go Devils!!!
Old 11-09-18, 09:37 AM
All Region

YTOWN
Good luck McDonald.
Old 11-09-18, 09:40 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Well of course another rainy Friday..is that 10 Fridays in a row??? Its game day!!! Go Devils!!!
I donít want to sit in the rain all game.. last week rain was very brief. Need to bring the apricot branndy tonight...
Old 11-09-18, 10:59 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by m14brian View Post
In was also looking at those teams Mogadore beat using Joeís site. Norwayne... it dawned on me this is the same team that Girard(next door to McDonald) played in an epic regional final for D4 R13. 33-32 finial. Norwayne Won State that year and I remember watching that game on Fox sports ohio.
I am puzzled though how this team is D4 just 7 year ago and now they are D6? I understand OHSAA added D7 but even if Norwayne was on the verge of D4-5 numbers in 2011 how they would still not be D5 today? Complete down turn in boys in 7 years...
Yup same school, they have the max amount of kids for D6 so they very well may be D5 next count. They arenít the only ones though, both Brookfield and Liberty were D4 in the last year before moving to 7 divisions.

That Norwayne-Girard game was a doozy. I remember Norwayne had an outstanding qb that was also their middle linebacker, tough as nails
Old 11-09-18, 10:59 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by m14brian View Post
I donít want to sit in the rain all game.. last week rain was very brief. Need to bring the apricot branndy tonight...
Good thing is they are projected all the wet weather to be gone by the early afternoon, but weíll see how accurate that is
Old 11-09-18, 12:16 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Yup same school, they have the max amount of kids for D6 so they very well may be D5 next count. They arenít the only ones though, both Brookfield and Liberty were D4 in the last year before moving to 7 divisions.

That Norwayne-Girard game was a doozy. I remember Norwayne had an outstanding qb that was also their middle linebacker, tough as nails
Can't speak for Brookfield, but Liberty's number of kids has dropped a lot. So much so that they reorganized the schools. 7th and 8th grade got moved to the high school cause it is under utilized. Most if not all elementary kids moved to middle school and they are leasing out elementary school for other things They gonna be in d6 for a while