Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-30-18, 09:53 AM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
#5 Badin (7-3) @ #4 Butler (6-4)

I donít know much about Badin other than being a Cincy private out of the GCL. Doesnít look like this is going to be a good matchup. Butler should be playing CJ had they taken care of business against Tipp and could have maybe beat CJ. Now they have to play a loaded Badin team. Does Butler even have a shot here?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-18, 10:05 AM
All Region

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
I donít know much about Badin other than being a Cincy private out of the GCL. Doesnít look like this is going to be a good matchup. Butler should be playing CJ had they taken care of business against Tipp and could have maybe beat CJ. Now they have to play a loaded Badin team. Does Butler even have a shot here?
This will be the best game in region 12 next week.
Old 10-30-18, 11:52 AM
All American

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Vandalia beating CJ was far from a sure thing. They may have lost a step but they weren't going to rollover for Vandalia. I sorda see Badin and current CJ as pretty comparable. To answer your question yes Vandalia has a shot. They have to capitalize on there opportunties though and must take care of the ball. Passing game has to make an appearance and with no rain in the forecast I suspect it will. OL just has to give Motter time. This game is a tossup and should be a fun one.
Old 10-30-18, 12:06 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
How is Butler's rush defense? That will be the key to the game. I look for Badin to win this game pretty easily, couple of TD's.
Old 10-30-18, 12:10 PM
All Ohio

gostate03 is on a distinguished road
Does Butler have many guys that go both ways? That is the problem that Badin will run into, alot of them have to play both ways and wear down if it is a close 4th quarter game
Old 10-30-18, 12:41 PM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
To say Badin is "loaded" is quite an overstatement. They have a quality football team but no D1 athletes to mention, etc. Typical Badin, tough, hard nosed, control the clock, play physical defense.

I see this game as being a toss up. Butler has just as good of a chance of winning as Badin does.
Old 10-30-18, 02:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostate03 View Post
Does Butler have many guys that go both ways? That is the problem that Badin will run into, alot of them have to play both ways and wear down if it is a close 4th quarter game
They have several so both teams will be in the same boat as far as that goes.
Old 10-30-18, 02:02 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
How is Butler's rush defense? That will be the key to the game. I look for Badin to win this game pretty easily, couple of TD's.
They have kept the lid on some pretty good backs this year but have been gashed by mobile QB's and athletes that can get out on the corners. To your point if Badin can kick it around the edges it could be a long night. Tipp City killed them on the edges last week.
Old 10-30-18, 02:40 PM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
They have kept the lid on some pretty good backs this year but have been gashed by mobile QB's and athletes that can get out on the corners. To your point if Badin can kick it around the edges it could be a long night. Tipp City killed them on the edges last week.

Badin is an edge rushing team. Speedy back on the edge and the QB is big and can run too. Pretty good arm as well.
Old 10-30-18, 03:01 PM
All District

northmontthunder is on a distinguished road
I watched the Northmont Butler game. I took away from that game. That Butler has a good rush defense. They only gave up 63 yards rushing to Northmont. There corners got beat deep a lot on the edges. Northmont was forced to pass a lot to win. From the stats it looks like Badin is a mostly running team. Some keys to the game will be Butlers rush defense and Butlers ability to finish drives. Butler was able to drive the ball down on Northmont a few times. The key for Badin will be containing QB Motter from scrambling for big yards. He was very good at extending drives with his legs. I do believe from the scores that Badin will pull this one out. I think it could be closer than expected. I think Butler matches up well with Badin.
Old 10-30-18, 04:08 PM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
This will be a tough test for Butler, but I have to believe they will be up for it. One got away last week and this is a great opportunity for redemption at home with a big raucous crowd on hand. They just need to ball out and leave it all on the field. Win or lose this group has a lot to be proud of. The seniors are playing for their third coach in four years, so I'd love to see them win this! Coach Puckett and his staff have done a great job and I am excited for the future of the program!
Old 10-30-18, 05:23 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Badin is an edge rushing team. Speedy back on the edge and the QB is big and can run too. Pretty good arm as well.
Uh, Badin is way more physical and I think will dominate the line of scrimmage.Only saw Butler once, but they looked a little bit soft.
Old 10-31-18, 01:30 PM
Varsity

ButlerParent is an unknown quantity at this point
Butler finally getting back to full strength. They got two of their best players back last week but didnt seem to help. They got outcoached and outplayed. It happens. They are in that is all that matters.

Dropping to d3 is big. Its how Butler got the home game. We have less points than last team to make it. Badin is good but not Lasalle or Loveland. Wish we were d3 back then. If we were d2 this year we would be 7 seed and playing Kings.
Old 10-31-18, 02:39 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Badin Rams

Starks savoring every healthy moment for Badin

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...OsO3chSVqzDmM/
Old 11-01-18, 01:46 PM
All American

Badin-Butler Preview

Badin, Butler similar teams on playoff collision course

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...r9FchKxfVYY2N/
Old 11-02-18, 07:37 AM
All Ohio

Just found out I have to work tonight so I am going to miss this game. Doesn’t look like there is a radio or internet stream covering. Will anyone be doing live updates?

Feeling better about this game but still think it’s gonna be tough for Butler. It is interesting though because In Badin’s 7 wins they only beat 2 teams with winning records and 1 of those teams was a struggling CJ that lost 3 of there last 4. As coach says the toughest team will win.
Old 11-02-18, 09:14 AM
All District

snowman33 is on a distinguished road
Best of luck to Butler tonight! Looking forward to our game in Vandalia week one next season.
Old 11-02-18, 09:23 AM
All American

Quote:
Just found out I have to work tonight so I am going to miss this game. Doesnít look like there is a radio or internet stream covering. Will anyone be doing live updates?

Feeling better about this game but still think itís gonna be tough for Butler. It is interesting though because In Badinís 7 wins they only beat 2 teams with winning records and 1 of those teams was a struggling CJ that lost 3 of there last 4. As coach says the toughest team will win.
I'll be doing live updates on Twitter @rickcassano
Old 11-02-18, 10:42 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
I'll be doing live updates on Twitter @rickcassano
Thank you!
Old 11-02-18, 10:44 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman33 View Post
Best of luck to Butler tonight! Looking forward to our game in Vandalia week one next season.
Will hopefully be a better game next year!
Old 11-05-18, 01:35 PM
Varsity

Where are all the comments now? We threw 5 ints and no one saying a word. After a couple ints, stop throwing the ball. If we dont throw, we win. Where is freedom and benchwarmer at now? We were outcoached. Kids outplayed Badin. Run the ball.
Old 11-05-18, 01:51 PM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerParent View Post
Where are all the comments now? We threw 5 ints and no one saying a word. After a couple ints, stop throwing the ball. If we dont throw, we win. Where is freedom and benchwarmer at now? We were outcoached. Kids outplayed Badin. Run the ball.
Easy there tiger. While I'll agree that the int's definitely contributed to the loss, its really easy to play monday morning quarterback. Some of those picks occured after Badin had taken the lead and where thrown at times when Butler was trying to get back into the game.

Coach Puckett and his staff did a great job this year. I know the final result doesn't feel good but long term he will have Butler competing. As a first time head coach, you live and you learn. Hopefully that's the case.

On a side note, Butler played really hard. At one point they were up 10-0 and looked like they might run away with that game, hats off to Badin for fighting back.
Old 11-05-18, 09:49 PM
All American

Badin-Butler

Badin defeats Butler, secures first playoff win since 2014

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...dmOIkGqHQqJ2N/
Old 11-06-18, 08:35 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I do think Butler was the better team and should have won but they didnít and hats off to Badin. They made big plays and definitely deserved the win. I do think Butler got out coached but that doesnít mean the coaches are bad. It happens. The turnovers were the story of the game. On a number of those the receivers didnít even make an attempt to battle for the ball. Another bad play was the TD that could have and should have been picked in the end zone but somehow it went threw the DBís hand and right into Starks. Tough loss no doubt and definitely winnable but it happens. Itís year one and most people thought this was a 4-5 win team. Could have probably won 8 to be honest but after what this team has been through they are still learning how to win. I get that you are Bush or someone close to him and he was a good coach but he quit so stop holding that against every new coach. Butler has a good coach and he will build on what was established this year.
Old 11-08-18, 09:26 AM
Varsity

Quote:
I do think Butler was the better team and should have won but they didnít and hats off to Badin. They made big plays and definitely deserved the win. I do think Butler got out coached but that doesnít mean the coaches are bad. It happens. The turnovers were the story of the game. On a number of those the receivers didnít even make an attempt to battle for the ball. Another bad play was the TD that could have and should have been picked in the end zone but somehow it went threw the DBís hand and right into Starks. Tough loss no doubt and definitely winnable but it happens. Itís year one and most people thought this was a 4-5 win team. Could have probably won 8 to be honest but after what this team has been through they are still learning how to win. I get that you are Bush or someone close to him and he was a good coach but he quit so stop holding that against every new coach. Butler has a good coach and he will build on what was established this year.
You are Hyatt or were someone close to him. Most parents know that. Either you or benchwarmer.

Your buddy was a terrible coach just admit it and move on.
Old 11-08-18, 08:51 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are Hyatt or were someone close to him. Most parents know that. Either you or benchwarmer.

Your buddy was a terrible coach just admit it and move on.
And you are a terrible poster. Stop talking about coaches so much. Go back to yelling at the clouds about the past and watching Judge Judy.
Old 11-09-18, 02:48 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
And you are a terrible poster. Stop talking about coaches so much. Go back to yelling at the clouds about the past and watching Judge Judy.
Maam, dont mean any disrespect but shut up and stick to things you know.