Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Coldwater by 15+ 52 89.66%
Coldwater by 8-14 1 1.72%
Coldwater by 1-7 1 1.72%
Deer Park by 1-7 2 3.45%
Deer Park by 8-14 2 3.45%
Deer Park by 15+ 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-18, 07:28 PM
All Region

4GX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
time for you to go.... like I said Lighten up......u got a lot of HATE in you....good luck with that!!
Not for you to say-- on either count-- i will be around, if I choose-- not up to you-- and it's not hate-- it's facts-- all four of those guys (Cunningham, Trump, Bolton, and Clinton) were Viet Nam War draft dodgers-- has nothing to do with hate, and everything to do with civic duty...
Old 10-28-18, 07:43 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GX View Post
Not for you to say-- on either count-- i will be around, if I choose-- not up to you-- and it's not hate-- it's facts-- all four of those guys (Cunningham, Trump, Bolton, and Clinton) were Viet Nam War draft dodgers-- has nothing to do with hate, and everything to do with civic duty...
talk about the game.... not your HATE for something that has nothing to do with the game between TWO HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS

so tell us about Deer Park, a little scouting report would be great
Old 10-28-18, 08:57 PM
All American

fbbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Some one else first brought up Cuntingham, not me-- I just said what I thought of the slug.
No one said anything political but you!! They just said he came from the school!let's just get back to high school football!
Old 10-28-18, 09:22 PM
All American

yappimember67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
talk about the game.... not your HATE for something that has nothing to do with the game between TWO HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS

I'll give you some scouting on Deer Park.

Very one dimensional. They essentially have no passing game. They've thrown the ball less than 80 times on the year.

They will basically put a bunch of guys in the backfield and try a variety of running plays. Once the defense stacks the middle, they'll fake a hand off and the QB will run around the end. And that's basically it. Every once in awhile they'll try a quick throw. It worked decently against many of the CHL teams. It won't work quite as well next weekend.
Old 10-28-18, 09:40 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yappimember67 View Post

Very one dimensional. They essentially have no passing game. They've thrown the ball less than 80 times on the year.

They will basically put a bunch of guys in the backfield and try a variety of running plays. Once the defense stacks the middle, they'll fake a hand off and the QB will run around the end. And that's basically it. Every once in awhile they'll try a quick throw. It worked decently against many of the CHL teams. It won't work quite as well next weekend.
Our run defense has been very bend but don't break and at times spotty. Our Qb, Jake Hemmelgarn, has around 2000 yards passing and completed nearly 70% of his passes. We have plenty of targets to throw to like Cole Frilling (6 Ft 5 170 LB Senior), Jacob Wenning (6 Ft 2 165 LB Senior), Noah Miller (6 Ft 3 205 lb Junior), Mitch Niekamp (5 Ft 9 170 LB Senior), Alex May (5 Ft 11 165 Lb Senior), Ben Wenning (6 FT 175 Lb Senior), Will Broering (6 Ft 2 170 Lb Junior), and others that can step up if need be. 2 capable backs in Mitch Niekamp and Ben Wenning that I mentioned earlier. Our offensive line has been inexperienced but they have largely held their own.
Old 10-28-18, 10:25 PM
Freshman

DeerParkLife is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cavman View Post
Not sure how well this link will work. It's a Google map type link of the stadium and surrounding areas. There is a park immediately to the West with parking all around. Good chance you'll find tailgaters there ready to share good food, drinks and conversation.

470 Butler St
https://goo.gl/maps/oEiPTM19zk32
Thank you, we will make the trip
Old 10-28-18, 10:28 PM
Freshman

False news

Quote:
McEntire, Rose, Athie, Hocker and Gentry did not come to Deer Park to play football.
Someone needs to do their homework!
Old 10-28-18, 10:38 PM
Freshman

No Hate please

Quote:

I am a female and have more knowledge than what you just posted
It's Option football running the ball is what they do
I am just thankful Coach Cal is here in Deer Park All that matters is that the players and the community are very happy. Win Lose or draw this is a great time and experience for Deer Park Football. I will be up there cheering our boys on and hope both teams escape the game injury free!
Old 10-28-18, 11:52 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerParkLife View Post
I am just thankful Coach Cal is here in Deer Park All that matters is that the players and the community are very happy. Win Lose or draw this is a great time and experience for Deer Park Football. I will be up there cheering our boys on and hope both teams escape the game injury free!
Now come on...

First off, females don't know football?

Second, what did I say that was incorrect? Option or not (they did not run a lot of option plays when I saw them play), they are pretty one-dimensional. And that's fine, it worked for them for much of the year. But I think it's fair to say that it's unlikely to work next weekend. I just believe they will be outmatched.

You make it sound like I'm I said something untrue or that I'm hating on Deer Park, which I'm not. Regardless of what happens next weekend, Deer Park had a great season.
Old 10-29-18, 12:09 AM
Freshman

Great Job

Quote:
Now come on...

First off, females don't know football?

Second, what did I say that was incorrect? Option or not (they did not run a lot of option plays when I saw them play), they are pretty one-dimensional. And that's fine, it worked for them for much of the year. But I think it's fair to say that it's unlikely to work next weekend. I just believe they will be outmatched.

You make it sound like I'm I said something untrue or that I'm hating on Deer Park, which I'm not. Regardless of what happens next weekend, Deer Park had a great season.
I am not offended first off. I know my X's and O's better than most men. Are my Wildcats over matched? Maybe Just the mere fact that we have made the best of what we have is good enough for us. I know most thought we would not win 3 games let alone 7. SOME even said we would only win one more game after we won 5. I was once told you can't believe everything you hear. Thank you for congratulations on good season {we are playing another game while most are done} WE ARE THE PARK!
Old 10-29-18, 12:09 AM
All American

Quote:
Someone needs to do their homework!
What I said is exactly correct.

Gentry did not play football (came from Purcell)
Damani McEntire did not play football (came from Oak Hills)
Mark Wise did not play football (came from Aiken)
Athie did not play football (came from Winton Woods)
Rose did not play football (came from Hughes)

Those players that transferred into Deer Park over the past few years were not football guys.

DeShaun McEntire and Joe Hocker both did play football and basketball. I'd bet they were there to join that future 29-0 basketball team though.
Old 10-29-18, 12:23 AM
Freshman

Quote:

Those players that transferred into Deer Park over the past few years were not football guys.

DeShaun McEntire and Joe Hocker both did play football and basketball. I'd bet they were there to join that future 29-0 basketball team though.
I won't argue. I will say just because a community becomes more diverse does not mean something illegal has taken place. Your statement indicated Gentry Jr. And several others were recruited in to play hoops and play football also. That is flat out false. Joe H has been here 3 years and only played basketball one year, McEntire is an flat out athlete and his sport is football. Betting can be hazardous.
Old 10-29-18, 12:25 AM
Freshman

Quote:

What exactly does this have to do with Deer Park's Football success and playoffs?
Old 10-29-18, 12:38 AM
All American

Quote:
I won't argue. I will say just because a community becomes more diverse does not mean something illegal has taken place. Your statement indicated Gentry Jr. And several others were recruited in to play hoops and play football also. That is flat out false. Joe H has been here 3 years and only played basketball one year, McEntire is an flat out athlete and his sport is football. Betting can be hazardous.
I never said anything illegal took place in any post on this thread. I never used the word recruited, I simply stated that they transferred from other schools, which is 100% true. Although it's weird that so many transfers decided to come to Deer Park, a school that's not exactly known for their athletics...

The only reason I brought it up is because you said that the young men that were on the basketball team were "football first", but also played basketball. I'm saying that can't be true because most of the basketball team is comprised of transfers that never even played football.

As you mentioned, McEntire and Hocker have played football and basketball. I have no way of knowing why they transferred to Deer Park, but I don't think it's outlandish to say that the basketball team is a major reason they transferred given much of Deer Park's team is made up of transfers.
Old 10-29-18, 02:42 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am not offended first off. I know my X's and O's better than most men. Are my Wildcats over matched? Maybe Just the mere fact that we have made the best of what we have is good enough for us. I know most thought we would not win 3 games let alone 7. SOME even said we would only win one more game after we won 5. I was once told you can't believe everything you hear. Thank you for congratulations on good season {we are playing another game while most are done} WE ARE THE PARK!
On behalf of many Troy Christian parents, thank you for winning your final game and allowing them to start basketball practice on time.

In all seriousness, it was interesting to hear from parents. Some were glad to miss this game while others wanted to play one more week. I asked my son what he would want if he knew going in he had no chance of winning, he said he would want to play and give it a shot.. The Park has had a good season accomplishing more than expected, good to see and best wishes for a safe and injury free game.
Old 10-29-18, 06:29 AM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Coldwater's losses have been against run first teams. Turnovers were also key in both games. If Deer Park can run the ball and move the chains they have a chance to put up some points. Coldwater will throw the football 70% or more of the time so you better have DB's that can cover big and fast receivers. The QB is very small and agile. He is tough to sack but you have to make him move in the pocket to reduce his accuracy. Don't let him out of the pocket though as he's a very good runner as well.

Create turnovers and control the line of scrimmage. Coldwater is small on the lines and can be pushed around. Run the ball, defend the pass. Play disciplined because Coldwater will take advantage of mistakes.

Good luck to both teams!
Old 10-29-18, 07:22 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Tailspin is a pretty solid place for a pregame beer.
Old 10-29-18, 07:30 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah, that dirtbag only went to Deer Park HS, after he got kicked out of Moeller-- and all that BEFORE he dodged the Viet Nam War draft (just like his idol, Big Fat Donny Trump-- and The Walrus, John Bolton-- who, despite working extra hard to avoid the Viet Nam Draft, has never seen a War nor a War-Mongering Speech that he didn't love)... never saw a guy call himself a Great American so much who did so little (in fact, absolutely NOTHING) to earn that sobriquet.
They did name the Reds ballpark after him, The Great American.
Old 10-29-18, 07:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

From a team they beat....

Heavy option team.
Athletic.
Run a handful of plays but run them to perfection.
Have a monster 6/6 TE/DE that is extremely good.
Old 10-29-18, 07:43 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Thank you, we will make the trip
I would suggest park at the park across the street and take a walk through the crown jewel of the town, Community Park.

Perfectly placed in the center of town each and every kid in the village limits can easily walk or ride their bikes to enjoy all of the amenities without adult supervision.

While strolling through this beautiful park take special note of the wood carvings of John Guagenti from On Track Carvings. You will find carvings made to honor the Navy, Army, Crayon eaters, Coast Guard, Air Force, legendary baseball coach Mr. Lou Brunswick, a train to represent the depot's heritage and last, but not least, Saint Francis (is that one back from restoration yet?)

If you are into wings then you have to hit up McSobers Saloon, craft drinks then you have the aforementioned Tailspin microbrewery founded by two former members of the Air Force.

Lets hope the rain stops as the forecast says on Thursday and somehow dries out a little bit.

Welcome to the Village of Coldwater, the town formally known as.....Buzzard's Glory.
Old 10-29-18, 10:06 AM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I see you got a new Yappi identity since basketball season. Same use of emojis tho.
Old 10-29-18, 10:11 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
Tailspin is a pretty solid place for a pregame beer.
am I correct that they do not serve food at Tailspin.....at least the dozen or so times I've been there, we just enjoyed the beer...
Old 10-29-18, 10:31 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
am I correct that they do not serve food at Tailspin.....at least the dozen or so times I've been there, we just enjoyed the beer...
No food at as of the last time I was there. Unique enough that I would recommend visitors to stop there though.

I'm a Columbus native that has started to spend a lot of time in Fort Loramie the last few years. When I'm in Loramie we will make the occasional trip to Coldwater for this place when Brucken's or Al's doesn't quite cut it.
Old 10-29-18, 10:44 AM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have had Southside deliver a pizza before! 😂
Old 10-29-18, 10:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
No food at as of the last time I was there. Unique enough that I would recommend visitors to stop there though.

I'm a Columbus native that has started to spend a lot of time in Fort Loramie the last few years. When I'm in Loramie we will make the occasional trip to Coldwater for this place when Brucken's or Al's doesn't quite cut it.
Had the chance to attend CC yet?
Old 10-29-18, 11:00 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
I see you got a new Yappi identity since basketball season. Same use of emojis tho.
That was my thought. Reminded me of the CHL Bball thread last year.
Old 10-29-18, 11:27 AM
All World

Quote:

have you ever Moellers in Marion? new place being built in New Bremen.......

try Willies or Buds in Minster....both have good pizza
Old 10-29-18, 12:10 PM
All Ohio

Michael Hirn is on a distinguished road
Should be a heck of a game with Coldwater coming off the emotion of the big win last Friday.

I'm more jealous of the guys broadcasting this game for our station than anything because the food in the Coldwater pressbox is Legen-------dary.
Old 10-29-18, 12:21 PM
All American

UnTouchableVoL33 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UnTouchableVoL33
The Draft Dodgers I love it great post 4GX!! lol
Old 10-29-18, 12:21 PM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
I have seen both Coldwater and DP. Deer Park is very athletic but they haven't seen anything like Coldwater. The Cavs are very well coached like Wyoming but are even better than the Cowboys. The CHL is really bad and doesn't prepare the small school teams in Cincinnati for playoff football. Deer Park should be proud of their season but it will end up somewhere around 48-6 IMO.