Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-16-18, 07:59 PM
Varsity

fridayfootball is on a distinguished road
Kind of hoping South Range loses this week and see who ends up with the 8th seed. Whoever it is won't have an enjoyable week 11.
Old 10-16-18, 08:21 PM
All World

wghfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
Gilmour's CJ Charleston after 7 games:

1540 yards rushing
30 TD's

Who else in this region is tearing em up this season?
Don't know his stats, but RB Ethan Wright from Manchester is a complete beast.
http://www.hudl.com/v/2AXBuA
Old 10-16-18, 08:33 PM
Varsity

fridayfootball is on a distinguished road
Mr. OHIO?
Old 10-16-18, 08:38 PM
All World

Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayfootball View Post
Kind of hoping South Range loses this week and see who ends up with the 8th seed. Whoever it is won't have an enjoyable week 11.
I'm kind of hoping South Range wins.

But I think St. Clairsville wins and causing a mad scramble for the 8th spot.
Old 10-16-18, 08:39 PM
All World

wghfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayfootball View Post
Mr. OHIO?
Like to know if anyone has his stats for thr year
Old 10-16-18, 09:25 PM
All American

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wghfan View Post
Don't know his stats, but RB Ethan Wright from Manchester is a complete beast.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2AXBuA

TOTAL STUD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-18, 10:44 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Any chance Manchester loses to cvca week 10?
Old 10-17-18, 08:07 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Any chance Manchester loses to cvca week 10?
Manchester found a way to lose to Northwest, so yeah, there's a chance. If that should happen, I have Manchester at 18.7061, so the possibility of a home game remains.
Old 10-17-18, 08:57 AM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Cvca will be playing for the playoffs I don’t know much about either team that’s why I asked
Old 10-17-18, 09:47 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Cvca will be playing for the playoffs I donít know much about either team thatís why I asked
No worries.
Old 10-18-18, 07:21 AM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
Manchester better be focusing on Loudonville. The Redbirds are looking to make the playoffs and this would be HUGE points for them.
Old 10-19-18, 09:06 PM
Freshman

iam46 is on a distinguished road
South Range misses a 30-yd FG at the end of regulation to win and an extra point in the 1st OT to win and ends up losing when St. Clairsville goes for two and gets it in the 2nd OT.

It's now safe to be the #1 seed in this region.
Old 10-19-18, 11:08 PM
All World

I heard...what a heart-breaking way to lose. The Raiders may have been one of the top 4 teams in the region, but their schedule bit them in the arse.
Old 10-19-18, 11:08 PM
All Yappi

Here's what I'm projecting after Friday night's results:
1. Manchester, 8-2, 22.4889 - They'd drop to 19.2111 with a loss to CVCA which isn't a bad place to be either.
2. Orrville, 8-2, 19.2500
3. Gilmour Academy, 10-0, 17.7005
4. LaBrae, 9-1, 17.3000
5. Wickliffe, 8-2. 15.3357
6. Sandy Valley, 9-1, 14.9500
7. Crestview, 5-4, 14.3333 - The Rebels could jump to 16.6169 by beating Linsly.
8. Tuslaw, 6-4, 14.2500
-----------------------------------------------
Everyone else needs Tuslaw or Sandy Valley to lose and possibly various other pieces of help, too.
9. Garfield, 6-4, 12.1000 - The G-Men need plenty of help.
10. Grand Valley, 8-2, 12.1000 - The Mustangs need plenty of help.
11. Beachwood, 6-4, 10.1157 - Even with a win over Orange, Beachwood would need either a Tuslaw or Sandy Valley loss.
12. Chippewa, 6-4, 9.7000 - The Chipps would need to beat Norwayne and have Tuslaw or Sandy Valley lose.

Even though some other teams are not officially eliminated yet, it's not looking good for them. For example, South Range is a Cleveland JFK loss to St. Clairsville away from being officially eliminated. If either any of Canton CC's defeated opponents lose, or if Northwest or Dalton win, Canton CC is officially eliminated.

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 10-20-18 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-19-18, 11:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
I heard...what a heart-breaking way to lose. The Raiders may have been one of the top 4 teams in the region, but their schedule bit them in the arse.
Dear South Range,

Welcome to the club.

Sincerely,
Canton CC

If you want to make the playoffs, you have to make winning plays. Sounds like SR didn't do that tonight, and CCC didn't do it at SR 3 weeks ago, nor did they do it at New Philadelphia 4 weeks ago.
Old 10-20-18, 02:51 AM
Junior Varsity

ThaXFactor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That sux! I'm a C-View fan, but I ALWAYS root for our cousins from South Range when they aren't playing C-View! Your schedule of playing mostly larger teams kept you out of the playoffs and our schedule of playing mostly larger teams may have cost us a decent chance because of injuries!
Old 10-20-18, 10:47 AM
Freshman

Yeah. South Range took control of the game with 6 minutes left up 27-19. But they gave up huge kickoff return. St. C was only able to run, so if they had to go 70 yards I don't think they score. StC scored with 2 minutes left and converted the 2-pointer (the guys on the YSN live stream thought he dropped the ball going to ground, but whatever). SR then got the ball back and got to the 13 for a 30 yard FG that was pushed just left. Then in the 1st OT StC botched the snap. SR scored and the kick was blocked, but from what I was told the kicker really took his sweet time. They used a different kicker for the EP in the 2OT. They outgained StC by 80 yards, but, as someone noted, just couldn't make the winning plays.

I don't have any doubt SR (and CCC, for that matter) are easily in at least the top 6 of the region. When you look at some of the teams they've played -- especially CCC, but SR too with Garfield and Louisville and even StC -- if I had to bet I'd say of the 8 hardest opponents for the entire region, they're all from SR and CCC's schedules.

The game SR probably really rues is the loss to Springfield. They're in with that game. And, again, they were right there. But they give up a wacky ticky play TD and then a 70 yard run and that's it. Winning plays.
Old 10-20-18, 01:33 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaXFactor View Post
That sux! I'm a C-View fan, but I ALWAYS root for our cousins from South Range when they aren't playing C-View! Your schedule of playing mostly larger teams kept you out of the playoffs and our schedule of playing mostly larger teams may have cost us a decent chance because of injuries!
Thanks ThaXFactor! Good luck to your Rebels in week 11. I will probably be there to root on the Rebels. I likewise root the Rebels when the Raiders aren't in the playoffs. Saw the Rebels lose to Kirtland there a couple times in the regional finals.

iam46, your exactly right. Just a big play here or there and this could have been a different season. That Springfield game was a tough one, but they sure learned a lot about themselves from that game.
Old 10-20-18, 05:47 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
This region is wacky. Manchester, Labrae, and Orrville are the top 3 contenders, even though Manchester smoked Orrville. I think Crestview can give a tight game to whoever has to host them. I also think there will be some high scoring affairs in the postseason
Old 10-20-18, 05:49 PM
All World

Quote:
Thanks ThaXFactor! Good luck to your Rebels in week 11. I will probably be there to root on the Rebels. I likewise root the Rebels when the Raiders aren't in the playoffs. Saw the Rebels lose to Kirtland there a couple times in the regional finals.

iam46, your exactly right. Just a big play here or there and this could have been a different season. That Springfield game was a tough one, but they sure learned a lot about themselves from that game.
No shame in your Raiders season this year. They lost so much talent from last year and were pretty darn impressive against a brutal schedule. I was really pulling for them to get in and shake things up but it wasnít to be. How much is returning for SR for next year? Going to be tough sledding in the NE8
Old 10-20-18, 11:19 PM
Junior Varsity

ThaXFactor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
This region is wacky. Manchester, Labrae, and Orrville are the top 3 contenders, even though Manchester smoked Orrville. I think Crestview can give a tight game to whoever has to host them. I also think there will be some high scoring affairs in the postseason
I agree all the way around with your post! This region is almost impossible to predict. A team will look like Sebring one week, and then look like world beaters the next! Manchester and Labrae seem to be the most consistent teams of the region from start to finish but as you said, it is wacky!
Old 10-21-18, 10:07 AM
Freshman

I'd proabbly pick LaBrae from this region. But their schedule has been awful, too.

The only thing of which I'm certain is that whoever wins this lottery is going to get absolutely smoked by Genoa Area or Anna.
Old 10-21-18, 10:15 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam46 View Post
I'd probably pick LaBrae from this region. But their schedule has been awful, too.

The only thing of which I'm certain is that whoever wins this lottery is going to get absolutely smoked by Genoa Area or Anna.
We'll see what happens. There are a few regional champion combos that could cause the semifinals to be re-bracketed to pit R17 (whoever wins) vs. R19 (Johnstown, Ridgewood, Bellaire, Meadowbrook, or Martins Ferry) and R18 (Anna, Miami East) vs. R20 (any of the SWO teams).
Old 10-21-18, 05:00 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
We'll see what happens. There are a few regional champion combos that could cause the semifinals to be re-bracketed to pit R17 (whoever wins) vs. R19 (Johnstown, Ridgewood, Bellaire, Meadowbrook, or Martins Ferry) and R18 (Anna, Miami East) vs. R20 (any of the SWO teams).
I’ll also say I’d pick the R17 champion over any non Johnstown R19 champion, with Johnstown being a toss-up. Regions 18 and 20 are the ones that are pretty loaded and likely where the state champion comes from
Old 10-22-18, 05:49 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Region 18 is loaded up. Region 20 is as well with Wheelersburg and Madison.
I could see Madison vs Anna in the State Semi final. That would be an incredible high school game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-18, 08:57 AM
All District

RedRider1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Here's what I'm projecting after Friday night's results:
1. Manchester, 8-2, 22.4889 - They'd drop to 19.2111 with a loss to CVCA which isn't a bad place to be either.
2. Orrville, 8-2, 19.2500
3. Gilmour Academy, 10-0, 17.7005
4. LaBrae, 9-1, 17.3000
5. Wickliffe, 8-2. 15.3357
6. Sandy Valley, 9-1, 14.9500
7. Crestview, 5-4, 14.3333 - The Rebels could jump to 16.6169 by beating Linsly.
8. Tuslaw, 6-4, 14.2500
-----------------------------------------------
Everyone else needs Tuslaw or Sandy Valley to lose and possibly various other pieces of help, too.
9. Garfield, 6-4, 12.1000 - The G-Men need plenty of help.
10. Grand Valley, 8-2, 12.1000 - The Mustangs need plenty of help.
11. Beachwood, 6-4, 10.1157 - Even with a win over Orange, Beachwood would need either a Tuslaw or Sandy Valley loss.
12. Chippewa, 6-4, 9.7000 - The Chipps would need to beat Norwayne and have Tuslaw or Sandy Valley lose.

Even though some other teams are not officially eliminated yet, it's not looking good for them. For example, South Range is a Cleveland JFK loss to St. Clairsville away from being officially eliminated. If either any of Canton CC's defeated opponents lose, or if Northwest or Dalton win, Canton CC is officially eliminated.
If Orr wins and Manchester loses, Riders would win the PAC and maybe the region.

I've got Orrville at 19.70 with a win over Triway and if Manchester loses they're at 19.62. Sharpsville only played 9 games so that should Manchester's 2nd level divisor 99 correct?

The above is taking into account the likely outcomes (favorites winning).

The big one to watch is Loudonville vs NW. Orrville gets 2nd level points either way but Manchester only get points if Loudonville wins. If that happens, and everything else is equal (favorites winning), Manchester could win take the region.

I'm sure the Panthers would prefer to beat CVCA. But the Royals are playing for their post season lives...so they'll be extra motivated.

If Orr wins and Manchester loses, Riders would win the PAC and maybe the region.
Old 10-22-18, 09:53 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider1 View Post

I've got Orrville at 19.70 with a win over Triway and if Manchester loses they're at 19.62. Sharpsville only played 9 games so that should Manchester's 2nd level divisor 99 correct?

The above is taking into account the likely outcomes (favorites winning).

The big one to watch is Loudonville vs NW. Orrville gets 2nd level points either way but Manchester only get points if Loudonville wins. If that happens, and everything else is equal (favorites winning), Manchester could win take the region.

I'm sure the Panthers would prefer to beat CVCA. But the Royals are playing for their post season lives...so they'll be extra motivated.

If all else goes the way I project, Orrville would move up to 19.70 with a Manchester loss (L2 win coming from Lexington, guaranteed pts. from Tuslaw-Fairless, and .4 from Northwest-Loudonville which would become .5 if Loudonville wins, plus Triway's L1 pts. and 2 L2 wins).

You are correct that Manchester's final L2 divisor is 99. For them, the only L2 wins I project are the Tuslaw-Fairless game and the Orrville-Triway game, so I have Manchester hitting their min. "lose out" number if they don't beat CVCA. I don't have Chippewa beating Norwayne, and I don't have Loudonville beating Northwest. If CVCA beats Manchester, you are correct that Orrville would win the PAC and get the #1 seed in the region with Manchester dropping to the #2 seed.

With both South Range and Canton CC effectively out of the mix, the #1 seed is pretty favorable. Tuslaw at the #8 seed could be a problem given it's a league opponent, but I really don't think they can beat either Manchester or Orrville in a rematch. However, familiarity not only breeds contempt, but it can also breed upsets. The #2 seed might not be so great if Crestview ends up in that 7th spot. If Crestview beats Linsly, I got Sandy Valley in the 7th spot. That might be a more preferred pairing for either Orrville or Manchester.
Old 10-22-18, 01:18 PM
All District

Cardinal Nation is on a distinguished road
Sandy Valley would love to get a shot at Manchester.
Old 10-26-18, 11:36 PM
All Yappi

Well, the 8 teams in have been determined. Some of the final seeds have not.

1. Orrville, 8-2, 19.80
2. Manchester, 7-3, 19.7162
3. LaBrae, 9-1, 17.35. Could move to 17.80 if Warren JFK wins. Regardless, the Vikings are hosting in round 1. The visitor could be Wickliffe, Sandy Valley, or Crestview.
4. Crestview, 6-3, 16.6169. Could move to 17.1341 if Warren JFK wins but can't pass Gilmour when the weekend is completed.
5. Gilmour Academy, 10-0, 15.8448. Warrensville Hts' win over Bedford does not appear to be included yet. Gilmour will pass Crestview and clinch a home game with those points. If Hawken and Trinity both win, Gilmour will pass LaBrae for the 3rd seed.
6. Sandy Valley, 9-1, 15.35. The Cardinals got an unexpected boost from Tusky Valley upsetting Garaway.
7. Wickliffe, 8-2, 15.2847. If Collinwood beats Lincoln West, Wickliffe will move to the 6th seed, and Sandy Valley will be the 7th seed.
8. Tuslaw, 6-4, 14.30. The Mustangs got it together the final 4 weeks and their reward is a 1st round rematch with Orrville. That's the only definite 1st round matchup right now.
Old 10-26-18, 11:48 PM
All World

Good luck to my friends at Crestview. Hope the Rebels represent the area well. Might just have to make a trip to Gilmour if they draw the Knights. It would be interesting to see a Saturday afternoon game for a change.