Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-05-18, 01:56 PM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
D5 Region 20: Madison Mohawks vs CHCA Eagles

A rematch of last year in week 12 when these two teams faced off at Lakota East. Madison won last year 35-27 despite trailing at the half. The Mohawks ran for almost 400 yards and limited the Eagles to less than 50 on the ground. Madison has pretty much everyone back and are considered a favorite by many to win the state championship. CHCA graduated almost everyone but runs pretty much the same stuff. They have been able to score a lot of points but not slow down a lot of opponents. Does anyone think CHCA can pull off the upset?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-18, 01:58 PM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
First tough test for the Mohawks, maybe all year. CHCA hasn't seen a team this physical since the last time they played Madison. The hawg is going....

Madison-28
CHCA-14
Old 11-05-18, 02:10 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
I think the Madison defensive line dominates the CHCA o-line and makes it a long night for the Eagles. Madison by 3 or 4 scores 28-7
Old 11-05-18, 03:10 PM
All Ohio

ohioredhawks is on a distinguished road
Way too much in the trenches on the Madison side.

Madison 35 CHCA 17
Old 11-05-18, 04:47 PM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
This should be an interesting game. In reality, CHCA played three solid teams this season, losing handily to two but did beat Trimble. Madison really only played two good teams themselves in Valley View and Franklin. I simply expect Madison to physically dominate this game on both sides of the football. Their defense hasn't surrendered more than 16 points all season. They've only allowed 15 points in the last 7 games with 5 shutouts. Regardless of competition, that's impressive. I'll say:

Madison 28
CHCA 7
Old 11-05-18, 05:51 PM
Freshman

Dark is on a distinguished road
Rematch of 2017 week 12. CHCA started out strong, but Madison finished stronger. The Mohawks are just too good this year, and I expect to see Wheelersburg v. Madison week 13 at Chillicothe HS.

Madison’s defense limited Portsmouth’s RB (approx. 2,500 rushing yards) to 38 yards last week. Wouldn’t be surprised if they limit CHCA to even less rushing yards. Also because the Eagles air out more than the Trojans.

Madison - 35
CHCA - 7
Old 11-05-18, 06:07 PM
Junior Varsity

SWPicker is on a distinguished road
Gonna be a long night for the CHCA O-Line

Madison 34
CHCA 0
Old 11-05-18, 06:34 PM
Junior Varsity

mohawk4ever is on a distinguished road
Madison defense has given up 45 points in 11 games.
Old 11-05-18, 07:25 PM
Varsity

ohiograppler1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawk4ever View Post
Madison defense has given up 45 points in 11 games.
They have. But the 16 he is talking about is the only points given up by the varsity defense. The rest were scored when Jv was in the game.
Old 11-05-18, 07:26 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Madison 38
CHCA 14
Old 11-05-18, 07:54 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Madison rolls...44-14
Old 11-06-18, 09:50 AM
All American

It's interesting how this thread is the exact opposite of last year's game. No one is giving CHCA a shot like most didn't give Madison a chance last year. I think most posters are right but how crazy would it be if the Eagles pulled off the "upset" similar to the Mohawks last year.

The thing about a young team like CHCA, if they can get a lead it can give them confidence and make them use the nobody believes in us mantra, however, if they get down early it can make them think everyone was right, we dont stand a chance and it can become a blow out.

I have seen each team play once this year. It was almost 10 weeks ago but I saw VV play a close game with Madison. Madison looked like the better team and seemed in control despite it being a close game. VV didn't finish with the type of season that I expected but they were still really good. I saw CHCA play for one half against IH (I didn't go back after the lightning delay) and the Braves ran all over the Eagles. CHCA was able to keep it close because of their offense but the D was really bad. It was 7-8 yards downfield before they were getting a hand on the RB. I know IH has a very good team and runs a totally different offense than Madison but I think that will be the difference in the game. CHCA's inability to stop the run. As good as Madison's defensive line is and as good as their offense is, I think CHCA has an equally good offense and skill positions. I think the difference is the lack of run stopping ability by Eagles up front.
Old 11-06-18, 12:56 PM
All District

tomjr608 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
It's interesting how this thread is the exact opposite of last year's game. No one is giving CHCA a shot like most didn't give Madison a chance last year. I think most posters are right but how crazy would it be if the Eagles pulled off the "upset" similar to the Mohawks last year.

The thing about a young team like CHCA, if they can get a lead it can give them confidence and make them use the nobody believes in us mantra, however, if they get down early it can make them think everyone was right, we dont stand a chance and it can become a blow out.

I have seen each team play once this year. It was almost 10 weeks ago but I saw VV play a close game with Madison. Madison looked like the better team and seemed in control despite it being a close game. VV didn't finish with the type of season that I expected but they were still really good. I saw CHCA play for one half against IH (I didn't go back after the lightning delay) and the Braves ran all over the Eagles. CHCA was able to keep it close because of their offense but the D was really bad. It was 7-8 yards downfield before they were getting a hand on the RB. I know IH has a very good team and runs a totally different offense than Madison but I think that will be the difference in the game. CHCA's inability to stop the run. As good as Madison's defensive line is and as good as their offense is, I think CHCA has an equally good offense and skill positions. I think the difference is the lack of run stopping ability by Eagles up front.
Great points! The thing bothersome about this game is the difference CHCA brings. Last year Oakwood and VV brought some passing into the game that hurt the Mohawks. CHCA proved they could do that last year as well. This year even though Madisons pass defense is prob not as good they have less time for the play to develop because the d-line is a year older and better and brings more pressure. So moral of the story could be if CHCA can find time they can make a game of it as their D appears to have not been able to stop about anybody.
Old 11-06-18, 03:17 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjr608 View Post
Great points! The thing bothersome about this game is the difference CHCA brings. Last year Oakwood and VV brought some passing into the game that hurt the Mohawks. CHCA proved they could do that last year as well. This year even though Madisons pass defense is prob not as good they have less time for the play to develop because the d-line is a year older and better and brings more pressure. So moral of the story could be if CHCA can find time they can make a game of it as their D appears to have not been able to stop about anybody.
Pass rush is part of pass defense and I would say that Madison has improved their pass defense greatly this year. Phelps and Svarda are both better defenders and no one has really been able to throw the ball on Madison this year. They have a shutdown defense and unless CHCA can get the ball off quickly and then make some plays in space, they will have a hard time putting points on the board.
Old 11-06-18, 04:01 PM
All American

https://www.cincinnati.com/videos/sp...source=dlvr.it

Each guy picks a different team
Old 11-06-18, 06:24 PM
All American

Fun2Bme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fun2Bme
Quote:

I believe the key last year was turnovers. Didn't CHCA turn the ball over on their first 2-3 possessions in the second half allowing Madison to take and hold the lead? CHCA to get the upset needs the same to happen to Madison. I think if all things are equal, Madison wins by 3 scores. Madison's style of offense will require CHCA to score on every possession if CHCA can't force turnovers. Unfortunately, in these big games, CHCA has made a habit of being the team who makes mistakes. Two years ago they were just as good as Coldwater but a shanked punt, getting a punt blocked, and having a bunch of drops put them in a 21-0 hole out of the gate. Last year, holding a lead, they turned the ball over on 2-3 straight possessions coming out of halftime.
Old 11-06-18, 09:45 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Madison's Noah Lehman

Madison's Noah Lehman: A football, a bow and a quest for championships

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...tzsrv20I4UUML/
Old 11-07-18, 11:27 AM
Freshman

Tigerkat is on a distinguished road
Read that..great article!
Old 11-07-18, 01:44 PM
All American

Great story. I love hearing about kids deciding they want to do something and then becoming excellent at it.
Old 11-07-18, 01:51 PM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
Madison 28

CHCA 0
Old 11-07-18, 02:02 PM
Freshman

Tigerkat is on a distinguished road
I can't help but feel y'all are crazy to think CHCA won't put up a point. Madison defense may be really good but are not better than Wyoming or Indian Hill and CHCA was able to score against them. I appreciate the love of a team but c'mon people ZERO points for CHCA..SMH
Old 11-07-18, 02:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerkat View Post
I can't help but feel y'all are crazy to think CHCA won't put up a point. Madison defense may be really good but are not better than Wyoming or Indian Hill and CHCA was able to score against them. I appreciate the love of a team but c'mon people ZERO points for CHCA..SMH
In fairness, Madison has shut out nearly everyone. They gave up 2 TDs to VV and I think one to Monroe. Other than that no one has scored on their varsity defense. Saying Wyoming or IH is better than Madison could be true but I could also say, Franklin is probably better than CHCA and they didn't score at all.

I do think it will be closer than some on here think and one thing to monitor, in two years this Madison team has never come from behind when down by more than one TD. It happened twice last year against Monroe and VV and they lost both games. Every other game they have always led or only trailed by one score for a short period of time. I think that says a lot about the Mohawks and how good they are but it also shows that they haven't faced a ton of adversity and had to overcome it. They are built to play with the lead. CHCA had to come back from down by multiple scores several times last week, on the road, two hours away from home, on the grass, with a ton of underclassmen playing, and they closed the game on a 21-0 run to win it.

All I am saying is if and that is a pretty big IF, CHCA can get up with a few big plays in the first half, the game could really change and we could get a chance to see how good the Mohawks really are.
Old 11-07-18, 04:04 PM
All Region

Quote:
I've not seen IH or Wyoming so I won't make claims that Madison is better than them, but I can speak about what I know and that is that Madison's front 4 is dominate and there are few teams in the smaller divisions that bring what their d-line brings. Those guys are all bigger and stronger and more experienced than last year. I think CHCA can score, I'm just not sure that they will. I don't think they will be able to run the ball. I don't think they will have time to throw the ball over the top. And I don't think they will be able to consistently move the ball and eat up clock. If they have guys that can make plays in space off of quick hitters, then I can see them scoring. If not, I can see another goose egg for the Madison D.
Old 11-07-18, 04:49 PM
All American

Madison isn't as good as Wyoming but I think they are at least 2 TDs better than Indian Hill. Madison thoroughly thumped a Reading team that Indian Hill was losing to in the 4th quarter.
Old 11-09-18, 12:10 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Madison-CHCA Preview

Unbeaten Madison on a dominating roll, but wary of CHCA

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...hyArURTRdrQJI/
Old 11-09-18, 10:41 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
Unbeaten Madison on a dominating roll, but wary of CHCA

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...hyArURTRdrQJI/
Good article. It is interesting that the fact that Madison is not even saying Wheelersburg's name is kind of acknowledging that they are thinking about them. I dont think they are going to look past CHCA but why treat the Burg differently? I get that they knocked them out of the playoffs last year and won state but what is the significance in not talking about them?

I definitely think it is the game that all D5 fans want to see because they seem to be the top 2 teams in the state.
Old 11-09-18, 01:26 PM
All American

Quote:
I definitely think it is the game that all D5 fans want to see because they seem to be the top 2 teams in the state.

The same seems to be true for Region 24 and possibly Region 20 though Stuebenville is very good.
Old 11-10-18, 08:18 PM
Varsity

ohiograppler1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well its 44 to 0 halftime so they are stopping them so far smh!!!!!
Old 11-10-18, 09:02 PM
All Region

Quote:
You still think we're crazy?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-18, 09:44 PM
Junior Varsity

SWPicker is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Guess we were all crazy since they put 6 on Madison. And that must also prove that Madison’s not better than Wyoming or IH because CHCA scored on them. Smh, Madison had 2-8 SWBL teams put up a better fight than the eagles did tonight. Both sides of the ball got hammered