Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-04-18, 09:34 AM
All Region

FreeFromGreen is on a distinguished road
Great gritty win for the CHCA Eagles last night. They came back from a 2 score deficit FOUR times and scored 21 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to pull out a barn burner against a really tough West Jeff squad.

This Eagles team returned only 3 starters from last years team and are relying on a boatload of sophomores. To win a game on the road against a perennial post-season program like West Jeff is a huge accomplishment!

The challenge this week is immense, but there is no pressure for the first time in a long time. Playing a state-championship favorite is a great opportunity, but anything from here on out is gravy.

Can't wait for Saturday!
Old 11-04-18, 09:36 AM
All District

borntopin is on a distinguished road
Looks like Anna was overrated again this year. They got punched in the mouth 42-35 last night. Wonder if it was the fields fault again lol?

Mohawks looked dominant last night and now only CHCA stands in their way of the epic rematch many anticipated. Mohawks 28 CHCA 20.
Old 11-04-18, 09:47 AM
All District

WJ-OSU-STEELERS is on a distinguished road
Anna was a MAC co-champion this year, there is no being overrated in doing that. Sometimes you just get beat, it’s as simple as that. I’ll give EC the same credit I did Madison last year in beating a MAC school in the playoffs - it’s a great accomplishment. FYI. Anna was 3rd or 4th in the MAC last year.
Old 11-04-18, 09:48 AM
Varsity

copperchair
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
This region ended up just as I expected. Wheelersburg and Madison won easily and CHCA and Greeneview won some close ones. With Anna getting knocked out, this regional final should determine the state champ.
Thoughts on Elyria Catholic? If Anna was the team you thought, wouldn’t they have to be pretty good?

Last edited by copperchair; 11-04-18 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-04-18, 10:11 AM
Junior Varsity

mohawk4ever is on a distinguished road
https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...s69UQi3ckPX0I/
Old 11-04-18, 10:44 AM
All District

borntopin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperchair View Post
Thoughts on Elyria Catholic? If Anna was the team you thought, wouldnít they have to be pretty good?
Ec is legit. They beat a D2 playoff team and a D3 playoff team this yr but they will have their hands full next week vs Genoa. Will not surprise me to see EC win this region though. I dont pretend to know how strong D5 is this yr compared to yrs past like tonka however. Hard to imagine a poster having statewide knowledge of how strong a whole division is compared to yrs past.
Old 11-04-18, 11:49 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Madison-Portsmouth

Defense dominant as Madison rocks Portsmouth in playoff opener

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...s69UQi3ckPX0I/
Old 11-05-18, 09:37 AM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
Not much chatter in this region.

Wheelersburg should roll past Greeneview. The Rams struggled with Madeira more than I thought they would so they stand no chance against the Burg. I think it will be a running clock in the second half. I am sticking with my 38-7 prediction.

Madison and CHCA have a rematch from last year's week 12 game and it is even at the same location. Madison won by 8 last year and returns just about everyone. CHCA graduated a lot and only returns 1 or 2 starters. I am not sure how anyone could pick the Eagles. Madison should win by about 20. Madison probably hasn't played a team this good since Valley View but that shouldn't be a problem. CHCA doesn't have much of a defense (giving up nearly 40 a game to playoff teams) and I dont think they will be able to score enough on the Mohawk D. I will stick with my original prediction here too 40-21 Madison.
Old 11-05-18, 09:41 AM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
I don't see CHCA putting up 21 on Madison's D. My prediction is Madison 42-10, unless the snow hits they are calling for and then I look for a similar score as the Portsmouth game and it will be around 28-6.
Old 11-05-18, 09:51 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
I don't see CHCA putting up 21 on Madison's D. My prediction is Madison 42-10, unless the snow hits they are calling for and then I look for a similar score as the Portsmouth game and it will be around 28-6.
Could be true but CHCA did put up the most points on Madison last year during the playoff run and they do still have some offensive weapons. Maybe they don't score but 1 TD but the Eagles have played some good defenses this year and still put up double digits in every game.

I didn't realize they were calling for snow this weekend. That could change things. I think the colder weather definitely benefits the Mohawks.
Old 11-05-18, 11:06 AM
Freshman

rbjb1993 is on a distinguished road
Madison is a great team no doubt. The weather is not going to help either team one way or the other. Last years game was in rain and freezing. This CHCA team is playing many young players or First year starters. The Skills positions on CHCA all around are very talented and they are going to give them everything they got. They have scored on Indian Hill and Wyoming and these two teams would most likely beat Madison.
Old 11-05-18, 11:49 AM
All Region

P(irate) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Not much chatter in this region.

Wheelersburg should roll past Greeneview. The Rams struggled with Madeira more than I thought they would so they stand no chance against the Burg. I think it will be a running clock in the second half. I am sticking with my 38-7 prediction.

Madison and CHCA have a rematch from last year's week 12 game and it is even at the same location. Madison won by 8 last year and returns just about everyone. CHCA graduated a lot and only returns 1 or 2 starters. I am not sure how anyone could pick the Eagles. Madison should win by about 20. Madison probably hasn't played a team this good since Valley View but that shouldn't be a problem. CHCA doesn't have much of a defense (giving up nearly 40 a game to playoff teams) and I dont think they will be able to score enough on the Mohawk D. I will stick with my original prediction here too 40-21 Madison.
If what we think will happen happens. This thread will get real lively.
Old 11-05-18, 02:39 PM
All Region

I don’t think Greenview stands a chance. Chillicothe for the 4th time in 2 years. That place is real familiar for these boys. No jitters. Just show up and do what they do. Greenview May score one late in the game. But Burg will jump out to an early lead and then accelerate the process.

Madison should handle CHCA this week. It may be a 14 point ball game. But never in doubt. Last week Madison was impressive on the defensive side of the ball. Hats off to that performance. Offensively they struggled a bit. Portsmouth by no means has a strong defense. They have been gashed all year.
Old 11-05-18, 03:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by P(irate) View Post
I donít think Greenview stands a chance. Chillicothe for the 4th time in 2 years. That place is real familiar for these boys. No jitters. Just show up and do what they do. Greenview May score one late in the game. But Burg will jump out to an early lead and then accelerate the process.

Madison should handle CHCA this week. It may be a 14 point ball game. But never in doubt. Last week Madison was impressive on the defensive side of the ball. Hats off to that performance. Offensively they struggled a bit. Portsmouth by no means has a strong defense. They have been gashed all year.
100% agree on the Wheelersburg prediction.

Madison playing against CHCA will prepare them for Wheelersburg in week 13. CHCA is similar to the Burg in style but doesn't have the horses up front that the Burg has. It will be a good tune up for the regional final. CHCA definitely has some players that could make it interesting if the Mohawks make a few mistakes though. I just dont think these seniors will allow that to happen.
Old 11-05-18, 06:07 PM
Freshman

Dark is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbjb1993 View Post
Madison is a great team no doubt. The weather is not going to help either team one way or the other. Last years game was in rain and freezing. This CHCA team is playing many young players or First year starters. The Skills positions on CHCA all around are very talented and they are going to give them everything they got. They have scored on Indian Hill and Wyoming and these two teams would most likely beat Madison.

I was at the game last year and I do recall it being 9į that night. But I canít remember there being rain. Iím almost 100% sure it didnít rain that night. Not that any of that matters, just saying. Aside, noting that CHCA has a lot of young players and first year starters is scary for the Eagles. Not saying young guys canít play well, but 6 of Madisonís 11 defensive starters are 3 years starters. Including Evans, Pelgen, Limon, Crim, Whiteman, and Svarda. Not including McMonigle who wouldíve started if he had attended Madison at that time in his career. Gonna be a long night for the Eagles.

Madison - 35
CHCA - 7
Old 11-06-18, 01:58 PM
Freshman

Tigerkat is on a distinguished road
If I'm not mistaken Madison was considered "young & inexperienced" last year, no? First time playoff team? They made a lot of noise in a short period of time no doubt. Despite CHCA having a long history of playoff experience (not that its seemed to help a lot) has to account for something. CHCA for the most part has never gotten much respect (either b/c of being private, entitled, etc), so the fact it continues doesn't shock me. This "young" team has done a lot of things I didn't think were possible for them, they continue to surprise. I personally would like to see this team defy all odds and for once exceed expectations! As for last year, had the Eagles stopped trying to run and just pass I think we would've seen a different outcome. Leading at halftime and coming out with a double reverse that gets fumbled then a forward pass gets ruled a fumble and quick 3 and out yields 3 scores before anyone knew what hit them. Yet were still able to make a game out of it. I guess we will see if this team (players and coaches) learn from their previous mistakes. I look forward to coming back to this thread after Saturday and see what gets said should CHCA buck the trend. For once the pressure is on the other side of the field as no one has given us a chance this year. Can't wait til Saturday. Let's go Eagles... my prediction 35-27 with the Eagles on the good side this time.
Old 11-06-18, 03:10 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerkat View Post
If I'm not mistaken Madison was considered "young & inexperienced" last year, no? First time playoff team? They made a lot of noise in a short period of time no doubt. Despite CHCA having a long history of playoff experience (not that its seemed to help a lot) has to account for something. CHCA for the most part has never gotten much respect (either b/c of being private, entitled, etc), so the fact it continues doesn't shock me. This "young" team has done a lot of things I didn't think were possible for them, they continue to surprise. I personally would like to see this team defy all odds and for once exceed expectations! As for last year, had the Eagles stopped trying to run and just pass I think we would've seen a different outcome. Leading at halftime and coming out with a double reverse that gets fumbled then a forward pass gets ruled a fumble and quick 3 and out yields 3 scores before anyone knew what hit them. Yet were still able to make a game out of it. I guess we will see if this team (players and coaches) learn from their previous mistakes. I look forward to coming back to this thread after Saturday and see what gets said should CHCA buck the trend. For once the pressure is on the other side of the field as no one has given us a chance this year. Can't wait til Saturday. Let's go Eagles... my prediction 35-27 with the Eagles on the good side this time.
You make some good points, but I think Madison is simply better than CHCA this year. They caught some breaks last year and won, no doubt. Madison has barely given up 35 points in 11 games. I will be shocked if CHCA scores 35 points or anywhere close to that in this game.
Old 11-08-18, 10:16 AM
Junior Varsity

SWPicker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The thing about a football game is that aspects like young and inexperienced, first-time playoff appearance, playoff-experienced, private and entitled (which I've never heard someone call CHCA)(your thoughts not ours I guess) are all left off the field. Simply the better team won last year. I don't think CHCA would have put a running clock on WJ last year by the second half and I also don't think they would have played a tight game with Burg either. Not that the Eagles can't upset this Madison team, just don't see them being better than them on Saturday.
Old 11-09-18, 12:08 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Madison-CHCA Preview

Unbeaten Madison on a dominating roll, but wary of CHCA

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...hyArURTRdrQJI/
Old 11-09-18, 02:12 PM
Freshman

Jack Sparrow is on a distinguished road
Calpreps has Madison 35-21. Pasteur has Madison by 13. I’d say that’s about right. J(olly) is right. If this stays the way it should, things will be heating up.
Some said it world be a good tuneup for week 13, and I think both games will do that. The front four for burg d is starting to dominate, and playing 5-6 kids there.
Old 11-09-18, 07:49 PM
Freshman

Just saw Jameis Winston and Mike Evans gave Madison a shout-out! Their offense coordinator posted it on Twitter.

Link: www.Twitter.com/YSURickyDavis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-18, 03:04 PM
Freshman

Jack Sparrow is on a distinguished road
#GAMEDAY fellas
Old 11-10-18, 03:18 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
#GAMEDAY fellas

Letís go!

Old 11-10-18, 08:17 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Let's go Eagles... my prediction 35-27 with the Eagles on the good side this time.

Madison up 44-0 at half..

Old 11-10-18, 09:55 PM
All Region

Well. Here we are.
Old 11-10-18, 10:06 PM
Varsity

ohiograppler1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well. Here we are.
e

Should be a great game
Old 11-10-18, 10:17 PM
All Region

I think it will be a good game. These pirates won’t quit until that clock hits 0. I’m of course going to take Burg by 3. 17-14.
Old 11-10-18, 10:22 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
I think it will be a good game. These pirates wonít quit until that clock hits 0. Iím of course going to take Burg by 3. 17-14.

Same for the Mohawks and Iíll take em over Burg 20-7. Thoughts on location? Hearing that it wonít be at Chillicothe and theyíre taking it up to Hilliard
Old 11-10-18, 10:25 PM
All American

We got the matchup we wanted. It’ll be a good one. I’m glad neither team looked past their opponents and took care of business. I’m also glad Indian Hill and Wyoming we’re playing at Lakota West so I could leave the Madison game in the second quarter when they got up by 30. That was a classic.
Old 11-10-18, 10:25 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPicker View Post
Same for the Mohawks and Iíll take em over Burg 20-7. Thoughts on location? Hearing that it wonít be at Chillicothe and theyíre taking it up to Hilliard
Would love to see it in Chillicothe again. But I do think a bigger venue would be better. This should have the biggest crowd of the weekend.