Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-08-18, 12:43 PM
All American

Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage450 View Post
Game atmosphere is also a big deal.

Ridgewood always has great atmosphere with the music and the crowd. You go to some places and the crowd barely cheers, there is no music and it seems like it's too much effort to even make the field look nice.
It's ok, probably 2nd or 3rd in the conference behind IV and East Canton... good but not amazing.
Old 11-08-18, 12:48 PM
Junior Varsity

InLancWeTrust is on a distinguished road
No one's stadium will compare to the new complex being erected in Gnadenhutten... Sorry Ridgewood and Garaway...
Old 11-08-18, 01:19 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Tough to argue the atmosphere - IV is definitely unique and gives them a homefield edge

for Ridgewood being D5 they hoop and holler and definitely have a unique atmosphere as well. Gotta hand it to Wallick in Garaway - they have changed things there over the last 10-20 immensely.

EC fans tend to be kinda quiet...so atmosphere is challenged however the water tower looming over the field is unique and I like that too. and they have changed things greatly

Sandy Valley has made leaps and bounds in last 20 years with upgrades.
Would love to see Tusky Valley get a turf to brighten up their stadium which seems dark because of the trees lining the southwest corner and back of far endzone and the grass fields tend to make things dark. But I did see they have an initiative for a new school and upgrades to some other things.

Here is a question, when will Claymont make some improvements, they have a nice track and good bones to facility and a newer school...across town, but really no vibe unless you are going to their awesome swim park next door.

As far as atmosphere - the old saturday noon games in Malvern were fun back in the day. and also back in the day there was nothing like watching a sat game in Conotton Valley looking over the rolling hillside.

any fan of a school will say how their atmosphere during games is the best - which is why I like high school football especially the smaller school leagues in my surrounding area and yes I have visited many of these stadiums to see games.
Old 11-08-18, 11:43 PM
All District

Cardinal Nation is on a distinguished road
I think the biggest home field advantage goes to TCC. Saturday games f with the routine.

And the only school in the league with a real stadium is Claymont. Everyone else has a field.
Old 11-09-18, 04:44 AM
All Ohio

doverbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Game atmosphere is also a big deal.

Ridgewood always has great atmosphere with the music and the crowd. You go to some places and the crowd barely cheers, there is no music and it seems like it's too much effort to even make the field look nice.
This is really funny after your comments on another thread.
Old 11-09-18, 02:11 PM
Varsity

mingua is on a distinguished road
Ran into a board member at the Dollar General in Cadiz this morning.

Harrison Central has rejected an offer to join the IVC, and will remain in the Buckeye 8.
Old 11-11-18, 01:58 PM
All District

hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's actually what the league and SV did though. If SV was on the side they should be on they'd have been a 4th place team and a team that could've competed in the playoffs would've gotten in and East Canton (an actual small school) would have won the small school division.
After the scores posted this weekend it looks as if this post hasnít aged very well.
Old 11-11-18, 02:28 PM
All District

fan18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerman37 View Post
After the scores posted this weekend it looks as if this post hasnít aged very well.
I noticed SV didn't have a score this weekend.... Just sayin...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-18, 04:14 PM
Varsity

luvhsfb is on a distinguished road
Congratulations to all the Ivc teams that made the playoffs,im sure you made your communities proud.Again Congratulations!
Old 11-11-18, 08:34 PM
All District

Damage450 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doverbuck View Post
This is really funny after your comments on another thread.
Please enlighten?
Old 11-11-18, 08:36 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerman37 View Post
In what way? SV proved they weren't a really good team in the playoffs. They just were the benefactors of beating up small schools. Put them in the South and they lose three games and don't make the playoffs.
Old 11-11-18, 08:38 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingua View Post
Ran into a board member at the Dollar General in Cadiz this morning.

Harrison Central has rejected an offer to join the IVC, and will remain in the Buckeye 8.
No loss there.
Old 11-12-18, 08:24 AM
Varsity

luvhsfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
In what way? SV proved they weren't a really good team in the playoffs. They just were the benefactors of beating up small schools. Put them in the South and they lose three games and don't make the playoffs.
Quote:
That's actually what the league and SV did though. If SV was on the side they should be on they'd have been a 4th place team and a team that could've competed in the playoffs would've gotten in and East Canton (an actual small school) would have won the small school division.
????
Old 11-12-18, 09:24 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
Tough to argue the atmosphere - IV is definitely unique and gives them a homefield edge

for Ridgewood being D5 they hoop and holler and definitely have a unique atmosphere as well. Gotta hand it to Wallick in Garaway - they have changed things there over the last 10-20 immensely.

EC fans tend to be kinda quiet...so atmosphere is challenged however the water tower looming over the field is unique and I like that too. and they have changed things greatly

Sandy Valley has made leaps and bounds in last 20 years with upgrades.
Would love to see Tusky Valley get a turf to brighten up their stadium which seems dark because of the trees lining the southwest corner and back of far endzone and the grass fields tend to make things dark. But I did see they have an initiative for a new school and upgrades to some other things.

Here is a question, when will Claymont make some improvements, they have a nice track and good bones to facility and a newer school...across town, but really no vibe unless you are going to their awesome swim park next door.

As far as atmosphere - the old saturday noon games in Malvern were fun back in the day. and also back in the day there was nothing like watching a sat game in Conotton Valley looking over the rolling hillside.

any fan of a school will say how their atmosphere during games is the best - which is why I like high school football especially the smaller school leagues in my surrounding area and yes I have visited many of these stadiums to see games.
The Ridgewood fans were the most into the game which was nice. Also the PA system was really good there and the music definitely helped keep the crowd involved.

Garaway's new field is beautiful and they have a supportive community as well so those games are fun.

Sandy Valley... listen I can dump on Sandy Valley for playing in the North but I was super impressed with their game atmosphere. From the tailgating to the people at the ticket window to the concession stand. It was all first class.

East Canton's field is nice but I agree it was really, really quiet there. The scoreboard was awesome.

Tusky Valley had zero atmosphere. Probably because they had zero fans at the game. I don't really remember it being dark. I just remember their toilets didn't work.

Kelly Field is definitely unique but I'm glad the IV levy passed. It's definitely time for a new field.

Claymont's stadium is actually kind of nice. You would think they could have one of the nicer stadiums if it was a little better maintained.
Old 11-13-18, 12:32 AM
Varsity

mingua is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No loss there.

Actually, may be bigger than you think.

Re-organization of the league in 2020 is in part based on several conditions:

1. Sandy Valley going to where they belong, and Necomerstown to where they belong in big and small leagues.

2. Conotton Valley joining the small in football (finally) is on the condition of another team joining the big league to balance it out. (Still no word on whether they will do away with stupid crossover games).

If they can't get Harrison, which was supposedly their first love, will they go for Cambridge???? Given that schedules are made up far in advance, I would think that the geniuses who run this league probably want to act soon.
Old 11-13-18, 06:43 AM
All District

Hobgoblin
Mingua,

I heard St Thomas Aquinas would be next man up in the BIG Division...

Hobbs
Old 11-13-18, 09:27 AM
Freshman

BarberShiv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
Mingua,

I heard St Thomas Aquinas would be next man up in the BIG Division...

Hobbs
I don't see this happening either. STA has soccer and other sports that the IVC just doesn't have at other schools. Its bigger then just football. Cambridge would be a good fit for the south. Truth be told SV doesn't want in the South, so people can talk realignment all they want. It's not going to happen. Maybe the addition of schools if other schools leave or they just keep building the league.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-18, 10:00 AM
Varsity

Circle K is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=BarberShiv;7182616]Truth be told SV doesn't want in the South, so people can talk realignment all they want. It's not going to happen.

Ok Ok
Old 11-13-18, 10:09 AM
Freshman

[QUOTE=Circle K;7182667]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberShiv View Post
Truth be told SV doesn't want in the South, so people can talk realignment all they want. It's not going to happen.

Ok Ok
WOOD tried to schedule SV week 1, SV declined. Hmmmm what's that tell you.

Old 11-13-18, 11:16 AM
Varsity

[QUOTE=BarberShiv;7182673]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle K View Post
WOOD tried to schedule SV week 1, SV declined. Hmmmm what's that tell you.

I was rolling my eyes to your comment that realignment is not happening. Yes I know SV wants no part of the south and that Ridgewood has been trying to schedule them week 1 since the IVC split with SV declining each time.
Old 11-13-18, 11:17 AM
Varsity

Realignment IS happening even if SV doesn't like it.
Old 11-13-18, 11:52 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Realignment IS happening even if SV doesn't like it.
I say if you going to do big school small school, then go all out get quality big schools and quality small schools, not saying this isnt how it is now. Go out and get the big schools that want to play top competition week in week out. Same for small! Too bad Harrison Central didnt join. Adding Cambridge or picking up Coshocton would have made the big really solid.

Old 11-13-18, 11:59 AM
All District

hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
Here we go again. Everyone’s afraid of Wood. Lol.
Old 11-13-18, 12:19 PM
Varsity

Quote:
I say if you going to do big school small school, then go all out get quality big schools and quality small schools, not saying this isnt how it is now. Go out and get the big schools that want to play top competition week in week out. Same for small! Too bad Harrison Central didnt join. Adding Cambridge or picking up Coshocton would have made the big really solid.

back to back 2-8 seasons with no promise of it getting any better down in Coshocton wouldn't exactly make the big really solid. Once that state semi class left Coshocton it's been all down hill with no signs of life. Although I did hear that Ridgewood's OC might be interested in trying to take the reigns at Coshocton should their current coach not return? Any truth to this?
Old 11-13-18, 01:17 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
back to back 2-8 seasons with no promise of it getting any better down in Coshocton wouldn't exactly make the big really solid. Once that state semi class left Coshocton it's been all down hill with no signs of life. Although I did hear that Ridgewood's OC might be interested in trying to take the reigns at Coshocton should their current coach not return? Any truth to this?
The Coshocton ship has sailed anyway. They'll be entering the MVL soon enough, and IIRC, the MVL demanded a 10-year commitment that would cost the new members "x" number of dollars for each year that they fall short of fulfilling that commitment should they decide to leave before that 10 years is up.
Old 11-13-18, 01:24 PM
All District

BobcatQB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
The Coshocton ship has sailed anyway. They'll be entering the MVL soon enough, and IIRC, the MVL demanded a 10-year commitment that would cost the new members "x" number of dollars for each year that they fall short of fulfilling that commitment should they decide to leave before that 10 years is up.
I read that "exit fee" was $20,000...didn't say anything about a per year amount. Needless to say, the Coshocton ship has definitely sailed. I'm sure there has been talk over the years about them joining IVC but it seems like it definitely should have happened when IVC expanded a few years ago. Cosh seems like a natural fit.
Old 11-13-18, 02:34 PM
Varsity

lon is on a distinguished road
Brbershiv do you think our man (Cabot) will leave the Wood? If he does I will be sick!
Old 11-13-18, 03:20 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lon View Post
Brbershiv do you think our man (Cabot) will leave the Wood? If he does I will be sick!
I havent heard anything about that. I know this though, Mr. Cabot went to school at Ridgewood and is currently a teacher there. Now would I love to see him as the head coach at Coshocton, because he could get the kids interested, he is definitely a fun guy and has a way to reach kids. I mean we all want more out of life, if he makes the move best of luck to him. If he stays at the wood he will still be successful either way.

Old 11-13-18, 03:22 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobcatQB View Post
I read that "exit fee" was $20,000...didn't say anything about a per year amount. Needless to say, the Coshocton ship has definitely sailed. I'm sure there has been talk over the years about them joining IVC but it seems like it definitely should have happened when IVC expanded a few years ago. Cosh seems like a natural fit.
It's worth paying the 20,000 to leave already lol. MVL isnt a good fit for Coshocton.

Old 11-13-18, 03:54 PM
All District

BobcatQB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's worth paying the 20,000 to leave already lol. MVL isnt a good fit for Coshocton.

I agree. Small Division includes: West Muskingum, Crooksville, New Lexington, Meadowbrook & Morgan...yuck. Can't believe they are looking forward to that New Lex/Morgan/Crooksville drive all the time either.