Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-07-18, 07:21 PM
All Region

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
2019 GWOC Projections

Since the Elks are out of playoffs, is it too early to start talking about next year? The new GWOC should be a powerhouse conference loaded with playoff teams. Here are the "way too early" projections. I think Springboro will be the best overall team, but the Elks will win the East with big graduation losses for Fairmont, Wayne, and Springfield. Northmont and Miamisburg lose a lot in the West.

EAST
1. Centerville
2. Wayne
3. Springfield
4. Fairmont
5. Beavercreek

WEST
1. Springboro
2. Northmont
3. Trotwood
4. Miamisburg
5. Lebanon
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-18, 07:50 PM
All Region

HSFB is on a distinguished road
What is going to happen (if anything) after Lebanon leaves for the ECC ? It sounds like this is going to be done.
Old 11-07-18, 08:59 PM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Since the Elks are out of playoffs, is it too early to start talking about next year? The new GWOC should be a powerhouse conference loaded with playoff teams. Here are the "way too early" projections. I think Springboro will be the best overall team, but the Elks will win the East with big graduation losses for Fairmont, Wayne, and Springfield. Northmont and Miamisburg lose a lot in the West.

EAST
1. Centerville
2. Wayne
3. Springfield
4. Fairmont
5. Beavercreek

WEST
1. Springboro
2. Northmont
3. Trotwood
4. Miamisburg
5. Lebanon
Springfield should be pretty good next year. They will have a true qb both runningbacks 3 of the 4 receivers. Will have to replace Douglas, Brown-Stephens, Gibson and Moss but def wont be hurting for talent. The group of juniors went undefeated as a class until this season
Old 11-08-18, 09:10 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
What makes Boro above Northmont. I know Fairmont is losing eveybody but their MLB and couple of defensive linemen.
Old 11-08-18, 09:21 AM
All District

JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

EAST
1. Centerville
2. Wayne
3. Springfield
4. Fairmont
5. Beavercreek

WEST
1. Springboro
2. Northmont
3. Trotwood
4. Miamisburg
5. Lebanon

From 2-8 to 1st huh? Centerville fans are the most delusional in the state
Old 11-08-18, 10:03 AM
All District

THE FLOCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol. Centerville goes 2-8 with one of the wins coming against one of the worst teams in D1 in Beavercreek and they think that in 2019 they'll be the at the top of the GWOC. I guess they think little Chasey is gonna turn into Brett Favre in the offseason
Old 11-08-18, 01:27 PM
Junior Varsity

Pawpaw53 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLOCK View Post
Lol. Centerville goes 2-8 with one of the wins coming against one of the worst teams in D1 in Beavercreek and they think that in 2019 they'll be the at the top of the GWOC. I guess they think little Chasey is gonna turn into Brett Favre in the offseason
Not so fast. Not a elks fan by no means. But this elk team reminds me of northmont a few years ago. They have be better all those young guys playing. I could see them 7 and 3 easy. And better next year. As for Springboro. I kinda get it. But to say they be the best in gwoc not sure I buy that. Orthmont wont be as good they lose some studs. See them slipping a bit. But they have speed and size in underclassmen. And of course Wayne will be back. I think be more even top to bottom year next year at least more so than this year
Old 11-08-18, 06:52 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy5 View Post
From 2-8 to 1st huh? Centerville fans are the most delusional in the state
I donít think flipping 5 games is that unreasonable with what the Elks have coming back and with the big losses to the top 5 teams this year (Northmont, Fairmont, Wayne, Springfield, and Miamisburg)
Old 11-08-18, 07:38 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Who is Wayne losing?

McKee... yes, but Wayne is STACKED at the QB position.
Victoria? OK, but Wayne's 2nd best receiver did not hit the field this year do to injury in Mullins...

They do lose some on the OL but they return a ton compared to what they returned for this season including one of the top backs in the league in Nelson.
Old 11-08-18, 08:10 PM
All Region

Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
I don't think that the OP is really out for GWOC projections, only to try to prop up the lowly Centerville football program. Never underestimate the ability of Centerville fans to overrate their football team, even in a 2-8 season.
Old 11-08-18, 09:23 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post
I don't think that the OP is really out for GWOC projections, only to try to prop up the lowly Centerville football program. Never underestimate the ability of Centerville fans to overrate their football team, even in a 2-8 season.
Elks won the GWOC in 2014 & 2017. We will be back on top soon
Old 11-08-18, 09:39 PM
All Region

Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Elks won the GWOC in 2014 & 2017. We will be back on top soon
How did you do in the playoffs those years? Not much is the answer, therefore proving my point...
Old 11-09-18, 08:04 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post
How did you do in the playoffs those years? Not much is the answer, therefore proving my point...
Not as good as Wayne for sure. Elks will need to get beyond 2nd round and make it to the Region Finals to elevate the program. Based on what I see coming, the next 2-3 years will be our best chance in a decade.