Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-07-18, 02:57 PM
All Ohio

brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
Go read post #19 of this thread stupid. I cut and pasted it right from the guys post. Maybe you can ask him. Look at the first word of my post it says "APPARENTLY".. You are truly out of material on Massillon. This is all you got. Of course I know you will be all lathered up if Massillon loses in the playoffs and you and Man2Balls will go into the files to get all the paper Tiger jokes out.
Correct, and to put my post in context you’d need to include that I was noting the cities/areas from which players on the football team in the eighties (1986-89 in this case), including me, lived. The point was all students at Hoban, including but not limited to football players, have always come from a multitude of areas....nothing new today.
Old 11-07-18, 04:11 PM
All District

Copley King is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣......I love it, I love it.....
Old 11-07-18, 04:15 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Finally someone with my kind of sense of humor!!!!!
Old 11-07-18, 04:20 PM
All District

Bravo, Irish.....😂😂🤣🤣🕺👍👍
Old 11-07-18, 04:41 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copley King View Post
Bravo, Irish.....😂😂🤣🤣🕺👍👍
Thank you! Thank you! And remember to tip your waitresses on your way out...
Old 11-08-18, 12:33 AM
All Region

JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECfb View Post
It is called right up the butthole
Never knew it was in Massillon.
Old 11-08-18, 01:00 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE OWNER View Post
The part that is dirty is the big boosters paying the tuition for these stud players to attend Hoban.
Well you're the expert, seeing as you're the money man behind Massillon. Your post is what psychologists would refer to as 'projection'.

Go Knights!
Old 11-08-18, 05:01 PM
All Yappi

Worm02 is on a distinguished road
Hoban is loaded, but Garfield Heights is much better than people give them credit for. The better programs on their schedule (Brecksville-Broadview Heights & Bedford) were down this year, so from the outside looking in, it's hard to get a good read on them. The Harding game was pretty even early on, but Garfield created extra opportunities for themselves on special teams and eventually stole the momentum. Minnesota commit Donald WIllis is an absolute beast at linebacker and his teammates follow his lead very well.

Again, you can't say enough about the way that Hoban has positioned themselves for success. People often forget that not too long ago, they were a pretty solid program, but not as dominant as they are now. When a team gets that good, it's easy to forget that there was a process that they had to go through to eventually emerge into what they are now. People often bring up the whole "public-private" school stuff, but there's reasons why things are the way that they are, especially in large cities. Hoban is the heavy favorite, but Garfield Heights deserves the oppotunity to show them what they've got.

Best of luck to both teams!
Old 11-08-18, 09:08 PM
All Region

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Well said^^^^^^
Old 11-09-18, 06:37 AM
All District

Go Knights....Hobans linebackers should have standout games tonight....
Old 11-09-18, 04:48 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm02 View Post
Hoban is loaded, but Garfield Heights is much better than people give them credit for. The better programs on their schedule (Brecksville-Broadview Heights & Bedford) were down this year, so from the outside looking in, it's hard to get a good read on them. The Harding game was pretty even early on, but Garfield created extra opportunities for themselves on special teams and eventually stole the momentum. Minnesota commit Donald WIllis is an absolute beast at linebacker and his teammates follow his lead very well.

Again, you can't say enough about the way that Hoban has positioned themselves for success. People often forget that not too long ago, they were a pretty solid program, but not as dominant as they are now. When a team gets that good, it's easy to forget that there was a process that they had to go through to eventually emerge into what they are now. People often bring up the whole "public-private" school stuff, but there's reasons why things are the way that they are, especially in large cities. Hoban is the heavy favorite, but Garfield Heights deserves the oppotunity to show them what they've got.

Best of luck to both teams!
Astute observation as always, Worm2! I think they could possibly hang around, then it could get exciting.
Old 11-09-18, 05:24 PM
All Ohio

JimmyOhio75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hoban would give some DII and DIII colleges a run for their money.

Hoban- 45
G. Hts- 6
Old 11-09-18, 07:42 PM
Junior Varsity

djcoach is on a distinguished road
hmm 7-0 end of 1st quarter Garfield Heights is up. They scored more than most people thought on this thread...
Old 11-09-18, 08:20 PM
All District

I can admit when I'm wrong.....The D is legit....
Old 11-09-18, 08:38 PM
All Ohio

Trayanum is ballin’. 3 TD’s for Hoban. 21-7 Hoban early in the 3rd.
Old 11-09-18, 08:52 PM
All Ohio

Trayanum with his 4th TD! 28-7 Hoban. Middle 3rd.
Old 11-09-18, 09:33 PM
All Ohio

41-7. Hoban. Final.
Old 11-09-18, 10:50 PM
All District

Damn I'm good, almost nailed it 41-7....
Old 11-09-18, 10:53 PM
All Ohio

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I can admit when I'm wrong.....The D is legit....
They were, but you could see the effects of Hoban's power run game leaning on them starting to take effect about midway through the 2nd qtr. Props to Garfield, they came out out and hit Hoban early, tough weather night looked to be to their friend, but the Hoban run game, even with 9 in the box for Garfield, just took over. By midway through the 3rd, Garfield's front 7 was getting blown 10 yds off the ball.
Old 11-09-18, 11:45 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOhio75 View Post
Hoban would give some DII and DIII colleges a run for their money.

Hoban- 45
G. Hts- 6
No they wouldn’t.
Old 11-10-18, 10:44 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby77 View Post
no they wouldn’t.
k.
Old 11-10-18, 11:21 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Damn I'm good, almost nailed it 41-7....
Good call, especially for a guy who doesn't have a dog in the fight! LOL.

The Knights just grind, grind, grind you down.
Old 11-10-18, 11:41 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Jeezus is Hoban a machine. Out of adjectives.

Pencil in a 40 point w > Maple Hts?
Old 11-11-18, 12:59 AM
Junior Varsity

Football034 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
They were, but you could see the effects of Hoban's power run game leaning on them starting to take effect about midway through the 2nd qtr. Props to Garfield, they came out out and hit Hoban early, tough weather night looked to be to their friend, but the Hoban run game, even with 9 in the box for Garfield, just took over. By midway through the 3rd, Garfield's front 7 was getting blown 10 yds off the ball.
After watching the game I stand by what I said...Garfield was for real their d was good.. that team beat them... Hoban is a grind game and they came out the second half and did exactly what they should have..., run away from #15.... The weather hurt Garfield last night but Hoban is just heavy... they wear on you and are very good... the score was defintely not indicative of the game but Hoban earned it..
Old 11-11-18, 01:34 AM
All Ohio

jeroe
Congratulations to Garfield on a great season. I have seen Hoban and they are just a whole different animal to deal with. Great win for Hoban and on to the next week.
Old 11-11-18, 08:32 PM
All Ohio

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football034 View Post
After watching the game I stand by what I said...Garfield was for real their d was good.. that team beat them... Hoban is a grind game and they came out the second half and did exactly what they should have..., run away from #15.... The weather hurt Garfield last night but Hoban is just heavy... they wear on you and are very good... the score was defintely not indicative of the game but Hoban earned it..
The score was exactly indicative, the last 2.5 qtrs was complete domination:

TOTAL YDS - HOBAN 530, GARFIELD 159
RUSHING - HOBAN 444, GARFIELD 111
FIRST DOWNS - HOBAN 24, GARFIELD 10

Garfield gained 75 of those yards on their first drive, which was impressive, but that was the last sniff they got. And Hoban doesn't run away from anyone; they tell you when they're running it and where, because they don't think you can stop it. Garfield was putting 9 and 10 in the box in the 2nd half, and was still helpless.
Old 11-11-18, 09:00 PM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
I feel like I'm a pretty knowledgeable guy when it comes to football. For this reason I've devised a gameplan for any D2 team to stop Hoban this year. As follows:
1. Have a senior led once in a generation team. Lots of heart and determination.
2. Instead of practicing in the week leading up to the game pray to the weather gods so that every time Hobans offense takes the field it's a torrential downpour.
3. When Hoban is on offense replace the football with a bowling ball soaked in motor oil. This will require a lot of skill and determination as you have to distract the referees. This should be done by a senior only.
4. Have a catholic priest (the good kind) lead your team onto the field before the game. Fight fire with fire, am I right?
5. Hire strippers to streak the first time Hoban enters the red zone. The knights will be so distracted they won't know what to do. Note (This could be a good time to get that bowling ball in there).
6. Do or die on every play. Lateral the ball until you can't anymore like it's the last play of the game on every possession.

I'm still working on my list but I feel like these six steps followed properly can get anyone in D2 within a touchdown of Hoban. I have more research to do...

To be continued.
Old 11-11-18, 10:10 PM
Junior Varsity

Football034 is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
The score was exactly indicative, the last 2.5 qtrs was complete domination:

TOTAL YDS - HOBAN 530, GARFIELD 159
RUSHING - HOBAN 444, GARFIELD 111
FIRST DOWNS - HOBAN 24, GARFIELD 10

Garfield gained 75 of those yards on their first drive, which was impressive, but that was the last sniff they got. And Hoban doesn't run away from anyone; they tell you when they're running it and where, because they don't think you can stop it. Garfield was putting 9 and 10 in the box in the 2nd half, and was still helpless.
Redwings you are wrong plain and simple.... I talked to their coach and he literally told me that... Garfield wasn´t putting 9 or 10 in the box, Hoban did wear them down though... Hoban might have completed three passes the entire game, the weather in the second half really hurt Garfield. Garfield QB is a great athlete but not a true passer so in the perfect weather conditions he is ok, with that weather they couldn´t complete passes. Watch the game guys were open it was very hard conditions to throw the ball. Hoban knew that and THEY were the ones putting 9 in the box and just smothered the running game. Also not that it matters but they were in the redzone the second half but Hoban beat them plain and simple. It got out of hand at the end of the third and Garfield was fatigued. To the poster that said you want a downpour when Hoban has the ball is the opposite of what you want. You want Hoban to try and throw the ball, if it is raining they will make you choke on the run game. I don´t see a team being able to withstand their run game.
Old 11-11-18, 10:12 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Pretty funny.
Old 11-11-18, 10:54 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football034 View Post
Redwings you are wrong plain and simple.... I talked to their coach and he literally told me that... Garfield wasn´t putting 9 or 10 in the box, Hoban did wear them down though... Hoban might have completed three passes the entire game, the weather in the second half really hurt Garfield. Garfield QB is a great athlete but not a true passer so in the perfect weather conditions he is ok, with that weather they couldn´t complete passes. Watch the game guys were open it was very hard conditions to throw the ball. Hoban knew that and THEY were the ones putting 9 in the box and just smothered the running game. Also not that it matters but they were in the redzone the second half but Hoban beat them plain and simple. It got out of hand at the end of the third and Garfield was fatigued. To the poster that said you want a downpour when Hoban has the ball is the opposite of what you want. You want Hoban to try and throw the ball, if it is raining they will make you choke on the run game. I don´t see a team being able to withstand their run game.
Were you at the game? Hoban doesn’t crowd the box because they don’t have to. The defense is predicated on what the offense does. Garfield absolutely crowded the box but their coach had no idea what he was doing. He put too many people up on the line which made a man on man one level defense and they just didn’t have enough men. Hoban’s pass game is very strong and was equally diminished due to weather. If Hoban decides to throw then the score just gets higher faster. Not taking anything away from GH, they were the third toughest team Hoban played this year.