Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Coldwater by 15+ 52 89.66%
Coldwater by 8-14 1 1.72%
Coldwater by 1-7 1 1.72%
Deer Park by 1-7 2 3.45%
Deer Park by 8-14 2 3.45%
Deer Park by 15+ 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-18, 10:07 AM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
It is the ole chicken and the egg situation.

Do you get numbers first and then win, or win first and then get numbers.

Depends on where you start from I reckon. For CDP I would think, or hope, that the successful regular season with a playoff approach would get more parents and kids interested. You need to energize those dads to really want to go out and throw the football with the kids when they are young, attend the HS games and be a part of the program.

I know as a kid I loved going to the games on Friday nights and I think we only made the playoffs once. We are shaped as kids to enjoy things that our parents are interested in so parents...bring those kids! Was a bit disappointed in the turnout but I realize it was a long drive.

Let's hope for DP sake that those JH kids start to want to be a part of the future and see a 7-3 record and the playoffs as a starting point. Most perennial playoff teams started with those lone playoff appearances and grew from there.
Good points. I think with DP it is going to take a lot of time and not just be one good season of basketball and football. The entire community needs to buy in and unfortunately that has not happened there. Too much apathy and sustained lack of success on the athletic fields have trickled down for years. I am hopeful that this recent run of success can begin to turn the tide but I believe it will take several years of good performance to make them a strong program each year where parents want to keep their kids in the school. There have been athletes before that could have gone to DP (Luke Kuechly for one) but have gone another route. That happens a lot in Cincinnati but DP needs to change the entire community culture to start keeping those kids. Hopefully this season was the first step.
Old 11-08-18, 03:23 AM
All Region

4GX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Good points. I think with DP it is going to take a lot of time and not just be one good season of basketball and football. The entire community needs to buy in and unfortunately that has not happened there. Too much apathy and sustained lack of success on the athletic fields have trickled down for years. I am hopeful that this recent run of success can begin to turn the tide but I believe it will take several years of good performance to make them a strong program each year where parents want to keep their kids in the school. There have been athletes before that could have gone to DP (Luke Kuechly for one) but have gone another route. That happens a lot in Cincinnati but DP needs to change the entire community culture to start keeping those kids. Hopefully this season was the first step.
I understand your (general) point-- but Luke Keuchley was NEVER going to go to Deer Park-- his Dad and uncles attended X, Luke went to Catholic elementary school, he was ALWAYS going to go to X (not to mention that I think their home was in Reading, not Deer Park)... there may be OTHER good athletes that started out in DP public schools-- and then transferred out-- Luke Keuchley is not a good example of one of those.
Old 11-08-18, 08:12 PM
All American

Fun2Bme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fun2Bme
It's happened to Deer Park a lot. Moeller is less than 10 minutes away and if you catch the lights just right, you can get there in 5 minutes. I could read through the list but one that stands out is Willis Edwards simply cause the coldwater connection. He ended up playing and starting at UC and is currently married to a Coldwater girl....I was shocked he convinced her to leave the farm life behind and move to Cincinnati.