Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-07-18, 04:37 PM
Varsity

hardhead_29 is on a distinguished road
I believe rivalries can be good even if both team are not good. But they go stale after awhile. To me a good rivalry is 2 teams that are consistently good for the most part battle it out.
People don't show up regardless of who your playing if your team isn't good. Gate numbers don't lie. I went to numerous games this year where the opposing team didn't have a big crowd at all. The factors of weather and the team not being good had everything to do with it. Most fans don't want to sit in cold/wet weather and support a bad football team.
Old 11-08-18, 05:12 PM
Varsity

Chisel is on a distinguished road
Kinda interesting to see alders QB on the 1st team all district team after getting 2nd team in the CBC.
Old 11-08-18, 05:36 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Granted the kid played on a .500 team that finished last in the divisional standings, but I found it to be very interesting that the KR QB did not get Kenton Trail OPOTY despite having 36 total TDs.

The Shawnee QB got it despite having 600 less yards of total offense and 17 fewer total TDs. Shawnee only had one more win than KR and lost to them head-to-head. I must be missing something because statistically the KR QB was by far the most dominant offensive player in the entire league.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-18, 06:28 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Granted the kid played on a .500 team that finished last in the divisional standings, but I found it to be very interesting that the KR QB did not get Kenton Trail OPOTY despite having 36 total TDs.

The Shawnee QB got it despite having 600 less yards of total offense and 17 fewer total TDs. Shawnee only had one more win than KR and lost to them head-to-head. I must be missing something because statistically the KR QB was by far the most dominant offensive player in the entire league.

yea kinda interesting. Didnít think the glass kid shouldíve won it. He played good against a banged up Bellefontaine defense and Iím not for sure how he played in the jonathon alder game but looking at the score he didnít do anything to great
Old 11-09-18, 07:32 AM
All District

powerpost is on a distinguished road
Would take the Glass kid anyway of the week and twice on Sundays over KR kid. They are both great players.

Compare the weapons around the 2 kids. Not even close. Shawnee did not have many playmakers while KR had them all over the place. Actually, KR had a pretty dismal year considering all the talent they had.
Old 11-09-18, 09:14 AM
Varsity

hardhead_29 is on a distinguished road
To be quite honest I am wondering how truly good these qbs in CBC actually are. Are they truly good ? or do they look good because the CBC is weak ?
I guess to me if the were truly that good they should have torched the CBC this year because the CBC was probably the weakest overall that its ever been. None of the qbs even had 3,000 total yds this season. Lyburtus had that last year and he only played 3/4 or less of each game.
Old 11-09-18, 10:08 AM
All Yappi

A lot depends on a variety of factors, such as the weather. I think that the passing stats were skewed down this year due to the few weeks at the end where we had fairly heavy rain and/or cold weather.

I see what you're saying though. 4-5 years ago Houseman for NW had 4,000 total yards, including 2-3 games where NW got destroyed by better teams and didn't do much offensively. He totally dominated the opponents that had similar or lesser talent.

I thought it was interesting that Lemen's yards were basically the same as last year, but his TDs exploded. He ran or threw for 36 of their 39 offensive TDs this year. I didn't see them so I can't really speak to their overall talent, but on paper KR looks to have been the Lemen show offensively. The only other kid with big stats for them was Dibert at WR.

Old 11-09-18, 05:47 PM
All Region

jobarules is on a distinguished road
KR talent was very poor this year. Without Lemen they probably beat Stebbins and Carlisle who were both 0-10. Other than that they would not have won a game this year so I think he probably deserved player of the year. I do agree however the QBs we saw this year don't compare to those of previous years. I would take the Schneider kid who was the KR QB a few years back over Lemen.
Old 11-09-18, 11:13 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhead_29 View Post
To be quite honest I am wondering how truly good these qbs in CBC actually are. Are they truly good ? or do they look good because the CBC is weak ?
I guess to me if the were truly that good they should have torched the CBC this year because the CBC was probably the weakest overall that its ever been. None of the qbs even had 3,000 total yds this season. Lyburtus had that last year and he only played 3/4 or less of each game.
I thought IL's QB really matured this year once the coaching staff started to call better games. HE took a lot of hits but has a strong arm and played well late. He missed the last 1.5 due to what I believe concussion protocal. Other than that, none of the CBC QBs I saw looked that good
Old 11-10-18, 11:19 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Unless London loses a lot, I see the CBC being absolutely a cakewalk for them after seeing what they did to CM
Old 11-10-18, 11:39 PM
All Yappi

Nice job tonight by London. I'm starting to believe they may be a legit contender to win the whole dang thing this year. Very impressive win this evening, and what's more, their one loss doesn't look too shabby as Whitehall pushed a stacked Massillon team last night for 2-3 quarters in D2 action.

At the D4 level, I'd be surprised if there's more than maybe 2-3 teams left that can match or top their combination of size and athleticism. I think they'll give Wyoming fits with their quickness this week en route to week 14.

Old 11-13-18, 11:57 AM
All American

El Indio is on a distinguished road
Good luck London!
Old 11-13-18, 01:10 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Unless London loses a lot, I see the CBC being absolutely a cakewalk for them after seeing what they did to CM
i know they lose 2 1,000 yard rushers so that will set them back but I’ve heard they have good middle school teams and a pretty good jv team
Old 11-13-18, 01:19 PM
All American

El Indio is on a distinguished road
We'll see. I know there were a lot of "young" teams this year. Next year should be great football.
Go CBC!