Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-08-18, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Great. A D - 1 athlete against a bunch of hicks from the sticks whose fastest player may run a 4.8 in a forty yd. dash. Woe is my poor, poor Flyers, hopefully the yocal locals from Marion Local can make a game of it and hopefully this young man from LCC does not have such a big game that Wheaties puts him on the cover of their box next week. Hopefully if LCC is taking the Flyers to the woodshed, the T-Birds pull him early to save him next week for the " orange crush " defense from Coldwater.
So, will this kid be a free agent to sign at another Lima school next year? He may be able to run over the Steiners this weekend but doubt he will be able to do that against the stout Redskins defense next week.
Old 11-08-18, 10:33 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplyr View Post
Lucas stuffed that kid.
I'm betting ML has the ability to game plan in such a way they limit him as well.
Old 11-08-18, 10:35 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
LCC don't have to worry about losing him to other Lima area schools as the state of football in the immediate Lima area is in a sad state of affairs outside of LCC.
Old 11-08-18, 10:57 AM
All District

thereckoning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Great. A D - 1 athlete against a bunch of hicks from the sticks whose fastest player may run a 4.8 in a forty yd. dash. Woe is my poor, poor Flyers, hopefully the yocal locals from Marion Local can make a game of it and hopefully this young man from LCC does not have such a big game that Wheaties puts him on the cover of their box next week. Hopefully if LCC is taking the Flyers to the woodshed, the T-Birds pull him early to save him next week for the " orange crush " defense from Coldwater.
Such a cocky young man you must be. Someone says something great about an opponent and you mock their post. If the young man has D-1 talent then great for him. And as a sophomore, that is fantastic.

As a fan of a team that was co-champ of one of the best conferences in Ohio, you would think that somehow, some way, you would find a little humble dignity in your blood and learn to bite you big man tongue when typing up your idiotic statements.

And you are very correct. Not much speed on this Marion Local team. But, they are Marion Local and they are expected to be playing Kirtland in a few weeks. Hopefully for these kids sake, "adults" like you don't make them look bad if they cannot pull off that feat.

Good Luck and God Bless to all.
Old 11-08-18, 11:07 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereckoning View Post
Such a cocky young man you must be. Someone says something great about an opponent and you mock their post. If the young man has D-1 talent then great for him. And as a sophomore, that is fantastic.

As a fan of a team that was co-champ of one of the best conferences in Ohio, you would think that somehow, some way, you would find a little humble dignity in your blood and learn to bite you big man tongue when typing up your idiotic statements.

And you are very correct. Not much speed on this Marion Local team. But, they are Marion Local and they are expected to be playing Kirtland in a few weeks. Hopefully for these kids sake, "adults" like you don't make them look bad if they cannot pull off that feat.

Good Luck and God Bless to all.
Please get off your high horse not making fun of any H. S players. How am I am not being humble I rarely ever brag about Marion Local except their coach who deserves all the credit for the success ML has had, he is 2nd to no other H. S. coach except maybe Otten from Coldwater. Young man I am not so don't even try to lecture me on my posts you pompous a **.
Old 11-08-18, 11:23 AM
All District

Quote:
Please get off your high horse not making fun of any H. S players. How am I am not being humble I rarely ever brag about Marion Local except their coach who deserves all the credit for the success ML has had, he is 2nd to no other H. S. coach except maybe Otten from Coldwater. Young man I am not so don't even try to lecture me on my posts you pompous a **.
Look at your post. Mocking the fact that others brought up a very nice young talent from LCC. If you brought up Bruns or any of the great talent at Marion Local then no one would mock you for it. You sound like the pompous idiot on here and should be ashamed to even say "I rarely brag". Look at your posts. All cocky posts all the way back to Marion Local's basketball championship.

Let the young man from LCC get the props he deserves. Instead of trying to knock down his credibility just because your team is very good. Not very adult-like. So if you are not a young man, then maybe try acting your age.
Old 11-08-18, 12:09 PM
All Yappi

Seems like some people need their juice box, carpet square and a nap.
Old 11-08-18, 12:39 PM
All Region

CJK84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This was the 1st year ML has not had a first team All MAC off. lineman since 2009.
Not necessarily a terrible comparison. ML's o linemen eventually matured and played well in the latter part of the '09 season - they were a big part of the successful playoff run for the Flyers.

In the state semi that year, ML lost in OT to DSJ, who then very narrowly lost in the state final to Norwalk Saint Paul.

Hopefully, the '18 o line can be a force this Friday against the T'birds!

Last edited by CJK84; 11-08-18 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-08-18, 12:48 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Seems like some people need their juice box, carpet square and a nap.
Amen. I'm too old to sit idly by and watch grown adults mock the successes of our youth. Nothing wrong with touting your team but everything wrong with kicking a talented young man in the teeth.

Good Luck and God Bless to both teams.
Old 11-08-18, 03:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
LCC don't have to worry about losing him to other Lima area schools as the state of football in the immediate Lima area is in a sad state of affairs outside of LCC.
Lima Shawnee is on the up and up with Jerry Cooper who has been around and around and around including LCC.

You never know what is going to happen in LimaLand.
Old 11-08-18, 03:49 PM
All Region

Msfootball is on a distinguished road
I like the way Marion Local has responded when falling behind early. After first half struggles against Coldwater, St. henry, and Anna, the Flyers outscored those three teams by a combined total of 64-6 in the 2nd half. I'd expect a fairly close first half against Lima Catholic, with the Flyers pulling away in the 2nd half.
Old 11-08-18, 03:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msfootball View Post
I like the way Marion Local has responded when falling behind early. After first half struggles against Coldwater, St. henry, and Anna, the Flyers outscored those three teams by a combined total of 64-6. I'd expect a fairly close first half against Lima Catholic, with the Flyers pulling away in the 2nd half.
It is a bad habit to get into though, as we all know. Less margin for error.

With that said, MSML does a decent job of taking away a team's strength so the THunderbirds may need to find an alternate way to beat the flyers
Old 11-08-18, 04:49 PM
All World

The big advantage ML has in this game is the Flyers have 19 srs. vs just 5 for LCC.
Old 11-09-18, 10:50 PM
All World

The Flyers win behind Bruns and their passing attack 33 - 17, unfortunately the Flyers running attack was almost non existent. ML could not stop LCC's rushing attack even though the Flyers have one of the top linebackers in the state, Thomas and the rest of LCC's running backs had huge holes to run through. Would Marion Local's xp team please actually take some time and practice xp's , you can miss against LCC but those xp's will cost you against Coldwater and before anyone blames the wind LCC had no problem kicking xp's or kicking a 30 yd. fg.