Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who will win
Eastmoor 2 12.50%
Hartley 14 87.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-18, 11:20 AM
Freshman

HartleyFan is on a distinguished road
(10-1) Eastmoor Academy vs. (9-2) Bishop Hartley

Any thoughts on this game?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-18, 11:44 AM
Freshman

War Emo is on a distinguished road
Eastmoor has a lot of speed and heart but I don't know if they can handle Hartley's line play on both sides of the ball.
Old 11-04-18, 03:18 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Official. At Hamilton Township. Hartley is the home team.
Old 11-04-18, 03:40 PM
Freshman

Official word: Hawks vs. Eastmoor Division III Regional Semi Final will be played at Hamilton Township this Friday night. Hartley will be the home team. Stay tuned for ticket information. #JustPlay
Old 11-04-18, 03:49 PM
Freshman

Hartley Football vs. Eastmoor at Hamilton Township Friday at 7pm. PreSale tickets will be available at Hartley Wednesday & Thursday 9am -3pm and at open house Thurs night.
From Mike/AD
Old 11-04-18, 04:54 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartleyFan View Post
Any thoughts on this game?
Once DeSales got eliminated, the two teams that I thought were best matched up to challenge the Hawks in the region are playing each other at White Field in Newark on Friday night. But Eastmoor is no slouch. Hawks have always handled the Warriors just fine in scrimmages, but that means little at this point in the season. Word on the street is that a little bit of trash talking from the fellas can completely rattle them. I expect line play to be very physical and very confrontational both sides. They've got some decent size. Gonna take strong defense with tackles on first contact to contain Edwards and the other weapons. They destroyed a solid Marion Franklin team and beat a really good Walnut Ridge team (though that hinged on a bungled field goal turned into TD at the end). They collapsed epically against Westerville Central early, and that's not a very good team. Coming off six straight thumpings, maybe they'll be over confident. They're smart and fast and can quickly hurt a team that makes mistakes. Looking forward to a good game.
Old 11-04-18, 06:28 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
The HT game staff looking forward to hosting this game, sounds like it'll be a barn-burner.

Gonna be a chilly one. Soup's on at the visitor concession stand. I'll have a thermos of mocha cappucino at my side.
Old 11-04-18, 06:55 PM
Freshman

How is the parking at Hamilton Township high school?
Old 11-04-18, 07:02 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If I recall they had enough parking for Athens vs Springfield Shawnee. Hopefully they redid their speakers. Lol
Old 11-04-18, 07:21 PM
All American

Quote:
Here's an overhead view for you. As Raider6309 said, shouldn't be a problem. The school will probably charge $3 per vehicle to park as they have in the past.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/11...!4d-82.9727977
Old 11-05-18, 12:30 PM
All Ohio

coachablekid is on a distinguished road
This year, EA beat them in the annual scrimmage. 1st time in 10 years. But scrimmages don't count, but gave Eastmoor Academy some momentum. With Hartley chop blocking schemes on offense, it will be difficult for EA. I won't to see a good officiating, hard hitting and clean game. Don't be surprised if EA gets the victory!
Old 11-05-18, 12:49 PM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
Here's an overhead view for you. As Raider6309 said, shouldn't be a problem. The school will probably charge $3 per vehicle to park as they have in the past.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/11...!4d-82.9727977
I believe playoff parking is $5
Old 11-05-18, 02:08 PM
Freshman

Paying for parking is ridiculous
Old 11-05-18, 02:47 PM
All District

THE FLOCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Pay for parking?? Not on my watch. You can catch me on my Razor scooter. I'll just store it under the bleachers for the game. Boom, problem solved.
Old 11-05-18, 05:38 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Once DeSales got eliminated, the two teams that I thought were best matched up to challenge the Hawks in the region are playing each other at White Field in Newark on Friday night. But Eastmoor is no slouch. Hawks have always handled the Warriors just fine in scrimmages, but that means little at this point in the season. Word on the street is that a little bit of trash talking from the fellas can completely rattle them. I expect line play to be very physical and very confrontational both sides. They've got some decent size. Gonna take strong defense with tackles on first contact to contain Edwards and the other weapons. They destroyed a solid Marion Franklin team and beat a really good Walnut Ridge team (though that hinged on a bungled field goal turned into TD at the end). They collapsed epically against Westerville Central early, and that's not a very good team. Coming off six straight thumpings, maybe they'll be over confident. They're smart and fast and can quickly hurt a team that makes mistakes. Looking forward to a good game.

I am not trolling here but I wouldn't bet that Hartley would beat Westerville Central straight up . If you really think your a great team and they aren't very good at all and they pretty much did what they wanted to vs Eastmoor , why is there a thread on this game ? Is it really going to be a good one? Seeing as though your team is better than the team that crushed this opponent why even pretend that this is a real game?

Hartley 47 Eastmoor 13
Old 11-05-18, 05:58 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
Jesus $5!!!
Old 11-05-18, 09:11 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
Thanks. Wow - just saw OHSAA approved that. Two-dollar jump since the last time we hosted.

Page 9/10, item #16:
https://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Spor...ourneyrglt.pdf

If I make any soup for the concession stand, I'm gonna tell them to put "gourmet" on it and charge $8 per bowl.

Last edited by Zunardo; 11-06-18 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-06-18, 11:40 AM
Freshman

http://www.thisweeknews.com/sports/2...onal-semifinal
Old 11-07-18, 12:07 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
A good article! Hartley must have went to sleep on St.Charles that friday night only winning 6 to 3. I know that is a big time catholic rival game so I understand. EA blew St. Charles out the water. I think this will be a good one, one for the ages. It is a good thing that these two teams get to play each other being separated only about a 25 min walk.
Old 11-07-18, 02:26 PM
Freshman

Tiresias is on a distinguished road
About that Hartley at SC game. Hartley lost their top 2 running backs early in the game on a night where running was pretty important, with the rain storm and all. I wouldn't put too much stock in the score differential in each team's Eastmoor game. I see Hartley winning this game and it could be a substantial margin if the Hawks are healthy.

That said, I would give Eastmoor a punchers chance if Hartley is not at full strength. I saw EA play Marion Franklin and was impressed with their running back, very quick and surprisingly powerful for a kid his size. Also liked their line play against the Red Devils but Hartley's line is a different level in tenacity and execution. We'll see if the Warriors can rise to the occasion.

It would be nice to see this as a regular season game at some point.
Old 11-08-18, 12:33 PM
Freshman

Eastmoor Vs Hartley
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eastmoor 2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	2581  
Old 11-08-18, 01:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Eastmoor Vs Hartley
Hartley definitely played a tougher schedule not really playing in a league per say. Heck, 25 percent of hartley kids went to Eastmoor's feeder school which is Berwick. Jalen January went to Berwick, which is an example. You know what I am saying HartleyFan. Good luck! I hope it is a good one. The deck is stacked against Eastmoor Academy, but the Coaching staff at EA has been in this situation before.
Old 11-08-18, 01:40 PM
All District

THE FLOCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Gonna be completely honest here, I had never heard of Eastmoor until this past week, but they seem to be a decent ball club. I know Hartley has a lot of tradition and are a constant powerhouse. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo I'll take Hartley by a touchdown or two
Old 11-08-18, 03:37 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachablekid View Post
Hartley definitely played a tougher schedule not really playing in a league per say. Heck, 25 percent of hartley kids went to Eastmoor's feeder school which is Berwick. Jalen January went to Berwick, which is an example. You know what I am saying HartleyFan. Good luck! I hope it is a good one. The deck is stacked against Eastmoor Academy, but the Coaching staff at EA has been in this situation before.
There are strict rules about recruiting and 99% of all scholarships given are academic in nature and the parents need to pay the balance which is still a lot. Kids come the Hartley because it is a good school, the % of kids getting scholarships to college and finishing college is extremely high. A number of Athletes I knew have gotten full rides to major colleges like Notre Dame; Hartley has a great tradition with both academics and Athletics. Please look at all the other major high schools and what has transpired with their athletic programs and how they have been penalized for not following the rules. I am tired of People always going to the question of recruiting when the get bet or think something is just not fair. The fact is that kids want to come to Hartley because they have a good program, tradition and awesome coaches. Thanks for your time.
Old 11-09-18, 01:40 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
There are strict rules about recruiting and 99% of all scholarships given are academic in nature and the parents need to pay the balance which is still a lot. Kids come the Hartley because it is a good school, the % of kids getting scholarships to college and finishing college is extremely high. A number of Athletes I knew have gotten full rides to major colleges like Notre Dame; Hartley has a great tradition with both academics and Athletics. Please look at all the other major high schools and what has transpired with their athletic programs and how they have been penalized for not following the rules. I am tired of People always going to the question of recruiting when the get bet or think something is just not fair. The fact is that kids want to come to Hartley because they have a good program, tradition and awesome coaches. Thanks for your time.
Harleyfan, I am not mad at all. I have nothing against Hartley and I have some cool friends that have graduated from Hartley. So I get what you saying. I am saying this, EA has got young men college scholarships as well like thee Ohio State, Michigan, Pittsburgh, etc. Academics are good at Eastmoor Academy as well. I know Eastmoor feeder school is Berwick not Christ the king or whatever its called now. Good luck tonight HartleyFan!
Old 11-09-18, 10:38 PM
All American

Eastmoor won, 19-14. Pretty exciting game, teams appeared to be pretty evenly matched overall.

But Bishop Hartley's starting QB went down in the second quarter and did not return. Apparently Eastmoor's Savon Edwards left early with an injury, which I didn't see. I did see one his replacements have their knee give out while making a simple cut to daylight, and went to the ground immediately. Hopefully they will have quick recoveries.

Weather def a factor - biting wind, along with some occasional rain. Quite a few dropped snaps, kickoffs, etc. for both teams.

Hartley seemed in charge early in the game, got some explosive runs, and led 14-7 the better part of the second and third quarter. But Eastmoor never quit, had some backs who were cut-back artists, and put together two late TDS, one of them a punt return, twice failing to get 2-point conversions.

Some amazing athletic performances from both teams - guys wrapped up while being driven back 10 yards, then escaping and getting back to the LOS and more, reversing a sweep left back to the right and making it work, etc.

Last edited by Zunardo; 11-10-18 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-10-18, 12:02 AM
All Region

Iroquois is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the City League Bishop Hartley...lol

Just kidding. Congrats to the EM coaches and players on the huge win and also coach Burchfield who has an amazing team year after year. Looks like it's time for all those football/wrestlers for Hartley to hit the mats.
Old 11-10-18, 12:12 AM
Freshman

mallymal614 is on a distinguished road
Savon Edwards, the district player of the year (30 tds) was lost for the game for Eastmoor with an injury early, a few minutes into the game. Then his replacement who was running well was put out just shortly afterwards with an injury as well. Which makes the victory even more impressive because they continued to fight without two of their best players. The Hartley program is what teams aim to be with their incredible success this decade. Great game.
Old 11-10-18, 02:12 AM
All Ohio

A good game indeed! Injuries was a big part with three EA players going down. Their best 3 players. Hartley QB went down. Hartley had two big kick-off returns, one was a TD, the other they score on in 3 plays. Other than that, Hartley did absolutely nothing on offense. EA defense dominated the game. I am pretty sure EA had more offensive yards. It is funny how a lot of people gave EA no chance! EA should have beat them worst than that, but injuries came in play. Hartley Fan, you were right, don't pay attention to the St. Charles game. Congrats coaches and staff for EA. Good luck next Friday versus Sheridan.
Old 11-10-18, 08:43 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLOCK View Post
Gonna be completely honest here, I had never heard of Eastmoor until this past week
In other words, you've never heard of Archie Griffin?