Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-21-18, 11:10 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Since I'm not as well versed on all the angles for whether he will stay or go...does tonight's draft appear to encourage him to stay or make it more likely that he will leave?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-18, 04:31 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Since I'm not as well versed on all the angles for whether he will stay or go...does tonight's draft appear to encourage him to stay or make it more likely that he will leave?
There's this - https://sports.yahoo.com/cavaliers-d...010721600.html

Quote:
If James does indeed decide to leave, you have to feel for Sexton, who would possibly be seen as a piece of bait rather than a legit building block. What separates Sexton from Napier (when picked by the Heat) is that the Alabama point guard is widely seen as a strong NBA prospect, while Napier was a bit more borderline as a college star who was limited athletically. Sexton should be a significant asset for the Cavaliers, no matter who his teammates are.

But more important that that, 1227 the Great wanted Sexton. LeBron may leave, but brian isn't getting past his mom's basement.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 06-22-18 at 04:43 AM..
Old 06-22-18, 05:13 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Good pick ... if LBJ stays, you can still use Sexton as a trade piece to get Kemba Walker ... if LBJ leaves you have a young PG to build around ... win, win!
Old 06-22-18, 06:47 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I would have liked to get Kemba and use the #8/Sexton for a different trade. But it doesn't appear to be in the cards.
Old 06-22-18, 08:50 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
What are the odds Sexton plays for the Cavs
Old 06-22-18, 10:39 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Cavs 2020 world champs without lebron. Sexton rules.
Old 06-22-18, 02:01 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
What are the odds Sexton plays for the Cavs
Unless he gets traded for a PG it better be 100%.
Old 06-22-18, 05:44 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Heard it here first
Old 06-22-18, 06:01 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lakers are now -400 favorites to land Lebron
Old 06-22-18, 07:58 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
If LeBron does go to the Lakers, I'd find great satisfaction and hilarity in them inevitably trading off Lonzo and the insuing Lavar meltdown that would follow. I think I could live with that outcome as a Cavs fan.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-18, 09:27 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Lakers are now -400 favorites to land Lebron
Cavs now at +350 after a gnarly +5000 after the end of Game 4.
Old 06-23-18, 08:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
lol

I like Sexton. If he keeps working while maintaining the drive and motor he'll be great on some level - if even the next Rondo. I'd like to see him start with the foul shot. Like old Coach Paul Haught sez, anybody can shoot when calm. Run, speed and agility, shoot when all lathered up, run again, repeat. Ad nauseum, ad infinitum. Move on to the jumper.
Old 06-23-18, 08:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Heard it here first
brian, out on a limb. Shocking.
Old 06-23-18, 08:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
If LeBron does go to the Lakers, I'd find great satisfaction and hilarity in them inevitably trading off Lonzo and the insuing Lavar meltdown that would follow. I think I could live with that outcome as a Cavs fan.

It would be gold if the Balls got tossed out of the Stapler. Pure gold.

I'm guessing Lavar gets pressed so hard that he gets rattled and goes Cro-magnon on some TMZ goof
Old 06-23-18, 10:07 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post

I'm guessing Lavar gets pressed so hard that he gets rattled and goes Cro-magnon on some TMZ goof
That would tickle me to no end...as long as they don't land in Cleveland.

But there's one other aspect of the LeBron to LA prospect that no one as far as I know has mentioned: the Lakers have expressed an interest in re-signing Isaiah Thomas. Now, I don't know this for sure, but just from watching the inter-play between Thomas and James on the court and off, I don't know how receptive James would be to reunite with Thomas. Of course, if LeBron makes that an issue, Thomas is gone.
Old 06-23-18, 03:33 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
At the very least, this roster will be intriguing. Not sure if they are better or worse than last year, but I'm glad to see change. There was no beating GS and no future after LeBron with the status quo
Thomas will be a tough signing for anyone as he will want money commensurate with his standing two years ago while teams will look at him like damaged goods.
Old 06-23-18, 10:00 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Not sure Chris Paul can stay healthy enough when they team him and Lebron together in LA next season. With Paul more worried about money surprised he would go to LA for the millions he will lose in taxes. Then again they are buds.
Old 06-23-18, 10:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Crazy LA rumors Gilbert is high on Lonzo. Maybe Lavar could be at pit boss.
Old 06-24-18, 10:28 AM
All Yappi

SwG trying so hard....
Old 06-24-18, 07:59 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
It sure is looking more and more like Lebron will be in Cleveland at least one more year. All of the talk out of OKC is George wants to stay there and SA doesn’t seem to have any interest in dealing with the Cavs or Lakers. Although over the next 2 weeks I’m sure things will change at least 17 times.
Old 06-24-18, 08:07 PM
All Yappi

I'm thinking there's a good chance LeBron opts in and waits until next summer. I think there's a better chance than expected that George stays with OKC. Statistically, they actually had one of the best starting lineups in terms of +/- last year. I think there may be a bit more optimism there than most would expect.

It would be insane to go to LA without one or both of George and Leonard already in the fold, but never forget that LeBron marches to the beat of his own drum.

Old 06-24-18, 10:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
SwG trying so hard....
You guys are okay. Lebron is changing all his social media pages favoring the home town. Or he's just playing mind games again ? It's comical all the pundits stepping all over each other with their daily hot takes. Some idiot on 1360 brought up the Gilbert Lonzo rumors.

Still hard to see him leaving the East. He built his fortune and his image of invincibility pounding on weaker foes in the East. Why would the best player in the game mess with that legacy ? He could literally end up with 10 plus finals in a row in the East.
Old 06-25-18, 06:52 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
That would tickle me to no end...as long as they don't land in Cleveland.

But there's one other aspect of the LeBron to LA prospect that no one as far as I know has mentioned: the Lakers have expressed an interest in re-signing Isaiah Thomas. Now, I don't know this for sure, but just from watching the inter-play between Thomas and James on the court and off, I don't know how receptive James would be to reunite with Thomas. Of course, if LeBron makes that an issue, Thomas is gone.
Haven't paid attention to any FA activity the last week or two but last I heard there was a small chance IT returned to the Lakers. I'd be surprised if he came back.
Old 06-25-18, 09:19 AM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-make-decision

These seems to infer that LBJ already knows where he wants to play next year.
Old 06-25-18, 09:28 AM
All Yappi

I read that as he knows what he wants to do. There may be 2-3 teams that he personally talks with as a courtesy, but he knows who he's signing with, at least pending how the landscape unfolds.

My interpretation is that this means LA if they can pull in George and/or Leonard first, and if they can't, a return to the Cavs for another year.

Old 06-25-18, 10:31 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
Still hard to see him leaving the East. He built his fortune and his image of invincibility pounding on weaker foes in the East. Why would the best player in the game mess with that legacy ? He could literally end up with 10 plus finals in a row in the East.
The two teams with the brightest futures are the Celtics and the 76ers. I'm not so sure the "East is weak" narrative holds up any more.

I'd be shocked if the Cavs made the finals next year. It took them 7 games to beat Boston who will A.) have their best player back B.) have their 2nd best player back and C.) see continued improvement from Tatum & Brown.
Old 06-25-18, 12:57 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
This is the part about LeBron that I don't like. Why is it being reported that LeBron's "people" are meeting with different teams? How about just LeBron and his agent meet? Why people?
Also, if the narrative is that LeBron is chasing rings, then why would the Sixers/ Lakers/ Rockets offer to give up everything for him? They have as much leverage as he does. Expecially when you consider even getting LeBron does not guarantee that you'll be in the finals. All of these teams would have to give up considerable talent to add LeBron to their roster. Let's face it folks, even with LeBron on any of these teams, it's still looking like Boston/ Philly and Golden State in the finals next season.
And the million dollar question now is...when does LeBron start declining significantly? I think we saw a significant decline in his defense last season. He was great offensively, but as we know, defense wins titles and LeBron's best defensive days are behind him.
Old 06-25-18, 03:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
The two teams with the brightest futures are the Celtics and the 76ers. I'm not so sure the "East is weak" narrative holds up any more.

I'd be shocked if the Cavs made the finals next year. It took them 7 games to beat Boston who will A.) have their best player back B.) have their 2nd best player back and C.) see continued improvement from Tatum & Brown.
Agreed. I like his chances better if he can bring in one of his all star buddies back to Cleveland. Still seems harder to make the finals in the West. No doubt Boston has something special going on and could be doing more in July.
Old 06-25-18, 03:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
This is the part about LeBron that I don't like. Why is it being reported that LeBron's "people" are meeting with different teams? How about just LeBron and his agent meet?.
The dog and pony show days are over. He's in the cat bird seat.
Old 06-25-18, 04:52 PM
All World

Windhorst saying Lebron has narrowed it down to Cleveland, LA, and Philly.

If true, that's interesting because you really could not have 3 more polar opposite scenarios.

Cleveland: stays home where he'll always be a god, stability for his family, known over the unknown

LA: best potential to team up with other established stars/friends, and likely provides him the biggest legacy boost if he were to win a title

Philly: seems to obviously be the best basketball situation. Would have a competent coach for only the 2nd time in his career, and be surrounded by two young stars and a few other potential young talents who can continue helping him win tittles once he's on the down swing of his career.

There is a not that unrealistic scenario where Philly could get Lebron and Kawhi without giving up Simmons or Embiid. If that happens, you pretty much have the perfect team to beat the Warriors.