Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-19, 10:36 PM
Freshman

Wrestlingmaster123 is on a distinguished road
I’m guessing your the mom of Erich? I was just curious if anyone knew his actual age. I’m pretty sure he was already old for middle school last year. Is he a 2 time hold back??
Old 01-07-19, 10:41 PM
Junior Varsity

btwmom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestlingmaster123 View Post
Iím guessing your the mom of Erich? I was just curious if anyone knew his actual age. Iím pretty sure he was already old for middle school last year. Is he a 2 time hold back??
Guess again - not his mom. I don't know his age or if he is a 2 time hold back. My son is Jonathan Norwood. I just saw that you were from Amherst and know that they are too - and it's not that big of a town that you would need to question his age on a sports forum and not in your own backyard.
Old 01-07-19, 11:59 PM
All Ohio

roughedge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Iím guessing your the mom of Erich? I was just curious if anyone knew his actual age. Iím pretty sure he was already old for middle school last year. Is he a 2 time hold back??
Wrestlingmaster123, Iíll take the bait and bite. Why do you care what grade Erich should be in. If he is holding back that is between him and his parents. Iím guessing your upset he left your program and went over to wrestle with Elyria and BTW. Well looks like his parents made the right decision because he is having a great season right now. Place at super 32 (huge national tournament) and Philo. Plus he is doing great in the national duals he has entered. If more Amherst parents was smart they would also leave that program come to Elyria if there kids want to wrestle at the next level. Leaving Amherst youth program for Elyriaís (BTW) program was the best decision of our kids life. Iím sure about 10 other Amherst families will have the same feelings as I do about there decision.
Now enough about Erich and more about you and your program (Amherst). Iím guessing your butt still hurts and you still canít figured out why all these kids keep leaving Amherst for Elyria. Well Ill share our reasons we left Amherst for Elyria. It was the 1st day of practice and Amherst high school wrestling coaches was running the youth practice. In the middle of the practice mostly playing games 2 coaches started to make a announcement to the parents in the room. If your child is in kindergarten please take him out of room cause we didnít pass out fliers for kindergarten kids and we donít want them in our room. Even though my kindergarten kid was taking down 3rd grade kids in takedown games they was playing that day. I could write so much more great things about why we and others left this frog ran for Elyria but Iíll hold back. Shoot me a notification if you like to talk more.

Please donít be a coward and hide behind a screen name and try to bash a kid or parents. Go ahead and put you name out there.

Mike Fenton
Old 01-08-19, 06:40 AM
All Ohio

shaggy71
https://www.facebook.com/GoffTrained...type=3&theater

Best of the Midwest (Philo) Mow Ethan Waggoner Steubenville Harding
Old 01-08-19, 07:15 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
Wrestlingmaster123, Iíll take the bait and bite. Why do you care what grade Erich should be in. If he is holding back that is between him and his parents. Iím guessing your upset he left your program and went over to wrestle with Elyria and BTW. Well looks like his parents made the right decision because he is having a great season right now. Place at super 32 (huge national tournament) and Philo. Plus he is doing great in the national duals he has entered. If more Amherst parents was smart they would also leave that program come to Elyria if there kids want to wrestle at the next level. Leaving Amherst youth program for Elyriaís (BTW) program was the best decision of our kids life. Iím sure about 10 other Amherst families will have the same feelings as I do about there decision.
Now enough about Erich and more about you and your program (Amherst). Iím guessing your butt still hurts and you still canít figured out why all these kids keep leaving Amherst for Elyria. Well Ill share our reasons we left Amherst for Elyria. It was the 1st day of practice and Amherst high school wrestling coaches was running the youth practice. In the middle of the practice mostly playing games 2 coaches started to make a announcement to the parents in the room. If your child is in kindergarten please take him out of room cause we didnít pass out fliers for kindergarten kids and we donít want them in our room. Even though my kindergarten kid was taking down 3rd grade kids in takedown games they was playing that day. I could write so much more great things about why we and others left this frog ran for Elyria but Iíll hold back. Shoot me a notification if you like to talk more.

Please donít be a coward and hide behind a screen name and try to bash a kid or parents. Go ahead and put you name out there.

Mike Fenton
Well I would really hope a hold back would be able to beat up on a bunch of true 7th and 8th graders. From my understanding he didnít even make state last year.
Old 01-08-19, 08:06 AM
Varsity

MY BALL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Erich Trinski took 4th at 142?? How old is he?
I am Erich's dad, Tom Trinski. If you need any information concerning my son please send me a message. Be an adult and don't hijack a thread for your own warped agenda.
Old 01-08-19, 08:28 AM
Freshman

Thumbs down

[QUOTE=MY BALL;7226995]I am Erich's dad, Tom Trinski. If you need any information concerning my son please send me a message. Be an adult and don't hijack a thread for your own warped agenda.

I am not hijacking anything. I am asking my concerning question about a wrestler on a wrestling forum. Isnt that what we are suppose to be doing on here?
Old 01-08-19, 08:56 AM
All Region

mataddict is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well I would really hope a hold back would be able to beat up on a bunch of true 7th and 8th graders. From my understanding he didnít even make state last year.
Going to make for a long high school career if you think that way

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-19, 09:35 AM
Freshman

Question

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

From my understanding Erich could be as hold as 17! Iím sure he is not the only hold back, but that is insane.
Old 01-08-19, 09:39 AM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Quote:

From my understanding Erich could be as hold as 17! I’m sure he is not the only hold back, but that is insane.
Not if he plans on wrestling all 4 years of HS he isn't 17.

You can not turn 20 anytime during the season (so up until the state tournament he can't be older than 19).
Old 01-08-19, 10:27 AM
Freshman

DoubleBoots is on a distinguished road
OK, so what about the actual wrestling matches? I thought the finals were great to watch with some very close matches one after another. I would like to hear from others what they saw and from the bracketologists out there what they thought of the results. The Snider-Russo final was another dramatic tussle for those two. The Cannon-Ayoub match was razor thin with a controversial end. What else caught your eye?
Old 01-08-19, 10:35 AM
All Ohio

wdanforth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmog View Post
Not if he plans on wrestling all 4 years of HS he isn't 17.

You can not turn 20 anytime during the season (so up until the state tournament he can't be older than 19).
I have no dog in this pissing contest but out of curiosity looked it up. This article covers 7 & 8th grade eligibility also. Interesting read.

Link to OHSAA Bylaw
https://ohsaa.org/Eligibility/Age
Old 01-08-19, 11:01 AM
All District

galewrestling is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdanforth View Post
I have no dog in this pissing contest but out of curiosity looked it up. This article covers 7 & 8th grade eligibility also. Interesting read.

Link to OHSAA Bylaw
https://ohsaa.org/Eligibility/Age
I don't think OHSAA bylaws really apply to Jr High club teams, hence why man elite kids will do the club teams, so they do not have to worry about points, age, tournament restrictions, etc..
Old 01-08-19, 11:23 AM
All Region

[/QUOTE]From my understanding Erich could be as hold as 17! Iím sure he is not the only hold back, but that is insane.[/QUOTE]

You should probably do a little homework before disparaging a young man. His trackwrestling profile has him competing in the 13/14 age group in april. Unlikely he gained 3/4 years in the last 8 months. And before you start I do not know the young man. Just a father who has heard the same thing for years and it gets old hearing parents who can't handle the fact that their kid lost.

Old 01-08-19, 11:23 AM
All Ohio

wdanforth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by galewrestling View Post
I don't think OHSAA bylaws really apply to Jr High club teams, hence why man elite kids will do the club teams, so they do not have to worry about points, age, tournament restrictions, etc..
It applies when the student enters high school.
Old 01-08-19, 11:35 AM
Freshman

Thumbs down

From my understanding Erich could be as hold as 17! Iím sure he is not the only hold back, but that is insane.[/QUOTE]

You should probably do a little homework before disparaging a young man. His trackwrestling profile has him competing in the 13/14 age group in april. Unlikely he gained 3/4 years in the last 8 months. And before you start I do not know the young man. Just a father who has heard the same thing for years and it gets old hearing parents who can't handle the fact that their kid lost.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Well if Erich couldnít even place at Nuway last year why hold your son back? I get when kids hold there sons back who are studs and have a legit chance to wrestle in college. The point is, heís old and only winning because he got held back. Heís never even placed at OAC in grade school. Now places at super 32.
Old 01-08-19, 11:41 AM
Varsity

Quote:
From my understanding Erich could be as hold as 17! Iím sure he is not the only hold back, but that is insane.
Well still waiting for you to contact me, but as expected you are just here for whatever reasons you internet trolls have. Amazingly my son is eligible to compete in Jr High events this year in Ohio under OHSAA Jr High rules but you understand he may be 17?
Old 01-08-19, 11:44 AM
All Region

You must be very close to the family to know why he was held back if indeed he was. Strange that you being that close would then attack the boy on an open forum.

Old 01-08-19, 11:46 AM
All District

LucMurphy134 is on a distinguished road
Different Year. Different Names. Same Thread!
Old 01-08-19, 12:22 PM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Wow, Columbus Desales M.S. with 8 finalist and out scoring the field by more than a 100 points. Question is will they stay in central Ohio?
Old 01-08-19, 01:17 PM
Freshman

Claw Rider is on a distinguished road
don't be fooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmalice View Post
Wow, Columbus Desales M.S. with 8 finalist and out scoring the field by more than a 100 points. Question is will they stay in central Ohio?
there were MI and CO kids on that "CDes MS" team...
does that answer your question?
Old 01-08-19, 01:30 PM
Freshman

DoubleBoots is on a distinguished road
Even the Ohio kids seemed to be various clubs all over Ohio? Its good to have club teams in my mind because it raises the competition level substantiallyóbut I be shocked to see all these kids go there.....
Old 01-08-19, 01:31 PM
Freshman

Claw Rider is on a distinguished road
Many lightweights caught the eye! Oyaub and Cannon were in a stacked weight with Campbell winning the consolation bracket. Heethius from MI and Quinter from Covington had a good battle, both looking to score.

Earnest from Wadsworth had a tight one until 3rd period at 100 with Shore from Graham... Shore is very strong! Also, Andrick from WV and Joy from Wadsworth had a great finals scrap at 82, with Joy displaying some technical wizardry to win it! Great athletes putting on a show at Tri-Valley
Old 01-08-19, 01:33 PM
Moderated User

against the wind is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
Wow has the competition falling off big time. Boy Philo is missing 5 or 6 really good club teams i see. No Burnett, no Graham, no Indiania Outlaws, no Minions, no Westshore, no Father Ryan, plus used to have a few different PA teams come in. Is there another dual tournament going on same weekend that JH kids are starting to go now.
whos the minions...and no ryan....do you mean a preist..or something or you talking elyria bull-crap again,,,,

Last edited by against the wind; 01-08-19 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-08-19, 02:00 PM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I was too excited about that team performance and forgot most club teams won't be homegrown. As usual, Graham & Brecksville were showing the future doesn't show rebuild, just reload. Winton Woods school district has just instituted a youth program and make a big difference. Looking forward to seeing if they can put together a M.S. team or join forces with local clubs( Prodigy, Pinnacle) and enter these events.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-19, 02:04 PM
All American

ptrsn is on a distinguished road
I forgot to post MOW on results post:

MOW 80-122 = Cooper Shore (GRAHAM)
MOW 128-245 = Ethan Waggoner (HARDING)
Old 01-12-19, 09:57 PM
Freshman

bad marriage is an unknown quantity at this point
somebody touched a nerve. The sensitivity here speaks volumes...
Old 01-13-19, 12:23 PM
Varsity

Sensitivity does strike nerves in the weak. An example would be a butt hurt coach who was some type of mat maid or towel boy in college who says disparaging things to a young wrestler and follows the young man into a restroom. You meet some of the greatest people through wrestling. You also meet complete dirtballs.

Last edited by MY BALL; 01-13-19 at 12:56 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 01-13-19, 01:04 PM
Junior Varsity

Koleslaw is on a distinguished road
Confused about the Trinski argument? The argument was brought up that he was way old and “beating up” on 7th and 8th graders... but yet he got 4th? Sounds to me like he’s right where he needs to be...

..and I can’t help but wonder when all this “how old is he?” Talk will end..
Old 01-13-19, 03:24 PM
Freshman

216 4 Life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY BALL View Post
Sensitivity does strike nerves in the weak. An example would be a butt hurt coach who was some type of mat maid or towel boy in college who says disparaging things to a young wrestler and follows the young man into a restroom. You meet some of the greatest people through wrestling. You also meet complete dirtballs.
Erich is already driving and has two kids.
Closed Thread