Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Score predictions
Lions by 7 or less 6 26.09%
Tigers by 7 or less 9 39.13%
Lions by 8-14 1 4.35%
Tigers by 8-14 5 21.74%
Lions by 15 or more 0 0%
Tigers by 15 or more 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-17, 09:48 AM
All Region

Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
Pickerington Central (4-1) @ Gahanna Lincoln (4-1)

This game has been close in recent years, and it's probably the most nervous I've been playing against the Lions in a long time. This is probably coach Ward's best team, and it's lead by one of the best QB's in the state. Both teams are coming off of revenge victories against OCC Central teams as well. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it'll be a close one!

Go Tigers!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-17, 11:31 AM
Varsity

D.Boone2 is on a distinguished road
High scoring game, I predict. PC is battle-tested against very good competition. Lions will keep it close with their QB and excellent skill position players. However, I think PC will dominate the LOS by the 4th and win by 10. 38-28.
Old 09-23-17, 12:12 PM
All District

Big GLHS is on a distinguished road
Golden Lions are due....

........been a long time since the Lincoln Royal Blue & Athletic Gold have defeated the mighty Tigers.......2001, 38-17 , then just Pickerington HS,.........loooooong over due!!!
Old 09-23-17, 08:27 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big GLHS View Post
........been a long time since the Lincoln Royal Blue & Athletic Gold have defeated the mighty Tigers.......2001, 38-17 , then just Pickerington HS,.........loooooong over due!!!
I believe that's the last time Reynoldsburg handed the Tigers an L as well! Both teams are looking dangerous this year!
Old 09-23-17, 09:23 PM
All District

Big GLHS is on a distinguished road
Ptown,.....you are correct......Raiders defeated the Tigers 30-14, both were @ Pickerington.
Old 09-25-17, 10:37 AM
All Region

Weather looks perfect for Friday. I'm excited to finally start conference play!

Go Tigers!
Old 09-25-17, 10:49 AM
All Region

PCTigerTrackCoach is on a distinguished road
If Tigers run the ball and control the clock, it will be an easy victory, get cute and it will be a game decided in the 4th quarter
Old 09-25-17, 11:52 AM
All American

Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
Go Lions!

Sorry PC fans, Elder needs the points if they can muster a 5-5 finish with this gauntlet of a schedule they have...but hey, how about Morgan Ellison and Peyton Ramsey playing together at IU?? Should be a great backfield for the next few years!
Old 09-25-17, 12:16 PM
All Ohio

OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Haven't seen Gahanna play yet, but their news travels far. Pick Central is tough, but I believe Gahanna is the team to be this year.

Gahanna by 3.
Old 09-25-17, 06:18 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
This is the Lions best chance in years and Lowery is a true dual threat who gives them a great shot, but I like the Tigers by 8-14.
Old 09-25-17, 06:22 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC GUY View Post
Haven't seen Gahanna play yet, but their news travels far. Pick Central is tough, but I believe Gahanna is the team to be this year.

Gahanna by 3.
Really. Gahanna lost to an average elder team
Old 09-26-17, 04:09 AM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
On the last play of the game a long heave. Would PC have crushed Elder themselves? is Trotwood Madison that much better than Elder ? I like PC to win as well, but using that one snippet as a way to disparage the opinion is ?? I ll leave it at that . last year this game was RAZOR CLOSE right? Is PC that much better this year and did Gahanna get that much worse? NO both of those are false .

Should be a competitive game
Old 09-26-17, 05:59 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
On the last play of the game a long heave. Would PC have crushed Elder themselves? is Trotwood Madison that much better than Elder ? I like PC to win as well, but using that one snippet as a way to disparage the opinion is ?? I ll leave it at that . last year this game was RAZOR CLOSE right? Is PC that much better this year and did Gahanna get that much worse? NO both of those are false .

Just saying they lost to a team that will finish 5-5 at best and most likely will have a losing record of 4-6
How is stating a fact disparaging

It's just a simple statement of fact
Old 09-26-17, 07:15 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFF View Post
Just saying they lost to a team that will finish 5-5 at best and most likely will have a losing record of 4-6
Finishing 5-5 in the GCL with Elder's schedule does not make one an "average" team. Statistically perhaps, but not in reality.
Old 09-26-17, 07:32 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields View Post
Finishing 5-5 in the GCL with Elder's schedule does not make one an "average" team. Statistically perhaps, but not in reality.
An Average Elder team. That's what I said
Old 09-26-17, 08:18 AM
All Ohio

OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Really. Gahanna lost to an average elder team
If you reference the votes above, the majority have Gahanna less than 7, which is where I am in opinion. It's just an opinion, and in high school football that doesn't mean much when talking about two talented teams.

I am picking Gahanna because I put a lot of stock in the QB position and how it sets the tempo on both offense and defense. I like Gahanna's QB. If he is able to keep a good rhythm and avoid mistakes such as turnovers, they will be tough to beat.

Last year everyone praised UA's defense as being the strength of the team. That may have been, but the night they played Pick Central, UA's defense gave up 29 points. What was a big factor was UA's offense scored 35 with no turnovers.

I really like Gahanna's offense. They play big under pressure and are very well balanced. That is why I am going with them by 3.
Old 09-26-17, 09:05 AM
All World

Gahanna has the advantage at QB and their RB Harris is legit . Speed and talent outside = a nice balanced offense. They were really effective with their screen game as well .

Now I see how PC would be confident winning this game . They will look and see them having very good success throwing on a younger less experienced Coffman secondary and surmise that won't happen to them as they have more individual talent and more experience ( Rock Freshman AJ Kirk will likely be more heavily recruited than those guys but is now just 15 years old)

They will also see how Coffman with all new full time O-Line starters ran the ball very well in the second half and surmise that they will gash them for both half"s with a veteran all five starters back offensive line .

Both valid thoughts but I agree Lowery is a difference maker he lessens those dynamics . I am leaning PC in a close one
Old 09-26-17, 09:09 AM
All World

Quote:
An Average Elder team. That's what I said
Ohhhhh, OK. I guess that is something roughly akin to an "average super model" or an "average Lamborghini" ....
Old 09-26-17, 09:18 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields View Post
Ohhhhh, OK. I guess that is something roughly akin to an "average super model" or an "average Lamborghini" ....
Haha. You said it. Not me.
Old 09-26-17, 10:55 AM
All World

Hmm I suppose ST X was an average team last year going into the playoffs as well? Catholic D-1 "s can lose a few or even more than that and Be " ABOVE " the average D- 1 team . The schedule is harder playing a handful of other more "like" ( more all star in nature ) programs with kids coming from a larger area than say 5 subdivisions or so . Apples and oranges
Old 09-26-17, 11:11 AM
All World

Quote:
Hmm I suppose ST X was an average team last year going into the playoffs as well? Catholic D-1 "s can lose a few or even more than that and Be " ABOVE " the average D- 1 team . The schedule is harder playing a handful of other more "like" ( more all star in nature ) programs with kids coming from a larger area than say 5 subdivisions or so . Apples and oranges
Great excuses. You go with that
Old 09-26-17, 11:45 AM
All Region

I tend to think that Central will play "cute" as mentioned by track coach, and as a result, will be playing with fire. Honestly, my initial reaction is to go with the Lions in a nailbiter. Either way, I expect a great game!

Go Tigers
Old 09-26-17, 12:06 PM
All World

Excuses ? For what ? I'm not a Gahanna or Elder fan , what is your excuse for your poor thought process. ??

It wasn't a great take guy but I suppose people pointing it out are wrong and you are spot on . Iggy has a nice program and Elder took them to the wire . St Ed"s and ST X are clearly the best two teams this year so besides them i suppose everyone else is varying degrees of average . You win
Old 09-26-17, 12:35 PM
All World

Quote:
Excuses ? For what ? I'm not a Gahanna or Elder fan , what is your excuse for your poor thought process. ??

It wasn't a great take guy but I suppose people pointing it out are wrong and you are spot on . Iggy has a nice program and Elder took them to the wire . St Ed"s and ST X are clearly the best two teams this year so besides them i suppose everyone else is varying degrees of average . You win
Thanks. I knew you'd come around. Appreciate your humble acknowledgment that I was right. My choice of the term average Elder team was SpotOn
Old 09-26-17, 01:33 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Challenge Game (9/29): Pickerington Central (4-1) at Gahanna Lincoln (4-1)

Pickerington Central (4-1) at Gahanna Lincoln (4-1)
08/25/17 Gahanna Lincoln (Gahanna) 24, Westerville Central (Westerville) 3
09/01/17 Gahanna Lincoln (Gahanna) 34, Westerville South (Westerville) 0
09/08/17 Gahanna Lincoln (Gahanna) 23, Elder (Cincinnati) 27
09/15/17 Gahanna Lincoln (Gahanna) 40, New Albany (New Albany) 20
09/22/17 Gahanna Lincoln (Gahanna) 34, Dublin Coffman (Dublin) 32
08/24/17 Pickerington Central (Pickerington) 24, Detroit Cass Tech () [MI] 21
09/01/17 Pickerington Central (Pickerington) 25, Cathedral (Indianapolis) [IN] 20
09/08/17 Pickerington Central (Pickerington) 19, Trotwood-Madison (Trotwood) 28
09/15/17 Pickerington Central (Pickerington) 33, Groveport Madison (Groveport) 7
09/22/17 Pickerington Central (Pickerington) 41, Upper Arlington (Upper Arlington) 7

Play this game and the other 11 games in the pick'em here:
http://www.yappi.com/contest/contest.php
Old 09-26-17, 02:41 PM
All Region

Quote:

Great points Harry, I always enjoy reading your assessments and evaluations. To your question, PC was a MUCH better team last year, as I believe there's no way to replace Morgan Ellison, Kieran Douglas, Garon Howard and the leadership and athleticism and speed several other seniors possessed. Not to mention a Sr. QB.... Central has the athletes but if they're not being put in the right places, it doesn't matter... Rolling with my Tigers and I'm hoping its a good dose of power running.
Old 09-26-17, 04:20 PM
All World

I think some myself included forget about some of the losses they incurred as all HS teams do of course because they have so many guys back from last year. Some guys I believe and agree are invaluable leaders who bring a certain attitude and example that is infectious .

I think that is what you were getting at , and I agree about Ellison , I was of the opinion that he was under-recruited , no question about it not that Indian and the Big -10 is something to sniff at but to me he has already proven in this short time that some schools missed the boat on him .

QB is obviously very talented but is still learning and growing as a Soph , still a pretty full cupboard over there , but you make some good points about some guys some may forget the importance of .

Sure Tigers are seeing film of Coffman power running in the second half vs the Lions as a possible path to victory , Coffman just couldn't close it out made a couple mistakes late and didn't make that one play to seal it and Lions are good enough to make those crucial plays . Good luck to your Tigers
Old 09-26-17, 07:38 PM
All Region

Quote:
I think some myself included forget about some of the losses they incurred as all HS teams do of course because they have so many guys back from last year. Some guys I believe and agree are invaluable leaders who bring a certain attitude and example that is infectious .

I think that is what you were getting at , and I agree about Ellison , I was of the opinion that he was under-recruited , no question about it not that Indian and the Big -10 is something to sniff at but to me he has already proven in this short time that some schools missed the boat on him .

QB is obviously very talented but is still learning and growing as a Soph , still a pretty full cupboard over there , but you make some good points about some guys some may forget the importance of .

Sure Tigers are seeing film of Coffman power running in the second half vs the Lions as a possible path to victory , Coffman just couldn't close it out made a couple mistakes late and didn't make that one play to seal it and Lions are good enough to make those crucial plays . Good luck to your Tigers
Thanks bud, and when do you guys get Mike Drennan back? He's a HUGE loss on offense right now
Old 09-27-17, 06:10 AM
All World

The timeline for a possible return is close to now, so hopefully we see him soon. Game changer no question, difference maker who the Rocks offense has definitely missed . I think you add him to the ingredients that are maturing and you'll have a dangerous offense come play-off time.

Another factor that I feel is in the Tigers favor is the fact that Gahanna had a full four quarter war last week vs Coffman . Game wasn't decided until the last minute and a half , Rocks played very physically in the second half especially and PC had a somewhat 'Easier" more leisurely go of it vs Upper Arlington . Game wasn't in doubt for all that long .

Can the Lions hit that performance peak again a week later ? Will PC have too much in the second half ? Coffman was arguably the better club in the second half, but overall Gahanna had a bit too much speed and talent in some areas that they took advantage of and made a couple more plays over the full 4 . I was very impre4ssed with Justus Harris, a real D-1 prospect at RB who had really nice cutting ability and good acceleration . Coffman linebackers area very good group and he shook them a few times, and not only that he played some defense and took some big hits from 220 pound backers and kept charging.

Screen game hurt the Rocks as well , as they had to sell out a bit at times and got hurt .

Tigers will pound the ball most likely , like a boxer going to the body conscientiously early on to reap the reward later in the fight , and I feel they have the horses and experience in the secondary to defend their talented receivers well enough to get the W .

Lowery is a cool customer , QB is a reps position, and he has a LOT OF THEM at the varsity level , getting his feet wet as a Frosh at PN and now he is 15 full starts in with this offense and it shows , nothing bothers the kid , he stays in keeps his eyes downfield and makes plays . Fun to watch . Of course I wasn't having a ton of fun as a Rocks fan last week LOL .

Weather back to normal a bit cool even especially in the second half this Friday . No play-off rematch possibility here as Lions are now in R-2 , I wouldn't be shocked to see a Gahanna - Coffman rematch though. Good luck and good health on Friday .
Old 09-27-17, 03:22 PM
All Region

Walt is on a distinguished road
Looks like the weather will be good...seems like every time the Tigers and Lions face off it's either raining or cold, or both.

I expect a nail-biter...