Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-04-18, 05:37 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by reporter07 View Post
You may have to go back and do some reading. You can start a few pages back:

I tend to agree with George Will's column last night, especially this part:
Midterm of a first term president and lame duck 2nd term presidential election...these are not the same. Will knows this, proving his never Trump stance has rotted his common sense.
Old 10-04-18, 05:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You said it was abundantly clear. You offer nothing to back that up aside from your assumptions.

Name one.
It is abundantly clear to any rational non partisan person. No evidence, no corroboration. They first tried to railroad him with an anonymous accusation. When thinking people said this is a joke right? They came up with a name. She was given an opportunity to testify yet stalled with silly conditions and false excuses about not flying. Then when it was pointed out that sexual abusers have a pattern and in this case none was evident voila two more accusers come out of nowhere claiming abuse and establishing a pattern.

Then when he vigorously defended himself against false accusations the narrative is "he doesn't have the proper temperment" of course if he had come out meekly it would have been "what is he hiding, why didn't he defend himself stronger if he knows he's innocent"
It is very transparent what is going on.

You are either highly partisan or not that intelligent, I'll leave that up to you to decide.
Old 10-04-18, 05:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I struggle to understand how anyone who is following this story closely could claim that Dr. Ford's account of the night in question was credible.

She has not fully cooperated with the investigation by refusing to turn over her polygraph results and her therapist notes. Her selective memory is laughable and clearly contrived. The GOP prosecutor clearly showed the numerous inconsistencies in Ford's recollection of events.

If the republicans wished to play hardball they have an excellent case for bringing perjury charges against this women.

IMO the evidence overwhelmingly supports the notion that Dr. Ford was a willing accomplice in an organized smear campaign against Kavanaugh. And the only reason it didn't work was that:

* The attempted smear was amateurish

* And the republicans grew a backbone in the face of such a blatant hit job.
That's what surprises me. Not that Dems went there but how bad they were at It. They should've bought a few witnesses.
Old 10-04-18, 06:06 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
She did not have any. Everybody she named said under oath that they new nothing about what she was talking about even your best friend from high school. So who are you going to call?
Old 10-04-18, 06:26 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
There was no rule, fish. There was a silly statement by Biden.
It was a little more than a ďsilly statement,Ē but okay.
Old 10-04-18, 07:24 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I struggle to understand how anyone who is following this story closely could claim that Dr. Ford's account of the night in question was credible.

She has not fully cooperated with the investigation by refusing to turn over her polygraph results and her therapist notes. Her selective memory is laughable and clearly contrived. The GOP prosecutor clearly showed the numerous inconsistencies in Ford's recollection of events.

If the republicans wished to play hardball they have an excellent case for bringing perjury charges against this women.

IMO the evidence overwhelmingly supports the notion that Dr. Ford was a willing accomplice in an organized smear campaign against Kavanaugh. And the only reason it didn't work was that:

* The attempted smear was amateurish

* And the republicans grew a backbone in the face of such a blatant hit job.
Again, only the most partisan believe her. She shared the therapy notes with the media, but not the committee, lol. She can't fly, but actually she does. She needed a second front door because of the attempted rape, oh actually it was so they could rent out that part of the house. She had to read her account? One would think such a traumatic event would be seared into her memory, no notes needed for that. smh
Old 10-04-18, 07:24 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
It was a little more than a ďsilly statement,Ē but okay.
Right, just a speech on the floor of the Senate to a Democrat majority by the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

More shenanigans by Uncle Joe.
Old 10-04-18, 08:33 PM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
It is generally not a great thing to have a Judge testifying under oath for a SCOTUS postion to tell out right lies in his sworn testimony. He could have said I did some things in my youth I am not proud of...
Jesus Christ you people are insane, imagine if Cavanaugh actually did something like throw over a table or two of some salesman at the temple...you would literally crucify him for something like that.
Old 10-04-18, 09:48 PM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFan99 View Post
By imposing a short time frame for the investigation, and limiting what could be investigated, the Republicans gave cover for the Democrats to complain about the investigation. If they would have given the FBI ample time and freedom to conduct the investigation as they saw fit, it would have eliminated the Dem's ability to complain. I know some would have still complained, but there would have been less cause for complaining
From the start of their calls for an FBI investigation, the Dems claimed it would only take a few days to have the FBI interview the few witnesses that Ford had named. The FBI was given a week and were told to interview whoever they thought necessary. They got it done in 5 days (I.e. they didnít need the whole week to interview everyone they felt they needed to). Other than partisan Dems (who were never going to vote to confirm anyway), what leads you to believe the FBI needed more time? The FBI is not only not asking for more time, they didnít even need all the time that they WERE given.
Old 10-04-18, 09:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Kav's good buddies with the DEEP State. Wray, Mueller and a lot of FBI brass.
If so, then I guess the Dems were pretty stupid to call for the investigation.
Old 10-04-18, 09:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
2. That she couldn't fly to the hearing and needed more time so she could drive.
There is also the whole reasoning behind the second front door on her house.
Old 10-04-18, 10:00 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Oh my God, the Dems have the nerve to criticize the FBI. I didn't think anyone was allowed to criticize the FBI. The Dems had told us they were sacrosanct and above all criticism.
Old 10-05-18, 07:22 AM
All Yappi

FBI report included text messages from Monica McClean to Leyland Keyser, asking Keyser to "clarify her statement."

Not the best of looks for Ms. McClean. Again.
Old 10-05-18, 07:28 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
I think Kavanaugh loses 52-48. It is imperative that the Rs keep the senate
Old 10-05-18, 07:40 AM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
I think Kavanaugh loses 52-48. It is imperative that the Rs keep the senate
If you think the Rs will vote "no" to keep the Senate you probably don't know how the voters currently feel. The R base would revolt and they would DEFINITELY lose both the HOR and Senate if Kavanaugh is not approved.
Old 10-05-18, 07:50 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmog View Post
If you think the Rs will vote "no" to keep the Senate you probably don't know how the voters currently feel. The R base would revolt and they would DEFINITELY lose both the HOR and Senate if Kavanaugh is not approved.
Not what Iím saying, I think Murkowski, Flake and Collins will vote no. The republicans have to hold the senate to confirm someone else
Old 10-05-18, 08:10 AM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Feinstein and Dems last ditch lame effort to derail KAVANAUGH

Quote:
Not what Iím saying, I think Murkowski, Flake and Collins will vote no. The republicans have to hold the senate to confirm someone else

Yeah I doubt that. I think they've seen enough to come around now. And I think dem wv senator will vote for him too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 10-05-18 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-05-18, 08:15 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Flake and Collins have already indicated that they were satisfied with the FBI report. They will likely vote yes. Manchin has also hinted that he will vote yes. I havenít heard much about Murkowski, but if Manchin (a Dem) votes yes, that would put a lot of pressure on Murkowski to vote yes as well. At this point it looks more likely that Kavanaugh will be confirmed 52-48 (or better).

But we shall see. I think if Dems tried any other last second shenanigans, it would really hurt them in November. I get the sense that most voters are seeing right through these tactics of the left now.
Old 10-05-18, 08:29 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Maybe I'm engaged in some wishful thinking here Zeeman but I smell a Mitch McConnell strategery in play here.

I believe the 3 republicans will all vote yes but Mitch has asked them NOT to tell folks they're voting yes ahead of time to put pressure on Manchin. You see if it's a done deal that the republicans have the votes to confirm then Chucky Shumer would give Manchin the okay to vote yes to save his seat. But if Manchin is the DECIDING vote Schumer won't release him.

The closer to tomorrow afternoon that Manchin gets before declaring a "yes" vote the less likely that vote helps him. It would be clear to even the dumbest West Virginia voter that Manchin is a fake.
Old 10-05-18, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmog View Post
I agree jmog. Should the GOP fail to confirm Kavanaugh then the current republican surge in voter enthusiasm would evaporate. On top of that the bases anger would be squarely directed back at the GOP for AGAIN (the 1st being failure to repeal Obama care) failing to achieve a critical outcome on an important issue.
Old 10-05-18, 08:37 AM
All Region

2manyBats is on a distinguished road
Did Everyone Miss - Fish's Post

Friend of Christine Blasey Ford reportedly felt pressure to revisit statement on allegations

Keyser told the investigators that she was -- as the WSJ notes -- urged to clarify her statement by Monica McLean, a former FBI agent and friend of Fordís, the paper reported, citing people familiar with the matter.

so .. the Opposition Party wants Kavanaugh out so Bad that they Bring in a Former FBI Agent to "Strong Arm" her into changing her testimony......

has the left gone Off its Rocker ?

of course - everyone states they were just advising her about how her testimony was being used by the GOP .... DAAAH ... it supports his story
Old 10-05-18, 08:40 AM
All Yappi

Collusion anyone?

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1047839541330153472
Old 10-05-18, 08:45 AM
All Yappi

Don't read this story until you've taken your blood pressure medications:

https://triblive.com/local/regional/...boy-with-false

This is why the notion that we must believ the accusers without question is an affront to the constitution of the USA.

As an aside it looks like these mean high school girls did a better job of setting up their target for false sexual assault charges then the democrats did in setting up Kavanaugh.
Old 10-05-18, 08:46 AM
All Region

2manyBats is on a distinguished road
lotr

has this been verified ?

that's another Nail in the Democratic Coffin - time to Replace them all
Old 10-05-18, 10:59 AM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Like I said before ...

Need to nominate strong republicans in the next primaries of Maine and Alaska to knock out weak Collins and murkowski. Murkowski still voting against the nominee after all this is a joke. May as well be a democrat

Old 10-05-18, 11:21 AM
All World

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Like I said before ...

Need to nominate strong republicans in the next primaries of Maine and Alaska to knock out weak Collins and murkowski. Murkowski still voting against the nominee after all this is a joke. May as well be a democrat

Wasn't she a write in? The native people have spoken!
Old 10-05-18, 12:02 PM
All Yappi

Her dad gave her the seat in the first place.
Old 10-05-18, 12:10 PM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wasn't she a write in? The native people have spoken!
I didn't hear Warren say anything?
Old 10-05-18, 12:50 PM
All District

toledomansfield is on a distinguished road
i think the way collins is acting she is a no.
Old 10-05-18, 12:54 PM
All Yappi

dado6 is on a distinguished road
Senate votes 51-49 to advance Kavanaugh.
Murkowski a no; Manchin (D-WVa) a yes.
Collins and Flake were yes

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...-18/index.html

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: