Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-10-17, 12:17 PM
All Ohio

warren1st is on a distinguished road
Michigan

Go Blue!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-17, 07:10 PM
All Ohio

sodbuster is on a distinguished road
Right back at ya! Wasn't the prettiest game though.
Old 09-10-17, 08:38 PM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Speight hasn't inspired much confidence thus far but I expect the passing game to improve as the season goes on and he develops more chemistry with the new WRs and TEs.

Air Force is coming to town this week and it should be another multi-TD win. They are always a tough team to prepare for, but I don't think they have one of their better squads this year.
Old 09-10-17, 09:52 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
As an outsider that's watched quite a bit of the first two Michigan games, Speight's play will determine how the season goes. The defense is good enough to get them through the Big Ten and into the playoff IMO.
Old 09-16-17, 11:38 AM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Go Air Force!
Old 09-17-17, 06:49 AM
All Ohio

warren1st, JH is going to start earning his paycheck now. WS, man I don't know about him. Do you think O'Korn is any better? Getting late to play around with the QB now.
Old 09-18-17, 01:19 PM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodbuster View Post
warren1st, JH is going to start earning his paycheck now. WS, man I don't know about him. Do you think O'Korn is any better? Getting late to play around with the QB now.
If O'Korn was the better option he'd be playing. He clearly has enough deficiencies in his game to prevent him from seeing the field.

I think the play-calling will play a big role in Speight's/the offense's success going forward. Considering the offense has only scored 5 offensive touchdowns in 3 games (with two of those games against opponents they were huge favorites over), there clearly is an issue with consistently moving the ball and converting in the red zone- which should all come back to the OC imo.
Old 09-18-17, 01:49 PM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Tarik Black with foot surgery. Don't know the severity but I'd imagine that knocks him out for most, if not all, the year. Feet injuries are hard to come back from without lots of time off.
Old 09-18-17, 02:45 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
I think the bigger concern for the UM offense is the play of the OL, in particular the right side.
Old 09-23-17, 08:45 PM
All Ohio

I think O'Korn deserves to be the starting QB after today's performance. Four times in the Red Zone and 4 TDs! Is much more mobile than Speight but JH has an affinity for Speight so we shall see.....
Old 09-23-17, 09:04 PM
All Ohio

I think O'Korn deserves the shot. Why wasn't there a flag, late hit or roughing the passer on WS injury? He looked clearly down when #7 plowed into his back.
Old 09-23-17, 09:28 PM
All Ohio

Yep, the guy looked like a Mack truck running over the downed Speight. I'm surprised Purdue was so dirty. "Can't beat'em, beat 'em up!"
Old 09-24-17, 12:20 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Two targeting calls and two chop blocks, not good. One of the targeting came when the offensive player crouched down, effectively putting his head where the hit was. This needs to change on the rule. See way too many go down that way. One on Purdue's Anthrop by Michigan, pretty clear, not called. Does the "dirty" go both ways?

Brohm addressed it. I think/hope it was only over enthusisam and not a culture pushed. From Brohn's response, I think that unlikely.

I'm still not sold on Purdue's "trick play" offense but regardless, Michigan showed a solid defense and maybe because of injury, found the QB they'll need to challenge for the BCS invite.
Old 10-25-17, 01:25 PM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Is Michigan the 3rd best team in the Big Ten East, or the 4th?

Discuss.
Old 10-25-17, 02:14 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Is Michigan the 3rd best team in the Big Ten East, or the 4th?

Discuss.
Well if tOSU beats them 4th is probably the right spot seeing that MSU & PSU already beat them. Also, if the idiot IU coach didn't have a brain fart on 1st and goal from the 3 in OT there could be a discussion that they are 5th in the B1G East.

There are pieces parts for Harbough to work with in Ann Arbor but that OL and QB spots are killing him. His OL recruits look like great B1G players circa 1997 instead of 2017, they are big but nonathletic and they have trouble with quicker DL that you now see in NCAA football. Also his QBs look and play just like he did, which would be OK if it was the 1980s. That type of QB works if you have a once in a generational player like Luck but even another pro style offensive guy like Saban has figured out you need to have some wheels these days at QB.