Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-05-17, 12:37 PM
Freshman

Spartan1969 is on a distinguished road
Division 2 District Boys/Girls Site Change??

If you look on NEDAB site it has the Malone Division 2 District which is run by Jack Hazen being run at Canton Glen Oak and not Malone....is that right or just a mistake???
I tried calling someone at the Board, but you know how that works out.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-17, 01:04 PM
Freshman

Spartan1969 is on a distinguished road
Just got confirmation from Jack Hazen himself...the location has been changed to Canton Glenoak, and so has the Malone Invitational. Both being run at Canton GlenOak. Thank goodness I saw that...thought it was a typo.
Old 09-05-17, 03:40 PM
All Ohio

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like in hindsight my comets made the right choice racing at Glen Oak Invitational this year.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-17, 05:16 PM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
Looks like in hindsight my comets made the right choice racing at Glen Oak Invitational this year.
Why? I do not see the advantage of running a course multiple times. I do not see runners setting up turns or running tangents or doing any of the things that might make me think they know the ins and outs of a course. I know when my daughter ran, she preferred not to have run a course before (I was the same) Her close teammate absolutely preferred to run a course multiple times. The teammate liked the familiarity. My daughter like the unfamiliarity of a course. She felt it made her more focused and fresh. She thought being too familiar made her complacent.
Old 09-05-17, 05:37 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Depends if they liked the course or not.

As for the topic at hand, yes, the district meets originally scheduled to be held at Malone will be run at GlenOak HS. Malone just broke ground on some new athletic fields which will make the XC course unavailable this fall. Not sure what the future holds, but I do know GlenOak would be OK with hosting the district meet in the future. They did an excellent job hosting the '08 regional meet on short notice.
Old 09-05-17, 08:25 PM
All District

gatornation is on a distinguished road
Whether they like the course or not, they better learn to love it, it is their ticket to Regional!
Old 09-05-17, 09:23 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatornation View Post
Whether they like the course or not, they better learn to love it, it is their ticket to Regional!
You are correct about that, but you see my point.

A runner could have a bad experience on a course, and it gets in his or her head for the next time. Not sure how valuable previous course experience is if it's bad experience. We had a family of runners on our team that developed a Boardman "curse." That course was in the younger siblings' heads from having seen their older siblings struggle on it. We never made state as a team with any of those family members on varsity (10 kids in the family, 8 of the 10 ran XC). Closest any of them got was when brother #2 was an alternate on our state team his senior year. Brother #4 qualified to regionals as an individual his senior year, got a side stitch on the 2nd loop, and ended up last or 2nd to last.